PDA

View Full Version : KingsFans.com: It's not a debate

Pages : [1] 2

missmyzte
04-21-2006, 09:34 PM
Wow, I think I get it now. I thought I'd find a Kings forum to talk some hoops and talk some smack, I logged onto KingsFans.com (http://www.kingsfans.com) and found the fans there to be extremely welcoming and nice. Too nice, I feared.

Turns out I was correct.

Exhibit A: The thread

Play Like The All-Star You Are!

To Brad Miller:

If a Spur is consistantly dunking in the paint and you only have 1 foul; feel free to use another.

There will be no layups in the playoffs. You are 7ft tall. Take notes from SAR and dunk when you're around the basket.

We all know you're big and slow, but you will notice an improvement in your defense if you dont stand straight up while trying to guard someone.

I like your game Brad Miller. You set nice/hard picks, you can knock down any shot and you're a pretty good free throw shooter. You're rebounding and shotblocking will be very critical in this series. We need you.
http://www.kingsfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=307969&postcount=1

Exhibit B: My response (sorry RashoFan!)

I couldn't help but think that this could also apply to Rasho Nesterovic. Here's I'll just edit a couple things and then it will go for Rasho:

To Rasho Nesterovic:

If a King is consistantly dunking in the paint and you only have 1 foul; feel free to use another.

There will be no layups or fairy floaters in the playoffs. You are 7ft tall. Take notes from SAR and dunk when you're around the basket.

We all know you're big and slow, but you will notice an improvement in your defense if you don't stand straight up while trying to guard someone.

I like your game Rasho. You set nice/hard picks, you can knock down a good mid-range jumper though you're an awful free throw shooter. Your rebounding and shotblocking will be very critical in this series. We need you.
http://www.kingsfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=308113&postcount=9

That was extremely tongue-in-cheek, I thought it was pretty damn funny.

Exhibit C: The reply in the thread by a mod

To MistiLynn: The name of the board is KINGSFANS.com. Please keep that in mind. We are tolerant but enough is enough...

Thank you.
http://www.kingsfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=308145&postcount=14

Exhibit D: The PM I just received

This is a KINGS board. It is not a general NBA board; it is not a Spurs board.

We have welcomed you. In return, we expect - dare I say demand - that you respect our right to discuss our team on our board without the injection of the opposing side of view. It's not a debate. The opposition isn't entitled to equal time.

You've notived by now that this board is a lot more civil than the majority of message boards you'll find around. That's because, quite honestly, we run a tight ship.

If you're going to post comments in support of the Spurs, then you need to find a Spurs board upon which to do it. The Memo to Rasho was not appropriate. We aren't on a Spurs board hyping our players; in return, we expect that Spurs fans who come here don't hype theirs.

Thank you for understanding.

VF21

-----------------------

My favorite part I put in bold above (from the PM).
Classic!

Now I see why they seem so nice, no one is allowed to actually have an opinion or original thought!
:lol

Feel free to check it out yourself but I do warn you, don't say anything that might spark a debate and cause people to actually think.

ducks
04-21-2006, 09:38 PM
funny if you go to
http://www.kingsfans.com/ they pick the spurs to win the series though
Round 1 Preview
Written by Mr. S£im Citrus
Thursday, 20 April 2006
(1) San Antonio Spurs versus (8) Sacramento Kings

Two teams that are no strangers to the playoffs will face each other in the postseason for the very first time, as the San Antonio Spurs will begin their quest for a fourth NBA Championship when they face the Sacramento Kings in the first round of the playoffs. San Antonio (63-19) is competing in the playoffs for the ninth consecutive season. They have home court advantage in the first round of the playoffs for the ninth consecutive season. Sacramento (44-38) is competing in the playoffs for the eighth consecutive season. They are opening the playoffs on the road for the second consecutive season.

COMPARISON

GUARDS: Sacramento’s starting guards and San Antonio’s starting guards are fairly evenly matched: their starting point guards, Mike Bibby and Tony Parker, respectively, have remarkably similar numbers, for the most part, with Parker shooting a higher percentage from two-point range, and Bibby shooting a higher percentage from all other aspects. While Bibby is effective at getting into the lane to score or create opportunities for his teammates, the advantage in this aspect goes to Parker, who is perhaps the most proficient in the NBA at scoring in the paint from the guard position, whereas Bibby is much more dangerous from eighteen feet and beyond than Parker. Neither player is particularly threatening defensively, but Parker appears to be a slightly better team defender.

The starting shooting guards for each team are just as similarly matched: Manu Ginobili and Bonzi Wells both spent considerable portions of the regular season plagued by injuries, with Ginobili missing eighteen games and Wells missing thirty. While neither man is primarily considered a perimeter threat, Ginobili is much more comfortable outside, shooting a substantially higher percentage from the three-point line. Both players are perhaps better known for inside scoring, but they score in very different ways, with Ginobili using his quickness to beat defenders off the dribble, while Wells uses his strength to score inside. Both men are solid defensively, and their defensive strengths reflect their offensive strengths: Ginobili is a good perimeter defender, who is effective at denying penetration, whereas Wells is better at defending inside the paint. Wells is also a far superior rebounder.

Advantage: Push

Forwards: Two of the best man-to-man defenders in the league are matched up against each other at the small forward position. But, while Bruce Bowen and Ron Artest are both excellent defensively, Artest is clearly a more complete player offensively, and can score from inside and outside. Artest is most effective offensively when isolated against a defender down in the post, whereas Bowen’s primary contribution offensively is to capitalize on scoring opportunities created by his teammates, particularly Tim Duncan and Tony Parker. However, Artest’s superior offensive abilities occasionally works to the detriment of his team, as he has been known to disrupt the team’s offense with his at-times single-minded determination to score, whereas Bowen is the consummate teammate offensively, and will never disrupt his team’s offensive flow to get his own shot. Both men are intense defensively, and are highly effective at disrupting their defensive assignment without excessive fouling. Bowen is often of singular focus on defense, and will follow his defensive assignment wherever he goes, whereas Artest is a better help defender, who is highly effective at forcing steals. Artest is also a slightly better rebounder.

Tim Duncan set career lows in scoring, rebounding, blocked shots and field goal percentage this season, while playing through injuries. Nevertheless, he has a clear advantage over Kenny Thomas. Offensively, Duncan will be able to post up over the much shorter Thomas and score without impediment, and he will also be able to score easily outside the paint, where Thomas will not be able to prevent him from using his trademark bank shot. Thomas’ sole advantage will be in his ability to beat Duncan off the dribble, but even that may be negated by Duncan’s superior reach. Defensively, Duncan is a far superior rebounder and shot blocker, and will often dissuade offensive players from attacking the basket, whereas Thomas is largely ineffective at denying penetration inside the lane, or at blocking shots.

Advantage: Spurs

Centers: Neither Nazr Mohammed nor Brad Miller are particularly good rebounders at the center position, but Miller has a slight strength advantage, and averages a few more rebounds than his counterpart. Miller is far superior offensively, and has a range that extends out to the three-point line. He is also better at creating opportunites for his teammates, and is highly effective at passing out of the high post. Mohammed is rarely considered to be a scoring option, and usually scores only within the flow of the Spurs’ offense. Defensively, neither man is particularly effective at denying post position, but Mohammed’s athleticism makes him a better weak-side shot blocker.

Advantage: Kings

Bench: The strength of San Antonio’s bench is in their back court, as they are three deep at every position, including experienced veterans Nick Van Exel, Michael Finley and Brent Barry, all of whom have had big moments in the postseason. Their reserve frontcourt is much less imposing, consisting primarily of former starter Rasho Nesterovic and playoff legend Robert Horry. The two most dangerous players on San Antonio’s bench are clearly Horry and Van Exel, whose respective career postseason scoring averages exceed their career regular season scoring averages, and always seem to be able to make the big play in a timely manner come playoff time.

Sacramento’s reserves, by comparison, have virtually no playoff experience. In fact, Sacramento’s key reserves, Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Kevin Martin and Francisco Garcia will all be making their first playoff appearances. In fact, only Jason Hart, the seldom-used Corliss Williamson and the unused Vitaly Potapenko have any kind of playoff experience off the Kings bench.

Coaching: On paper, this matchup would appear to favor San Antonio, as Gregg Popovich (518-252, 69-41 postseason) is highly effective at motivating his team to play aggressive defense, and likes to control offensive possessions. Rick Adelman (752-481, 68-64 postseason), however, has historically been able to motivate the Kings to put forth a maximum effort in the playoffs; only twice in eight seasons have the Kings failed to force a series-deciding game in being eliminated from the playoffs, whereas the Spurs have only played in a series-deciding game twice in their last twenty-two playoff series. Under Adelman’s leadership, the Kings have been an effective offensive team, and have played defense with an intensity that exceeds their perceived limitations. However, Popovich is a meticulous game-planner, and is much better at getting his team to establish the tempo of the game.

Intangibles: The Kings have no pressure on them, and will very likely play free and loose, compared to the Spurs, who are expected to at least return to the Finals. Since the acquisition of Ron Artest, they play with an intensity that San Antonio has had little opportunity to play against. However, the Spurs are a vastly more experienced team, and are not likely to succumb to the pressure of the playoffs, at least not in the opening round. The Kings are also a poor road team, and home court advantage could very well be the deciding factor in this matchup.

Prediction: Spurs in 7

Slomo
04-21-2006, 09:40 PM
:lmao

That is the weakest thing I have ever read! Apparentyl since the guvernator rulz there thinking is frowned upon :lol

missmyzte
04-21-2006, 09:41 PM

That is the weakest thing I have ever read! Apparentyl since the guvernator rulz there thinking is frowned upon :lol
Hey now, I'm from Cali too! It's just a few freaks in Northern Cali that can't think for themselves.

Slomo
04-21-2006, 09:43 PM
Hey now, I'm from Cali too! It's just a few freaks in Northern Cali that can't think for themselves.I know :)

but I was refering to Sacramento - isn't that where his office is?

ShoogarBear
04-21-2006, 09:45 PM
It's the Stepford Wives of NBA boards.

exstatic
04-21-2006, 09:55 PM
That board must be run out of Modesto. :hat

missmyzte
04-21-2006, 10:03 PM
Okay, I'm having fun now ---
I wrote back in PM:

The 'Memo to Rasho' was extremely tongue-in-cheek, it was mocking Rasho more than it was supporting him. I was just making a joke. Apparently it wasn't funny.

