PDA

View Full Version : So are the Spurs legit contenders?

T-Pain
04-21-2006, 04:21 AM
IMO, I think there pretty legit despite Timmy and Manu not fully healed. Tony has shown some tremendous improvement and hopefully it'll pay off in the playoffs. I think we are gonna go to the finals, but I think Dallas and Detroit is gonna give us the most hell. So what do yall think?

T-Pain
04-21-2006, 04:26 AM
o yeah, this was not intended to be a "bitchin about the spurs" thread either

GrandeDavid
04-21-2006, 07:34 AM
I think the Spurs will climb out of the West, but I don't wanna touch that Detroit series. Too far into the future and I really don't have a feeling about it yet.

I think the Kings are getting some much due credit for how they've played since Artest's acquisition, but on the other hand, I think they might be a bit too confident heading into a seven gamer against the defending champ and deepest roster in Spurs history. The Spurs will finish the Kings in max six games. And playing a playoff game at Arco will not rattle the Spurs. I think the Spurs have proven time and again in the playoffs that they can get it done on the road in any venue.

As for Dallas, yeah, that could be a seven game series, but I still think they should get it done in six. Phoenix in five, I guess. We'll see...

Returning to Detroit, assuming both the Spurs and Pistons make it to the Finals, I think you could expect the Spurs to come out swinging, jumping on the opportunitly to redeem those early season losses. I think the Spurs know they weren't clicking, they weren't entirely healthy, and I think that opening a Finals series on the road will have them ready.

All in all, I also think it'll be San Antonio-Detroit in the Finals.

GrandeDavid
04-21-2006, 07:36 AM
Honestly, the team is obvious a contender because of their record and the fact that they are deeper than last season's championship team. But, honestly, I'm more focused on Sacramento to care about the long run.

Jimcs50
04-21-2006, 07:54 AM
duh!

caŽlo
04-21-2006, 09:31 AM
cant believe a spurs fan actually started this thread