PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker cant hang with teh big boys

KB8
04-20-2006, 12:26 AM
tony parker will get dominated int he series to the kings. bibby will tear him to shreads with his left adn right lateral jumper that is unstopable from a lathargic and soft defender:tony parker. he is oen of the main factors that will hold this team back

the stats dont lie- bibby's numbers arent even on the same plateau as those of parker and parker is having teh best season of his career

pack up the bags now- ur hopes are demolished

Buddy Holly
04-20-2006, 12:27 AM
i undestend waht yo sayin but mybe next tyme yoiu no be so stopid wehn syin it.

Sec24Row7
04-20-2006, 12:28 AM
Ahh the playoffs...

I love the smell of flaming trolls in the morning.

timvp
04-20-2006, 12:28 AM
Good point.

Tony Parker needs to sac up versus Mike Bibby. Bibby has owned him this season.

Kori Ellis
04-20-2006, 12:29 AM
the stats dont lie- bibby's numbers arent even on the same plateau as those of parker and parker is having teh best season of his career

So you are saying Bibby isn't as good as Parker?

:wtf

NASpurs
04-20-2006, 12:29 AM
tony parker will get dominated int he series to the kings. bibby will tear him to shreads with his left adn right lateral jumper that is unstopable from a lathargic and soft defender:tony parker. he is oen of the main factors that will hold this team back

Why would a Laker fan be rooting for the Kings? Although I doubt you're a Laker fan for real.

RON ARTEST
04-20-2006, 12:35 AM
Why would a Laker fan be rooting for the Kings? Although I doubt you're a Laker fan for real.
why not? im rooting for the lakers in the first round.

SequSpur
04-20-2006, 12:38 AM
Tony Parker is listed in the 2nd tier of MVP candidates.

Eat shit.

Pack your tackle boxes.

Trainwreck2100
04-20-2006, 12:38 AM
From another thread
Bibby avgs. 3 more points on 3 more shots per game
Per 48 minutes Tony avg.s 1 more point then Bibby on one more shot

TP avg.s .5 more assists, so I don't see his logic

I just don't get the #s argument

NASpurs
04-20-2006, 12:39 AM
why not? im rooting for the lakers in the first round.

I see, closet Laker fan.

Kori Ellis
04-20-2006, 12:40 AM
From another thread

Because Bibby has dominated Tony this season in head to head matchups. In the 3 games, Bibby has averaged over 28 points. Tony has averaged 21, I believe.

So, this poster has a point -- he's just not coherent.

E20
04-20-2006, 12:41 AM
From another thread

I think he's talking when Bibby and Parker play against each other, Bibby seems to excel.

Pistons < Spurs
04-20-2006, 12:42 AM
Pack your tackle boxes.
:lmao :lmao

atxrocker
04-20-2006, 12:45 AM
Mike can catch fire at any time, and is clutch as hell. im not saying Parker will be owned, but I am saying Bibby will play a key role in this series for sure. go sac!

Kori Ellis
04-20-2006, 12:45 AM
Actually the head to head isn't that heavy in Bibby's favor as it first looks.
In 3 games this season Spurs vs Kings:

Parker
21.3 ppg
6.3 apg
33.3 mpg
57.8% FG

Bibby
28.3 ppg
5.3 apg
40.7 mpg
45.3% FG

Melmart1
04-20-2006, 12:47 AM
Wow, the fg% disparity is way bigger than I would have thought...

Kori Ellis
04-20-2006, 12:47 AM
Wow, the fg% disparity is way bigger than I would have thought...

Yeah I had to double check that.

jcrod
04-20-2006, 12:56 AM
Actually the head to head isn't that heavy in Bibby's favor as it first looks.
In 3 games this season Spurs vs Kings:

Parker
21.3 ppg
6.3 apg
33.3 mpg
57.8% FG

Bibby
28.3 ppg
5.3 apg
40.7 mpg
45.3% FG

With these numbers, I wouldn't say Bibby has dominated him. Spurs own a 2-1 lead, Bibby avg more than 7 min and probably more shots per game.

