PDA

View Full Version : proud to be spurs fan..? state here why..

charmie21
04-22-2006, 12:18 PM
honestly, i have nothing in my mind right now except this phrase:

i am so proud to be a spurs fan.

every time i see timmy, he never ceases to make me smile.. he's the main reason i supported this ball club.. but along the way, i got to love them all.. we are the most international among all the teams but despite of that, every Spur managed to put aside all their differences and shared a common goal, and that is TO WIN. What is more beautiful is that they win for each other and for us fans as well.. they are not selfish and that sets them apart the others.

those are just few of the many reasons why i love them..

so guys, what's yours..?

SAGambler
04-22-2006, 12:38 PM
We are so lucky to have the team we have. Not only do these guys give us endless thrills for several months a year, but as individuals, and as a team and organization, they are among the elite of professional sports.

They give back to the community at every turn. Given the hectic schedule they have, that is saying a lot. I mean, how many people would get off a plane at 3 or 4 in the morning and then meet with a bunch of kids or something at 9 or 10? But these guys do things like that.

They are probably the most unselfish players in the league. No stat padding with these guys. They win as a team and lose as a team. You can't say that about a lot of professional sports teams, where one person is the hero or the goat.

That is why you will never see any "bad boys" in a Spurs uniform. It's not tolerated here.

I am just proud to root for a team like the Spurs. A great bunch of guys, going after their profession like professionals. No "look at me, I'm a superstar" attitude here.

We are lucky as a city to have this bunch. Let's hope it never ends.

Leetonidas
04-22-2006, 12:39 PM
I'm proud to be a Spurs fan because this is my city and no one can take that away.

Sec24Row7
04-22-2006, 12:48 PM
Because the fishing holes are never crowded around here til after June. (and I like to fish)

SoCalSpursFan
04-22-2006, 12:49 PM
*sung to the chorus of 'I'm Proud to Be an American'*

im proud to be a spurs fan

cause at least i know i've got 3

i wont forget the men who are trying to give us a repeat

so ill proudly stand up, next to you, and hope we play good defense today...

'cause there aint no doubt I love this teammmmmmmm

God Bless the Spurs of S.A!

SenorSpur
04-22-2006, 01:00 PM
Hometown affiliation. Born there, grew up there and moved away.

With their no nonsense brand of winning and community service, the Spurs have represented the sport of basketball and the city very well. Not to mention those 3 NBA Championship trophies.

themvp
04-22-2006, 02:11 PM
Because of Tim Duncan,
Because of Spurs organization,
Because of Spurs fans.

samikeyp
04-22-2006, 02:23 PM
As someone who has lived here all but 4 years of my 36....I grew up with the Spurs. They were and still are my hometown team. To me...hometown loyalty is everything. As a huge sports fan, the Spurs are the only big league team that is puro San Antonio. The Spurs and their players have always been fan friendly and great to the community. There have been Spurs players of questionable character...even the Iceman had his demons (but got his life turned around), but for the most part the players have been good guys and a lot of them made SA their home and treated it as such. The organization has embraced the city and the city embraced back.

That is why I am a Spurs fan...through good and bad.

sanman53
04-22-2006, 03:19 PM
The Admiral, David Robinson!

alamo50
04-22-2006, 03:37 PM
Spurs fans are the best fans!

:flag: