PDA

View Full Version : Van Earl Wright to replace Bruno?

KEDA
10-05-2004, 12:24 PM
Is this the final decision by the people at Fox Sports Radio???

If this is the case, Im going back to Lisle and Hahn on KISS.

Van Earl WRONG :cuss is terrible and he was the sole reason I stopped watching FSN for anything.

Please tell me he is a fill-in for someone that is a tad bit better, or at least has all of their teeth.

Taco
10-05-2004, 12:32 PM
I heard maybe "JT the Brick" was to replace Bruno

Spurminator
10-05-2004, 01:06 PM
Why did Bruno leave?

Taco
10-05-2004, 01:13 PM
He was Canned by Andrew Ashwood

bigzak25
10-05-2004, 01:17 PM
i was hoping it was temporary, but that fucking sucks.....that was my morning drive to work show.....hopefully bruno will get another morning gig......

p.s. it's always about the money....

Spurminator
10-05-2004, 01:17 PM
Any specific reason?

I mean, I never really liked him... but I like Van Earl even less...

maxpower
10-05-2004, 01:20 PM
Link?... I have not listened to Bruno in a while...been listening to Dallas Ticket since football season began...but did listen to it some this morning...though was half asleep so only remember hearing ...Andrew Siciliano. apparently this station has van earl as host of the extravaganza http://www.knbr.com/tonyBruno/index.html ..

and here is an excerpt from an article http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2004/09/24/SPGHQ8TTIC1.DTL

Flux is the operative word for the morning drive-time slots on the Bay Area's sports stations these days.

Last week, KNBR (680 AM) jettisoned "The John London Not Just Sports Show. " Then last Friday, Tony Bruno had his final appearance on Fox Sports Radio's morning program, which airs in the Bay Area on KTCT (1050 AM), KNBR's sister station.

In a phone interview Thursday, Bruno, who lives in Southern California, said KNBR had offered him the job to replace London, but Bruno decided he wanted to take some time simply to assess what he wants to do with his career, and couldn't commit to the station.

"It wasn't that I wasn't flattered," Bruno said.

KNBR program director Bob Agnew acknowledged the station had considered hiring Bruno, but that "in (Bruno's) heart and mind, he's a network guy."

In Thursday's interview, Bruno made it clear he didn't consider himself too good for KNBR.

"I don't want people to think I'm trying to 'big-time' KNBR," Bruno said, adding that he always has enjoyed the Bay Area whenever he has visited. Bruno, a Philadelphia native who spent time with ESPN Radio, said he is in a relationship with a woman in Southern California and that's one main reason his "goal is to stay in L.A."

Of course, Bruno does have a presence on KNBR. He joins Gary Radnich every weekday morning between 9:30 and 10. With more free time because he doesn't have the Fox Radio responsibilities, Bruno has appeared for two segments, instead of his typical one, with Radnich this week.

Meanwhile, Bruno's former sidekick, Andrew Siciliano, has hosted the Fox show this week with former Royals pitcher Mark Gubicza. Next week, Fox Sports broadcaster Chris Myers will join Siciliano in the studio. In an e-mail, a Fox Sports Radio spokeswoman said, "In the near future, we will announce the new host with Andrew."

Taco
10-05-2004, 01:54 PM
http://foxsportsradio1290.com/On_Air_Talent/Andrew/andrew_siciliano_newsm.jpg
Andrew Siciliano "I believe I can fly"

KEDA
10-05-2004, 02:03 PM
the only reason I listened to 760 in the AM is beacuse of T B, now that he is gone Im back to local programming like the knuckleheads at KISS and the like :cuss :cuss :cuss

oh well, looks like Ill only listen in the afternoon now :depressed

JoeChalupa
10-05-2004, 03:08 PM
I was wondering if Tony Bruno was gone for good.

It sucks.

King
10-05-2004, 03:45 PM
I think Siciliano carried Bruno, anyway.

ididnotnothat
10-05-2004, 03:46 PM
But without Bruno, where would Andrew be today?

I don't know.

Spurminator
10-05-2004, 04:01 PM
I think you're right, Latifah. He should have his own show (he'll probably have more of a leading role in the new Extravaganza, at least I hope so...)

King
10-05-2004, 04:51 PM
But without Bruno, where would Andrew be today?

I don't know.

True, he gave Siciliano a job, and Siciliano blew right past him.

pooh
10-05-2004, 05:14 PM
I had also heard the rumors of JT the "prick" taking Brunos slot. I wouldn't put it past Ashwood to eventually put his boy in that slot eventually. I doubt Bruno will go to ESPN. Mike and Mike are firmly entrenched over there, so who knows?

