PDA

View Full Version : I thought it was funny, was it bad?

Slydragon
04-22-2006, 07:15 PM
From the kings board

"Bruce Bowen just showed a lot of class in the post-game interview with Koz.

Even he commented that Nazr was way out of line in shooting that three. I would honestly not be surprised to see Pop take some kind of action against him.

I will give credit again. Pop had his team out and ready to play. Bowen made a good point, however. "We didn't do anything yet. A team in the playoffs is supposed to win on their home court."

A-Train
04-22-2006, 07:16 PM
Pop was piss and vinegar today. He was chewing out Artest at one point in the game.

E20
04-22-2006, 07:16 PM
It's funny because, they showed a view of the bench and I saw a number of Spurs players laughing and joking when that happend, Bruce included............

ChumpDumper
04-22-2006, 07:17 PM
They were laughing about how red Pop was going to turn.

Dunc
04-22-2006, 07:17 PM
Nazr took a 3? That's awesome. Not something to do in a playoff game, mind you, but funny.

Tek_XX
04-22-2006, 07:19 PM
Nasty was wide open, doesn't he have a right to take that shot

SoCalGirlMeronKirsHamm
04-22-2006, 07:20 PM
I'm watching FSN and Pop just dodged that question.

Sometimes these player don't think when caught up in the moment.

Poor Nazr was damned if he did or damned if he didn't.

Go Spurs!

Obstructed_View
04-22-2006, 07:23 PM
Nazr is going to take that shot. It's a low percentage shot with the shot clock winding down and nobody bothering to guard him. He made the shot and got back on defense. If he'd cracked a smile maybe you could reprimand him for it. He didn't. If anybody on the Kings had a lick of heart there would have been someone at least trying to guard him.

my2sons
04-22-2006, 07:33 PM
ya, but did you notice nazr's reaction after he took it, he sheepishly looked straight over to the bench like oh sh#! it went in...sorry pop

TDMVPDPOY
04-22-2006, 07:34 PM
why should nazr be held accountable for it? the only person to blame, is the moron who didnt defended him or hacked him from puttin up the last 3

A-Train
04-22-2006, 07:34 PM
Fuck, they won by 34 and we're arguing?

Obstructed_View
04-22-2006, 07:35 PM
I'm watching FSN and Pop just dodged that question

Who asked him about it? I'm curious as to why anyone would think it matters. No wonder people say the Spurs are boring; they don't even talk about basketball after a performance like that!

Tek_XX
04-22-2006, 07:37 PM
Shooting a three pointer with no time left is one thing, having to shot becuase the shot clock is about to expire is another.

Slydragon
04-22-2006, 07:38 PM
I thought the shot clock was not low, did they just not get pass half court and he got the pass and shot?

I thought it was funny as hell tho.

T Park
04-22-2006, 07:39 PM
SHooting a 3 up 31 is bush league.

Pop has every right to be pissed about it.

Kamnik
04-22-2006, 07:39 PM
i like pop and the whole spurs strict "regime" but this was too much

poor nazr :lol

Tek_XX
04-22-2006, 07:41 PM
this is stupid, if pop says anything it should be in passing, no need to get all morally disgusted

ChumpDumper
04-22-2006, 07:41 PM
0:39 Udrih Rebound (Off: Def:2)
0:25 [SAS 122-88] Mohammed Jump Shot: Made (18 PTS)
Assist: Udrih (4 AST)

It's a 14 second clock now? I guess I'd have to see the replay. Seemed early.

Despot
04-22-2006, 07:44 PM
What did Artest have to say in the press conference??

kalikot_boy_kr
04-22-2006, 07:51 PM
attention: artist say in the press conf.>>>>>WERE THE FIRST TEAM TO REST.LOL!

SpursWoman
04-22-2006, 07:53 PM
I'm watching FSN and Pop just dodged that question.

Sometimes these player don't think when caught up in the moment.

Poor Nazr was damned if he did or damned if he didn't.

Go Spurs!

:tu I think Nazr just got caught up in the moment ... and not a big deal. It's funny because when I'm only 1/2 paying attention I mistake Nazr for Finley all of the time ... I did on that play too until I saw User laughing and screaming his name. :lol

Awesome avatar, btw ... welcome to the forum! :)

SoCalGirlMeronKirsHamm
04-22-2006, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the welcome spurswoman. I don't usually post but this is my first year being in san antonio for the entire season and the post season.

