PDA

View Full Version : Many of you need to come back to reality

nkdlunch
04-20-2006, 02:16 PM
A lot of shittalking threads going around and we haven't even won 1 playoff game. "Spurs in 4", "Kings are gonna get anihilated", etc, etc. This forum is one big lovefest and it's gotten so bad to the point that Tpark hasn't insulted a fellow poster in weeks, so bad that even Walton has come back with his tail between his legs. Come back to reality kids and realize that this road to the championship will be tougher than last year. They will try to punish us, beat us and injure us. Manu will be hurt again, Tim is gonna have off nights and Parker won't find a path to the basket. Let's face it, the formula to beating the Spurs has become simpler, due to injuries mainly. And I'm just talking about round 1 and 2. No need to even mention the Pistons yet.

So for all you who are gonna come back crying like little bitches after spurs lose 1 or 2 games in the 1st round I tell you again, it's not gonna be so easy so don't expect it to be. The point of this thread is also to let trolls from other teams know that there are old dogs in this forum too that know better than to talk shit to an 8th seed team. :rolleyes

So I'll be the first one in here to say good luck to the Kings and hope this series makes our teams better.
can't wait for saturday. GO SPURS!

Melmart1
04-20-2006, 02:20 PM
Some of you need to stop raining on people's parades. Posters bitch when fellow posters start getting out the razors or lining up pills, now we are bitching when people start to have hope. Good gawd!

CubanMustGo
04-20-2006, 02:22 PM
And now we have people bitching about people bitching about people having hope.

MY GOD, WHERE WILL IT END?

AND WHO WILL THINK ABOUT THE CHILDREN ???? :lol

nkdlunch
04-20-2006, 02:22 PM
Some of you need to stop raining on people's parades.

parade? what have we won this year?

Posters bitch when fellow posters start getting out the razors or lining up pills, now we are bitching when people start to have hope. Good gawd!

and then posters bitch about the bitching and so on. so what?

ShoogarBear
04-20-2006, 02:23 PM
The road is long, with many a winding turn.

nkdlunch
04-20-2006, 02:23 PM
The road is long, with many a winding turn.

thank you! that was my point

ducks
04-20-2006, 02:24 PM
bitch forum :wrongf :wrongf :wrongf

101A
04-20-2006, 02:27 PM
what have we won this year?

Everything we could have to this point.

ie. Southwest Division.

...and counting.

LilMissSPURfect
04-20-2006, 02:27 PM
This is playoff time! Time to chant Time to yell Time to Cry Time to Believe and Time for fajitas at Market Square!!!!!!

GO SPURS!

cheguevara
04-20-2006, 02:28 PM
Everything we could have to this point.

ie. Southwest Division.

...and counting.

:lol that ain't shit. I'll give up 1 million of those for 1 championship.

cheguevara
04-20-2006, 02:29 PM
I hope God punishes the flip flopping cry babies that this playoffs will bring unto us.

Jimcs50
04-20-2006, 02:31 PM
Some of you need to stop raining on people's parades. Posters bitch when fellow posters start getting out the razors or lining up pills, now we are bitching when people start to have hope. Good gawd!

Hear hear.

Let us enjoy the coming of the playoffs for the next 3 days. If I want to say that we are going to kick the Kings' asses, then damnit, I should be able to do so, w/o any grief from my fellow Spurs' fans.

I mean, who does not get pumped up at this time of year?(Minn fans not withstanding)

We Spurs fans look at this time of year as a right of passage for our team to go deep and make us giddy and hopeful of another championship celebration. The Spurs have been in the playoffs more times than any team the last 29 yrs, except the Lakers, so we are accustomed to basketball during Fiesta, which further adds to the glee and overall feeling of omnipotence.

Go Spurs Go!!!

Kick ass!!!

JamStone
04-20-2006, 02:38 PM
:baby

101A
04-20-2006, 02:40 PM
:lol that ain't shit. I'll give up 1 million of those for 1 championship.

I agree it ain't shit; but he asked - point is, nobody has won anything yet - so I don't get his point as to why we shouldn't talk smack.

Frankly, this season has gone EXACTLY as I thought it would; and the Spurs are exactly where I thought they would be.

And since the Spurs signed Finley I have said over and over that Pop wouldn't show this teams true potential until the playoffs; and then the Spurs would simply smoke the West; and handle the Pistons when it's time to.

