PDA

View Full Version : Kings are going to win Game 1 (too much rest for Timmy)

NCaliSpurs
04-21-2006, 10:31 AM
Tim Duncan's season splits don't look good with 3+ days rest.

15.6 pts on 44% shooting.

This is true, but that won't be the reason if the Spurs lose.

Timmiy is going to be psyched for this rematch at the SBC (AT&T) center, and he is going to up his game.

Sidenote:

The Spurs have lost the the first game of the playoffs in their previous two championship seasons. Both games were at the SBC (AT&T) center.

I believe they also lost their second game at home against Minny in the first round in their first title run.

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-21-2006, 10:33 AM
That's a tough trade off to accept. I'll all for another Spurs title, but it's going to be tough to handle all the cliff jumpery that would accompany losing the first game.

caŽlo
04-21-2006, 10:37 AM
we survived it last year with the loss on denver.. im pretty sure we can survive this one also.

some even quit on the spurs when they lost to the sonics.

Sense
04-21-2006, 10:54 AM
Tim Duncan's season splits don't look good with 3+ days rest.

15.6 pts on 44% shooting.

This is true, but that won't be the reason if the Spurs lose.

Timmiy is going to be psyched for this rematch at the SBC (AT&T) center, and he is going to up his game.

Sidenote:

The Spurs have lost the the first game of the playoffs in their previous two championship seasons. Both games were at the SBC (AT&T) center.

I believe they also lost their second game at home against Minny in the first round in their first title run.

Well here's another "spurs fan" doubting Duncan in the playoffs...

To my surprise in CAL?

boutons_
04-21-2006, 11:06 AM
dammit, avoid the aggro and nail-biting and pressure of going out to SAC 1-1 and having to win both @ARCO to avoid going down 2-2.

Take both games @ATT then at worst split @ARCO, finish up with Game5 @ATT.

mookie2001
04-21-2006, 11:09 AM
great prediction
if Kings win, you called it, and you can be the first to start a "the world isnt over" or "where the bandwagoners get off" thread and tell us not to panic
if the spurs win, then theyre playing great and everyone will be happy, besides theyre the #1 seed, at Home!

FromWayDowntown
04-21-2006, 11:12 AM
Well here's another "spurs fan" doubting Duncan in the playoffs...

To my surprise in CAL?

I don't think NCali is "doubting Duncan." I think NCali is saying that the numbers suggest that Tim will struggle in Game 1, because he's struggled all season after extensive rest. But, in the next breath, NCali says that the Spurs will lose, but it won't be because Tim Duncan struggles -- NCali says that Tim will be psyched and will up his game.

Hmmmmm. How exactly does one "doubt Duncan" by suggesting that Tim will up his game for the playoffs?

Reading comprehension anyone?

I don't buy the notion that the Spurs are somehow well-served by losing a home game in Round 1. That sort of loss has been a common denominator in all 3 title runs, but I find that to be coincidence -- the Spurs lost a home game in Round 1 in 2002 to Seattle and it didn't do a damned thing for them in the long run. I think last year, that loss focused the team and made it clear that Pop had to re-balance the roster to compete with Denver, mostly by finding some punch off the bench. In 2003, I thought the Game 1 loss to Phoenix was more fluke than wake-up call, but it had the effect of focusing the Spurs for games 2 and 3.

Sense
04-21-2006, 11:25 AM
I don't think NCali is "doubting Duncan." I think NCali is saying that the numbers suggest that Tim will struggle in Game 1, because he's struggled all season after extensive rest. But, in the next breath, NCali says that the Spurs will lose, but it won't be because Tim Duncan struggles -- NCali says that Tim will be psyched and will up his game.

Hmmmmm. How exactly does one "doubt Duncan" by suggesting that Tim will up his game for the playoffs?

Reading comprehension anyone?

Well, IMO.... If the Spurs lose it definately has something to do with Duncan. When it comes to the playoffs, he's the one taking the team on his shoulders... so suggesting that is kind of stupid, thus doubting Duncan in my mind.

Oh, Gee!!
04-21-2006, 11:30 AM
Jinx

FromWayDowntown
04-21-2006, 11:34 AM
Well, IMO.... If the Spurs lose it definately has something to do with Duncan. When it comes to the playoffs, he's the one taking the team on his shoulders... so suggesting that is kind of stupid, thus doubting Duncan in my mind.

Well, that's an interesting way to read a post that said just the opposite.

I don't know that it's stupid to think that the Spurs might lose one of the first two games. I think it's bizarre that so few seem concerned about the formidable challenge that Sacramento presents. If Artest is on his game, Manu might very well become an offensive non-factor here. Bowen and Ginobili have major challenges in trying to defend Artest and Wells. The Spurs have played garbage defense against the pick-and-roll all season, and the Kings excel at playing pick-and-roll offense. In terms of a frightening opponent in a playoff series, this is sort of the perfect storm.