I don't know which reporter asked Pop the question but as usual he is all business.

Slydragon
04-22-2006, 08:03 PM
Yea, Pop should let him be. MSNBC.com said that his first 3 of his career, let him enjoy it. Even tho I really get upset with his hands/turnovers allot.

Despot
04-22-2006, 08:03 PM
4th Quarter
7:01 73-107 Brent Barry makes 25-foot three point jumper (Beno Udrih assists)
6:33 73-107 Nick Van Exel misses 24-foot three point jumper
3:09 82-118 Nazr Mohammed makes slam dunk (Beno Udrih assists)
1:46 86-118 Brent Barry misses 24-foot three point jumper
0:25 88-122 Nazr Mohammed makes 24-foot three point jumper (Beno Udrih assists)

Ok, Why is it just Nazr that gets the brunt of the wrath? None of the threes were necessary. Yes he took the shot with very little time left, but he probably figured the chance that he would make it were much less than if he had shot it from say 10 ft.

Extra Stout
04-22-2006, 08:04 PM
Showing up an opponent is never good. If the Kings come back and win Game 2, Nazr looks awfully stupid.

SoCalGirlMeronKirsHamm
04-22-2006, 08:05 PM
I don't know if anyone is watching the miami game but udonis was just ejected for throwing his mouth gaurd at the officials. Everyone's emotions are running high. But not high enough to gaurd Nazr to the last second.

E20
04-22-2006, 08:09 PM
Showing up an opponent is never good. If the Kings come back and win Game 2, Nazr looks awfully stupid.
Wow, I'm pretty sure any sensible person isn't gonna blame Nazr for what happend today on a possible loss on Tuesday, unless if the Kings publicly state it was because of his three point shot. Other than that people have taken all this superstition to a new level.

One thing that bothered me was when Nazr dunked, he hanged on the rim too long for my liking.

yeahone
04-22-2006, 08:10 PM
i dont see the big deal in him taking the shot

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-22-2006, 08:12 PM

I would have to think that the Kings will come back strong for game 2, but moreso because they just got their asses kicked by 34 than Nazr hitting a three with 20 seconds left in the game.

Despot
04-22-2006, 08:15 PM
At any rate, they should be more worried and focusing on losing by 34 rather than a last second three.

efrem1
04-22-2006, 08:19 PM

Should at least step inside the arc and shot a 2. Grant Napear of the Kings network made a good comment about Pop saying he showed class for chewing out Nazr.

snowboarder
04-22-2006, 08:21 PM
If he shot while the spurs had the last possesion and the shot clock was turned off, it would defenitley be wrong.

ploto
04-22-2006, 08:22 PM
Get the facts straight-- there were 10 seconds left on the shot clock and the game was less than 30 seconds to go. You do NOT take that shot. Period. Pop was LIVID!! He chewed Nazr up one side and down the other. At that point of the game- you run the clock down and shoot as the clock expires. You NEVER do that. The Kings were not even trying to guard him.

CLASSLESS.

E20
04-22-2006, 08:22 PM
LMAO
The Spurs won, it amazes me how that people on this board need something to bitch at. This was a perfect win so we can't bitch about anything bad, so we bitch about a made basket. I love the playoffs. :lmao

E20
04-22-2006, 08:23 PM
Get the facts straight-- there were 10 seconds left on the shot clock and the game was less than 30 seconds to go. You do NOT take that shot. Period. Pop was LIVID!! He chewed Nazr up one side and down the other. At that point of the game- you run the clock down and shoot as the clock expires. You NEVER do that. The Kings were not even trying to guard him.

CLASSLESS.
What if it was Rasho? :lol

greyforest
04-22-2006, 08:23 PM
If he shot while the spurs had the last possesion and the shot clock was turned off, it would defenitley be wrong.

i say this is the only time that putting up shots when you're blowing someone out is in bad taste.

another thing, i wouldn't be surprised if pop getting pissed is just for the cameras.

ploto
04-22-2006, 08:34 PM
It would still be classless and Pop would still chew him out rightfully so. It shows a lack of respect. Even Bruce said it was wrong.

spurster
04-22-2006, 08:47 PM
No one anywhere has ever accused Nazr of playing smart. It was just Nazr being Nazr.

