PDA

View Full Version : I don't know about the rest of you...

MannyIsGod
04-19-2006, 11:04 PM
But damn, I'm so ready for the playoffs. This year has been hard to get into as a fan - and I suspect as a player as well - after yet another championship. I know for me I didn't even start paying attention untill January.

But now I keep thinking about the Drafthouse and Goobas GTGs last year. Kori's house last year where we BBQ, yelled, bitched and celebrated. And then there was the death ride on the highway in the back of the Lachino's truck.

Man, I'm so ready to do that shit all over again. And after watching Duncan end his season strong, Finley mesh perfectly and a Barry playing better than he ever has as a Spur, I don't see anybody out there thats going to stop us from getting to the finals. Its so fucking on!

ShoogarBear
04-19-2006, 11:08 PM
One step at a time.

First, I want to start seeing the new round of Larry O'Brien trophy commercials!

Kori Ellis
04-19-2006, 11:09 PM
So what are you saying Manny? That you guys want to use my house when I'm not there again? :)

MannyIsGod
04-19-2006, 11:16 PM
Shit, I'm saying that I want to do a lot of things. I want to get tired of whatever show TNT decides to promo this season, I want to make fun of people who listen to to much sports radio and think I should know them because of that, I want to yell obscene things at the TV when I've had one too many cheap beers, I want to go nuts when Robert Horry wins yet another game on his own but most of all I want to see another trophy in SA.

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-19-2006, 11:17 PM
"This Is How A Heart Breaks"

Don't you wanna go for a ride
Just keep your hands inside
And make the most out of life
Now don't you take it for granted

Life is like a mean machine
It made a mess outta me
It left me caught between
Like an angry dream I was stranded

And I'm steady but I'm starting to shake
And I don't know how much more I can take

This is it now
Everybody get down
This is all I can take
This is how a heart breaks
You take a hit now you feel it break down
Make you stay wide awake

Down to the other side
Feels so good you could cry
Now won't you do what I told you
I remember when you used to be shy
Yeah, once we were so fine
You and I why you gotta make it so hard on me

And I'm sorry but it's not a mistake
And I'm running but you're getting away

You're not the best thing that I knew
Never was never cared too much
For all this hanging around
It's just the same thing all the time
Never get what I want
Never get too close to the end of the line
You're just the same thing that I knew back before the time
When I was only for you

SenorSpur
04-19-2006, 11:18 PM
This is the type of rhythm I believe most of us expected to see for longer stretches during the course of the entire season.

MannyIsGod
04-19-2006, 11:18 PM
"This Is How A Heart Breaks"

Just keep your hands inside
And make the most out of life
Now don't you take it for granted

Life is like a mean machine
It made a mess outta me
It left me caught between
Like an angry dream I was stranded

And I'm steady but I'm starting to shake
And I don't know how much more I can take

This is it now
Everybody get down
This is all I can take
You take a hit now you feel it break down
Make you stay wide awake

Down to the other side
Feels so good you could cry
Now won't you do what I told you
I remember when you used to be shy
Yeah, once we were so fine
You and I why you gotta make it so hard on me

And I'm sorry but it's not a mistake
And I'm running but you're getting away

You're not the best thing that I knew
Never was never cared too much
For all this hanging around
It's just the same thing all the time
Never get what I want
Never get too close to the end of the line
You're just the same thing that I knew back before the time
When I was only for youOh shit... :lmao !!!!!!

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-19-2006, 11:22 PM
Oh shit... :lmao !!!!!!

Anything to help bring the playoffs to life.

Whenever I can get down for a GTG, I'm here.

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-19-2006, 11:24 PM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000AQ6A9E.01._PE30_.Into-the-West._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

E20
04-19-2006, 11:30 PM
I hate that song.

MannyIsGod
04-19-2006, 11:32 PM
I hate that song.We all hate that song, and we all hate the damn Black Eyed Peas song they played the year before, and we all hate Into the West, but its part of the damn playoffs.

Melmart1
04-19-2006, 11:40 PM
When was it that they did the promos for "The Closer"? Wasn't that the playoffs, too?

mattyc
04-19-2006, 11:40 PM
I've been struggling htis year due to more university commitments, so I'm damn glad the playoffs are here already.

E20
04-19-2006, 11:41 PM
We all hate that song, and we all hate the damn Black Eyed Peas song they played the year before, and we all hate Into the West, but its part of the damn playoffs.
I actually liked that song. Let's get it started. Fa Sho Blud, repersent ya shit C-TOWN BOI 4 lyfe.

MannyIsGod
04-19-2006, 11:45 PM
I loved the BEPs but godamn I hate that song after listening to it throughout the playoffs.

Darrin
04-20-2006, 12:06 AM
We all hate that song, and we all hate the damn Black Eyed Peas song they played the year before, and we all hate Into the West, but its part of the damn playoffs.

24 seconds to live, and 200% is what I'm gonna give...

sanman53
04-20-2006, 07:10 AM
Im failing a class here in grad school because of the last few weeks of the season. Theres no hope of bringin that grade up since the poffs are beginning Saturday. Im freaking pumped too! GO FREAKING SPURS GO!

UtownSpur
04-20-2006, 07:14 AM
I wish i was in SA to get to some GTG's maybe sometime during a weekend game I will finally be able to make one.

exstatic
04-20-2006, 07:32 AM
Yeah, I've hated this regular season, win mark aside. Bring on the playoffs!

alamo50
04-20-2006, 09:10 AM
This is the 1st season since '01-'02 that I won't be in San Antonio for any games. I can't wait for the playoffs to start, but am very dissapointed I won't be right in the middle of things over there instead of over here all alone in the middle of the freakin' night by myself in front of the tv (if I am lucky the bastards will boradcast a Spurs game) in the dark.....BUT YOU BET I AM ROOTING HARD!

It's gonna be the most difficult playoffs since 2003, but we must believe!

GO SPURS GO!!!

Spurminator
04-20-2006, 09:47 AM
http://alt.tnt.tv/tntoriginals/closer/images/poster.jpg

pache100
04-20-2006, 09:49 AM
One step at a time.

First, I want to start seeing the new round of Larry O'Brien trophy commercials!

Me, too!!! Where are they????

RobinsontoDuncan
04-20-2006, 10:07 AM
Yeah I agree, between work and some family crisis this year I was really thrilled about the Spurs season--get my mind off things--but I can honestly say that this has been the worst season to watch for me since--I cant even remember. Ironic that they would do so well this year, but I chalk that up to extreme mediocrity below the big 6 teams in the league.