PDA

View Full Version : Cueball pulls an Oprah: free plane tix for Mavs fans

CubanMustGo
04-19-2006, 11:02 PM
The poor SOBs who saw Dallas play the Clips tonight got a surprise courtesy of Cubes and American Airlines: free plane tickets on AA anywhere they fly from Love Field.

Of course, that's exactly four places: Austin, San Antonio, St. Louis, and Kansas City. Still, free is free. Each ticketholder got a voucher for one round-trip.

Pretty funny was that one of the local TV guys had tix and elected not to attend such a sucky game. He was not happy.

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/basketball/mavs/stories/042006dnbusfreetkts.1777f7b5.html

ponky
04-20-2006, 01:18 AM
c'mon at least it was a chance to see diop score a three and pavel look awkward with all 7'5" of his bad self...bill walton's comments about pavel were priceless, he talked about him as if he were the coolest thing since sliced bread

Pandaemonaeon
04-20-2006, 02:49 AM
Pavel wasn't that bad. At least he knows how to use his body now and can play more than 10 minutes without looking like Yao. He's got a looong way to go but I like what I've seen.

ChumpDumper
04-20-2006, 03:48 AM
Yeah, Pavel isn't half as bad as I thought he was going to be. He gave the Toros fits at times, but that team only had one 7 footer that DJ didn't like to play anyway.