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-22-2006, 08:56 PM
Classless?

Look, almost nothing is as good or bad as people make it out to be.

I doubt Nazr did it to show up the Kings. He made a mistake, I'm sure he's heard it up and down from Pop, and if that's what the Kings need to have them play better in Game 2, Nazr isn't their biggest concern.

Slinkyman
04-22-2006, 09:07 PM
Honestly, Nazr could give one of his kidneys to Rasho and ploto would still find a reason to hate nazr for it. :lol

Dre_7
04-22-2006, 09:15 PM
18 points, 8 rebounds, 3 blocks.

:stfu

CubanMustGo
04-22-2006, 09:15 PM
From the kings board

Even he commented that Nazr was way out of line in shooting that three. I would honestly not be surprised to see Pop take some kind of action against him.

I will give credit again. Pop had his team out and ready to play. Bowen made a good point, however. "We didn't do anything yet. A team in the playoffs is supposed to win on their home court."

You know what? If the Kings want something to worry about, they should go look at the damn tape and figure out why their so-called defense let SA put up 41 in the second quarter.

Fact: the Kings played with the agressiveness of a drunk slug.
Fact: Nazr's three didn't have a damned thing to do with that.

phyzik
04-22-2006, 09:18 PM
the way I see it the shot went in... this Spurs needs that "Im going to MURDER you and twist that fucking dagger" mentallity.

Dre_7
04-22-2006, 09:19 PM
It would still be classless and Pop would still chew him out rightfully so. It shows a lack of respect. Even Bruce said it was wrong.

But you wouldnt have said a damn thing about it the way you said it about Nazr.

A-Train
04-22-2006, 09:24 PM
Artest threw a 'bow twice in the game and we're worried about Nazr taking a wide open 3 in garbage time? Christ, people. The Spurs just won by 34 points against a team that the media been's jocking as a prime candidate to upset the Spurs. A team with a certain mental patient that's already proclaimed them to be the champs this year. Pardon me if I don't give a fuck.

TDfan2007
04-22-2006, 09:25 PM
Nazr's three was pretty sweet. I mean I can understand it not being the right thing to do in that situation, but the Kings have other things to worry about than Nazr's shot.

Quit bitching people the Spurs won in a blowout game and none of our starters played more than 25 minutes.

tw05baller
04-22-2006, 09:26 PM
Yea, Pop should let him be. MSNBC.com said that his first 3 of his career, let him enjoy it. Even tho I really get upset with his hands/turnovers allot.

i thought he made one last year?

E20
04-22-2006, 09:27 PM
http://www.nba.com/spurs/gameday/060422.html
Post game audio.

phyzik
04-22-2006, 09:28 PM
Artest threw a 'bow twice in the game and we're worried about Nazr taking a wide open 3 in garbage time? Christ, people. The Spurs just won by 34 points against a team that the media been's jocking as a prime candidate to upset the Spurs. A team with a certain mental patient that's already proclaimed them to be the champs this year. Pardon me if I don't give a fuck.

:tu :tu :tu :tu :tu :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :flag:

UtownSpur
04-22-2006, 09:30 PM
I thought it was awesome...no reason for Pop to sweat it.

rayray2k8
04-22-2006, 09:40 PM
The Kings got rolled, but they're capable of blowing us out as well.
Remember last year with the Sonics, and how badly the spurs beat them.
Then everyone assumed it was over. So I think the spurs are a bit far from saying it's over. Get my drift?
No doubt, the spurs sent a message to Sacramento, but I fear this team could come back and make us eat our words.
Stay tuned.

A-Train
04-22-2006, 09:47 PM
That was a Sonics team which was hurt at certain points in that series. I don't believe the Spurs ever sustained a 34 point lead over them at any point, let alone for over a half.

There's a sleeping giant which has been awakened in this series by the antics of their opponent. That giant doesn't wear purple.

rayray2k8
04-22-2006, 09:51 PM
That was a Sonics team which was hurt at certain points in that series. I don't believe the Spurs ever sustained a 34 point lead over them at any point, let alone for over a half.

