PDA

View Full Version : Greatest white boy dunk ever? Spurs should get him!

arenateam
04-21-2006, 11:41 AM
The Spurs should get this guy, somehow!! arizona recruit chase budinger threw down a nasty dunk at the dunk contest at the mcdonalds aa game. boy's got some ups. its about halfway thru the video:

http://www.sportsstarsoftomorrow.com/videoarchive.asp?itemid=1001211703

A-Train
04-21-2006, 11:42 AM
Tom Chambers has retired, people.

ShoogarBear
04-21-2006, 11:42 AM
Because he's white? :rolleyes

mookie2001
04-21-2006, 11:44 AM
mark madsen
that guy hustles, gives 100%, like when he runs down the court zigzagging, turning his head, looking everywhere
high bball IQ

A-Train
04-21-2006, 11:47 AM
Don't the Spurs already have the greatest 'white dunker'?

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-21-2006, 11:47 AM
Because he's white? :rolleyes

That's what I was wondering.

You know, you take his handle, ArenaTeam, switch two letters and you get AreanTeam. The spelling may be off but the sentiment remains.

pache100
04-21-2006, 11:49 AM
mark madsen

http://i3.tinypic.com/w1fa7k.gif :madrun

A-Train
04-21-2006, 11:50 AM
Surprised that the fanbase glorifies white players?

DarkReign
04-21-2006, 12:10 PM

shouldnt be.

Nash
Manu
AK47
Miller
etc
etc

When 70%+ of your viewing audience is caucasion, this is inevitable.

E20
04-21-2006, 12:11 PM
Brian Cardinal is a pretty good huslter. He'll player 110% anywhere, he'll play be diving for loose balls if he were to play in a high school game now and if his team were up by 50.

MaNuMaNiAc
04-21-2006, 12:20 PM
shouldnt be.

Nash
Manu
AK47
Miller
etc
etc

wait a se, AK47 is a monster, he's just been plagued with injuries, thats all. It is very understandable why people like AK. Also, Manu ripped it up in last year's playoffs, so, they aren't glorified just because they are white, that is bullshit. Nash, I don't even understand why you would mention Nash, the guy is clearly one of the best, if not the best pointguard out there.

Tigole Bitties
04-21-2006, 12:32 PM
Dwayne Schintzius is coming out of retirement?!?!

kris
04-21-2006, 12:38 PM
Manu isn't white.

Solid D
04-21-2006, 12:51 PM
Rex Chapman retired.

ShoogarBear
04-21-2006, 01:03 PM
shouldnt be.

Nash
Manu
AK47
Miller
etc
etc

And I actually don't have a problem with there being more interest in white players from a white fanbase. I might pay more attention to the NHL if there were more black players. That's just human nature.

What bothers me is how every white player has a "high basketball IQ" or "hustles" or "works hard/is a warrior" or "overcomes his physical limitations". Sorry, folks, but Richard Hamilton or Chauncey Billups are just as smart as Manu, and hustle just as much.

ShoogarBear
04-21-2006, 01:04 PM
Manu isn't white.

Oh, goody!

timvp
04-21-2006, 01:08 PM
The Spurs will beat the Pistons because they have more gritty, gutty and determined players.

Fact.

http://www.123celebs.net/s/steve-kerr/steve-kerr.jpg

MaNuMaNiAc
04-21-2006, 01:29 PM
Manu isn't white.
not this shit again

Sec24Row7
04-21-2006, 01:34 PM
:madrun :madrun :madrun OMG WTF YOU MENA MANU ISN'T WHITE PULL OUT A MAP AND.... :madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun

:lol :lol :lol

Sec24Row7
04-21-2006, 01:37 PM
LoL Half of the spurs starting 5 were white at the beginning of the season.

We now only start 1.5 white players 3 black players and the other half of Timmy.

Obstructed_View
04-21-2006, 06:58 PM
True, but not for the reason people keep intimating. The fanbase of any sport roots for underdogs. Remember who the most popular golfer is...

Obstructed_View
04-21-2006, 06:59 PM
Manu isn't white.
What color is Italian?

genghisrex
04-21-2006, 07:04 PM
Remember who the most popular golfer is...
The best one?

Guru of Nothing
04-21-2006, 07:10 PM
Tom Chambers has retired, people.