I think the Spurs can and will win the series, but I hardly think it's going to be a cakewalk like some are suggesting. And I think it's quite realistic to think that Sacramento can get Game 1 or Game 2.

A-Train
04-21-2006, 11:40 AM
There's nothing wrong with rest at this point of the season. Rest is the Spurs' friend.

orhe
04-21-2006, 11:49 AM
all i have to say is
this thread is genius! thanks Ncali!

davi78239
04-21-2006, 11:51 AM
Spurs close it out in a nailbiting game 6 at Arco. That's my prediction.

Trainwreck2100
04-21-2006, 02:26 PM
Exactly, the Spurs will lose game one, and here's why, where are the King trolls, nowhere to be found, the Spurs know this so they will drop the first one the trolls come here. We laugh at them, when the kings lose, and all is right with the world.

baseline bum
04-21-2006, 02:28 PM
Spurs in 5.

NCaliSpurs
04-21-2006, 02:28 PM
FWD:

You read it perfectly.

Sense: ???

I am a big Duncan fan, and I think he will be the MVP of this playoffs.

This topic was kind of a jump-start on what I feel to be a tough series that could potentially go 6-7 games.

However, I think the Spurs have kind of been in cruise control all year, and that these kinds of series have galvanized them in the past.

If the Spurs come out of the series, if they come out uninjured, then they will be a better team for it.

Das Texan
04-21-2006, 02:33 PM
I'd like to see the Spurs put together a dominant run like in 99.

RON ARTEST
04-21-2006, 02:55 PM
another excuse? damn arent you guys supposed to be a championship team? i guess piston fans are the only ones that dont make excuses huh? first back to backs was the reason why duncan and the spurs werent playing well. now its to much rest? give me a fuckin break! you guys have a great team we are the ones that are the heavy underdogs not you. so cut the bull shit about the three days rest.

CubanMustGo
04-21-2006, 03:54 PM
another excuse? damn arent you guys supposed to be a championship team? i guess piston fans are the only ones that dont make excuses huh? first back to backs was the reason why duncan and the spurs werent playing well. now its to much rest? give me a fuckin break! you guys have a great team we are the ones that are the heavy underdogs not you. so cut the bull shit about the three days rest.

Dude, you need to get back on the

http://www.alldruginfo.com/p/prozac/prozac.gif

RON ARTEST
04-21-2006, 04:34 PM
Dude, you need to get back on the

http://www.alldruginfo.com/p/prozac/prozac.gif
you know what i said is true you stupid peace of worthless shit! :lol :lol :lol

baseline bum
04-21-2006, 06:55 PM

Nah... this guy's 100% right.

boutons_
04-21-2006, 08:20 PM
agree, no rest for Tim or the Spurs, the Spurs lose on B2B.

A day or 2 more rest for Tim, he gets rusty.

RON ARTEST
04-21-2006, 10:19 PM
agree, no rest for Tim or the Spurs, the Spurs lose on B2B.

A day or 2 more rest for Tim, he gets rusty.
you cant have it both ways.

Tek_XX
04-21-2006, 11:25 PM
There's no such thing as too much rest for Duncan this year. He's had a hard time finding rythm to begin with.

Winnipeg_Spur
04-22-2006, 12:01 AM
How many games did Duncan play with 3+ days rest, though? It's likely a very small sample and using a small sample to reach a counter-intuitive conclusion is probably not a good idea. There are many other factors involved that we don't know, like who these games were against, how those teams defended Duncan, how close the games were, etc.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-22-2006, 12:07 AM

I'm amazed this thread has gotten this far without anyone pointing out the fact that we have more than two titles.

Obstructed_View
04-22-2006, 12:11 AM
I'm having trouble thinking of an example of Duncan being rusty from too much rest this season. I remember him getting 28 and 15 against KG and getting 20 and 15 against Phoenix with 3 days between games.

Tek_XX
04-22-2006, 12:31 AM
If Duncan were having a great season, the question of too much rest would be an issue. But this season rest helps Duncan, where the foot has been a problem.

Vashner
04-22-2006, 09:33 AM
They are doing workouts... it's not like he spent the whole time on the couch.

This is silly.... Kings are about to get swept ez... they are 8th.

GrandeDavid
04-22-2006, 09:44 AM
Its the playoffs, a brand new season and whole new animal. I think the Spurs will be plenty ready tonight and Tuesday. The Spurs will win tonight.

ducks
04-22-2006, 05:49 PM
gmae 2 he might have too much rest to for not playing the second half of game 1 because kings did not show up

NCaliSpurs
04-22-2006, 07:49 PM
I was wrong...

and happily!!!

kalikot_boy_kr
04-22-2006, 08:04 PM
Yea U Ar Really Real Wrong! Lol! Do It Again And U Will Happily Ever After.lol!

yeahone
04-22-2006, 08:15 PM
i figure your predcition is way offf

mikejones99
04-22-2006, 08:18 PM
Yes it is very bad to give the Spurs rest.