There's a sleeping giant which has been awakened in this series by the antics of their opponent. That giant doesn't wear purple.
Well yeah, I was there! :lol
I enjoyed that asswhipping they gave to the queens.
But I'm just saying it will take the spurs bit longer to eliminate the kings, than what people are saying. That's all.

ploto
04-22-2006, 10:01 PM
http://www.nba.com/spurs/gameday/060422.html
Post game audio.
Sorry, but I do not like Nazr's response. He said he just wanted to get a shot up and not turn it over. The Kings were not even covering him. And when they asked him what Pop said, he replied, "Nothing." We all know that's a lie. I understand wanting to keep what goes on within the team within the team, but Nazr should have been a man and said he made a mistake and got caught up in the moment.

Dre_7
04-22-2006, 10:04 PM
Sorry, but I do not like Nazr's response. He said he just wanted to get a shot up and not turn it over. The Kings were not even covering him. And when they asked him what Pop said, he replied, "Nothing." We all know that's a lie. I understand wanting to keep what goes on within the team within the team, but Nazr should have been a man and said he made a mistake and got caught up in the moment.

http://www.chaoticconcepts.com/haterade2.gif

Ploto, why dont you drink some more?

A-Train
04-22-2006, 10:08 PM
Damn, you'd think Nazr bit someone...

SAGambler
04-22-2006, 10:09 PM
My sentiments exactly. It's time the Spurs showed some killer instinct. I only wished they would have beaten them by 50.

Ron Artest will shut down Gino....

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Mike Bibby will own Tony Parker

Ron Artest is the REAl DPOY

ploto
04-22-2006, 10:09 PM
Ploto, why dont you drink some more?
It's not hate. It was stupid and wrong. He should have been remorseful.

Look, it's not my opinion. Did you see Pop go off? Well, I did, up close. Did you hear Bruce? Those opinions matter more than any of ours.

When Pop was asked about Nazr's three, he said he was pleased with the way the bench played tonight.

I even said, Nazr played well, but he tainted it with one stupid act. Rasho played well, too. The whole team played well and it was a great game, so I hate to end a wonderful game on a sour note. The Spurs this week have been all about RESPECT- respect for the opponent. This showed a lack of it.

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-22-2006, 10:10 PM
Damn, you'd think Nazr bit someone...

You'd think Nazr missed a half-court shot when the Spurs were down by one on the last play of Game 7 of the NBA Finals.

gmanrulz
04-22-2006, 10:27 PM
nazr has the best spurs all time career 3P%, hes 2 for 2

T Park
04-22-2006, 10:41 PM
It's not hate. It was stupid and wrong. He should have been remorseful.

Look, it's not my opinion. Did you see Pop go off? Well, I did, up close. Did you hear Bruce? Those opinions matter more than any of ours.

When Pop was asked about Nazr's three, he said he was pleased with the way the bench played tonight.

I even said, Nazr played well, but he tainted it with one stupid act. Rasho played well, too. The whole team played well and it was a great game, so I hate to end a wonderful game on a sour note. The Spurs this week have been all about RESPECT- respect for the opponent. This showed a lack of it

Yeah I guess Pop and Bruce Bowen are drinking "haterade" too.......

TDMVPDPOY
04-22-2006, 10:44 PM
imo why should we respect our opponents, we are the defending champions, and the queens have done nothing to get any respect from us. a win is a win, big fuckn deal, we get it any way we have to; this is the playoffs not the regular season

exstatic
04-22-2006, 11:20 PM
I'm as hard on Nazr as anyone, but damn, it's a VERY low percentage shot, and nobody was guarding him. As per usual, he wasn't thinking, but that's nothing new. There's not a mean or showy bone in his body. Unfortunately, there aren't any smart ones, either.

Any anger by Sacto will realistically last maybe a few minutes in the first quarter. You cannot maintain that in the crucible of the playoffs. If you need emotion to motivate you, you're through already. It's not like the Spurs don't have enough motivation of their own, with Clubber Lang Artest out there whacking everyone with follow through elbows....

SAGambler
04-22-2006, 11:30 PM
I'm quite certain Nazr had no intention of that shot going in. But that kind of shit just seems to follow Nazr.

Remember a few games back when he tried to miss a free throw, so the clock would run out on the rebound and he accidentally made it.

But the Spurs had to shoot sometime before the shot clock ran out. He shot one that he probably wouldn't make again in twenty tries and it went in. Big Deal. No need to make more of it that it was. An accidental 3 pointer.