And people always said Bibby is a better passer than TP, well the numbers don't back that up this season. Especially since the Spurs offense will always limit the assits TP will have.

timvp
04-20-2006, 12:57 AM
One odd thing stat-wise about looking at matchups between the two teams this year is that the Spurs played in Sacramento only once this season. That kinda makes things look better than it really is. For example, Bibby's best game and Parker's worst game was the one in Sacramento.

I'm sure Spurs coaches are circling the Parker/Bibby matchup as the matchup of the series. It gives Parker a chance right off the bat to prove this Tony Parker is here to stay.

Melmart1
04-20-2006, 12:58 AM
The stats would also imply that Parker guards him better than most think. I know his D is not as good as last year, but I also don't think it's fallen off as much as is popularly percieved.

RON ARTEST
04-20-2006, 12:59 AM
With these numbers, I wouldn't say Bibby has dominated him. Spurs own a 2-1 lead, Bibby avg more than 7 min and probably more shots per game.

And people always said Bibby is a better passer than TP, well the numbers don't back that up this season. Especially since the Spurs offense will always limit the assits TP will have.same thing about the kings sytem. our sytem is run through the big men.

E20
04-20-2006, 01:00 AM
Is Melmart a girl?

Melmart1
04-20-2006, 01:01 AM
Is Melmart a girl?

No, those are my boyfriend's titties in my avatar.

timvp
04-20-2006, 01:01 AM
The stats would also imply that Parker guards him better than most think. I know his D is not as good as last year, but I also don't think it's fallen off as much as is popularly percieved.

I can't give Parker any props on defense this year against Bibby. He let him average 7 more points than his season average, shoot better from the field and average the same amount of assists.

If Parker guards him the same in this series, the Spurs could be in trouble.

E20
04-20-2006, 01:02 AM
Damn, you have a boyfriend.

Melmart1
04-20-2006, 01:03 AM
I am not giving him props- but also, if Bibby plays more minutes than Parker, then Tony is not the only one guarding him. I am sure most of his points are given up while Parker is in the game, but I still think that Tony's D is not as bad as some would imply, overall. I also think he is going to bring it in the playoffs. He has finally turned the corner. It's gonna be a joy to watch.

RON ARTEST
04-20-2006, 01:05 AM
I am not giving him props- but also, if Bibby plays more minutes than Parker, then Tony is not the only one guarding him. I am sure most of his points are given up while Parker is in the game, but I still think that Tony's D is not as bad as some would imply, overall. I also think he is going to bring it in the playoffs. He has finally turned the corner. It's gonna be a joy to watch.
do you think bowen will guard him that much?

Melmart1
04-20-2006, 01:08 AM
Artest scores 18pts a game and is too big for Parker to guard. I can't see Pop switching Parker and Bowen for that reason. In big possessions, maybe. But overall, no. It will be Parker vs. Bibby.

Kori Ellis
04-20-2006, 01:09 AM
do you think bowen will guard him that much?

No, Bowen will have to stick with Artest (and Bonzi some).

Pistons < Spurs
04-20-2006, 01:09 AM
I think having a healthier Duncan is going to allow for an elevation in Parkers D. If Timmy plays like he has of late, everyones individual defense will be much improved over what we saw during most of the regular season.

RON ARTEST
04-20-2006, 01:10 AM
No, Bowen will have to stick with Artest (and Bonzi some).
thats gonna be fun seeing the two best perimeter defender going at it dont you think?

timvp
Yeah, there's no way that Bowen can switch off onto Bibby with Wells and Artest also on the floor. The Kings would kill Parker in the post.

It could only be when someone like Kevin Martin is on the court.

Kori Ellis
I think having a healthier Duncan is going to allow for an elevation in Parkers D. If Timmy plays like he has of late, everyones individual defense will be much improved over what we saw during most of the regular season.

Yeah Timmy being healthy will help Parker's D in two ways. One being what you just mentioned. And secondly if Parker doesn't have to carry such an offensive load, he can work harder on D.

timvp
04-20-2006, 01:12 AM
thats gonna be fun seeing the two best perimeter defender going at it dont you think?

I'm a little worried about Bowen versus Artest. Historically, Bowen hasn't guarded him much. Back in '04, it was Turkoglu who would guard him when the Spurs played the Pacers.