For the record, a little debating can be healthy and enjoyable. The world is filled with people with opposing points of view, when such varying points of view are shared in a civil and intelligent manner, it can be quite fun.

She replied:

Based on the comments I received from a couple of members, they simply didn't get it and weren't particularly amused. I don't blame them...

Excuse me?

I do not need nor do I appreciate a lecture from you, a VISITOR to our site, on debates or anything else for that matter.

This is a website dedicated to the SACRAMENTO KINGS. I am going to make sure that is made abundantly clear to anyone who is NOT a Sacramento Kings fan.

We have had a number of extremely harrowing experiences with Laker fans in the past. And we have developed, over the years, a method of ensuring that our board maintains a place where Kings fans can come to talk about their team and whatever else strikes their fancy.

There are other boards around dedicated to basketball in general and the promotion of everything ranging from lively debate to flamefests. You might consider finding one of them.

I do not appreciate being talked down to or patronized. It does not sit well with me in any way whatsoever. I suggest you ask hoopsfan about it.

Das Texan
04-21-2006, 10:08 PM
that is some great stuff.

seems like kings fans have their panties in a wad.

you should invite them to come post over here for a spell.

ShoogarBear
04-21-2006, 10:09 PM
VF21 is someone who is not going to do well in life.

missmyzte
04-21-2006, 10:13 PM
you should invite them to come post over here for a spell.
I don't think they could handle it :lol

RON ARTEST
04-21-2006, 10:17 PM
VF21 is someone who is not going to do well in life.
i know i hate her. if you have a different oppinion then that bitch she will ban you right away.

Obstructed_View
04-21-2006, 10:18 PM
Okay, I'm having fun now ---
I wrote back in PM:

She replied:

They are still in PTSD from the Lakers. That is fucking awesome, and completely typical IMHO. I have a newfound respect for the Kings fans with the balls to come here, even though many are probably just trolls.

T Park
04-21-2006, 10:19 PM
Modesto's wife?

Melmart1
04-21-2006, 10:22 PM
"extremely harrowing experience" with Lakers fan? WTF? It's a message board. If the Lakers fan found out where they lived an stalked them, that is extremely harrowing. A few Lakers trolls in a message board is a minor annoyance at best. That person needs to get a grip.

missmyzte
04-21-2006, 10:23 PM
http://www.frappr.com/kingsfans

Wait until they discover that I put a picture on their Frappr page of me with Horry and entitled it "Horry ... for 3!" :lol

Obstructed_View
04-21-2006, 10:25 PM

Wait until they discover that I put a picture on their Frappr page of me with Horry and entitled it "Horry ... for 3!" :lol
Do you think the mere mention of the word "Horry" makes them soil themselves?

1Parker1
04-21-2006, 10:26 PM
:lol Wow, I can't believe they take the forum so seriously over there. I mean, I understand not wanting trolls on the forum, but "I don't appreciate being talked down to" and "objection from the opposing side view" is not allowed? Well to each her own.

This is my first and only "forum" that I have ever visited. I can't believe I have over 5000 posts....I never even used to go to those online "Chatrooms" before this forum. Makes me really appreciate what a nice site this is. :tu

Obstructed_View
04-21-2006, 10:29 PM

Someone in Sacramento says that they don't allow opposing viewpoints, and you think it's the one conservative that's the reason for it? :lol :lol

Dunc
04-21-2006, 10:36 PM
Gonna see how long it takes me to get banned over there, just for fun... :D

Obstructed_View
04-21-2006, 10:39 PM
Gonna see how long it takes me to get banned over there, just for fun... :DI wonder if they will delete all of your posts, too.

Dunc
04-21-2006, 10:39 PM
Lmao, I think missmyzte might have gotten things stirred up over there. There now seems to be a post from the moderator dictating how Spurs fans are supposed to behave. As follows:

Welcome to Spurs fans.

We expect to get a number of you here to share in the excitement of the playoffs. That's great and we welcome each and every one of you...with a proviso.

This is a moderated forum and we maintain an aura of respect for each other at all times. We do not condone or allow personal attacks, belittling comments, profanity, flame fests, or anything else that only serves to the detriment of the discussion of the game we love.

Please read the tips above. We don't mind the occasional input as our respective teams get ready to square off in Round 1. But please keep in mind - this is a KINGS board. We don't really need to have the Spurs fan counterargument to every point we make. We're here to talk with fellow Kings fans about our team and their chances in the playoffs.

If you follow the rules, you'll do fine. If not you will most likely find yourself looking for another Kings board to haunt.

Now, let's get ready for some playoff basketball!!!

Dunc
04-21-2006, 10:40 PM
I wonder if they will delete all of your posts, too.

I would expect so... I'll copy them and share what remarkable things they have to say, if anything. Maybe they'll ignore me in the hopes I'll go away. You guys know it, I never go away :D

1Parker1
04-21-2006, 10:52 PM
This is a moderated forum and we maintain an aura of respect for each other at all times. We do not condone or allow personal attacks, belittling comments, profanity, flame fests.

Damn, but that's the fun parts! :(

Here at Spurstalk, we have all those bases covered:

Personal Attacks: Usually directed to T_Park
Belittling Comments: Usually directed to Sequ (:lol)
Profanity: Usually used by AHF and Alvarez
Flame Fests: Not sure what that is...but my interpretation has Shoogarbear and Spurswoman condoning such threads :)

Dunc
04-21-2006, 10:55 PM
Damn, but that's the fun parts! :(

No kidding. That's why I love you guys. Btw, just waiting for my email telling me how to activate my account....

Dunc
04-21-2006, 10:57 PM
This is irritating.

Thank you for registering, wallacex2. Your account has been submitted for moderation by an administrator and will be activated shortly. You will be notified by email when this happens. To return to the forums, click here.

No way in hell they'll let me post. My name is "wallacex2".

CubanMustGo
04-21-2006, 11:07 PM
Since they've never actually had to play an EC team in the finals, the mod probably won't have a clue what "wallacex2" means.

What a weak excuse for a board. What do they have, 12 members?

SpursIndonesia
04-21-2006, 11:15 PM
I've been there for a long, long time (member since late '02 if i'm not mistaken) and have come into a mutual respect there. As long you don't act like an ass (say, like Lakers fans always say the mantra of their multiple champ rings) and aware of your whereabout, it will be just fine. There are two big time mods there, Bricklayer and Mrs. VF21. Brick is more of a basketball person, you talk hoops and back it up well, no B$'ing around and you'll be fine. Mrs. VF21 is another case. She's a fanatic Kings fan, and you must control your attitude around her. If she wish for a tightly controlled forum, what can we say ? We're just a mere guest there, so a wiseful approach is needed here.

missmyzte
This is irritating.

Thank you for registering, wallacex2. Your account has been submitted for moderation by an administrator and will be activated shortly. You will be notified by email when this happens. To return to the forums, click here.

No way in hell they'll let me post. My name is "wallacex2".
My account was activated about 24 hours after I registered, hold tight.

Dunc
Good point. Just really irritating. I wanna get on there and start some shit, but as of yet I haven't been given the green light. Faggot ass moderator.

ObiwanGinobili

:lmao laughing my fuckign ass off...... :lmao holee shit.

missmyzte
04-21-2006, 11:16 PM
I've been there for a long, long time (member since late '02 if i'm not mistaken) and have come into a mutual respect there. As long you don't act like an ass (say, like Lakers fans always say the mantra of their multiple champ rings) and aware of your whereabout, it will be just fine. There are two big time mods there, Bricklayer and Mrs. VF21. Brick is more of a basketball person, you talk hoops and back it up well, no B$'ing around and you'll be fine. Mrs. VF21 is another case. She's a fanatic Kings fan, and you must control your attitude around her. If she wish for a tightly controlled forum, what can we say ? We're just a mere guest there, so a wiseful approach is needed here.

I don't know how you've lasted there, I've been there for about 3 days about have seen more warnings given to members, not including myself, than in my entire time here at ST. How can you be a Spurs fan and not get banned there?

Dunc
04-21-2006, 11:18 PM
I don't know how you've lasted there, I've been there for about 3 days about have seen more warnings given to members, not including myself, than in my entire time here at ST. How can you be a Spurs fan and not get banned there?

Must be a lurker. Kinda like I am here, lol.

Dunc
04-21-2006, 11:22 PM
Btw, I would just like to thank Jesus for Kori and LJ one more time, lol. This VF21 seems to be an extremely overbearing control freak.

Spurologist
04-21-2006, 11:27 PM

:lol nice

Btw, I would just like to thank Jesus for Kori and LJ one more time, lol. This VF21 seems to be an extremely overbearing control freak.

:tu

infinite styles
04-21-2006, 11:32 PM

I see how you lasted man. I read some of your posts there and basically you either agreed with what they would say or have to proclaim no disrespect during every post. Thats not a discussion board. If you have to make clear your intentions before every post then why even do it. Thats what the internets gonna look like with these bills that Bush is putting through so we should register there and learn how it works. :angel

milkyway21
04-21-2006, 11:36 PM
Now I see why they seem so nice, no one is allowed to actually have an opinion or original thought!

Feel free to check it out yourself but I do warn you, don't say anything that might spark a debate and cause people to actually think.
that's why Spurstalk is still the best fan forum there is...you can say Duncan sucks, trade Duncan, Rasho is soft, post a video of Manu picking his nose:D, have a meltdown if the Spurs loses a game in the playoffs, there was even one time a member joking Kori is over-rated(:wtf).. and not get banned :clap

Spurstalk rules

:wakeup

SpursIndonesia
04-21-2006, 11:37 PM
Must be a lurker. Kinda like I am here, lol.

Nope. Not really an active poster, but for a mere guest, in their old forum before their server's site migration in mid '05, i had around 400-500 post there. I haven't posted there ever since, 'cause of their team demise, but since the Spurs will meet them in this post season i started posting there again.