Geez. It's going to take more than that for the Kings to put up a fight, if the rest of today is any indication.

Borosai
04-22-2006, 11:37 PM
I don't know what the fuss is about...he should've waited until the shot clock was all the way down to take a shot, but he made a mistake and shot early...oh well, it was a 3 that he should've missed, but he didn't. Barry also shot a 3 early in the shot clock but missed...if he had made that, imagine the uproar.

In the end, someone was going to have to shoot...that's just the way it is. It would be more of an insult to not shoot and just turn the ball over...who the hell does that anyway? I'm sure it won't happen again...everyone has learned their lesson...move on.

baseline bum
04-22-2006, 11:49 PM
I didn't like Nazr showing up the Kings like that. The only time I've ever liked a shot like that was when Steve Smith and Danny Ferry did it to the Lakers in game 6 of 2003, but only because in 2001 Kobe was showboating so much while up 30+ in games 3 and 4.

jmard5
04-22-2006, 11:59 PM
I don't give a damn on what Nazr made. He had no intention to disrespect the losing Kings.

Remember what Jerome James said to the Spurs when the Sonics won? That was classless and not what Nazr did a while ago.

Full Court Pressure
04-23-2006, 12:17 AM
Nazr wasn't showing up the Kings. Had he wanted to show up the Kings he would have held the ball and knowingly let the shot clock expire. If he wanted to show up the Kings, he would have driven in to an unnecessary monster dunk. I don't know what he really was thinking, but he's not the kind of guy to show someone up.

Besides, does it really matter how far the shot clock has ticked down? It seems that some of you are making a big deal out of this because there were still 14 seconds on the shot clock, but if you're under 24 seconds left in the game, it doesn't matter when you take the shot. Once the game clock is under 24, you can take a shot at any time and then whoever gets the rebound runs out the clock. So what if the shot was taken with 14 ticks left or 4? Doesn't make any difference.

Now can we get back to enjoying being up 1 - 0? :)

ploto
04-23-2006, 12:18 AM
Mohammed's last shot not so hot

The partisan crowd at the AT&T Center loved it Saturday when Spurs center Nazr Mohammed fired up — and made — a 3-point shot with 25.9 seconds left in Game1 of the Spurs' first-round playoff series against the Sacramento Kings.

Spurs' coach Gregg Popovich wasn't quite as amused.

With the Spurs leading the Kings by 31 points when Mohammed launched just the third 3-pointer of his seven-year career, Popovich was upset about one of his players showing disrespect to an opponent.

Within moments of game's end, Mohammed got a face full of his head coach, who let him know how he felt.

Asked after the game if Mohammed's shot — his sixth make in six attempts but his first all season from 3-point range — had upset him, Popovich turned coy.

"I thought the group off the bench did a pretty good job in the second half of trying to maintain a rhythm, and I thought everybody participated in that pretty well," Popovich said, before making a quick sideways movement with his head and shoulders.

"That's called a dodge," Popovich said, "which you all know very well."

Spurs forward Michael Finley, who has made 110 more playoff 3-pointers than Mohammed, was less diplomatic but did his best to show some understanding.

"It wasn't the shot I would have taken in that situation," Finley said. "You don't want to kick a man when he's down. But he was hot, and I guess he just wanted to see how hot he was."

Mohammed's explanation for taking the shot, which he made just a few feet from Kings coach Rick Adelman: "I was just trying to finish the game out. I was sitting there by myself, so I shot it."

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA042306.14C.BKNspurs.notebook.31284ce.html

What did I say about respect?

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
04-23-2006, 12:24 AM
Man, all the hating on Nazr is sad

I am 90% sure that if Tim Duncan did the same thing, nobody would say anything.

MI21
04-23-2006, 12:37 AM
Someone had to shoot it. What is a more low % shot than Nazr Mohammed for 3?

Now, if he had shot it with the shotclock turned off when the Spurs could of just ran the clock out, fair enough. But that isn't what he did, in my opinion there was nothing wrong with this.

There's being respectful and then there is just going overboard in trying to be "classy".

Let it go.

boutons_
04-23-2006, 12:41 AM
Nazr's a nice guy, but basketball dumbshit.