As has Mark Iavaroni.

Obstructed_View
04-21-2006, 07:27 PM
The best one?
Oh yeah, I remember how popular Vijay Singh was last year.

mikejones99
04-21-2006, 07:41 PM
Alvin Adams over the Lakers was best

whottt
04-21-2006, 07:45 PM
What bothers me is how every white player has a "high basketball IQ" or "hustles" or "works hard/is a warrior" or "overcomes his physical limitations". Sorry, folks, but Richard Hamilton or Chauncey Billups are just as smart as Manu, and hustle just as much.

You left out, "surprisingly athletic".

whottt
04-21-2006, 07:46 PM
Oh and the Kingsfan is right...Manu can't be white, he speaks Spanish.

ShoogarBear
04-21-2006, 08:11 PM
You left out, "surprisingly athletic".
Yeah. Shit, the last Spur as athletic as Manu was the young David Robinson.

Obstructed_View
04-21-2006, 08:16 PM
Yeah. Shit, the last Spur as athletic as Manu was the young David Robinson.Antonio Daniels and a healthy Derek Anderson might have had something to say about that. :)

ShoogarBear
04-21-2006, 08:23 PM
Antonio Daniels and a healthy Derek Anderson might have had something to say about that. :)
I will put a healthy Manu against either one in terms of athleticism. They could jump higher, but that's just one aspect.

Obstructed_View
04-21-2006, 08:28 PM
I will put a healthy Manu against either one in terms of athleticism. They could jump higher, but that's just one aspect.
Actually, let me just make my point: Manu, while probably my favorite player, isn't close to the athlete that Robinson was. It was a bad comparison, and I was trying to be polite. (I'm not actually trying to start a fight, even though the previous sentence reads that way:)).

When Manu can walk up the court and back on his hands, I'll give him the nod over DA. :)

ShoogarBear
04-21-2006, 08:33 PM
But DA couldn't walk the court on his hands either. That was DRob. I think you're mixing and matching comparisons here.

I will agree Manu is not as athletic as Robinson. But I think he's possibly more athletic than Daniels (who was VERY athletic) and DA (who was a skinny leaper, but not nearly as strong as Manu).

Obstructed_View
04-21-2006, 08:42 PM
But DA couldn't walk the court on his hands either. That was DRob. I think you're mixing and matching comparisons here.I wasn't mixing, I just figured you probably knew what I was referring to, so I didn't have to explain it. You did, so I didn't. :) My point was if Manu could do just one thing that Robinson could do it might be enough to put him past DA, but not AD, and that's just on my personal opinion list.

I will agree Manu is not as athletic as Robinson. But I think he's possibly more athletic than Daniels (who was VERY athletic) and DA (who was a skinny leaper, but not nearly as strong as Manu).With the "possibly" in there, I'll agree with the above 100 percent.

spurofthemoment
04-21-2006, 08:54 PM
The Spurs should get this guy, somehow!! arizona recruit chase budinger threw down a nasty dunk at the dunk contest at the mcdonalds aa game. boy's got some ups. its about halfway thru the video:

http://www.sportsstarsoftomorrow.com/videoarchive.asp?itemid=1001211703
that dunk was sick white black whatever I looked at it about 5 times sweet

SilverPlayer
04-21-2006, 09:46 PM
1.manu is italian(hence the name ginoBILI)
2.europeans are white
3.italians are europeans
4.manu=white.......

common sense people.

Manu is not Italian btw...He's from Argentina, hence you know playing for the Argentenian national team.

Oh and if you look at history you would know that Italian descent includes alot of Moorish/ blood mixed with a mediteranian ancestory. It is not purely what most would call white, not that it matters in any way shape or form. Just good for historical context.

ShoogarBear
04-21-2006, 09:55 PM
Manu is not Italian btw...He's from Argentina, hence you know playing for the Argentenian national team.
I don't understand why this subject never fails to cause such unwarrented controversy.

When Francis Ford Coppola says he's Italian, nobody says, "no he's from the U.S." It's understood that you're talking about ancestry, not nationality.

I doubt that anyone here is confused about what country Manu is from.

SilverPlayer
04-21-2006, 09:59 PM
I don't understand why this subject never fails to cause such unwarrented controversy.