SpursIndonesia
04-21-2006, 11:42 PM

I'm a Spurs fan, but then i'm also a rather modest person. I want to treat people the way i want to be treated. And actually i like the Spurs because they're not arrogant -DRob is my lighthouse in directing and guiding my support for this NBA team, so how could i be an arrogant a$$ as their fan ?..............................And YES, i have been warned by VF21 a few times in the past actually, so i KNOW her tendency in dealing with fans from other teams ;)

SpursIndonesia
04-21-2006, 11:46 PM
I see how you lasted man. I read some of your posts there and basically you either agreed with what they would say or have to proclaim no disrespect during every post. Thats not a discussion board. If you have to make clear your intentions before every post then why even do it. Thats what the internets gonna look like with these bills that Bush is putting through so we should register there and learn how it works. :angel
Well, not every fan forum is run like this one. Spurstalk has its strength, its attraction. But then, their forum will be run the way THEY want it to be. I'm not there kowtowing to every arguments they voiced. But i also know realize, where i am, who i am, and why i am there when i come up with opinion or argument. :angel

picnroll
04-21-2006, 11:50 PM
VF21's personality is in serious need of an enema.

missmyzte
04-21-2006, 11:52 PM
There's a difference between moderating so there are no trolls and no flaming and moderating so that no one can express an opinion different than the moderators.

SpursIndonesia
VF21's personality is in serious need of an enema.

But she's still MUCH better than those crazy mods from lakersground

infinite styles
Well, not every fan forum is run like this one. Spurstalk has its strength, its attraction. But then, their forum will be run the way THEY want it to be. I'm not there kowtowing to every arguments they voiced. But i also know realize, where i am, who i am, and why i am there when i come up with opinion or argument. :angel

I feel you on that and you probably can show a lot more restraint than me but damn I guess thats why I'm here about 17 of the 24 hours a day. :depressed

missmyzte
04-21-2006, 11:54 PM
But she's still MUCH better than those crazy mods from lakersground
Depends on who you are, it took them a while to get used to me (my name on there is Horry's Girl - they thought I was a Spurs troll) but I do fine there now. I actually met them and hung out with them a bit during summer league in Long Beach, plus 2 of the mods are friends of mine. I still prefer CL though.

SpursIndonesia
04-21-2006, 11:55 PM
There's a difference between moderating so there are no trolls and no flaming and moderating so that no one can express an opinion different than the moderators.
In my experience, i'll just stay away from "King Adoring" type of threads, and dangling more in hoop discussions overthere.

Despot
04-22-2006, 12:08 AM
Let it begin!!! Just be prepare to wait 24 hours before your registration goes through. That's because their moderators are dumbasses. But yeah, the spamming must go on. I think the Pistons fans from here should unite with our Spurs brethren as well :D Main reason for that is that I just really want to spam someone.

I registered last Tuesday and I'm still waiting for it to go through, I guess my nick set off a troll alert.

missmyzte
04-22-2006, 12:10 AM
What was your nick?

T Park
04-22-2006, 12:14 AM
what was your nick?

Ginobiliownskobe?

Obstructed_View
04-22-2006, 12:15 AM
What was your nick?
AdelmanLooksLikeHitler

Despot
04-22-2006, 12:15 AM
HORRYv.2

j/k...Despot, same as here, had some people say it seems like a troll name.

milkyway21
04-22-2006, 12:23 AM
AdelmanLooksLikeHitleri like Adelman but ...:lmao

Obstructed_View
04-22-2006, 12:26 AM
i like Adelman but ...:lmao
Phil Jackson showed a video to the Lakers before a series that showed Adelman and Hitler side by side. The Kings fans were traumatized by it, at least until someone explained who Hitler was.

ponky
04-22-2006, 12:52 AM
i know i hate her. if you have a different oppinion then that bitch she will ban you right away.

this is the best and most amusing part of the whole thread...a KINGS fan who is passionate about his team can't stand the Kings forum because of some uptight mod-queen. i love the mavstalk forum but it's a bit slower than this forum (maybe a post every ten minutes as opposed to every ten seconds!) and people on this forum get all up in arms about their spurs...so basically, it's fun here!!!

snowboarder
04-22-2006, 01:06 AM
wow im glad we have kori and LJ

RON ARTEST
04-22-2006, 01:22 AM
this is the best and most amusing part of the whole thread...a KINGS fan who is passionate about his team can't stand the Kings forum because of some uptight mod-queen. i love the mavstalk forum but it's a bit slower than this forum (maybe a post every ten minutes as opposed to every ten seconds!) and people on this forum get all up in arms about their spurs...so basically, it's fun here!!!
very fun.

RON ARTEST
04-22-2006, 01:23 AM
Good point. Just really irritating. I wanna get on there and start some shit, but as of yet I haven't been given the green light. Faggot ass moderator.
you wont have a chance to do it. like i said you will be banned right away. that frum isnt like this one at all.

RON ARTEST
04-22-2006, 01:27 AM
AdelmanLooksLikeHitler
OMG he does! :lol

RON ARTEST
04-22-2006, 01:28 AM
some of you should join clublakers.com. i got banned like 4 freakin times but i keep coming back as someone else. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

milkyway21
04-22-2006, 02:35 AM
some of you should join clublakers.com. i got banned like 4 freakin times but i keep coming back as someone else. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol:lmao :lmao :lmao

Spurstalk.com is the best bec. you can have as many as 1XX aliases as you want, start a thread, then you can start a debate with yourself, like mouse....

timvp
04-22-2006, 03:50 AM
I've never posted there but I've read there during the summer to see what the Sacramento scoop was on free-agents (mostly Maurice Evans and Matt Barnes). It had good information.

:tu

missmyzte
04-22-2006, 11:45 AM
some of you should join clublakers.com. i got banned like 4 freakin times but i keep coming back as someone else. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I love CL, it's the best Lakers forum there is. They have no problem with fans from other boards, no problem with people having different opinions, but they run a very tight ship when it comes to trolls and flaming.

zero signal
04-22-2006, 12:01 PM
Yeah, I quit going over there too. It's very civil, but it's the peace of the prison house.

zero signal
04-22-2006, 12:01 PM
I love CL, it's the best Lakers forum there is. They have no problem with fans from other boards, no problem with people having different opinions, but they run a very tight ship when it comes to trolls and flaming.
Most Laker boards are OK. It's just LG that makes the rest look bad.

SoCalSpursFan
04-22-2006, 12:55 PM
Wow.

What a tool.

Sec24Row7
04-22-2006, 01:04 PM
I love how she told you not to talk down to her as she was talking down to you.

bdubya
04-22-2006, 02:13 PM

That ought to get you into heaven. :lol

Reminds me of when I got banned from the heat.com board, for doing basically what I do here. It was a little ironic, considering the amount of trash-talk and city smack that goes on on that board....probably the single worst basketball forum I've ever checked out.

samikeyp
04-22-2006, 02:14 PM
Well, not every fan forum is run like this one. Spurstalk has its strength, its attraction. But then, their forum will be run the way THEY want it to be. I'm not there kowtowing to every arguments they voiced. But i also know realize, where i am, who i am, and why i am there when i come up with opinion or argument.

Or in Sacramento's case....Kowbelling.

Being respectful is fine, being censored is not. No thanks.

ChumpDumper
04-22-2006, 02:29 PM
harrowing:lmao :lmao :lmao

The only level a troll can really reach on a message board is "asspaining."

greyforest
04-22-2006, 02:47 PM
obivously this forum is set up to only be a circle-jerk of fans, rather than the much more entertaining "everyone is welcome" setup found here.

missmyzte
04-22-2006, 03:18 PM
Here's the latest:

It appears we're going to have to put up with some people whose brain capacity doesn't enable them to recognize the difference between a cess pool and an Internet message board.

PLEASE if you encounter a troll, do NOT respond to them. DO NOT FEED THEM. Simply use the "refer a post" feature and they will be dealt with.

We are not going to allow our board to be turned into a three-ring circus. We're here because we love basketball and the Sacramento Kings. If some people want to try and disrupt that, they can go elsewhere.

PLEASE do not interact with trouble-makers. It never does any good.

Thank you.

The mods

LMAO
:troll

:stirpot:

ChumpDumper
04-22-2006, 05:38 PM
ONE WARNING: If some of you cannot control yourselves, then you need to take a time out. Either you do it voluntarily or I'll help you out.

No one is happy about what's happening to our team right now but that doesn't mean you have to post whatever drivel or asinine comment comes into your head. If you don't want to follow the game any longer, step away from your computer...or at least away from Kingsfans.com.

ChumpDumper
04-22-2006, 05:42 PM
Miller just stands their holding the ball, ****ing rip that **** out of horrys hands!
I warned you, Merdiesel. You are now on a 24-hour time out.:lmao

ChumpDumper
04-22-2006, 07:04 PM
hey Rasho Nesterovic spreads the floor really well. A lot like Miller except he can rebound and play defense. Any way we can get him?
Kidnapping comes to mind... As does blackmail and extortion. Other than that, I don't think so.

T Park
04-22-2006, 07:07 PM
Rasho can rebound now?? :lol

Ill trade Rasho for Miller and Francisco Garcia RIGHT NOW.

ChumpDumper
04-22-2006, 07:09 PM
Rasho can rebound now?? :lol

Rasho: 7 reb in 23 min

Miller: 1 reb in 26 min

Trainwreck2100
04-22-2006, 07:14 PM
we need an answer to the 3 headed kings killings monsters known as nick the quick, blame finely, and he who shall not be named

Dunc
04-22-2006, 07:14 PM
Goddamn, this bitch is classic, lol.

JsnSA
04-22-2006, 07:55 PM
I like that...He who shall not be named. :lol

Thats some funny stuff. Never heard that nick for a player before.

For those that don't know "He that shall not be named" is the evil wizard of Harry Potter.

jochhejaam
04-22-2006, 08:53 PM
More from their Forum;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rome
that will do too. I just think its Brad's time is due. He's shown no center skills and his offense skills are very easy to stop. Just put a small guy on him and your good.

Originally posted by VF21
And you're a person who has been banned from this forum before. You might want to think about that.
Keep your comments civil. You can complain and criticize without sounding like you're trying to start a lynch party.

Brad was NOT the only person who had a bad game.

(Rome apologized to VF21 in his next post and they all lived happily ever after). :lol

That's a tough board! :lol

CubanMustGo
04-22-2006, 09:11 PM
Requirements for membership at Kingsfan.com:

(1) You must be a Kings brown-noser. Remember never to criticize anything the Kings do.
(2) You must kiss the ass of VF21. If you don't she will put you in time-out as if you are a two-year old.
(3) Never complement the other team. They suck!