This faux pas was just another indication of how little he understands the game,
was not Nazr being mean or "disresepctin".

Kori Ellis
04-23-2006, 12:44 AM
Pop was not happy about Nazr's shot at all.

I think that's probably the only opinion that matters.

Spurminator
04-23-2006, 12:46 AM
I, for one, won't be losing any sleep over it. The Spurs were going to have to take a shot. Nazr was open, he shot it. If it was Beno or Barry instead, would it have made much of a difference? Just because they're guards?

Nothing to be sorry for. It's only rubbing it in if the shot clock is turned off. If _ramento can't handle it, no sweat off my sac.

baseline bum
04-23-2006, 12:48 AM
I freaking love Nazr... but that shot was showboating. That's the first thought I had when he hit it. I won't shed a tear though, after the way Artest ran his mouth.

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/5576/bowenblocksbillups2kk.gif

BTW, amazing av! Bruce has to be my 3rd favorite Spur all-time (obviously Tim and Dave are the top #2).

SequSpur
04-23-2006, 01:05 AM
Again.... Pop and his fukkin clones need to stfu and grow some balls. Ron clearly through down the words "We're the team to beat" "The regular season is over" "We're number one now"

I like it. I want to kick their asses by 40, 50, 51.... I don't give a shit. Blow their asses right out of the building and back to their backwards ass town of Sacramento.

You mean to tell me that Nazr's three was worse than Barrys? or Beno's or Finley's or Manu's??

Pop is a dipshit if he finds any fault in a Game 1 asskicking.

The statement was the blowout and the closure was Nazr droppin another bomb on their ass.

I don't get you all. Go watch a Clipper game.

Shit.

A-Train
04-23-2006, 01:11 AM
Nazr can't sneeze without someone riding him, whereas Rasho can be a big fat nothing and everyone seems to think he's the greatest thing since Spam in a can.

missmyzte
04-23-2006, 01:12 AM
I'm just amazed that three points among the 122 points the Spurs scored is causing so much controversy. Nazr clearly didn't think it was going to go in, yeah he shot it early in the shot clock but someone had to shoot it eventually.

Buddy Holly
04-23-2006, 01:14 AM
Pop was not happy about Nazr's shot at all.

I think that's probably the only opinion that matters.

Why? Because he's Pop? Because he's the head coach?

What if some other head coach was fine with the shot, would that mean pops opinion is invalid?

baseline bum
04-23-2006, 01:14 AM
Nazr can't sneeze without someone riding him, whereas Rasho can be a big fat nothing and everyone seems to think he's the greatest thing since Spam in a can.

For the record, Nazr was what got us over the hump to win the title last year. No way would we have beaten Detroit without him... and no way we could win a title witout him this season either.

SequSpur
04-23-2006, 01:15 AM
I'm just amazed that three points among the 122 points the Spurs scored is causing so much controversy. Nazr clearly didn't think it was going to go in, yeah he shot it early in the shot clock but someone had to shoot it eventually.

Exactly, but most of all fuck the Kings, fuck Artest and fuck the Maloof brothers.

I hope the Spurs destroy that team. Better yet, I hope they destroy every team on the way to 16 wins.

If you're worried about shit like this, you have no business watching sports.

Go basket weave or something.

Buddy Holly
04-23-2006, 01:18 AM
I could understand people getting mad if he took that shot with 10 seconds left and zero on the shot clock.

But there was time on the shot clock and instead of racking up a turnover he shot it, big deal.

A-Train
04-23-2006, 01:23 AM
Frankly, the Kings could sit around for the next two days stewing over Mohammed's shot and they'd still be smoked on Tuesday. Sacto doesn't have the D to hang with SA in a playoff series. One player does not make a team defense.

SequSpur
04-23-2006, 01:27 AM
When Garcia knocked the shit out of Finley and didn't help him up, was that bad? Wasn't that worse than Nazr taking a shot?

I guess once they got up by almost 40, they should've played Oberto.

On to Game 2. I hope we win by 50

A-Train
04-23-2006, 01:31 AM
Unless the Kings can reschedule a couple of back to backs in this series, it's over, so there's no need to sweat Nazr's technique.

Slydragon
04-23-2006, 02:08 AM
WOW, I did not think this thread would get so big.

