PDA

View Full Version : Greg Oden talks about Robinson & Duncan

arenateam
04-19-2006, 03:35 PM
He has a chance to be another one of the greats just like them. He's unbelievably dominant. Greg Oden talks about David Robinson and Tim Duncan here. I know there is no chance of him going to the Spurs though, so he's prolly headed to Toronto or Atlanta in a year.

http://www.sportsstarsoftomorrow.com/videoarchive.asp?itemid=1001211659

:fro

TDMVPDPOY
04-19-2006, 03:40 PM
there is a chance he can become a spurs, thats if his willin to go take cheap money at them minimum instead of declaring for the draft, we sign as an undrafted player, then after first year, we give him mle for 3 seasons, then give him max

timvp
04-19-2006, 03:45 PM
there is a chance he can become a spurs, thats if his willin to go take cheap money at them minimum instead of declaring for the draft, we sign as an undrafted player, then after first year, we give him mle for 3 seasons, then give him max

Drug test needed ASAP.

Sense
04-19-2006, 03:53 PM
He IS wearing David's 50....

JamStone
04-19-2006, 04:08 PM
Tim Duncan has a season ending injury next season and the Spurs tank, and unbelievably get the #1 draft pick of the 2007 NBA Draft.

That would never happen ...

Sec24Row7
04-19-2006, 04:09 PM
Heh... well at least we didnt fuck up our top draft pick and trade him 2 years later after never playing him.

TDMVPDPOY
04-19-2006, 04:09 PM
Drug test needed ASAP.

7.09am here, still awake to catch the spurs-teddybears game

if we do what i suggested, lets hope we dont get caught like the wolves

ShoogarBear
04-19-2006, 04:20 PM
Heh... well at least we didnt fuck up our top draft pick and trade him 2 years later after never playing him.

LOL, remember that line by Bill Simmons about the A-S game? How he was hoping Flip would forget and play Dwyane Wade with the four Pistons, just to see the look on Joe Dumars' face?

:lmao

Phenomanul
04-19-2006, 05:32 PM
Tim Duncan has a season ending injury next season and the Spurs tank, and unbelievably get the #1 draft pick of the 2007 NBA Draft.

That would never happen ...

'87 draft --- David Robinson
'97 draft --- Tim Duncan
'07 draft --- Greg Oden.....

One can dream can't they???

Tigole Bitties
04-19-2006, 05:55 PM
Is Oden that good? Or is he another Olowokandi? He wasn't that impressive at the McDonald's A-A game.

Now Kevin Durant on the other hand...

TDMVPDPOY
04-19-2006, 05:57 PM
i think next season alot of teams are goin to tank without a legitimate reason....what did oden say though? cose i cant seem to watch it

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-19-2006, 06:11 PM
Duncan breaks his ankle 10 games into the season. Manu hurts his hip and gets plantar fascitis 15 games in.

The Spurs start Tony, Barry, Bowen, Scola, and Mohammed the rest of the year, screw around and let Tony average 40 a game but lose 60 games, and end up with the #1 pick and get Oden.

:spin

Spurologist
04-19-2006, 06:13 PM
i think next season alot of teams are goin to tank without a legitimate reason....what did oden say though? cose i cant seem to watch it

David Robinson. I really like David Robinson. But Now I kinda like Tim Duncan.

alamo50
04-19-2006, 06:32 PM
Thanks for the link AT!
I never seen any footage of Oden untill now.
Looks like a smart kid who knows and understands what to do.
Can't wait to start following his career at Ohio State.

TDMVPDPOY
04-19-2006, 06:34 PM
apparently oden is stayin at OSU cose his scared of rasho, his waitin till rasho retires then his goin to enter the draft

Kori Ellis
04-19-2006, 06:45 PM
All of you wishing for Spurs injuries next season need to hush your mouths.

