PDA

View Full Version : Beat the gas crunch!! Buy this....

Taco
04-19-2006, 08:04 AM
:bike:

It took $63.00 to fill up my truck :spless:

Marklar MM
04-19-2006, 08:16 AM
:bike:

It took $63.00 to fill up my truck :spless:

Too much fucking work.

Clandestino
04-19-2006, 08:17 AM
Confucious say: Woman who ride bike through city peddle ass all over town.

ObiwanGinobili
04-19-2006, 09:02 AM
if we all bought bikes in this heat??

San Antonio would fast go from one of the fatest US cities to one of the slimest. LA better be on it's toes.

boutons_
04-19-2006, 09:24 AM
In 2000,

avg gas price in EU was about $3.50, forcing avg gas mileage up to 36 mpg.

avg gas price in USA was about $1.70, allowing avg gas mileage to stagnate at 25 mpg.

(don't have the 2006 figures)

How many miles does your $63 tank price buy if your truck got 36 mpg instead of its current ... mpg?

Taco
04-19-2006, 09:26 AM
In 2000,

avg gas price in EU was about $3.50, forcing avg gas mileage up to 36 mpg.

avg gas price in USA was about $1.70, allowing avg gas mileage to stagnate at 25 mpg.

(don't have the 2006 figures)

How many miles does your $63 tank price buy if your truck got 36 mpg instead of its current ... mpg?

in the city my truck gets 16 mpg if i'm lucky :depressed

Clandestino
04-19-2006, 09:28 AM
many, many cars in EU are manual and diesel... two pluses

CubanMustGo
04-19-2006, 09:38 AM
and a whole lot smaller than the barges you see on the road here. I was going to breakfast yesterday and was stopped at an intersection waiting to turn left. I had to wait on nine vehicles before I could turn. Eight were SUVs, one was a minivan; all had one person in them.

Ironically, when I bought the car in 2000 I wanted a manual transmission, but of course there were none to be found and I didn't want to wait on a special order. Regretting it now.

Clandestino
04-19-2006, 09:43 AM
me too... i didn't want to wait forever...so i said fuck it... oh well...

ObiwanGinobili
04-19-2006, 10:09 AM
I've got a stick shift on a 2.6 6valve ..

and my milage is better than in my old 4 valve automatic :smokin

Vashner
04-19-2006, 10:28 AM
Stock traders have had oil undervalued and targeted to 100 bucks a barrel for a long time.

We looking at 3-4 dollar a gallon in the next year I think.

Duff McCartney
04-19-2006, 11:20 AM
I had a bike that I used to go from school and back...but some fucker stole it.

leemajors
04-19-2006, 12:12 PM
difference in manual vs automatic mpg is not that large anymore.

1Parker1
04-19-2006, 12:24 PM
What are gas prices up there in Texas right now? I just filled my Toyota up for $2.79 a gallon (and that's just for regular unleaded gas :wow)

2Blonde
04-19-2006, 12:50 PM
I'm not sure about the in town prices. I paid 2.69 on base yesterday at Ft. Sam Houston.

boutons_
04-19-2006, 12:53 PM
There used to be a huge price break/incentive on a liter of diesel vs petrol/benzin/essence/gasoline on the Continent, but that has been reduced or eliminated. Some studies show that particulates from diesel engines are very small and penetrate deeper into lungs than crap from gasoline.

Whatever, diesel or gas, the USA is fucking itself over
(consuming more precious oil +
polluting more than necessary +
continued/increasing dependence on Muslim/unfriendly countries +
etc, etc)

... by not pushing an aggressive oil conservation program.

The USA doesn't have the balls and maturity to face up to oil as a security problem and environmental problem. USA is like a child who wants all things, all the time, and don't anybody even suggest that the USA have the responsiblity to go along with the freedoms.

The Repugs would rather fight a $1T phony war and murder US military rather than start a war on oil consumption.

MoSpur
04-19-2006, 01:39 PM
Its crazy. It took $38 to fill up my wife's car. Its a four-cylinder. It takes $60 to fill up my truck. I think when Bush leaves the gas will go down. Its funny to me that this guy started off in the oil business and as soon as he became President the gas prices sky rocketed. I would be willing to bet all that I have that Bush is making a killing right now off of the oil business.

Vashner
04-19-2006, 02:36 PM
Dude Bush is not why gas is going up. The democrats are already playing tough on defense so they will play the same game with Iran. Clinton used to fire off airstrikes all the time without asking congress. Hillary is no push over to Iran.

No one will sit in that office that's not centrist or right on defense in 08.

China is selling something like 100,000 new cars A D AY ... and is now the 2nd biggest consumer on earth.

Crude oil is not gasoline.. you have to refine it btw.

3 bucks a gallon is still cheap compared to the rest of the world.

Edit add: Oh btw ....
the DEMOCRATS blocked drilling in Alaska... DEMOCRATS blocked drilling off California... DEMOCRATS if anyone are to blame for poor domestic production.

CubanMustGo
04-19-2006, 04:59 PM
What are gas prices up there in Texas right now? I just filled my Toyota up for $2.79 a gallon (and that's just for regular unleaded gas :wow)

www.texasgasprices.com
www.sanantoniogasprices.com

Prices here north of the stinkin' D/FW area are right at $3/gallon for regular unleaded. If I go 20 miles up the road to Sherman I can save 20-30 cents per gallon ... but of course waste gas getting there and back. We are there Tuesday nights anyway so we make sure the tank is just about empty by the time we arrive.

Click here (http://www.sanantoniogasprices.com/Price_By_County.aspx?state=TX) for a cool interactive map that shows where prices are higher and lower. If anyone can tell me why gas in places like UTAH and IDAHO of all places is cheap, it would be appreciated.

TDMVPDPOY
04-19-2006, 05:10 PM
down here where i live, AU $1.40 per/ltr, lucky for me i live in the city, so i can just catch public transport or drive to friends place, then make them drive.

seriously there is talk it could get higher....