It's not smack - it's been my prediction forever:

Spurs in 4.

SpursWoman
04-20-2006, 02:41 PM
I'm not going to apologize for being excited about my team. It's the playoffs, for crissakes. If I say Spurs in 4 ... if they do it, badass ... if they don't, not so badass. BFD. I'd rather see a million "Spurs are going to kick everyone's ass in 4" threads than even 1 "Gee, The Glass is Half Empty ... I'm not Going to Commit to a Stance so I Don't Look like a Fool if they lose...and God Forbid anyone call me a HOMER!!" threads.

Like being a fan of your team and loud about it is supposed to be an insult or something.

So, bite me. :)

ducks
04-20-2006, 02:42 PM
yes mam I will bit you

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-20-2006, 02:44 PM
Let's not lose sight of what's important here-

BOOBIES!!

nkdlunch
04-20-2006, 02:47 PM
I'm not going to apologize for being excited about my team. It's the playoffs, for crissakes. If I say Spurs in 4 ... if they do it, badass ... if they don't, not so badass. BFD. I'd rather see a million "Spurs are going to kick everyone's ass in 4" threads than even 1 "Gee, The Glass is Half Empty ... I'm not Going to Commit to a Stance so I Don't Look like a Fool if they lose...and God Forbid anyone call me a HOMER!!" threads.

Like being a fan of your team and loud about it is supposed to be an insult or something.

So, bite me. :)

The ppl this thread is aimed at is the ppl who post threads such as "It's over we're done" "this team sucks" "I hate this team" etc after the first round playoff loss. Carry on!

Kori Ellis
04-20-2006, 02:48 PM
WTF is this thread.

When people say "Spurs in 4" or whatever. It's just for fun, for trash talk, whatever.

If you don't like it and want to go start another thread about what a difficult series it will be, go ahead. But don't get on your high horse and tell people what to think and how high of hopes they should have.

Lame.

nkdlunch
04-20-2006, 02:49 PM
WTF is this thread.

When people say "Spurs in 4" or whatever. It's just for fun, for trash talk, whatever.

If you don't like it and want to go start another thread about what a difficult series it will be, go ahead. But don't get on your high horse and tell people what to think and how high of hopes they should have.

Lame.

The ppl this thread is aimed at is the ppl who post threads such as "It's over we're done" "this team sucks" "I hate this team" etc after the first round playoff loss. Carry on!

I ain't trying to control people's optimism!! :lol

ShoogarBear
04-20-2006, 02:50 PM
Some threads are supposed to be about Believe.

Some threads are supposed to be about smack talk.

And some threads are supposed to be intelligent, realistic analysis and discussion.

You can have fun participating in one, two, or all three types. The key thing to remember is:

http://www.demsey.org/blog/content/binary/stream.JPG
Don't cross the streams!

dougp
04-20-2006, 02:51 PM
What have we won?

HCA in the West - 2nd best overall record in the NBA, only 1 game behind a team that was slated to go over 70 - best franchise record in our history - tony parker having a break-out season

There maybe homers here, but you're being a douche. Let people have spirit, because at one point we may not be able to be like this.

Kori Ellis
04-20-2006, 02:51 PM

Well if you aren't, then you have a horrible way of expressing yourself, because your first post in this thread is calling out people for being optimistic.

Either way. This thread is lame.

nkdlunch
04-20-2006, 02:52 PM
Well if you aren't, then you have a horrible way of expressing yourself, because your first post in this thread is calling out people for being optimistic.

Either way. This thread is lame.

:lol thanks!

SpursWoman
04-20-2006, 02:52 PM

Yes, you are.

A lot of shittalking threads going around and we haven't even won 1 playoff game. "Spurs in 4", "Kings are gonna get anihilated", etc, etc. This forum is one big lovefest and it's gotten so bad to the point that Tpark hasn't insulted a fellow poster in weeks, so bad that even Walton has come back with his tail between his legs. Come back to reality kids and realize that this road to the championship will be tougher than last year. They will try to punish us, beat us and injure us. Manu will be hurt again, Tim is gonna have off nights and Parker won't find a path to the basket. Let's face it, the formula to beating the Spurs has become simpler, due to injuries mainly. And I'm just talking about round 1 and 2. No need to even mention the Pistons yet.

kris
04-20-2006, 03:09 PM
I would like to formally apologize to almuerzo for my optimism.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
04-20-2006, 03:19 PM
The Long and Winding Road (Lennon/McCartney)

The long and winding road
That leads to your door
Will never disappear
I've seen that road before
It always leads me here
leads me to your door

The wild and windy night
The rain washed away
Has left a pool of tears
Crying for the day
Why leave me standing here
Let me know the way

Many times I've been alone
And many times I've cried
Anyway you'll never know
The many ways I've tried
But still they lead me back
To the long and winding road
You left me standing here
A long, long time ago
Don't leave me waiting here
Lead me to you door

T Park
04-20-2006, 03:19 PM
Don't cross the streams!

isn't crossing the streams, what saved the world though???