Frenchise player
04-19-2006, 07:03 PM
Duncan breaks his ankle 10 games into the season. Manu hurts his hip and gets plantar fascitis 15 games in.

The Spurs start Tony, Barry, Bowen, Scola, and Mohammed the rest of the year, screw around and let Tony average 40 a game but lose 60 games, and end up with the #1 pick and get Oden.

:spin
I think that this starting five would get them near the playoffs if you include Pop's coaching and a still solid bench.
But anyway, I don't think that the ends always justify the means.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-19-2006, 07:09 PM
What college is Oden going to? Or is he entering next summer's draft?

timvp loves greg oden.

tlongII
04-19-2006, 07:10 PM
Oden is our only hope.

Melmart1
04-19-2006, 07:12 PM

NO SHIT! I am glad I am not the only one who thinks that.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-19-2006, 07:57 PM
I was kidding about the injuries. Here's how it's going to go down...

Spurs trade Brent and the rights to Scola to New Orleans, get J.R. Smith, Macijauskas, and an unprotected first round pick in 2007.

Chris Paul goes down early in the year next year and go in the tank, finishing with the 7th worst record in the league.

The ping pong balls get drawn and lo and behold the Spurs get the #1 pick and the rights to Oden. Danny Ainge cries in Boston that they were robbed and calls and offers anyone on the roster for the #1 pick.

Spurs laugh, take Oden #1 and bring back the twin towers. :hat

Dre_7
04-19-2006, 08:04 PM
What college is Oden going to? Or is he entering next summer's draft?

timvp loves greg oden.

Unfortunately, Oden is going to Ohio State. :depressed

Horry For 3!
04-19-2006, 08:11 PM
Unfortunately, Oden is going to Ohio State. :depressed
Oden's teammate Mike Conley is going to Ohio State too. They will be dominate.

Obstructed_View
04-19-2006, 08:12 PM
I just want to know when Jose Canseco bought the naming rights to Indy's arena.

arenateam
04-20-2006, 01:57 PM
jose conseco., hmmmm.

Darkwaters
04-20-2006, 02:12 PM
From what I've read about Oden, hes supposed to be something really special. Theres no way he'd no declare for the draft. He'll go number 1, no matter what.

infinite styles
04-20-2006, 02:35 PM
Oden looks a lot like DRob in those highlights they were showing.

101A
04-20-2006, 02:37 PM

Agreed.

1st; don't wish injuries; 2nd; only teams who need another piece worry about tanking. This team will be a favorite again next season.

I'll take a 4-peat over ANY player.

Notorious H.O.P.
04-20-2006, 03:52 PM

Yeah, the whole "breaks his ankle" thing was a little too much to take.

How about this?

Tim continues to be plagued by foot problems. His plantar fascitis is completely healed but is now forced to deal with a moderately nasty corn on his big toe. The Spurs decide two days before the start of the regular season that they are shutting Tim down for the year because the rest of the Spurs are sickened by Tim showing his corn to them all the time.

Manu is offered the chance to be sainted by the high ranking members of the Argentinian clergy. He unwisely accepts before finding out that he is now bound into a contract to tour the Argentinian countryside for a year, blessing everything from buildings to livestock.

Tony's rap career takes off in a major way with the release of his new album "Funky TP". Pop gives Tony the rest of the year off to promote his album in hopes that the Spurs might use TP's hit single "Fill the Bowl" to finally replace "Y'all Ready For This" as the arena's anthem.

Pop, after shortening his rotation to 8 players in the playoffs during the championship season, decides to "let the other guys play a little". Fielding a starting lineup of Sean Marks, Beno Udrih, Melvin Saunders, Fabricio Oberto and, showing a little bit of Nellie's influence on his coaching style, Rasho Nesterovic at point guard, the Spurs miraculously finish only one game out of the last playoff spot.