My 2 cents, It's the playoff is it not kill or be killed? Pop needs to stop trying to be a Nice classy wine drinker, that may work for the regular season BUT in the playoff you need to be a beer drinking kick you when your down and out type of coach. It's called killer instinct, If you really want to be champs you have to be cut throat.

Kori Ellis
04-23-2006, 02:10 AM
I think the throats were already cut .. the Spurs were up by 30.

In a game in the past I remember, the Spurs had a big lead and Pop just had them get the 24 second violation on purpose and take the turnover. I'm not sure if that's what was supposed to happen tonight when Nazr shot the 3, but I just know Pop wasn't pleased at the shot.

UtownSpur
04-23-2006, 02:10 AM
Once again...I loved it! GO Nazr GO!

Slydragon
04-23-2006, 02:11 AM
I think the throats were already cut .. the Spurs were up by 30.

In a game in the past I remember, the Spurs had a big lead and Pop just had them get the 24 second violation on purpose and take the turnover. I'm not sure if that's what was supposed to happen tonight when Nazr shot the 3, but I just know Pop wasn't pleased at the shot.

Yea but was it a playoff game? If he did that he would have be railed by everyone in the playoffs

KingsFanWithoutName
04-23-2006, 02:18 AM
Exactly, but most of all fuck the Kings, fuck Artest and fuck the Maloof brothers.
Did you get your dog run over in Sacramento or something? :madrun

E20
04-23-2006, 02:27 AM
Yeah, calling Nazr stupid is an exteremely bad and tasteless excuse for taking that three. If your making refrences to players about the shot and how they claimed it was clasess, that's BS. I can't believe people are still arguing over this. OMG. If you Pop doesn't wanna make his oppnonent feel bad, then throw the game and let them win. The Kings shouldn't be mad that Nazr made a three in the closing seconds of the shot clock, they should be mad that they got man handled the whole game.

aaronstampler
04-23-2006, 02:40 AM
Honestly, I can see both sides of the argument. I'm not upset about it as some people are, but I'm not thrilled about it either.

One thing for sure though is that I don't buy the argument that the Kings deserved it because Artest did this and Garcia did that, and he said x and she said y.

None of those things are a valid excuse for classless play or classless comments from the Spurs. Or their fans.

Ever.

We're not them. We're us. There's more to appreciating the Spurs than the final numbers on the scoreboard.

MannyIsGod
04-23-2006, 02:41 AM
When you have a demoralized opponent, the last thing you want to do is to give them a reason to get up off that floor. You don't want to give them motivation. And while it stands that a team shouldn't need extra motivation, that doesn't mean you should go out and give them some.

Think back to the Finals last year when Detroit used the river parade as chalk board fodder for game six. Smart coaches know how to use things like that shot

In the end it may that shot will probably mean nothing. But why chance it? Why possibly give the team that motivation that can make them a bit tougher? Its just a bonehead move. It is obvious that his teamates and coach understand why. Sometimes I just wish Nazr would think a little more.

SilverPlayer
04-23-2006, 02:44 AM
Seriously that shot should be the least of Sacramento's worries. If someone asked you how would you like to turn the ball over, how far down the list would it be to just have one of our bigmen chunk up a three? Time was left on the clock, it was a lucky shot, and nothing more. People need to get off of Nazr's back about it, that includes Pop.

Slydragon
04-23-2006, 02:54 AM
Kings to work on list before game 2

Guard Nazr at the 3

Block out Beno (Brad Miller,27 minutes, 1 rebounds to Beno's 2 rebounds in less mins)

Shut Ron up before the games

For the love of God, Guard Nazr at the 3

Sounds good

MannyIsGod
04-23-2006, 03:08 AM
Obviously Nazr isn't going to make 3s and that 3 wasn't the reason they lost. But what many of you fail to realize is how quickly perception can become reality. If they decide to believe that shot was a sign of disrespect and come out with more fire, then all of a sudden this could be a different team.

Its about not taking things for granted and not giving them any reason to want to beat you any more. Just slide in under the radar, break them, and leave the same way.

In the end, like I said, this will probably turn out to be a non factor. But that doesn't mean you should give them an opportunity to use something like this to their advantadge.

polandprzem
04-23-2006, 03:33 AM
Ron Artest is the REAl DPOY

Stop laughing.
Ron Ron was such great defender that he shut himself down last night

ChumpDumper
04-23-2006, 03:33 AM
The best argument I've seen for Nazr's shooting with 14 left on the shot clock is that Artest was talking shit and hitting people and we should lower ourselves to their level because, well that wasn't really expounded upon.