When Francis Ford Coppola says he's Italian, nobody says, "no he's from the U.S." It's understood that you're talking about ancestry, not nationality.

I doubt that anyone here is confused about what country Manu is from.

Point taken

milkyway21
04-21-2006, 10:06 PM
mark madsen
that guy hustles, gives 100%, like when he runs down the court zigzagging, turning his head, looking everywhere
high bball IQgrrrr! :cuss i hate Mark Madsen.

and,
Great white dunker for the Spurs?

Is BRENT BARRY black ?:D

aaronstampler
04-22-2006, 12:57 AM
Um, not that anybody cares, but I was actually AT this HS dunk contest y'all speak of, and while I can confirm that Boddinger is quite the dunker, he is also extraordinarily stupid, even for a basketball player.

The dunk footage you see in the link is from the semifinals. And it was over. He had it won.

In the finals, the other guy missed his two attempts. This wasn't like the NBA dunk contest and Nate Robinson, where you get unlimited attempts. Just two. Anyway, the guy missed both.

So all Boddinger had to do was throw down a simple dunk, and he would have won. But he missed both his flashy attempts too.

So it went to a one dunk dunkoff. The other guy made his, Boddinger missed his, and the other guy won.

Not too bright this guy...

As for athleticism, I would say that AD and probably even a young Sean were better athletes than Manu, (and you can make an argument for TP as well) but the edge where Manu has them all beat is hand-eye coordination, and body coordination. He is in full control of his arms and hands regardless of how he's contorted. Also, he's the better ball handler.

Gerryatrics
04-22-2006, 01:19 AM
http://img56.echo.cx/img56/6117/nbastreetseriesdunksvol1900015.jpg
http://www.uvasportsfanatic.com/brent%20barry.jpg
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/nba-history/images/as/barry_295_ADB20.jpg

Man In Black
04-22-2006, 01:43 AM
It's Budinger and the guy has skills. As a Cali Local, we've been hearing about his hops for quite sometime. A 45 inch vertical is nothing to scoff at.
When you're being compared to Bill Walton the basketball player-not the analyst, you must be playing a high level of basketball.

milkyway21
04-22-2006, 02:25 AM
http://img56.echo.cx/img56/6117/nbastreetseriesdunksvol1900015.jpg
http://www.uvasportsfanatic.com/brent%20barry.jpg
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/nba-history/images/as/barry_295_ADB20.jpgremember Brent Barry ! :clap

Melmart1
04-22-2006, 02:34 AM
Ah, memories of All-Star Weekend in SA...

andrea
05-22-2006, 12:15 AM
Manu isn't white.

Are you blind? right? lol :blah

andrea
05-22-2006, 12:18 AM
Oh and the Kingsfan is right...Manu can't be white, he speaks Spanish.

lol so nor Nocioni nor Oberto nor most argentinians are white wow that is even more hilarious :elephant :elephant

SpursStillTippin
05-22-2006, 12:26 AM
Don't the Spurs already have the greatest 'white dunker'?

You talking about Manu? Manu isn't white ladies and gentlmen. If he is how the hell did Manu win the Fox Sports en Espaņol's Latin American Basketball Player of the Year? :hat Aww who cares that dude can play

whottt
05-22-2006, 12:29 AM
lol so nor Nocioni nor Oberto nor most argentinians are white wow that is even more hilarious :elephant :elephant

Right...if they spoke English they'd be white, or at least half white, half spanish. As they get better at speaking English they become more white.

Blacks that speak English aren't really completely black...only half black.

I really thought we had resolved all of this 2 or 3 years ago...must we do it again?

And how did you find this post? Did you type is Manu white in the forum search? You had to go along way to do it...It's called Necroposting and really doesn't serve much purpose.

Just remember...Manu can't be white, he speaks Spanish. Spanish is a race from South and Central America, therefore if Manu speaks it that must be his race.

Dalamar_the_Dark
05-22-2006, 12:34 AM
Chase is pretty good from what I have seen and heard. Can shoot the 3, can pass well, can penetrate, pretty good rebounder and shot blocker. Needs work on NBA level defense. But closest thing in the NBA is Dirk but hes not at Dirk's level yet. If he comes into the NBA, Spurs would never be able to get him. We dont draft that high. Unless we do a trade or something. But this guy would fit as a long 3 with skills.