That's about it, methinks.

phyzik
04-22-2006, 09:50 PM
my favorite quote so far reading the forum after the game regarding Spurs:

Merdiesel

Quit talking about thier damn bench grant! WE KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They're stacked like the god damn Yankees!!!!!!!!!!!

Sec24Row7
04-22-2006, 11:18 PM
Quote:

It appears we're going to have to put up with some people whose brain capacity doesn't enable them to recognize the difference between a cess pool and an Internet message board.

PLEASE if you encounter a troll, do NOT respond to them. DO NOT FEED THEM. Simply use the "refer a post" feature and they will be dealt with.

We are not going to allow our board to be turned into a three-ring circus. We're here because we love basketball and the Sacramento Kings. If some people want to try and disrupt that, they can go elsewhere.

PLEASE do not interact with trouble-makers. It never does any good.

Thank you.

The mods

LMAOHere's the latest:

LMAO
:troll

:stirpot:

WTF! We have three rings! They don't have shit... they have a 0 ring circus.

bigbendbruisebrother
04-22-2006, 11:39 PM

(1) You must be a Kings brown-noser. Remember never to criticize anything the Kings do.
(2) You must kiss the ass of VF21. If you don't she will put you in time-out as if you are a two-year old.

Sounds like the job description for Bush's Press Secretary. VF21 oughta send in her resume. Hosebeast.

SpursWoman
04-22-2006, 11:56 PM
WTF! We have three rings! They don't have shit... they have a 0 ring circus.

That has got to be the biggest joke of a website, EVER. :fro

ponky
04-22-2006, 11:56 PM
OH MY GOD this was GREAT STUFF....I couldn't stop laughing and I was trying to read it out to my bf but I kept laughing all over again, what a pathetic forum the Kings run...I'm embarrassed for them.

atxrocker
04-23-2006, 12:00 AM
OH MY GOD this was GREAT STUFF....I couldn't stop laughing and I was trying to read it out to my bf but I kept laughing all over again, what a pathetic forum the Kings run...I'm embarrassed for them.

^says the habitual early playoff exiter...haha :lol

Go Gasol!

baseline bum
04-23-2006, 12:07 AM
Wow, I think I get it now. I thought I'd find a Kings forum to talk some hoops and talk some smack, I logged onto KingsFans.com (http://www.kingsfans.com) and found the fans there to be extremely welcoming and nice. Too nice, I feared.

Turns out I was correct.

Exhibit A: The thread

http://www.kingsfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=307969&postcount=1

Exhibit B: My response (sorry RashoFan!)

http://www.kingsfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=308113&postcount=9

That was extremely tongue-in-cheek, I thought it was pretty damn funny.

Exhibit C: The reply in the thread by a mod

http://www.kingsfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=308145&postcount=14

Exhibit D: The PM I just received

-----------------------

My favorite part I put in bold above (from the PM).
Classic!

What do you expect when you're the biggest Robert Horry fan on the planet. Your boy ruined that franchise. :lol

ponky
04-23-2006, 12:18 AM
^says the habitual early playoff exiter...haha :lol

Go Gasol!

i wasn't making fun of kings fan, i was making fun of that forum dipshit...anyway, we don't fear the grizzly man from espana, we have the german wunderkind

spurs=bling
04-23-2006, 12:21 AM
Merdiesel

Quit talking about thier damn bench grant! WE KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They're stacked like the god damn Yankees!!!!!!!!!!!

:lmao :lmao :lmao

next time i need a good laugh i know were to go.

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-23-2006, 12:22 AM
Reading Mavs and Kings fans bickering about which of them suck the least is damned funny.

ponky
04-23-2006, 12:25 AM
Reading Mavs and Kings fans bickering about which of them suck the least is damned funny.

I tried to be nice all night on the Spurs threads and of course I forget, some Spurs fans are assholes. Thanks, goodnight, I have a game to go to tomorrow.

missmyzte
04-23-2006, 12:38 AM
This is great! I guess someone over there either found this thread or are just so pissed about losing that all Spurs fans are getting banned:

You have been banned for the following reason:
None

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-23-2006, 12:49 AM
I tried to be nice all night on the Spurs threads and of course I forget, some Spurs fans are assholes. Thanks, goodnight, I have a game to go to tomorrow.

God, take a fucking joke.

But yes, I can be an asshole.

I have a friendly rivalry with four of my friends/co-workers because they're die-hard Mavs fans (one who used to be the Mavs PA announcer, I believe)

KingsFanWithoutName
04-23-2006, 12:57 AM
I am a King's Fan. Now before you get your panties in a bunch..............

let me introduce myself. The Kings fan without a name. This thread cracked me up. And most of you are hit the nail on the head with your assessments of kingsfans.com.

Any differing opinions, or player bashings are a strict no-no. :nope If you do this, you will be labeled a :troll and be :ban:ed. The lady mod is a complete bitch who does nothing but :wakeup and stroke off to the Kings. The only way to stay a member there is to :worthy: and stroke off with her. I tend to do a lot :drunk and :smokin so I'm a bit of a trouble maker and have run in to numerous problems over there. The site is really good for up to date inside info on trade rumors and whatnot, but that is it.

I'd like to invite those who have expressed their interest in some smack talk to check out sackings.com. This site is not moderated and anything goes. We've only got about three Laker fans to smack around and they get quite boring. It would be nice to have some fresh meat around. I'd like to talk some smack to you now, but the Kings just got their asses handed to them. I'm looking forward to a competitive game 2 and hope to see some of you on the "other" Kings site.

Peace

ObiwanGinobili
04-23-2006, 01:00 AM
This is great! I guess someone over there either found this thread or are just so pissed about losing that all Spurs fans are getting banned:

:lmao :lmao :lmao

hahahhah fuckign Nazi's.

I feel sorry for Kings fans who would like tot tlak BBall but don't have the VF21 guide to posting.

ObiwanGinobili
04-23-2006, 01:02 AM
And I found a reply to yours that was also funny.

To Rasho Nesterovic:

Letting the Kings dunk on you is a good thing, you will be on many highlight reels.

Layups and fairy floaters are your shots, don't change anything now. Dunking is overrated and you don't have hops anyways.

Continue standing up straight when playing defense, it is good posture and helps relieve stress on your back.

welcome Kings Fan :elephant
there are a couple more of you around here... Have fun & nice to see you for the playoffs!
you may even like to stick around after your 1st round exit seeing as how this site kicks so much ass :lol :tu

Tek_XX
04-23-2006, 01:05 AM
I registered as HorryFan, do you'll think they'll let me in?

missmyzte
04-23-2006, 01:06 AM
Here's another post that went with the one I originally posted:

To Rasho Nesterovic:

Letting the Kings dunk on you is a good thing, you will be on many highlight reels.

Layups and fairy floaters are your shots, don't change anything now. Dunking is overrated and you don't have hops anyways.

Continue standing up straight when playing defense, it is good posture and helps relieve stress on your back.
You see, the person who posted that GOT THE JOKE. I laughed at that. Truth be told, I actually like Rasho. His fairy floaters crack me up. But that's still dang funny.

And if someone posted that here, it wouldn't get you banned.

missmyzte
04-23-2006, 01:08 AM
I registered as HorryFan, do you'll think they'll let me in?
Y'all need to register with some kings-loving names so that your account is activated, and then show your true colors. You'll be banned quickly but at least you'll get in for some fun.

Iron Giant
04-23-2006, 01:13 AM
Nah..anything with "Horry" in it will likely result in an insta-ban.

You could do something obscure like "Andalusia's Own".....

Kori Ellis
04-23-2006, 01:15 AM
Obviously they run a strict ship there and I don't see what Misti did wrong. But oh well, it's their loss -- she's a great poster. Anyway, there's no point of any of you even trying to register there unless you are planning on playing by their rules. Going there to try to cause trouble is useless.

HAHA-That'sYourTeam??
04-23-2006, 01:16 AM
Hey everyone.. new here. I have to say that this is the funniest shit i've heard in a long time. I know you guys are getting banned left and right from the queens forum, but I may have something to top that. I am a die hard spurs fan since I was 5 and I actually got banned from another Spur's forum!! At spursreport.com. The mod spurssheriff got all pissy because I told some queens fan who had been talking shit all damn week that he didn't have to sleep friday night because the Spurs were gonna put his queens to sleep today. This little bastard actually accused me of making death threats!! For saying that the SPURS would put the KINGS to sleep today. Damn puss. So the mod started talking shit to me, and since I don't take well to that, basically let him know what he could do with his mod status. Spurs fan kicking fellow Spurs fan out of a Spurs forum because of a Kings fan - what's this damn world coming to. Anyway, good to see that people aren't uptight here, and if they are we can fuck with them until they cry. My kind of place. I should go to that queens forum and lay the 122 - 88 on thick. Maybe get banned in record time. :nutkick:

KingsFanWithoutName
04-23-2006, 01:18 AM
Obviously they run a strict ship there and I don't see what Misti did wrong. But oh well, it's their loss -- she's a great poster. Anyway, there's no point of any of you even trying to register there unless you are planning on playing by their rules. Going there to try to cause trouble is useless.
You are exactly right. Especially after a loss like this. Her PMS is off the charts tonight.

As I mentioned above...........check out sackings.com for some smack talking fun.

SequSpur
04-23-2006, 01:18 AM
8th seed Forum.

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-23-2006, 01:19 AM
8th seed Forum.

http://membres.lycos.fr/jpax/image/clapclap.gif

HAHA-That'sYourTeam??
04-23-2006, 01:22 AM
Hey king's fan... no offense to you. You seem like a guy who gets the joke and fun of this stuff. Wish more of 'em were like you.

KingsFanWithoutName
04-23-2006, 01:23 AM
I am a King's Fan. Now before you get your panties in a bunch..............

let me introduce myself. The Kings fan without a name. This thread cracked me up. And most of you are hit the nail on the head with your assessments of kingsfans.com.

Any differing opinions, or player bashings are a strict no-no. :nope If you do this, you will be labeled a :troll and be :ban:ed. The lady mod is a complete bitch who does nothing but :wakeup and stroke off to the Kings. The only way to stay a member there is to :worthy: and stroke off with her. I tend to do a lot :drunk and :smokin so I'm a bit of a trouble maker and have run in to numerous problems over there. The site is really good for up to date inside info on trade rumors and whatnot, but that is it.

