04-22-2006, 07:13 PM
Yeah, let's hear it. AIIRRRBALLLLL... :rolleyes

TDMVPDPOY
04-22-2006, 07:56 PM
statpadder

danyel
04-23-2006, 01:08 AM
was Lebrons first playoff game?

he got a triple double, not a bad way to start...

atxrocker
04-23-2006, 01:32 AM
yeah, props. lets see him win the fucking series. what a perennial fuckin loser.

E20
04-23-2006, 02:29 AM
was Lebrons first playoff game?

he got a triple double, not a bad way to start...
2nd Youngest to have a Triple-Double in the Playoffs, just passed Clyde Drexler and below Magic Johnson. Also, the only other besides Johnson, to get a Triple-Double his 1st playoff game. Good company.

T-Pain
04-23-2006, 03:33 AM
Keep on sipping that Haterade.

http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/9057/2leb4025pb.jpg
yes sir, Im a big LeBron fan

Winnipeg_Spur
04-23-2006, 04:01 AM
yeah, props. lets see him win the fucking series. what a perennial fuckin loser.
WTF? He's three years removed from high school, and by the end of the first round he'll probably have won as many playoff series in that period of time as the Kings.
Personally, I'm just curious if that one title in 1951 (as the Rochester Royals :lol) prevents the Kings from being "perennial fuckin loser[s]."

Dunc
04-23-2006, 07:49 AM
How many minutes did he play after the game was decided? Not a sarcastic question, I actually don't know cuz I got home when there were about 3 minutes left, and I seem to recall it being a 16 point game or something and LeBron was still in there. Could be wrong.

Dunc
04-23-2006, 07:53 AM
Just found out the answer to my question. He played 48 minutes. Very nice, Mike Brown.

mike detroit
04-23-2006, 09:26 AM
coming from someone that hated him when he came into the league, Lebron is sick

ForestBrain
04-23-2006, 09:59 AM
Don't hate Lebron, just think he gets too much praise. That's not good for a person.

1Parker1
04-23-2006, 11:36 AM
Don't hate Lebron, just think he gets too much praise. That's not good for a person.

:tu Not that it's not good for a person. But that was just his first playoff game ever...and yes he was spectacular, however the hype and praise that he received prior to even entering his first playoff game was a bit too much. Guys like Jordan, Shaq, Kobe, etc. earned their dues in the postseason. I have no doubt that Lebron will also in the future...the guy is crazy good and he's only what 20?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-23-2006, 11:39 AM
You're right about the praise. But I think Lebron will be fine after he racks up the (footnote worthy) initial "Youngest Player to Ever" awards. If he's like a Wade or Manu type where they're just naturally themselves and don't let that stuff get to their head, then he'll back up the hype in his game.

I like Lebron. I thought he'd be another hyped "next " Michael, but he really is talented and can only get better. He's not just all for show and immediately self-satisfied like the other ones. He wants to win for the team, a real team player. He just needs one or two more seasons of experience and he's set.

Trainwreck2100
04-23-2006, 11:39 AM
statpadder

agreed

spurofthemoment
04-23-2006, 11:49 AM
WTF? He's three years removed from high school, and by the end of the first round he'll probably have won as many playoff series in that period of time as the Kings.
Personally, I'm just curious if that one title in 1951 (as the Rochester Royals :lol) prevents the Kings from being "perennial fuckin loser[s]."
awesome comeback Winnipeg Spur I was thinking the same thing pretty dumb to talk about Lebron when the Sacramento Kings are your team who the Spurs just added to their kick your ass up and down the court club,,,oh and the sight of Robert Horry at the 3pt arc wont make it any better Losers

ForestBrain
04-23-2006, 12:55 PM
Lebron is EXTREMELY talented. He is better than Kobe, he has a better FG %, gets more rebounds, more assists. He is much more team oriented. He is all team oriented. But the stinking media is going to mess him up because they constantly sing his praises. There was a commercial that said: "We celebrate you, Lebron, we praise you Lebron". That is SO bad for a player. Pride in yourself is bad. Turns you into a selfish egomaniac. To be humble is the greatest thing a person can be. Look at the Spurs. Look how good they are, look what they have won. They are all humble. Same goes for the Pistons. But look at what has happened to Kobe and Shaq. Yes, they get tons of praises from the media, but look at what has happened to the Lakers. They aren't going to beat the Suns. And Miami isn't that good, they just get all the praise because they have Shaq.

timvp
04-23-2006, 01:02 PM
Lebron is EXTREMELY talented. He is better than Kobe, he has a better FG %, gets more rebounds, more assists. He is much more team oriented. He is all team oriented. But the stinking media is going to mess him up because they constantly sing his praises. There was a commercial that said: "We celebrate you, Lebron, we praise you Lebron". That is SO bad for a player. Pride in yourself is bad. Turns you into a selfish egomaniac. To be humble is the greatest thing a person can be. Look at the Spurs. Look how good they are, look what they have won. They are all humble. Same goes for the Pistons. But look at what has happened to Kobe and Shaq. Yes, they get tons of praises from the media, but look at what has happened to the Lakers. They aren't going to beat the Suns. And Miami isn't that good, they just get all the praise because they have Shaq.