Confusing...

leemajors
04-20-2006, 03:23 PM
isn't crossing the streams, what saved the world though???

Confusing...

it was the only option at that point!

T Park
04-20-2006, 03:28 PM
"Egon, I thought crossing the streams was bad"

"Scientifically, yes, its bad, but it could work..."

BTW, back on topic.

I love posters on this website telling other posters how to feel and how they should be pessimistic aholes like the other half here are.

Maybe some people have just settled for enjoying the games, if they win , great, if they dont, who cares?

ITS A FREAKIN GAME.

Don't everyone take it so damn seriously.

ShoogarBear
04-20-2006, 03:35 PM
The Long and Winding Road (Lennon/McCartney)

Wrong song, sorta. The specific lyrics are from "He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother".

The road is long, with many a winding turn
That leads us to who knows where, who knows where
But I'm strong, strong enough to carry him
He ain't heavy - he's my brother

So on we go, his welfare is my concern
No burden is he to bare, we'll get there
For I know he would not encumber me

If I'm laden at all, I'm laden with sadness
That everyone's heart isn't filled with gladness of love for one another
It's a long long road from which there is no return
While we're on our way to there, why not share
And the load, it doesn't weigh me down at all
He ain't heavy - he's my brother, he's my brother, he's my brother

Neither one of them in their entirety really is what you'd call a good NBA playoff song. :lol

ShoogarBear
04-20-2006, 03:37 PM
Dr. Egon Spengler: There's something very important I forgot to tell you.
Dr. Peter Venkman: What?
Dr. Egon Spengler: Don't cross the streams.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Why?
Dr. Egon Spengler: It would be bad.
Dr. Peter Venkman: I'm fuzzy on the whole good/bad thing. What do you mean, "bad?"
Dr. Egon Spengler: Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
Dr Ray Stantz: Total protonic reversal.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Right. That's bad. Okay. All right. Important safety tip. Thanks, Egon.

:lmao

T Park
04-20-2006, 03:39 PM
Dr. Peter Venkman: Right. That's bad. Okay. All right. Important safety tip. Thanks, Egon

:lmao

Ghostbusters, Im tellin ya, top 5 best movies of all time.

If I remember right, that whole give and take was in the hotel on their first job,

"What are you guys?"

"exterminators"

"Big cockroaches, sizes of cats"

:lol

ShoogarBear
04-20-2006, 03:45 PM
The IMDB Rules.

Man at Elevator: What are you supposed to be, some kind of a cosmonaut?
Dr. Peter Venkman: No, we're exterminators. Someone saw a cockroach up on twelve.
Man at Elevator: That's gotta be some cockroach.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Bite your head off, man.
Dr Ray Stantz: [Entering elevator] Going up?
Man at Elevator: I'll take the next one.

Supposedly Murray ad-libbed half his dialogue.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
04-20-2006, 03:46 PM
Neither one of them in their entirety really is what you'd call a good NBA playoff song. :lol

Lol, that's true...what about...

Why Don't We Do It On The Road (Lennon/McCartney)

Why don't we do it in the road
No one will be watching us

We have two major issues in there. The Spurs being a small market and "boring" team. Also we are the best road team in the league! :lol

Tek_XX
04-20-2006, 03:49 PM
I like how page 1 and page 2 are totally different discussions

ShoogarBear
04-20-2006, 03:51 PM
This thread is lame.

Fixed by LameThread Busters!

pache100
04-20-2006, 03:57 PM
Come back to reality kids and realize that this road to the championship will be tougher than last year...GO SPURS!

Maybe you missed the threads, but there are many of us who have said repeatedly this week that it is a long long way to the Larry O'Brien. There are no guarantees. It's not gonna be easy. And all the other stuff.

And, yes, as a matter of fact...Go! Spurs! Go!