I'd like to invite those who have expressed their interest in some smack talk to check out sackings.com. This site is not moderated and anything goes. We've only got about three Laker fans to smack around and they get quite boring. It would be nice to have some fresh meat around. I'd like to talk some smack to you now, but the Kings just got their asses handed to them. I'm looking forward to a competitive game 2 and hope to see some of you on the "other" Kings site.

PeaceI'm only quoting myself because while I was editing this, it got lost behind multiple posts. I'd like to thank those who have welcomed me here, even in the mood I'm in....................................... :depressed

yeah right, i've got plenty of :smokin and :drunk to keep the spirits up.

HAHA-That'sYourTeam??
04-23-2006, 01:26 AM
i've got to check out that kings forum for myself. Basketball and Socialism at its worst.

HAHA-That'sYourTeam??
04-23-2006, 01:38 AM
I like this one posted by Rome:

"I'm sorry VF21. I'm not trying to personally attack Brad Miller or any Kings players. I'm just trying to collect some ideas from people. This thread does not only reflect this game but the overall game of our center.

I just think that Brad is a center that's built for the season. It's not Brad's fault that he sucked today. Credit the Spurs for playing good defense on him by not allowing him to collect rebounds or make shots. IMO Brad is very easy to stop. You can put a small player on him and make him ineffective. Thus when you stop his only game which is making shots and passing then he doesn't have anything else that he can do. You can't count on him rebounding or blocking shots so what good is he when his shot and assists are taken away?"

It's not Brad's fault that he sucked today?? :lmao :lmao :lmao
What the hell is that? Sounds like they're talking about some poor 8 year old kid who shoots nothing but air balls. Like "its not little jimmy's fault he misses all of his shots. He's a sensitive boy." Oh man, if it's not Brad's fault that he is a worthless player then whose is it? Must be the government.

KingsFanWithoutName
04-23-2006, 01:48 AM
Brad Miller could be the one piece holding back my team from being a "true contender". Many fans of his praise his offense, but who really gives a shit about how good your centers offense is when he can't guard a man in a wheelchair. I'm hoping he is gone after the season, but only after he helps the Kings beat the Spurs.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-23-2006, 02:43 AM
"i've got to check out that kings forum for myself. Basketball and Socialism at its worst."

Ah, that forum has nothing to do with SOCIALISM bro, that is called AUTHORITARIANISM.

HAHA-That'sYourTeam??
04-23-2006, 03:00 AM
"i've got to check out that kings forum for myself. Basketball and Socialism at its worst."

Ah, that forum has nothing to do with SOCIALISM bro, that is called AUTHORITARIANISM.

"Many Marxists, past and present, use the term socialism to refer to the form of society that is supposed to replace capitalism and later develop into communism."

Communism - in theory for the betterment of the whole. In practice sacrifices the rights (and ideals) of the individual to benefit a so called "greater whole".

That was my little jab at the Kingsfan.com. They try to be righteous for the betterment of the entire forum yet in practice they are taking away the right for the individual to express an opinion different from theirs.

HAHA-That'sYourTeam??
04-23-2006, 03:01 AM
But who cares? Those people on that forum still crack me up.

polandprzem
04-23-2006, 04:13 AM
Wow accualy thay have some inteligent explanaitions (The mods).

Misty - nice find. As I can see you are a queen of forums as I saw you in may places :)

FBImisty:)

Dunc
04-23-2006, 07:37 AM
Man, I'm still waiting to get my account activated. Somebody must have told them what wallacex2 means.

ObiwanGinobili
04-23-2006, 08:09 AM
I know you guys are getting banned left and right from the queens forum, but I may have something to top that. I am a die hard spurs fan since I was 5 and I actually got banned from another Spur's forum!! At spursreport.com. The mod spurssheriff got all pissy

:lol thats nothing, 80% of the posters here have been banend from SR .. or as we call it "that other place". :lmao

But welcome! :princess

ALVAREZ6
04-23-2006, 08:25 AM
Before my first post at www.kingsfans.com , I am already banned!!!!

None

Sec24Row7
04-23-2006, 08:58 AM
I'm going to go register over there and bitch about how the spurs cheat the refs suck and yadda yadda yadda and laugh at everyone who agrees with me.

jochhejaam
04-23-2006, 09:07 AM
According to VF21 the Spurs play dirty...

Originally posted by VF21

And forwhatever it's worth we don't know what happened to cause him to have his pinkie and ring finger on his shooting hand bandaged shortly after the game started...

Artest gets smacked in the face by a Manu elbow.

Brad has to have his shooting hand taped up.

Bibby ends up with a large noticeable scrape on his forehead.

And this was just game 1...

:spin

CubanMustGo
04-23-2006, 09:41 AM
One more thing the Kings (and VF21) need after last night:

http://www.kotex.com/na/images/products/ovnt.gif

HAHA-That'sYourTeam??
04-23-2006, 12:24 PM
:lol thats nothing, 80% of the posters here have been banend from SR .. or as we call it "that other place". :lmao

But welcome! :princess

Thanks man... I'm glad I got banned and found this place. Before, I was thinking, man, surely not all of these Spurs fans could be this damn sensitive. Glad to know there are some who actually have some HUEVOS. I still laugh when I think of that puss that said I was making death threats... what a bitch. For those of you who are getting on the Queens forum his name there is Tyrant. Make sure to fucking let him know he's a bitch.

angel_luv
04-23-2006, 01:05 PM
Here's another post that went with the one I originally posted:

You see, the person who posted that GOT THE JOKE. I laughed at that. Truth be told, I actually like Rasho. His fairy floaters crack me up. But that's still dang funny.

And if someone posted that here, it wouldn't get you banned.

:D I knew you were good people.

Just for that I forgive your forementioned post, even though you forgot to apologise to me ahead of time. You just said sorry Rasho fan. Slacker!

Seriously girl! Way to :troll

Funny stuff!

ata
04-23-2006, 01:09 PM
Wow, I've just checked page. They are unreal; 1st round prediction = Kings in 7
http://www.kingsfans.com/component/option,com_poll/task,results/id,16/?mosmsg=Thanks+for+your+vote%21

RON ARTEST
04-23-2006, 01:10 PM
Before my first post at www.kingsfans.com , I am already banned!!!!
how the hell did that happen. did she know who you were?

Trainwreck2100
04-23-2006, 01:11 PM

His name was prob. Kings suck, ron artest is a pussy, etc...

RON ARTEST
04-23-2006, 01:16 PM
His name was prob. Kings sucked last night, peja is a pussy, etc...
if you wanted me to believe anything in that sentence thats what you should have said.

Ariel
04-23-2006, 01:24 PM
We aren't on a Spurs board hyping our players; in return, we expect that Spurs fans who come here don't hype theirs.

Ohhh... this is all too ironic :lol

If that moderator would care to find out who tyrant is... :lmao

He has 2K+ posts in another Spurs' board, and has provided comedic relief for the ages, with classic threads such as "don't crown the kings... yet", and many others... :lmao

He had 37 posts the day before the game, and we're still waiting to hear from him since...

infinite styles
04-23-2006, 01:30 PM
To go along with the post earlier about dude apologizing for critisizing Miller, I found this gem too...

The Personnel Moves forum is for trade talks, draft discussions, etc. It's not going to be closed.

Rome - Your initial post was full of a lot of venom about Miller. That's problematic at best. He's still a member of our team and we don't need to start bashing him for a bad performance.

That's gone on around way too much in the recent past. Webber received too much of it as did Peja.

You can criticize a player without resorting to bashing. I believe that was 6th's concern and it's certainly mine.

Vent over a frustrating playoff loss all you want but don't resort to attacking the guy wearing the Kings uniform in your anger.

People need to take down the anger a notch or two. There are a lot of things in life to get angry about. A basketball game shouldn't be one of them.

::VF21 drags soap box back into the corner::

Damn seeing all this makes me proud of Spurstalk. Does she send transcripts to the players of her forum or do they go on there cause she is truly concerned that they are going to read that stuff.

missmyzte
04-23-2006, 02:41 PM
Man, I'm still waiting to get my account activated. Somebody must have told them what wallacex2 means.
They found this thread, if you want to get your account activated, don't post your name here (and don't make it pro-Spurs).

missmyzte
04-23-2006, 02:42 PM
:D I knew you were good people.

Just for that I forgive your forementioned post, even though you forgot to apologise to me ahead of time. You just said sorry Rasho fan. Slacker!

Seriously girl! Way to :troll

Funny stuff!
I'm so sorry! I will take lots of good Rasho & Beno pics when I go to Sacramento this week :)

jochhejaam
04-23-2006, 03:03 PM
They found this thread, if you want to get your account activated, don't post your name here (and don't make it pro-Spurs).
So VF21 has seen me posting her quotes here?

:madrun

Dunc
04-23-2006, 03:49 PM

They even limit our freedom here. That shit pisses me off. Oh well, I guess I'll, um, give up :)

ALVAREZ6
04-23-2006, 04:24 PM
No.

I guess Spurs fans aren't allowed there.

Kori Ellis
04-23-2006, 04:25 PM
Like I said a few pages ago, there's no point even trying to go there unless you want to participate by their rules. They can choose how to run their place and we (really me :lol) will choose how to run this one.

LilMissSPURfect
04-23-2006, 04:46 PM
Like I said a few pages ago, there's no point even trying to go there unless you want to participate by their rules. They can choose how to run their place and we (really me :lol) will choose how to run this one.

I love AMERiiiiiCCCCA!

FromWayDowntown
04-23-2006, 04:53 PM
I wish, if those busybodies are coming over here to see what some are saying about them, that they'd have the courage to post their pro-Kings stuff here -- just like the Pistons fans post their pro-Pistons stuff here, and the Mavericks fans, and the Suns fans, and Nuggets fans did (last year), and Wolvesnotevena009seed.

That sort of stuff makes this place so much fun for all who participate.

IceColdBrewski
04-23-2006, 05:29 PM
Is this the same website that some of these Kings trolls were pimping as "the greatest NBA forum" or some such nonsense? What a joke. That woman is in serious need of a life. Talk about tense. You could stick a lump of coal up her ass and she would shit out a diamond.

I'm guessing that she's just too thin-skinned to handle a little smack talk. That's why she has her little clique of circle-jerkers, and bans anyone who hurts her precious little feelings.

Iron Giant
04-23-2006, 05:45 PM
I just went and read every recent thread at kingsfan...and I didn't note a single boob avatar. As a result, here are my forum grades:

Kingsfan = F (for freakishly obsessive)

Spurstalk = A, B, C, D, DD, etc.

