PDA

View Full Version : Kobe on TP: "His jump shot looked fine to me"

missmyzte
04-19-2006, 09:28 PM
On FSN, interviewing Kobe before the game about his picks for the different awards ...
Most Improved Player- Jack Haley offered up Tony Parker as a possiblity and Kobe looked at him like he was insane. Haley, "He's finally learned how to shoot the basketball, he can make a jump shot."

Kobe responded, "Get out of here, oh please. His jump shot looked fine to me."

1Parker1
04-19-2006, 09:32 PM
I don't get it...how can Kobe be 6th man of the year? He's a starter...

Pistons < Spurs
04-19-2006, 09:33 PM
I don't get it...how can Kobe be 6th man of the year? He's a starter...

ditto

E20
04-19-2006, 09:33 PM
How is Tony Parker a canidate for 6th man of the year? Maybe he was referring to most improved player?

JMarkJohns
04-19-2006, 09:34 PM
Had to be Parker for most improved....

E20
04-19-2006, 09:35 PM
On FSN, interviewing Kobe before the game about his picks for the different awards ...
6th Man of the Year - Jack Haley offered up Tony Parker as a possiblity and Kobe looked at him like he was insane. Haley, "He's finally learned how to shoot the basketball, he can make a jump shot."

Kobe responded, "Get out of here, oh please. His jump shot looked fine to me."
Also, it seems from my previous seeings of the two that they are pretty friendly and Kobe is just sticking up for a friend. But sometimes they get a little too friendly. What Kobe really needs to do is come over here and fix my jumpshot.

ShoogarBear
04-19-2006, 09:35 PM
Haley was never great with math.

1Parker1
04-19-2006, 09:39 PM
What Kobe really needs to do is come over here and fix my jumpshot.

:lol What? YOUR jumpshot?

missmyzte
04-19-2006, 09:41 PM
Oops, you're right, they were talking about 6th man while I was typing. It's Most Improved Player

E20
04-19-2006, 09:46 PM
:lol What? YOUR jumpshot?
My form for my jumpshot.......:lol I'm having problems with it FUCK, It was just fine yesterday, now I'm at a loss for strength and it heads towards the right a little. I'm hoping it's cause of the weight lifting.

FromWayDowntown
04-19-2006, 09:48 PM
Maybe Kobe's goal is to win every award in a season to come. He'll ask Phil to bench him for most of the season, only to insert him 30 seconds into every game. When he averages 50 points, he'll be in line to win MVP, Most Improved, and 6th Man of the Year. He'll get his media asskissers to pimp him for DPOY and he'll change his name and claim that he's a rookie, too. Then, based on having made the decision to bench himself, he'll be a candidate for Coach of the Year and, based on having picked himself up as a "rookie," he'll be Executive of the Year, too.

I love LA.

E20
04-19-2006, 10:12 PM
Maybe Kobe's goal is to win every award in a season to come. He'll ask Phil to bench him for most of the season, only to insert him 30 seconds into every game. When he averages 50 points, he'll be in line to win MVP, Most Improved, and 6th Man of the Year. He'll get his media asskissers to pimp him for DPOY and he'll change his name and claim that he's a rookie, too. Then, based on having made the decision to bench himself, he'll be a candidate for Coach of the Year and, based on having picked himself up as a "rookie," he'll be Executive of the Year, too.

I love LA.
That's silly.

T Park
04-19-2006, 10:15 PM
:lmao@ FWD

I honestly don't hate Kobe as much as I used ot.

Too much respect for him, especially after his comments about Bruce Bowen.

ObiwanGinobili
silly but funny.

1Parker1

I love LA.

:wtf He was talking up Tony, not himself.

FromWayDowntown
04-19-2006, 10:37 PM
:wtf He was talking up Tony, not himself.

I know. I was just imagining a scenario a hater might dream up.

I actually appreciate Kobe and have for years.

1Parker1
04-19-2006, 10:40 PM
I know. I was just imagining a scenario a hater might dream up.

I actually appreciate Kobe and have for years.

:lol Oh then your post is funny.

DieMrBond
04-19-2006, 10:42 PM
Look at the alternative, at least its Kobe in LA, and not Shaq... that way we only have to put up with him twice a year and no playoffs! (and in the finals if that ever happens)