PDA

View Full Version : When do they name the 13 man roster?

samauto
04-20-2006, 08:06 PM
Hi Guys,

First time poster here. Long time lurker. Thought I'd better register!

Does anybody know when they name the Playoffs roster? I just want to find out if my fellow Kiwi Sean makes the cut.

Cheers, Pete.

spurschick
04-20-2006, 08:09 PM
I would say the odds are pretty good that Kiwi will make the cut.

FreshPrince22
04-20-2006, 08:10 PM
http://www.nba.com/playoff_rosters_060420.html

He's there.

samauto
04-20-2006, 08:17 PM
Hey, Thanks for the comments Chick and Fresh. Was a wee bit worried when they kept him on the IL over Sanders. I guess that was because of being short of a guard..... I just hope he gets the chance to be actually sitting on the bench. I've seen him make those sort of 3 point plays he made last night for the kiwis team.

Cheers, Pete.

T Park
04-20-2006, 08:21 PM
IMO, Marks will get time.

Hell, he might get time VS Sacto.

Hes played well against them in the past.

MI21
04-20-2006, 08:31 PM
I don't see Marks getting on the floor unless there is a blowout. I would prefer him over Oberto in a lot of situations, but I think Oberto will get the call before Marks if there happens to be a need for it sometime during the playoffs.

Leetonidas
04-20-2006, 08:31 PM
Sanders left off. Did this surprise anyone?

timvp
04-20-2006, 08:32 PM
Thank God Melvin Sanders is not on the playoff roster.

MI21
04-20-2006, 08:51 PM
There was just no chance of Sanders seeing the court ahead of Ginobili, Bowen, Finley or Barry. There is 4 legit starting swingmen there, they aren't all going to be off at the same time, they aren't all going to be in foul trouble at the same time and they aren't all going to be injured at the same time. Leaving him off was the right decision.

Marks has a slight, slight, slight chance of seeing the court behind Duncan, Nazr, Rasho, Horry because some of those guys are prone to sucking at the same time and foul trouble is always a problem with the big guys.

I think this was a no brainer.

NZHayden
04-20-2006, 09:03 PM
wahooo!

samauto
04-20-2006, 09:09 PM
Surely if you look at the stats and see what Marks vs Oberto have done, you'd want Marks on the bench everytime!

Pete.

boutons_
04-20-2006, 09:14 PM
Congrats to KiwiLand!!
Way to go, Sean!

milkyway21
04-20-2006, 09:38 PM
i notice Amare Stoudemire's name in Phoenix line-up. Is he now healthy enough to play in the playoffs ?

--------------

Player News
4/05/06

All-Star Suns forward Amare Stoudemire had arthroscopic surgery on his right knee Wednesday :rolleyes and won't play again this season. The operation followed a comeback that lasted just three games. He had missed the first 66 games of the season after surgery on his left knee. In the latest operation, debris caused by wear and tear of the kneecap was removed, the team said. Stoudemire will be on crutches for a week to 10 days and could resume basketball in six to eight weeks. "They just cleaned up some stuff," coach and general manager Mike D'Antoni said. "There's nothing structurally wrong." Stoudemire's Oct. 11 surgery came a week after he signed a five-year contract extension worth more than $70 million. He returned to the lineup March 23, scoring 20 points in 19 minutes against Portland. But his production dropped dramatically in his next two games, and Stoudemire's mobility was a problem. He missed the next four games before deciding on arthroscopic surgery.
Knee - Out for the season
(Updated - 4/5/06)

D'Antoni said he wouldn't second-guess the decision to have Stoudemire return less than six months after surgery. "There was no risk of him re-injuring his knee," D'Antoni said. Stoudemire's next game could be with the U.S. team that plays in the FIBA world championships in Japan this summer. "He'll start rehabbing next week, and I'd imagine his goal is to start getting ready for Team USA," said D'Antoni, an assistant on the U.S. team. If you were still counting on Amare for this season, shame on you. Now, if you are in a keeper league, the decision is significant. The fact that the Suns are shutting him down and trying to fix the problem now indicates they hope and expect him back ready to go for 2006-07.

-----------------------
I'm confused :rolleyes

T Park
04-20-2006, 09:47 PM
no they are just putting him on for the slight, possible chance hed be ready or be able to play.

No hes not playin.

milkyway21
04-20-2006, 09:48 PM
no they are just putting him on for the slight, possible chance hed be ready or be able to play.

No hes not playin.okay, thanks~