PeterBurns
10-05-2004, 05:47 PM
Interesting Banter.

Van Earl Is your New Morning Host.
Haven't heard the new show, too painful

pooh
10-05-2004, 05:50 PM
Mike and Mike in the mornings isn't bad. And even though Ticket-760 stops broadcasting it after just two hours, you can still catch it on ESPNews if you're near a TV.

Also what is Fox Sports Radio doing on their overnight stuff? I miss hearing Bruce Jacobs and Ben Maller, now they have this three hour replay of the "Best Damn Sports Show Period" crap. Who cares?

PeterBurns
10-05-2004, 07:50 PM
Would you rather STSA or A Morning Show.

What if they moved Walter and Vex to Morning Drive?

PeterBurns
10-05-2004, 07:51 PM
In regards to Andrew S. He may be the most well-rounded person I know.
The guy could do anything he wants. He just happened to choose sports.

PeterBurns
10-05-2004, 07:52 PM
He was Canned by Andrew Ashwood

Nope.

pooh
10-05-2004, 11:02 PM
I just can't see Vex and Walter doing a morning show. Actually I've gotten use to listening to their show now in the afternoon. Although if they can figure out a way to 86 Don Harris completely, it would be a blessing. Harris runs the show to the ground when he comes on. Both shows (STSA and Hardcore Sports) grind to a halt once Harris and his brown nosing hits the airwaves.

IceColdBrewski
10-05-2004, 11:59 PM
Everyone from this era will always remember where they were when they heard about the first plane hitting the World Trade Center early on 9-11. I was listening to the extravagana with Tony Bruno. That's the one thing that will always stick out in my mind about this program.

Getting back to sports talk, this really sucks. This was my favorite sports radio show on 760. Regardless of the topic, it was always entertaining. I've had all I can stand of Jim Rome. And rest of the afternoon/evening stuff is all crap. JT the Brick is nothing more than a wannabe Jim Rome.

AlamoSpursFan
10-06-2004, 12:02 AM
I was too, come to think of it. I was headed south on Padre Island Drive just going under the Crosstown overpass in Corpus.

10-06-2004, 03:32 PM
Caught the "new" show this morning and noticed that during the intro, nothing was said in reference to Andrew. Ten bucks says he doesn't survive the year on the show.

Funny thing, I was listening to Bruno on 9/11 as well...

bigzak25
10-06-2004, 03:48 PM
What if they moved Walter and Vex to Morning Drive?

works for me....i like listening to walter, but haven't been able to as of late since i get out of work late, and with them moving the show to an earlier time slot.... :bang :cuss

haven't warmed up to the brothers yet, but there not doing a bad job....

and as for the Brick in the morning....i wouldn't mind it...at least the guy has a pulse, unlike van earl whatever....

KEDA
10-06-2004, 04:23 PM
JT the Prick is just as bad as Van Earl Wrong in my opinion

either way THEY BOTH SUCK!!!

I miss BRUNO

Taco
10-08-2004, 01:30 PM
Andrew S sound like he wants to Kick Van Earl in his Wright nad!!

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-08-2004, 03:09 PM
Man, I remember hearing Bruno talk about an "explosion" at the Trade Centers that day.

I was half-asleep and prepared to go downtown for tryouts on "The Weakest Link" and had the radio specifically on to wake me up.

mouse
10-08-2004, 03:43 PM
When I first called into Tony Bruno back in 1997 they had two sound effects The rim shot and How about them cowboys,

Tony loved my sound bites and as you can see so did the producers,
Only Andrew had a problem. after they stole all my sound bites Andrew did not want me calling the show, And I could tell he was kind of rude to some of callers. In fact his other show he does, I don't think they take calls,

I think Andrew was the cancer, Tony wanted to do so many things and he would tell Tony he was nuts, The other problem I had with the show was they wasted everyone's time having them send in promo tapes to be Andrew for a day when all this Time Andrew Ashwood wanted Stacie to win.

Even Tony said the contest was rigged, I have it on tape somewhere.

I will never forget calling into the show Jim Daniel's that was on from 2-4pm and the call screeener/Producer told me I can't use sound effects, And yet he was the same call screener /producer that asked me to find more of them when I would call the Tony Bruno show,his name was Artie.