LeBron has been dealing with the media since he was like 15 years old. He was a superstar by his sophomore year in high school. If he hasn't been messed up yet, I think he's safe from here on out.

LeBron is the best thing to happen to basketball since peaches.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-23-2006, 01:06 PM
LeBron is going to avg 40 10 and 10 this postseason

Marklar MM
04-23-2006, 03:03 PM

Yup...as long as he continues to average 48 minutes a game.

ForestBrain
04-23-2006, 04:01 PM
LeBron has been dealing with the media since he was like 15 years old. He was a superstar by his sophomore year in high school. If he hasn't been messed up yet, I think he's safe from here on out.
I sure hope so.

E20
04-23-2006, 07:37 PM
statpadder

agreed
Like David Robinson right?

TOP-CHERRY
04-24-2006, 01:38 PM
^To reach a milestone. He also always put the team first before any personal accomplishments. Don't even compare those two.

T-Pain
04-24-2006, 02:00 PM

your right on track, just had a triple-double in G1

Pero
04-24-2006, 02:08 PM
^To reach a milestone. He also always put the team first before any personal accomplishments. Don't even compare those two.

And Lebron is going for personal accomplishments?

TOP-CHERRY
04-24-2006, 02:20 PM
Actually, I didn't even mean to go into comparing those two players. What I wanted to imply is that the only time Robinson ever "padded" his stats.. in that case, just his ppg, was to reach a milestone. Because we all know he always put his team before anything. So it isn't really fair to accuse him of being a statpadder when he only did that once; he'd always been an unselfish player.

Dre_7
04-24-2006, 02:47 PM

Did I miss something? Did Lebrons team lose by 34??? :lol

Pero
04-24-2006, 03:33 PM
:lol :lol :lol

Pero
04-24-2006, 03:34 PM
Actually, I didn't even mean to go into comparing those two players. What I wanted to imply is that the only time Robinson ever "padded" his stats.. in that case, just his ppg, was to reach a milestone. Because we all know he always put his team before anything. So it isn't really fair to accuse him of being a statpadder when he only did that once; he'd always been an unselfish player.

Oh, sorry. :)

Obstructed_View
04-24-2006, 04:53 PM
Just to play devil's advocate, how did Robinson's team do that year in the playoffs? If you think that's unfair, it is, but so is implying that James isn't trying to help his team win.

I hated the LBJ hype machine more than anything starting when he was in high school and they showed his games on ESPN. His play and his demeanor has won me over. I still think he needs to be a better teammate, as I rarely see him high five his teammates or give them props for a good pass or a good play. He's still a phenomenal talent and fun to watch.

E20
04-24-2006, 05:37 PM
How is Lebron putting his team before him? How do you know? Did you ask him? Did he say that? Is his team complaining?

It's like this people:

When you're the teams star player everybody, including your teammates and coaches, expect you to score, pass, rebound, play defense, whatever it takes to win the game.

"It's not Larry Hughes, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Donyell Marshall's, Damon Jones, Eric Snow's, or Ira Newbie's fault if the Cavs lose, it's Lebrons."

tlongII
04-24-2006, 06:03 PM
LeBron is the best player in the league. End of story. Soon he will be recognized on the same level of greatness as MJ and Magic.

Obstructed_View
04-24-2006, 06:55 PM
LeBron is the best player in the league. End of story. Soon he will be recognized on the same level of greatness as MJ and Magic.
I agree, but even those guys didn't win championships without hall of famers on their team.

TOP-CHERRY
04-24-2006, 11:09 PM
Just to play devil's advocate, how did Robinson's team do that year in the playoffs? If you think that's unfair, it is, but so is implying that James isn't trying to help his team win.

I hated the LBJ hype machine more than anything starting when he was in high school and they showed his games on ESPN. His play and his demeanor has won me over. I still think he needs to be a better teammate, as I rarely see him high five his teammates or give them props for a good pass or a good play. He's still a phenomenal talent and fun to watch.
The only thing that annoyed me about the post I responded to was that Robinson was being labeled a statpadder when he only did that once to reach a rare accomplishment as a player, when he had always put the team first.

I should've just said that, instead of including James in my post. It had nothing to do with him.

Obstructed_View
04-25-2006, 01:49 AM
The only thing that annoyed me about the post I responded to was that Robinson was being labeled a statpadder when he only did that once to reach a rare accomplishment as a player, when he had always put the team first.

I should've just said that, instead of including James in my post. It had nothing to do with him.
Understood. :)