If Bowen struggles against any type of player, it's the strong ones like Artest and LeBron.

RON ARTEST
04-20-2006, 01:20 AM
I'm a little worried about Bowen versus Artest. Historically, Bowen hasn't guarded him much. Back in '04, it was Turkoglu who would guard him when the Spurs played the Pacers.

If Bowen struggles against any type of player, it's the strong ones like Artest and LeBron.hopefully artest can slow down manu. if he isnt healthy then that should work to our advantage.

Melmart1
04-20-2006, 01:21 AM
I would think Bonzi would be guarding Manu more than anyone.

atxrocker
04-20-2006, 01:28 AM
One odd thing stat-wise about looking at matchups between the two teams this year is that the Spurs played in Sacramento only once this season. That kinda makes things look better than it really is. For example, Bibby's best game and Parker's worst game was the one in Sacramento.

I'm sure Spurs coaches are circling the Parker/Bibby matchup as the matchup of the series. It gives Parker a chance right off the bat to prove this Tony Parker is here to stay.

I agree that the Bibby/Parker matchup is key to both teams game plan. I think this will be a very good series, we wont go out without a fight.

Kori Ellis
04-20-2006, 01:29 AM
I would think Bonzi would be guarding Manu more than anyone.

No, I think Artest guards Manu. Manu guards Bonzi.

atxrocker
04-20-2006, 01:29 AM
hopefully artest can slow down manu. if he isnt healthy then that should work to our advantage.

I agree, both Manu and Timmy not being 100% healthy could very well play into our hands!

T Park
04-20-2006, 01:30 AM
Whos gonna guard Duncan?

Shareef Abdur Rahim?

T Park
04-20-2006, 01:32 AM
Parker and Duncan are gonna have to hard core step up in this round IMO.

If Ginobili though can be agressive and get Artest in foul trouble, then that could work.

Lots of pick and rolls involving Ginobili and another big.

I don't envy Pop and others tongiht, they are going at the Kings tape hardcore I assume.

timvp
04-20-2006, 01:34 AM
Whos gonna guard Duncan?

Exactly.

:smokin

Melmart1
04-20-2006, 01:35 AM
No, I think Artest guards Manu. Manu guards Bonzi.

Damn, I hate not being able to watch all the games. Bring on the playoffs!

atxrocker
04-20-2006, 01:36 AM
Whos gonna guard Duncan?

Shareef Abdur Rahim?

SAR could very well turn out being a key player in this series, but definetely not in that role. I think Parker and Van Exel may be the difference makers in this series. I hope Bruce dont play too dirty.. no kicks type play involved would be nice.

T Park
04-20-2006, 01:42 AM
I hope Bruce dont play too dirty.. no kicks type play involved would be nice

If I go to a game, that fuckin Artest better not come into the stands.

Im gonna pull an old school carny whoopass on that crazy medicated fuckface.

Exactly.

Well as you look at the matchups thats one of the three that stand out

Duncan vs whoever

Parker vs Bibby huge, but Parker can hang, and proved he can

Artest vs Ginobili Artest will slow him down, BUT, Ginobili is a team guy, so hopefully his passing skills get guys like Finley, Barry, Duncan and others easy shots.

The one glaring thing I see is Duncan vs guys like

Thomas
Raheem
Brad Miller.

The Kings severly lack a lowpost defensive presence, and any team that the Spurs have faced in the past that have, have been obliterated.

Case in point,

Phoenix Suns last year.

Now if you get some low post D guys like a Nick Collison, like a Marcus Camby, like a Rasheed Wallace, then were talking.

Brad Miller is not a great defender, but decent, only problem is his foot work and he can get behind and foul.

If Duncan gets Miller early on, I hope he GOES AT HIM HARD, and gets him in foul trouble.

You get him out, then you can bring in an Robert Horry, or go small and play Bowen at the 4, Finley Ginobili at the 3 and 2.

Duncan has got to take advantage of the matchups coming at him.

Raheem has been horrible in the past and doubtfull he will be much better.

One other thing, if the Kings want to double, say using Artest?

Leaves Ginobili open.

Use Bonzi?? Leaves Finley, Barry, Bowen open.

Use Bibby? Parker gets free for a cakewalk to the basket.

The keys to this series IMHIO are Duncan's agressiveness, and Ginobili's gameplan vs One flew over the cukoo's nest.

T Park
04-20-2006, 01:43 AM
SAR could very well turn out being a key player in this series, but definetely not in that role.

If the Kings turn to Abdur Raheem for help? They are in trouble.

Hes a role playing big who likes to shoot the outside shot.

Playing him more than Thomas or Miller, just plays into the Spurs hands in using Bowen at the 4, or Robert Horry.

RON ARTEST
04-20-2006, 02:05 AM
Whos gonna guard Duncan?

Shareef Abdur Rahim?hes actually done a good job on duncan this year. him and kenny thomas are very very good defenders.

ChumpDumper
04-20-2006, 02:21 AM
Bitches need to lean how to spell in their thread titles.

T Park
04-20-2006, 02:24 AM
hes actually done a good job on duncan this year. him and kenny thomas are very very good defenders.

pffffffftttttttttttt

bwa hahahahahahahahaah

:lmao

slayermin
04-20-2006, 03:21 AM
Manu will torch Bonzi Wells. That is a great matchup for the Spurs. Eventually Artest will have to guard Manu. I would rather use Finley on Artest as much as possible. Manu and Bruce should guard Artest for short stretches.

TDMVPDPOY
04-20-2006, 03:27 AM
i dont think the kings trolls will be here by the end of next week, 4-0 spurs win, next

Obstructed_View
04-20-2006, 03:48 AM
Because Bibby has dominated Tony this season in head to head matchups. In the 3 games, Bibby has averaged over 28 points. Tony has averaged 21, I believe.

So, this poster has a point -- he's just not coherent.
Bibby played 45 minutes in the last game against the Spurs, shot 9 of 21 and scored 31. Parker and Van Exel together played 42 minutes, shot 9 of 20 and scored 25. If Mike Bibby gets more rebounds than Tim Duncan like he did in that game then the Spurs are in trouble regardless of what the point guards do.

ShoogarBear
04-20-2006, 06:09 AM
Stephon Marbury 2003 Forum.

TDMVPDPOY
04-20-2006, 06:45 AM
tim > kings

Rummpd
04-20-2006, 07:33 AM
Worry about the Suns please, unlike the LAL the Spurs have not needed either a miracle by Horry (when he was a Laker) or sublime officiating to get by the Kings.

No worries.

Gin N Juice
04-20-2006, 07:44 AM

Queen of the one liners. :lol

ducks
04-20-2006, 08:38 AM
did not parker hang with nash last year against the suns in which alot of people thought nash would easily win that head to head battle

eljefe1
04-20-2006, 12:11 PM

tony has what bibby doesn't. a stronger more well defined supporting cast. this series won't be a matchup of point guards but of team. but to bring in a bit of past comparisons and results. kidd vs. parker=parker, nash vs. parker=parker, billups vs. parker=parker. see the picture. spurs win 63 games with a healthy parker and injured duncan, and ginobili. 63 games to 44.

eljefe1
04-20-2006, 12:14 PM

eljefe1
04-20-2006, 12:15 PM
tony has what bibby doesn't. a stronger more well defined supporting cast. this series won't be a matchup of point guards but of team. but to bring in a bit of past comparisons and results. kidd vs. parker=parker, nash vs. parker=parker, billups vs. parker=parker. see the picture. spurs win 63 games with a healthy parker and injured duncan, and ginobili. 63 games to 44.

eljefe1
04-20-2006, 12:39 PM
Tony is largely responsible for the 60+ wins this season. Bibby 40+. its all about the wins. but the biggest stat of all tony has a 3-0 advantage in ring collection.

101A
04-20-2006, 01:06 PM
Tony is largely responsible for the 60+ wins this season. Bibby 40+. its all about the wins. but the biggest stat of all tony has a 3-0 advantage in ring collection.

ahem; wink, wink; .....

Melmart1
04-20-2006, 02:15 PM
Damn, you have a boyfriend.

No. But I am also out of town. Sorry.

ShoogarBear
04-20-2006, 02:20 PM
Bitches need to lean how to spell in their thread titles.

Dude, you gotta get wit the updated netlingo:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teh