The Spurs send David Robinson the NBA Draft Lottery armed with a rabbit's foot, two chicken feet and picture of the Virgin De Guadalupe and improbably snag the first pick in the 2007 NBA Draft, ensuring the return of the Twin Towers and championships for years to come.

CosmicCowboy
04-20-2006, 04:53 PM
Yeah, the whole "breaks his ankle" thing was a little too much to take.

How about this?

Tim continues to be plagued by foot problems. His plantar fascitis is completely healed but is now forced to deal with a moderately nasty corn on his big toe. The Spurs decide two days before the start of the regular season that they are shutting Tim down for the year because the rest of the Spurs are sickened by Tim showing his corn to them all the time.

Manu is offered the chance to be sainted by the high ranking members of the Argentinian clergy. He unwisely accepts before finding out that he is now bound into a contract to tour the Argentinian countryside for a year, blessing everything from buildings to livestock.

Tony's rap career takes off in a major way with the release of his new album "Funky TP". Pop gives Tony the rest of the year off to promote his album in hopes that the Spurs might use TP's hit single "Fill the Bowl" to finally replace "Y'all Ready For This" as the arena's anthem.

Pop, after shortening his rotation to 8 players in the playoffs during the championship season, decides to "let the other guys play a little". Fielding a starting lineup of Sean Marks, Beno Udrih, Melvin Saunders, Fabricio Oberto and, showing a little bit of Nellie's influence on his coaching style, Rasho Nesterovic at point guard, the Spurs miraculously finish only one game out of the last playoff spot.

The Spurs send David Robinson the NBA Draft Lottery armed with a rabbit's foot, two chicken feet and picture of the Virgin De Guadalupe and improbably snag the first pick in the 2007 NBA Draft, ensuring the return of the Twin Towers and championships for years to come.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

post of the week at least!

Phenomanul
04-20-2006, 05:48 PM
'87 draft --- David Robinson
'97 draft --- Tim Duncan
'07 draft --- Greg Oden.....

One can dream can't they???

Hasn't anyone noticed the 10 year split of all sevens... is a Divine sign????

'tis meant to be...

ambchang
04-20-2006, 08:00 PM
Greg Oden looks, behaves and plays very similar to Robinson, I just don't understand all that talk about the next Shaq.
That aside, there is zero chance the Spurs can get him, of course, as stated before, if the Duncan, Parker and Ginobili were all out significant chunks of the season, and the ping pong balls bounce the right way.
There's also a LOT of talk about Oden plannning to finish college, that would put him in the draft of 2010, I believe. Perhaps the Spurs would suck by then.

ReverendRob
04-21-2006, 10:28 AM
The interesting thing about players like Oden and OJ Mayo is that these guys have been scouted since the FIFTH GRADE. It's amazing that Oden has managed to keep such a level head despite the constant attention for so long.

But on the other side of the coin, scouting them at that age is ridiculous. Nothing but a bunch of vultures looking for something to gain would start looking at and ranking players that early. You're messing with these kids psychologically if you start putting the idea into their heads that they are potential NBA/professional league material when they aren't even out of elementary school. I think some place even ranks the best third graders in the country.

Because of their very decidedly so "amateur" status, you can't do much with them at that point anyway. But everyone wants to groom these guys as soon as they are out of diapers in hopes of potentially cashing in down the road. And when it starts becoming obvious that they won't make it? It was a bad investment, but that's why you work multiple kids.

In the meantime, you've yanked the support system from underneath a kid who has been coddled for years and has been singularly focused on an idea that isn't going to happen. That is a huge letdown for the kid, if not emotionally and mentally damaging. Even people given a chance to make it like Leon Smith fail because they have the physical tools, but not the mental tools to make it.

So again, props to Oden for his outlook and apparent mental maturity. It would be fantastic to have a guy like that on our team. We could hope to consider the idea that he stays in school longer than a year and that some trade the Spurs engage in soon yields an unprotected first round pick that winds up being a lottery pick due to some other teams misfortune, not ours.