We who usually lurk salute you.

SpursWoman
04-23-2006, 05:47 PM
One more thing the Kings (and VF21) need after last night:

http://www.kotex.com/na/images/products/ovnt.gif

Okay, why does every guy who rags (no pun intended) on a female who is being a bitch as having PMS, always post that she needs tampons, maxi pads or whatever? WTF? Those don't alleviate a damn part of the problem.

Bitch needs some

http://members.aol.com/montaukny/myhomepage/midol.jpg

CharlieMac
04-23-2006, 05:50 PM
Banning opposing views? That's not very liberal of Cali. :depressed

HAHA-That'sYourTeam??
04-23-2006, 06:09 PM
Okay, why does every guy who rags (no pun intended) on a female who is being a bitch as having PMS, always post that she needs tampons, maxi pads or whatever? WTF? Those don't alleviate a damn part of the problem.

Bitch needs some

Midol makes it all go away...

missmyzte
04-23-2006, 06:46 PM

Bitch needs some

LMAO

CubanMustGo
04-23-2006, 06:47 PM

Bitch needs some

Mea culpa. Midol for the bitch, 'tex for the Queens. K? :lol

Iron Giant
04-23-2006, 06:54 PM
Is it Midol that's required....

Or this?

http://video.movies.go.com/starwatch2000/sites/deucebigalow/assets/main/deuce.jpg
http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirolleyes.gif

Samr
04-23-2006, 06:56 PM
We're silver
And you're blue
Whatever you say bounces off us.....

SpursWoman
04-23-2006, 06:58 PM
Mea culpa. Midol for the bitch, 'tex for the Queens. K? :lol

:lol :lol

RON ARTEST
04-23-2006, 08:49 PM
Is this the same website that some of these Kings trolls were pimping as "the greatest NBA forum" or some such nonsense? What a joke. That woman is in serious need of a life. Talk about tense. You could stick a lump of coal up her ass and she would shit out a diamond.

I'm guessing that she's just too thin-skinned to handle a little smack talk. That's why she has her little clique of circle-jerkers, and bans anyone who hurts her precious little feelings.i hope that bitch dies. hey vf21 remember me bitch?

samikeyp
04-23-2006, 09:42 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao This is why SW rules!!

SpursIndonesia
04-24-2006, 05:51 AM

Can't argue about no 1 & 2, but actually, VF21 is a BIG time Spurs admirer overthere. Esp. toward DRob, TD, and coach Pop. :)

CubanMustGo
04-24-2006, 04:17 PM
VF and her crew have disabled new signups over at KingsFans, btw:

vBulletin Message

Sorry, registration has been disabled by the administrator.

So funny to read threads about how the NBA is always protecting SA, we get away with everything, etc. when they are the team that shot nearly 300 more FTs then their opponents during the regular season (SA shot 21 less than opponents).

Trainwreck2100
04-24-2006, 04:32 PM

I think it's messed up to ban someone before they even post

Dingle Barry
04-24-2006, 07:15 PM
This whore reminds me of the fat lonely woman who runs www.hornfans.com. I absolutely cannot stand petty people like these bitches who get off to controlling discussion. Unnerving.

Buddy Holly
04-24-2006, 07:21 PM
Holy shit, they banned me and this is the message they give... seriously:

None

Solid D
04-24-2006, 07:30 PM
http://members.aol.com/montaukny/myhomepage/midol.jpghttp://www.kotex.com/na/images/products/ovnt.gif

Muscle and Flow

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/paramount_classics/hustle___flow/terrence_dashon_howard/hustle4.jpg

ChumpDumper
04-24-2006, 07:32 PM
Holy shit, they banned me and this is the message they give... seriously:Serves you right for posting Slomo's pictures of the downtown Sacramento.

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-24-2006, 07:37 PM
Serves you right for posting Slomo's pictures of the downtown Sacramento.

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/style_emoticons/default/lmao.gif

exstatic
04-24-2006, 07:39 PM
LA LA LA LA!!!!
http://www.buddhamuseum.com/ivory-netsuke/hear-no-evil_2144.jpg

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-24-2006, 08:20 PM
I've lurked there some this year because I know Kenny Thomas and so I've followed his journey around the league.

It's a decent site. I'd give it a B- as far as fan sites go. The mods opinions tend to dominate and most everyone else on that site are cattle. But there is some decent info posted there.

MaNuMaNiAc
04-24-2006, 08:47 PM
http://www.kingsfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12112&page=8

LMAO!! I can't believe some idiots in that forum are actually blaming Artest suspension on Manu, stating that if Manu hadn't exagerated the blow nothing would have happened. They are even going so far as to call Manu dirty for having done that http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif Bunch of dumbasses!

They are completely missing the point! Artest should NOT have purposely hit Manu PERIOD! Perhaps the suspension was over the top, I don' know, but there sure is a lot of hate brewing against Manu simply because he "pulled his head back a bit TOO much" http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif Seriously, some people are just too dumb for thoughts!

MUMU
04-24-2006, 10:47 PM
mumu wonder which side of her sig describes the lady moderator?

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Either that ... or it reduces you to a quivering mass of gelatinous goo babbling in the corner."

mmmm... jello.... got spoon?

orhe
04-24-2006, 10:49 PM
hey stop insulting the site
VF21 has a vision on what the site should be (he's pretty consistent) and moderating it to that image...
plus the artest and manu incident... fans will be fans

MUMU
04-24-2006, 10:52 PM
mumu say VF21 still sira ng ulo.

Dunc
04-24-2006, 10:53 PM
VF21 has a vision on what the site should be (he's pretty consistent) and moderating it to that image...

Dictators tend to be consistent toward their vision. Look at Castro. Stalin. Extreme examples, no question, but simply having a vision and being consistent towards the realization of that vision doesn't make it a great site, lol. Kinda find the place to be a little obnoxious, and every time I go there I appreciate SpursTalk even more, which I think we can all agree upon.

Kings241
04-25-2006, 12:36 AM
KingsFans.com sucks. VF21 is the worst mod ever. As soon as you say something that she doesn't like she puts up her litte picture of her poking the troll and banning the person. Not to mention she's like 100 years old.

I went to there to post some trades that would get rid of Brad Miller and her little gang come in and start attacking my posts by saying "we need Brad Miller because of his offense".

RON ARTEST
04-25-2006, 12:41 AM
KingsFans.com sucks. VF21 is the worst mod ever. As soon as you say something that she doesn't like she puts up her litte picture of her poking the troll and banning the person. Not to mention she's like 100 years old.

I went to there to post some trades that would get rid of Brad Miller and her little gang come in and start attacking my posts by saying "we need Brad Miller because of his offense".
yup same thing happened to me when i tried to get rid of pejas dumb soft ass. how old is she exactly do you know?

Kings241
04-25-2006, 12:44 AM
yup same thing happened to me when i tried to get rid of pejas dumb soft ass. how old is she exactly do you know?

She's like 60 or 70. She mentioned being real old a while ago...

kris
04-25-2006, 12:59 AM
LA LA LA LA!!!!
http://www.buddhamuseum.com/ivory-netsuke/hear-no-evil_2144.jpg

Tim Duncan?

RON ARTEST
04-25-2006, 01:16 AM
She's like 60 or 70. She mentioned being real old a while ago...
good. that bitch is so fucking controling. i know shes a mod but she takes it to seriously.

Trainwreck2100
04-25-2006, 02:27 AM

Yeah but she banned me without me even posting, and I haven't said anything about that site on this site, so she banned me just cause I posted here, and some guy was looking for a gif of manu hitting Artest, and I was gonna tell him there isn't a good angle to see it at, but I couldn't cause I was banned

xcoriate
04-25-2006, 06:24 AM

jochhejaam
04-25-2006, 06:35 AM
good. that bitch is so fucking controling. i know shes a mod but she takes it to seriously.
Alright Ron, you've been warned about that kind of language before, 24 hour time-out for you!!

http://www.grudge-match.com/Images/taz.gif

VF21
Contributor

Spurs Dynasty
04-25-2006, 09:30 AM
After reading all these posts I had to check out KingsFans to see if it is really that bad...

...it really is that bad !

You must be a mindless dolt to post in there blindly heeding the silly posting rules. God forbid you actually have an opinion !!

If you want some decent discussion with Kings fans (not robots) checkout Kingstalk.com They will actually let you post and have an open discussion. I have registered there and posted and have some good, friendly back and forth with the Kings fans there.

Scobe
04-25-2006, 09:34 AM

ROME?? Is that you?? :lol

CubanMustGo
04-25-2006, 11:02 AM
Someone recommended kingstalk.com ... so I went to check it out. Yawn ... about two active threads, one of which is "I hate Ginobili" and the other a thread about the Artest suspension - and neither with as many as 100 posts. Maybe they're just not awake yet.

Way to represent, Obiwan Ginobili. :tu I'd bump your karma if I had any to share.

ironically the board nobody uses has a mechanism for contributing memberships and lifetime contributors ...

Spurs Dynasty
04-25-2006, 11:28 AM
Yeah, not so active, but you can get some discussion on KingsTalk. I am Obi Wan Ginobili there but someone already has that name here :(

island_dude
04-25-2006, 11:37 AM
http://www.kingsfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12117
Geez, these people need to call the suicide hotline or something. I got banned for making one sarcastic commment on there.
What a bunch of sensitive S.O.B.'s
vBulletin Message

None

MaNuMaNiAc
04-25-2006, 11:39 AM
I think they actually removed the register option in that forum. What a pathetic bunch of cowards!

Kori Ellis
04-25-2006, 11:41 AM
I think they actually removed the register option in that forum.

Yes, it looks like they did.

island_dude
04-25-2006, 11:42 AM
Yeah, they didn't like my comment about their one horse town, and need to call the suicide hotline. Those people have no life.

Spurs Dynasty
04-25-2006, 11:46 AM
What a bunch of wussies ! Even their fellow Kings fans think they look foolish.

I like this forum as we actually encourage individual thought and we welcome other fans opinions. Course, we Spurs fans are always right, but still we "tolerate" other opinions :spin :spin

MaNuMaNiAc
04-25-2006, 11:47 AM
The thing is, its not like any actual Spurs trolls went over there and insulted anyone. I know, I've been reading there for quite a while. The moderator just doesn't like any opinion that goes against the Kings. I'm almost sure she banned one guy for saying the Spurs were going to sweep, and the guy wasn't even a Spurs fan! :lmao She is beyond pathetic!