I hate to sound like Pooh but.....it's true.
From Jay Howard? To Howard Stern Radio is a Money hungry Back stabbing business and you the listeners are the fools they used to pay there bills with as you tune in like lost sheep. At the end? Only the brown nose ass kissing sell outs will run the air waves and many of you will not care after 3 months from now, or will you?

Boy how times have changed

http://www.boomspeed.com/woaimouse/MVC-020S.JPG

bigzak25
10-08-2004, 04:32 PM
golden rule mouse......those with the gold, make the rules.

Taco
10-08-2004, 05:11 PM
Boy how times have changed

http://www.boomspeed.com/woaimouse/MVC-020S.JPG

:wow :lmao :wow

PeterBurns
10-08-2004, 05:55 PM
You mean, Andrew is the reason why we won?
Crap.

There goes my weekend.

T Park
10-08-2004, 06:46 PM
I see the Gorilla is fucking up Fox Sports now, after officially fucking up 760 and WOAI.

Whoever was the program manager before that fat moron, I wish they would come back.

PeterBurns
10-09-2004, 10:44 AM
Keep in mind, Ashwood wanted to keep Bruno VERY BADLY. VERY BADLY
But, Management above him has the gold and makes the rules.

T Park
10-09-2004, 12:59 PM
just like im sure Ashwood wanted to keep Jay Howard and Andrew Everett on the air.

Since those two have been off the air, the shorts shows and and spurs broadcasts have sucked to the highest degree.

Now that Ashwood is over there, fox sports will begin to suck to the highest degree.

mouse
10-16-2004, 01:46 PM
utsagolfpb has a point maybe the gorilla has people he has to answer to,
I still think it was Bruno's Agent that made this mess. Why else is sports so complicated? Greed?

Look If Howard Stern can Leave AM radio then anything goes......

any updates on this topic?

KEDA
10-17-2004, 12:00 PM
I dont know, but Mike and Mike havent been on for the past week, that might be the last straw for me, and if I can get the Sporting News Radio Network out of New Braunfels, then Im going to listen to that!

Sad that the Tickrah has gone down the pooper as of recent :depressed

T Park
10-17-2004, 01:04 PM
KEDA,

buy an XM radio, and you can listen to Sporting News Radio all day long.

Thats what I did, and XM Radio rocks.

pooh
10-17-2004, 03:57 PM
They rearranged the schedule and put all Fox Sports Radio on down here finally. Mark Patrick is very good. And now we finally get to hear decent overnight programming instead of the crap ESPN stuff with their taped interviews, etc. If you miss Mike and Mike, they're on ESPNews every morning or on your computer.

maxpower
10-18-2004, 09:26 AM
If you are near a pc...theticket.com ...especially if you are a pokes fan.
BTW for being a home brewed station(they play some sporting news radio overnight) they are very critical of the home teams. I would not call them homers one bit. They run the Jerry Jones bits that the local wannabe borrowed. Plus they don't call him "Fake Jerry Jones". I guess they assume their listeners are smart enough to tell the difference. I don't think the local ticket would run these bits. They are racier and funnier.

pooh
10-18-2004, 04:50 PM
Didn't Van Earl Wright use to be on CNN Sports? I'm surprised that no one has tried to lure away Nick Charles away from there. I know that Fred Hickman, Charles' co-host on CNN Sports works for the YES network now.

KEDA
10-18-2004, 06:15 PM
Van Earl has worked for everyone

He has sucked on them all and continues to suck on the morning show.

AlamoSpursFan
10-18-2004, 08:32 PM
Whoever was the program manager before that fat moron, I wish they would come back.

That would be Pat Rodgers and no you do NOT want him to come back. He thought the Flabberous Sports Blob was the shit and could not understand why ANYONE would hate her show.

pooh
10-18-2004, 08:36 PM
Is the Fabulous Sports Babe still alive?

Blood Dong
10-19-2004, 09:58 AM
no she choked on a side of beef

PeterBurns
10-19-2004, 10:10 AM
I believe it was an open faced roast beef sandwich

Blood Dong
10-19-2004, 10:20 AM
or she cut herself, and all her gravy fell out..........what a pig dude!!

Blood Dong
10-19-2004, 10:20 AM
If you are near a pc...theticket.com ...especially if you are a pokes fan.
BTW for being a home brewed station(they play some sporting news radio overnight) they are very critical of the home teams. I would not call them homers one bit. They run the Jerry Jones bits that the local wannabe borrowed. Plus they don't call him "Fake Jerry Jones". I guess they assume their listeners are smart enough to tell the difference. I don't think the local ticket would run these bits. They are racier and funnier.

ahh yes, the greatness of the little ticket