PDA

View Full Version : Timberwolves Eye Marbury

ducks
04-21-2006, 12:31 PM
April 21, 2006 -- Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor said he'd be intrigued by trading for Stephon Marbury if it didn't mean a big financial hit to the 'Wolves' future payroll. Marbury is still owed $60 million on his pact.

Taylor told 'Wolves writers, "It isn't that we couldn't use somebody like that. We certainly could with his experience and we know him. It's that he's signed at a salary that could cause problems. So it would be difficult. It would be one of those things where New York would have to say that they really want to get rid of the player and could help us in some financial way to do it."

To make it happen, the Knicks would have to take back some of Minnesota's long-term contracts to ease the burden Marko Jaric (five years, $32.5M), C Mark Blount (4 years, $28M) or Trenton Hassell (3 years, $17.2M).

Clearly, the Knicks will only be able to get role players for Marbury's services but might be willing to do it if Brown and Marbury can't reach a compromise this summer.

The Knicks would also have to throw in $3 million - the most allowed by the league - to suit Taylor's needs.

The Knicks will have San Antonio's pick - the number still to be determined - and the 21st pick via Denver in June's draft while the Bulls have the Knicks' second seed in the lottery courtesy of Eddy Curry trade.

Curry repeated he's "definitely" better than anyone in draft. Curry also said he'll go to Las Vegas with the summer-league team to show the coaches he's committed.

Malik Rose summed up the embarrassment of the season, using Jason Collins' back-to-back treys in the season finale as the example.

"Jason Collins is a good guy but him shooting 3s and laughing about it going down the court, stuff like that eats away at, gets under my skin," Rose said. "Jason Collins is a great player but is a 3-point shooter? No. But for two shots against the Knicks, he was a 3-point shooter and laughed about. And that [ticks] me off. Teams were doing it all year. They play against the Knicks and think it's time to audition for a new position or try a new move, try a new play. And I hated it."

Jalen Rose said despite his expiring contract, he expects to be back next season. "Other than our overall record, I'm excited about being here," Rose said. Which is like saying, "Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?"

Rookie Nate Robinson said Brown has asked him to concentrate on being a PG next season because of the SG glut. On Brown's return, Robinson said, "Coach is strong. Honestly. He's a strong individual. I know he'll definitely be back because of the year we had this year. He wants to be back next year." . . . Rookie PF Channing Frye, who missed the final 16 games with a sprained knee ligament, expects to be running by late May and play summer league in July.

E20
04-21-2006, 12:39 PM
Marbury isn't gonna do any good to the Wolves anyway.

Nocioni
04-21-2006, 12:43 PM
It's just like marrying your ex-wife

mookie2001
04-21-2006, 12:44 PM
marbury and garnett

thats gotta be a winning combo

Cant_Be_Faded
04-21-2006, 12:47 PM
you think thats bad

rememba that time i played pick up streetball with priest holmes

baseline bum
04-21-2006, 02:09 PM
Marbury and Garnett kills what they had this season. They literally have nothing else besides KG right now.

Horry For 3!
04-21-2006, 02:13 PM
marbury and garnett

thats gotta be a winning combo
I expect Garnett to be leaving.

ducks
04-21-2006, 02:15 PM
I think kg stays
I think wolves end up with steven or stephen

T-Pain
04-21-2006, 02:17 PM
I expect Garnett to be leaving.
yeah that and it didnt seem to work out that well last time they were on the same team

METALMiKE
04-21-2006, 04:44 PM
I feel bad for Malik :depressed

and maybe Marbury should go back to his buddy Garnett.

Obstructed_View
04-21-2006, 09:17 PM
It's just like marrying your ex-wife
It's more like being stranded on a deserted island with your sister. If you're there long enough she starts looking pretty good. From the outside looking in, both situations are kind of sickening.

Winnipeg_Spur
04-21-2006, 11:37 PM
"Jason Collins is a good guy but him shooting 3s and laughing about it going down the court, stuff like that eats away at, gets under my skin," Rose said. "Jason Collins is a great player but is a 3-point shooter? No. But for two shots against the Knicks, he was a 3-point shooter and laughed about. And that [ticks] me off. Teams were doing it all year. They play against the Knicks and think it's time to audition for a new position or try a new move, try a new play. And I hated it."
Jason Collins is a great player? News to me... the standard of greatness must have gone far down recently. :smokin

polandprzem
04-25-2006, 06:06 AM
McHale and Isiah talking trades

http://www.ezekielbearsports.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=61&Itemid=1

samikeyp
04-25-2006, 07:08 AM
Malik was just being polite. :lol

Bloodline666
04-26-2006, 01:15 AM
Minnesota will AGAIN be a first-round exit, at best, with Marbury back, which has been the story of Marbury's entire career. And to think he calls himself the greatest point guard of all time? What a joke.