I suggest if anyone here wants to join a Kings forum that has some decent, classy Kings fans, they go to Kingstalk.com. Without a doubt 20 times better than that piece of crap KingsFans.com

Spurs Dynasty
04-25-2006, 12:00 PM
Has anyone actually engaged this pathetic moderator in conversation? Why have a forum if you are only allowed to praise the team and no other opinion is allowed? Isn't that what forums are for?

I have joined Sonics, Laker and Piston forums and have had some intelligent discussion with fans there. It is nice to see other fans' perspectives and I have learned a good deal about other teams this way. Ah, well...i guess it is her forum and she can be as silly as she damn well pleases. Be thankful for other forums in which you can post an opinion that is different that the dicatator...err, moderator.

Kori Ellis
04-25-2006, 12:04 PM
Not that I agree with their behavior there, but honestly it's their own forum -- whoever runs it can make whatever rules they want. For example, if I want to make a rule that everyone has to have a picture of a daisy in their avatar and you don't abide, I can ban you. If they want their forum to be all lollipops and roses type conversation about the Kings with no opposing opinions or fans from other teams there, then that's their right. It doesn't make for good conversation and it won't generate a lot of traffic (other than you guys gawking at their site :lol) but if that's what they want, then that's what they want.

polandprzem
04-25-2006, 12:07 PM
I suppose the daisy idea wouldn't be so bad for some users of ST. :D

travis2
04-25-2006, 12:08 PM
Must be "He Who Must Not Be Named"'s mom running the place...:lol

MaNuMaNiAc
04-25-2006, 12:10 PM
Not that I agree with their behavior there, but honestly it's their own forum -- whoever runs it can make whatever rules they want. For example, if I want to make a rule that everyone has to have a picture of a daisy in their avatar and you don't abide, I can ban you. If they want their forum to be all lollipops and roses type conversation about the Kings with no opposing opinions or fans from other teams there, then that's their right. It doesn't make for good conversation and it won't generate a lot of traffic (other than you guys gawking at their site :lol) but if that's what they want, then that's what they want.
I understand Kori. Its their forum, right? Fine they can ban me all they want, and I can diss them all I want for it. If they want to hide beneath a rock all their lives so as to not have to endure the criticism of other people, fine, but that isn't going to stop me from expressing my opinion about them being utterly PATHETIC!

I bet these people refrain from going to actual games so as to avoid having to witness the disgusting display of team spirit coming from the fans of the opposing teams. GOD FORBID they actually hear "Spurs in four" for they would go nuts!

Spurs Dynasty
04-25-2006, 12:10 PM

I dont think i like your tone, Kori. In fact, I am downright offended. I am reporting you ! :)

Despot
04-25-2006, 12:25 PM
I registered at that site a week ago and have been awaiting activation since. So, I login today to check the status of the account, and I find this:

None

Just to make it clear, I never posted there, not even once.
I wasn't planning on being an ass, just wanted to discuss.

Spurs Dynasty
04-25-2006, 12:35 PM
I registered at that site a week ago and have been awaiting activation since. So, I login today to check the status of the account, and I find this:

But you see, discussion is NOT ALLOWED there. You can only praise the Kings and make silly predictions that they might win this series.

Ok, on to better things, like will we win by 40+ points tonite?

MaNuMaNiAc
04-25-2006, 12:38 PM

its the moderator. She's ridiculous... I'm guessing she is a hermit or something!

Despot
04-25-2006, 01:07 PM
I can't believe that some of them are trying to argue that Duncan inflicted more damage to Ginobili than did Artest.

That's what it looked like to me to...shoulder first, then up to head. Manu's head really flies back when Duncan rams him .

They even edit all posts to this forum, I guess they are afraid the Kings fans will jump off a building and land on the Spurs bandwagon.

infinite styles
04-25-2006, 01:12 PM
None

And I never even posted there. Wow!!!

ShoogarBear
04-25-2006, 01:15 PM
Please_dont_ban_me should try to register there.

Scobe
04-25-2006, 01:17 PM
King's Fans:

Your team has been banned from winning a Championship for the following reason:
Your team is full of cry baby pussies.

Your ban will be lifted:
Never (unless you wise the :flipoff up and become a Spurs fan)

gay abc
04-25-2006, 01:31 PM
Sorry, registration has been disabled by the administrator.

RON ARTEST
04-25-2006, 02:12 PM
King's Fans:

Your team has been banned from winning a Championship for the following reason:
Your team is full of cry baby pussies.

Your ban will be lifted:
Never (unless you wise the :flipoff up and become a Spurs fan)
i know your not talking about championships. :lol i can see if you were a spurs fan but damn when i saw your team was the fucking magic i couldnt help but laugh for 20 minutes. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol when your team makes the playoffs maybe we can have a conversation. im sure your still not over losing shaq. :lol

ShoogarBear
04-25-2006, 02:26 PM
Actually, the Kings HAVE won an NBA championship.

In 1951, when they were the Rochester Royals. You can look it up. If the Lakers are going to count their titles in Minneapolis, then this one counts, too.

polandprzem
04-25-2006, 02:42 PM
Actually, the Kings HAVE won an NBA championship.

In 1951, when they were the Rochester Royals. You can look it up. If the Lakers are going to count their titles in Minneapolis, then this one counts, too.

Arnie Risen
Bob Davies
Bobby Wanzer
Arnie Johnson
Jack Coleman
Red Holzman
Bill Calhoun
Joe McNamee
Paul Noel
Pep Saul

That was the championship squad with 3 HOF They beat NYK in seven games with gallatin and Zaslofksy on the squad.

KingsFanWithoutName
04-25-2006, 04:18 PM
I understand Kori. Its their forum, right? Fine they can ban me all they want, and I can diss them all I want for it. If they want to hide beneath a rock all their lives so as to not have to endure the criticism of other people, fine, but that isn't going to stop me from expressing my opinion about them being utterly PATHETIC!

I bet these people refrain from going to actual games so as to avoid having to witness the disgusting display of team spirit coming from the fans of the opposing teams. GOD FORBID they actually hear "Spurs in four" for they would go nuts!You've committed a classic fallacy here with a hasty generalization.

You speak as if the all members of that forum think that way and you are far from being correct. This is one person who has banned you from the site. No other members had a say in the fact that you weren't allowed, so why not lump us all into one group. In fact, most members there would love to have some Spurs fans representing their team, and we are at a loss as well.

And to your comment about "these people actually refraining from going to games"...................what a load of shit. ARCO doesn't hold the sellout streak for people refraining from going to games.

NugzFan
04-25-2006, 04:37 PM
damn, that is fucked up what shes doing at kingsfans.com.

looks like she went through and just banned ANY spurs fans just for being spurs fans.

SpursWoman
04-25-2006, 04:47 PM
I suppose the daisy idea wouldn't be so bad for some users of ST. :D

I'd be happy to change mine to a daisy. I'll have to find a black & silver one first, though. :)

ALVAREZ6
04-25-2006, 05:02 PM
The moderator seems like a lesbian...

bdubya
04-25-2006, 05:39 PM
From that awful site:
'm hoping Kevin will turn-out like how Tyshaun Prince turned-out during the Orlando-Detroit series. I mean he was rookie back then and was the key to stopping T-Mac and won the 5 game series, down from 2-0.

You can't blame them for wishing. It's a great story line: a late first-round pick in his rookie year comes into the first round, controls the opponent's top scorer and saves the series? (Well, controls the top scorer anyhow; I think Martin'd need to do a lot more than that to save THIS series....)

bigzak25
04-25-2006, 06:09 PM
there's no place like home. :tu

Spurs Dynasty
04-25-2006, 06:12 PM
You've committed a classic fallacy here with a hasty generalization.

You speak as if the all members of that forum think that way and you are far from being correct. This is one person who has banned you from the site. No other members had a say in the fact that you weren't allowed, so why not lump us all into one group. In fact, most members there would love to have some Spurs fans representing their team, and we are at a loss as well.

And to your comment about "these people actually refraining from going to games"...................what a load of shit. ARCO doesn't hold the sellout streak for people refraining from going to games.

KingsFan: Welcome to Spurstalk, we appreciate and welcome opposing viewpoints here.

RON ARTEST
04-25-2006, 06:19 PM
You can't blame them for wishing. It's a great story line: a late first-round pick in his rookie year comes into the first round, controls the opponent's top scorer and saves the series? (Well, controls the top scorer anyhow; I think Martin'd need to do a lot more than that to save THIS series....)
this is his second year. but he is basically a rookie.

KingsFanWithoutName
04-25-2006, 06:36 PM
KingsFan: Welcome to Spurstalk, we appreciate and welcome opposing viewpoints here.
Thanks for the welcome. Tonights game should be fun, probably more fun for you guys, but who knows. Anything can happen.

ObiwanGinobili
04-25-2006, 10:23 PM
Yeah, not so active, but you can get some discussion on KingsTalk. I am Obi Wan Ginobili there but someone already has that name here :(

heheeh her :devil

I will sell it to you for 4 bags of cheetos and your soul. :tu

:lol j/k it;s mine forever.
coincidently there is another obiwan here with a space in it...... but he doesn;t rally post that often.
Me? I'm a post whore. :D

ObiwanGinobili
04-25-2006, 10:29 PM
http://www.kingsfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12117
Geez, these people need to call the suicide hotline or something. I got banned for making one sarcastic commment on there.
What a bunch of sensitive S.O.B.'s
vBulletin Message

None

wow. that thread is a giant jerk circle. :wow

MaNuMaNiAc
04-25-2006, 11:16 PM
You've committed a classic fallacy here with a hasty generalization.

Look bro, I NEVER said "they" meant "everyone in that forum", nor did I mean that! I was refering to that bitch of a moderator you guys have and the people that support her, which I know there are because I've read their posts. So quit acting like a fucking victim!

Oh and by the way, welcome to the forum!

samikeyp
04-25-2006, 11:23 PM
wow. that thread is a giant jerk circle

well they will have reason to spooge tonight.

