PDA

View Full Version : Rick Fox picks Spurs/ SAS picks DET.

ObiwanGinobili
04-21-2006, 10:46 PM
On Quite Frankly, Rick Fox picks San Antonio to win the Finals.
The only guest to do so too..... one guy even picked Miami :rolleyes

SAS is picking Spurs too.....
(eta: he teased that he was picking spurs , but he picked DET instead)

is it just me or do those types of endorsements feel like a big jinx??

1Parker1
04-21-2006, 10:47 PM
Steven A Smith is picking the Spurs? Is he :drunk?

ObiwanGinobili
04-21-2006, 10:49 PM
Well he hinted to that before the commercial break.. i'm just waiting for him to commit.
If he backs out I'll edit my post.

:lol
whatever he's :smokin it;ls been laced with a bit o' TRUTH. :tu BELIEVE

ObiwanGinobili
04-21-2006, 11:02 PM
SAS picks Pistons v Heat for eastern conf. finals Pistons win.

for Western conf. finals Spurs v Suns.. and Spurs to win.

NBA Finals - Pistons.
yep.. he faked us out in the pre-commercial teaser.
He picked the pistons becasue they have a 'chip on thier shoulder'

1Parker1
04-21-2006, 11:03 PM

NBA Finals - Pistons.

:lol I knew it.

Tek_XX
04-21-2006, 11:06 PM
SAS always goes for the blacker team, ya'll should know that by now. But you know what let's go ahead and play the games anyway.

ObiwanGinobili
04-21-2006, 11:09 PM
I feel so much better now knowing that SAS did not pick the Spurs. I really don't want his loud volume voodoo fucking us up.

Now if only Rick Fox would put his love on the Suns or somethign.....

T-Pain
04-21-2006, 11:11 PM
Fox is the second guest on his show to pick the spurs to win it all. Ice Cube was the first

T-Pain
04-21-2006, 11:11 PM
i had a whole thread on it until it got deleted

infinite styles
04-21-2006, 11:50 PM
Earlier SAS said (excuse me...YELLED!!!) that the Spurs were boring, and thats why nobody takes them seriously. Everybody says that and its funny cause they keep winning. Skip Bayless this morning predicted a SA/NJ finals and that he would be the only one watching because he loves the two teams. Go figure. I love basketball whether its fast or slow. Who cares. I like how PHO runs up and down the court but really what has it gotten them so far...a whole lot of fans but no rings and I thought that thats what you play for? I do believe that race plays a factor into the whole thing but I ain't getting into that tonight cause its not worth it. But on the real SAS goes for whats popular.

spurs=bling
04-21-2006, 11:52 PM
i don't care what that shit talking of SAS says. if only one day that i go to SA that i would see him on the street....IF ONLY.

Mrs.Tlong
04-21-2006, 11:58 PM
I boycott SAS because he doesn't buy wool.

Trainwreck2100
04-22-2006, 12:05 AM
BTW Charles jumped on the Det. wagon on PTI, which is a good thing cause in 03 after a year of calling the spurs to win, he switched to the Nets.

Obstructed_View
04-22-2006, 12:13 AM
I seem to recall hating that everybody and their brother picked the Spurs at the beginning of the season. I love that they are back to being overlooked and underdogged.

A-Train
04-22-2006, 12:25 AM
There are kisses of death flying around for both the Spurs and Pistons.

Jimcs50
04-22-2006, 12:44 AM
There are kisses of death flying around for both the Spurs and Pistons.

I am picking the Spurs.

A-Train
04-22-2006, 12:45 AM
As I said...

MaNuMaNiAc
04-22-2006, 01:41 AM
I am picking the Spurs.
fuck... :depressed

Spurzilla
04-22-2006, 04:12 AM
SAS picks Pistons v Heat for eastern conf. finals Pistons win. for Western conf. finals Spurs v Suns.. and Spurs to win.

NBA Finals - Pistons.

The other night SAS had Chauncey Billups on the show and SAS said he has been wrong about the winner of the Finals the past two years.... first he picked the Lakers to win it all 2 yrs ago, but then the Pistons won. Then last year he picked the Pistons but the Spurs won. So Chauncey told SAS to pick the Spurs to win it all and then the Pistons would win this year. That's why he "teased" about choosing the Spurs. In reality, he is choosing the Pistons. I guess he just can't bring himself to really say he is picking the Spurs to win it all!!! LOL. Good! He can be wrong again this year.

Gin N Juice
04-22-2006, 09:00 AM
On Quite Frankly, Rick Fox picks San Antonio to win the Finals.
The only guest to do so too..... one guy even picked Miami :rolleyes
SAS is picking Spurs too.....
(eta: he teased that he was picking spurs , but he picked DET instead)

is it just me or do those types of endorsements feel like a big jinx??

Yeah that one guy being John Starks, does he watch the games or just the highlights on espn.

LilMissSPURfect
04-22-2006, 09:08 AM
SAS is a WEEEEEEEnie on crack!

admack35
04-22-2006, 09:22 AM
SAS always goes for the blacker team, ya'll should know that by now. But you know what let's go ahead and play the games anyway.

That was hilarious.

GrandeDavid
04-22-2006, 09:49 AM

NBA Finals - Pistons.

I can see his rationale, but I don't know if chips on shoulders aid in shooting strokes. If the Pistons hit cold stretches due to what will prove to be a lively, fired up Spurs defense, and on the counter, if guys like Brent Barry and Mike Finley can add some three point shooting, then I don't know how much chips will help.

Hey, its not like the Spurs will show up pussed out. They know they are considered rather heavy underdogs, something that's gotta sting the pride of defending champs. The Spurs might be the ones with a chip as well due to those early season injury-tinged debacles against Detroit. I think the Spurs would love to meet Detroit again.

Hook Dem
04-22-2006, 10:03 AM
QUITE FRANKLY.....who gives a fuck what SAS thinks! :lol

ALVAREZ6
04-22-2006, 10:08 AM
Rick Fox is the biggest moron when it comes to basketball predictions. I watched the Quite Frankly episode with him last night, he really is retarded.

Rick said that the Lakers would win it all, but he also said that the Lakers and Spurs would be in the western conference finals. But he never said who would win that series, fuckin moron, how are the Lakers gonna win in it all without even predicting that they win the WCF?

They talked about other basketball stuff, and Fox really had no idea WTF he was talking about, it's like he never played basketball before.

JamStone
04-22-2006, 10:13 AM
This goes for all fans on many different messageboards ...

I don't understand why fans get so upset over some media person's predictions or opinions. They are just that ... opinions. They are not automatic forecasts or unrivaled fact. Opinions. People have biases. People have opinions. You don't have to agree with them.

ALVAREZ6
04-22-2006, 10:16 AM

I don't understand why fans get so upset over some media person's predictions or opinions. They are just that ... opinions. They are not automatic forecasts or unrivaled fact. Opinions. People have biases. People have opinions. You don't have to agree with them.
:tu

If you're gonna get mad about Steven A. Smith making bad predictions, then you will be mad for your entire life.

ObiwanGinobili
04-22-2006, 10:46 AM

The only reason I care is that I think that certain sports news media types (SAS, Walton, Woody..) are big Jinxing douchebags and I would prefer if they did not pick our team for anything.

i'm a good luck/bad luck/mojo believer.

Gin N Juice
04-22-2006, 11:25 AM
The only reason I care is that I think that certain sports news media types (SAS, Walton, Woody..) are big Jinxing douchebags and I would prefer if they did not pick our team for anything.

i'm a good luck/bad luck/mojo believer.

Totally agree picoso, they have been very successful being underestimated.