ShoogarBear
04-26-2006, 12:25 AM
Site seems to be down right now. :smokin

Horry For 3!
04-26-2006, 12:39 AM
Site seems to be down right now. :smokin
Its back up now

Spurs Dynasty
04-26-2006, 06:08 PM
I have been in several Kings forums this week (KingsTalk, Kingsfans) and let me tell you, they are downright unhospitable. Don't go there with any opinion that crosses theirs as you will be pounced on and even have your membership cancelled, if they let any Spurs fans in. I understand Kingsfans won't allow Spurs fans in there.

Are there any intelligent Kings boards where they are not so testy? I would like to know. I enjoy hearing other fans viewpoints.

Trainwreck2100
04-26-2006, 06:11 PM
I have been in several Kings forums this week (KingsTalk, Kingsfans) and let me tell you, they are downright unhospitable. Don't go there with any opinion that crosses theirs as you will be pounced on and even have your membership cancelled, if they let any Spurs fans in. I understand Kingsfans won't allow Spurs fans in there.

Are there any intelligent Kings boards where they are not so testy? I would like to know. I enjoy hearing other fans viewpoints.

You were able to sign up for kingstalk?

2centsworth
04-26-2006, 06:12 PM
i don't get why people would want to go to other teams boards and post?

Spurs Dynasty
04-26-2006, 06:13 PM
Yes, i WAS in Kingstalk, i apparently have been cancelled. I only posted once, and it was very friendly posting. I dont understand their hostility.

AlamoSpursFan
04-26-2006, 06:14 PM
Looks like it sucks.

Funny pic though...

http://www.kingstalk.com/images/storyimg.jpg

Kori Ellis
04-26-2006, 06:15 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38978

Spurs Dynasty
04-26-2006, 06:16 PM

I like to get other teams fan's perspectives, i find it interesting. But, wow, they really have their panties in a wad over there.

Obstructed_View
04-26-2006, 06:20 PM

If you go looking for Kings boards AFTER the Spurs win two games, I wouldn't expect them to like you. If the Spurs had lost the first two games, I'd pretty much hate every asshole with a Kings signature that suddenly showed up on this board.

Honestly, what do you expect their viewpoint to be? They wanted their team to win. Besides, why do you need to log in to get their "perspective"?

Spurs Dynasty
04-26-2006, 06:25 PM
If you go looking for Kings boards AFTER the Spurs win two games, I wouldn't expect them to like you. If the Spurs had lost the first two games, I'd pretty much hate every asshole with a Kings signature that suddenly showed up on this board.

Honestly, what do you expect their viewpoint to be? They wanted their team to win. Besides, why do you need to log in to get their "perspective"?

Well, i am not in there gloating over the wins, just listening and commenting to their viewpoints. I have lots of Mavs friends since i lived there for 10 years and we love to discuss games (I am sure there will be some friendly shit talking next round) it adds to the experience.

LOL - I wouldnt hate Kings posters just for discussing game if the situation were reversed, unless they were smacktalking. We have fans from round the country in here discussing games and we "live and let live" far as I can tell. Guess I will give the Kings fans a pass and wait for next round for intelligent discourse.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-26-2006, 06:29 PM
I like to get other teams fan's perspectives, i find it interesting. But, wow, they really have their panties in a wad over there.

Lurk. If you just want to read their opinions you don't have to join.

Sounds like you want a chance to gloat.

Obstructed_View
04-26-2006, 06:31 PM
Well, i am not in there gloating over the wins, just listening and commenting to their viewpoints.
Did you register as "Spurs Dynasty"? Do you really need this explained to you?

Spurs Dynasty
04-26-2006, 06:32 PM
Lurk. If you just want to read their opinions you don't have to join.

Sounds like you want a chance to gloat.

NO NO NO. I dont gloat, unbecoming. Your advice is probobly good tho, I will give the Kings forums a pass. Sad.

Spurs Dynasty
04-26-2006, 06:34 PM
Did you register as "Spurs Dynasty"? Do you really need this explained to you?

Yes, please, I am a little slow :)

Scobe
04-26-2006, 07:15 PM
I just read the crazy "armaggedon" talk that goes on in the kings forums, when i have an extra minute or two. Just my personal opinion, but I don't have anything to say to them. I remember 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004 when we were getting the back end of this thing... so i just leave 'em alone.

Sec24Row7
04-26-2006, 07:27 PM
I registered there and have yet to be banned.

blaze89
04-26-2006, 07:33 PM
Funny pic though...

http://www.kingstalk.com/images/storyimg.jpg

I COMMAND YOU TO DRIVE TO THE BASKET!

samikeyp
04-26-2006, 08:44 PM
I don't see a problem with going to other teams boards as long as you are going for good debate. We have quite a few Pistons fans here that are really good to talk with. That mod at KingsFans has her own little world and if she wants to stay narrow minded, she has that right. Her site, her rules.

KingsFanWithoutName
04-26-2006, 09:29 PM
Are there any intelligent Kings boards where they are not so testy? I would like to know. I enjoy hearing other fans viewpoints.I don't know if its an "intelligent" board, but you will have no problem registering at sackings.com. Anything goes there.

word
04-26-2006, 09:30 PM
They do a proper job of beating themselves up by what I've read. Looks like they have some good loyal fans. Most of 'em, if not all, are pretty disgusted with the way they lost game 2, as anyone would be.

I'll also add that unless you were a Bulls fan in the 90's or a UCLA BB fan in the 60's, basically winning a title is a pretty rare thing. Just by odds and the nature of sports, you're going to be dissapointed far more than elated.

Since I am primarily a CFB fan and a Texas fan, my satisfaction for the year, at least for the next 7 months, pretty much can't be spoiled. The spurs could have gotten bounced in a sweep against the Kings and I'd just slap in the Rose Bowl DVD with a big ol' grin on my face.

Darrin
04-26-2006, 09:36 PM

Because when you say something nice about your team and bad about another, there isn't a series of head nods. You get an opposing fanbase's opinion and it challenges you.

Darkwaters
04-26-2006, 10:13 PM
Hornets fans have been dealing with that all season. The New Orleans fans and the Oklahoma City fans have been at war all this time over the same team.

Hornetsreport.com bans anybody that says anything sympathetic towards Oklahoma City and does not blindly kiss NOLA's butt. The OKC forum is more tolerant however.

Sound familiar?

Pistons < Spurs
04-26-2006, 10:15 PM

I don't get it either!

ShoogarBear
04-26-2006, 10:17 PM
boobies

SequSpur
04-26-2006, 10:24 PM
WGAF about other forums.

word
04-26-2006, 10:25 PM
Hornets fans have been dealing with that all season. The New Orleans fans and the Oklahoma City fans have been at war all this time over the same team.

Hornetsreport.com bans anybody that says anything sympathetic towards Oklahoma City and does not blindly kiss NOLA's butt. The OKC forum is more tolerant however.

Sound familiar?

New Orleans fans of all their teams are defending turf. How would you feel if your city was nearly wiped out and suddenly a few cities descended on your teams like vultures trying to steal them away ? You wouldn't like it.

Obstructed_View
04-26-2006, 10:35 PM
New Orleans fans of all their teams are defending turf. How would you feel if your city was nearly wiped out and suddenly a few cities descended on your teams like vultures trying to steal them away ? You wouldn't like it.
Those same cities are also taking in the citizens and sending money and aid to help rebuild a city that EVERYBODY KNEW was going to end up destroyed if it ever got hit by a hurricane. If I lived there and didn't have other shit to worry about than the fucking sports teams, I'd count myself lucky and shut up.

word
04-26-2006, 10:45 PM
Harsh

San Antonio took in 25,000 of New Orleans 1.6 million MSA population. OKC I'm sure even less.

Hey, people of New Orleans, 'SHUT THE FUCK UP AND FEEL LUCKY.'

LOL !!! You should run for office. These days you'd probably win in a landslide.

T Park
04-26-2006, 10:50 PM
We didn't have to take em in.

They should be focusing on fixing other things before worrying about the Hornets or the Saints.

word
04-26-2006, 10:58 PM
Yeah we wouldn't want anyone from New Orleans watching sports. But you illustrate my belief of how unempathetic and self centered Americans have become.

Vashner
04-26-2006, 11:09 PM
Gee we rip there hearts out and you expect a welcome mat?

Duff McCartney
04-26-2006, 11:35 PM
I remember going to one Lakers forum back in 03 and my god was the moderator there a douche.

Not only did the guy hate opposing Spurs fans..whenever he got owned in his arguments he would purposely edit the posters post and write something stupid on there. It was ridiculous.

KingsFanWithoutName
04-26-2006, 11:45 PM
Look bro, I NEVER said "they" meant "everyone in that forum", nor did I mean that! I was refering to that bitch of a moderator you guys have and the people that support her, which I know there are because I've read their posts. So quit acting like a fucking victim!

Oh and by the way, welcome to the forum!Cool then. It just sounded as if that is what you thought. Thanks for the welcome and I'm hardly a "victim".

Obstructed_View
04-26-2006, 11:51 PM
Harsh

San Antonio took in 25,000 of New Orleans 1.6 million MSA population. OKC I'm sure even less.

Hey, people of New Orleans, 'SHUT THE FUCK UP AND FEEL LUCKY.'

LOL !!! You should run for office. These days you'd probably win in a landslide.
Yeah, those selfish fuckers in Texas and Oklahoma taking in hundreds of thousands of people from a storm-ravaged city and then daring to suggest that someone count their blessings. How heartless!

exstatic
04-26-2006, 11:53 PM
Yeah we wouldn't want anyone from New Orleans watching sports. But you illustrate my belief of how unempathetic and self centered Americans have become.
It's not like they were watching before. Didn't the Hornets average about 8000 per contest? I know the Saints were in the bottom half of attendance.

Obstructed_View
04-26-2006, 11:58 PM
Just out of curiosity, where exactly were the sports teams going to play in this ideal world of yours? Since their stadiums were damaged, I'm just curious as to what you think would have been a better solution. I suppose they could have bulldozed the debris off of a parking lot and put up goals for the Hornets to play on, but then you want people in New Orleans watching sports, and that ain't gonna happen if there are no seats.

There has never been any question that the Hornets are going back to New Orleans when everything is fixed. There should not, therefore, be any reason for anyone in New Orleans to be spewing venom in every direction.

exstatic
04-27-2006, 12:15 AM
Both teams will go back to NO. I believe that both teams will untimately leave. They just don't want to look like dicks, but I think both teams were on their way out before Katrina.