It's likely not that big a deal as far as this series is concerned, but that's not the way the Spurs do things. Period. I guess you can vote out Pop in the next coach election if you don't like it. Good luck.

Obstructed_View
04-23-2006, 03:40 AM
Fuck the Kings. Fuck Artest. Fuck his stupid predictions. Fuck the crybaby pantywaists who think there's a difference between a 30 point win and a 33 point win.

Nazr for THREE!

ChumpDumper
04-23-2006, 03:41 AM
Case in point....

T Park
04-23-2006, 03:48 AM
Really intelligent combacks on the side of Nazr here.

Fuck the crybaby pantywaists who think there's a difference between a 30 point win and a 33 point win.

So "fuck" Popovich, and "fuck" Bruce Bowen?

Interesting....

Great comebacks guys.

I see, me, chump, manny are the only ones with half a brain here....

Pop needs to stop trying to be a Nice classy wine drinker, that may work for the regular season BUT in the playoff you need to be a beer drinking kick you when your down and out type of coach. It's called killer instinct, If you really want to be champs you have to be cut throat.

Yeah that rookie Pop will learn one of these days how to coach....

Obstructed_View
04-23-2006, 03:51 AM
Case in point....
Yes, you are a crybaby pantywaist. :)

Obstructed_View
04-23-2006, 03:52 AM
I see, me, chump, manny are the only ones with half a brain here....
Only with the two of you together. What a completely idiotic point to get hung up on after a really good game. At the very worst it was a mistake, and, if asked, the coach should have probably shook his head and said "maybe not the best choice to make in that situation" instead of blowing up and making it an issue.

Wait, do you guys actually think that Nazr was trying to run up the score or pad his stats, or do you agree that he was just standing there, completely unguarded, with 10 seconds on the clock, and just decided to take a low percentage shot?

Melmart1
04-23-2006, 03:56 AM
For me, the issue here is not that a 3-pt shot will overly motivate Sacramento for the next game. Lord knows, so many things went wrong for them in that game that I highly doubt that one little thing is going to stick out in their minds worse than others.

For me, it's an issue of class. Popovich is one of the classiest coaches in the NBA. Remember when they showed the huddle in 2003, the WC Semis vs. the Lakers? The Spurs had pretty much put it away already, so Pop asked the team to not celebrate, these were the 3-time champs and it was going to be hard. He asked them to be classy.

When he won game 7 last year, did he hop up and down like a raving lunatic and do cartwheels? No. He went straight to his mentor, Larry Brown, hugged him, shook his hand and almost acted like he wasn't happy. It was a sign of respect to Larry, and it was classy.

A center taking a 3-pt shot with more than half the shot clock left when the Spurs are ahead by 31 pts is NOT classy. If Nazr had hung onto that ball until time was about to expire, then shot it, I wouldn't have cared. Whether it goes in or not, if he did so with one or two seconds left instead of 14, then I don't think its classless. This has nothing to do with my feelings about Nazr, or anyone else on the team. It's just excessive, and goes against everything that Pop tries to instill in his team.

That being said, I think it was an honest mistake and again, will probably amount to nothing. But that still doesn't make it right.

ChumpDumper
04-23-2006, 04:03 AM
Only with the two of you together. What a completely idiotic point to get hung up on after a really good game. At the very worst it was a mistake, and, if asked, the coach should have probably shook his head and said "maybe not the best choice to make in that situation" instead of blowing up and making it an issue.My case was stated long ago, and nothing was said to really refute it.
Wait, do you guys actually think that Nazr was trying to run up the score or pad his stats, or do you agree that he was just standing there, completely unguarded, with 10 seconds on the clock, and just decided to take a low percentage shot?I think it was stupid, no matter what.

It's only a big deal to you because you're getting so worked up about it. I've said more than once that it probably isn't a big deal in the long run, but it's not something you want to happen. No amount of whining and name calling will change that.

Obstructed_View
04-23-2006, 04:04 AM
First of all, for you math majors, 24-14=10. The Spurs needed to shoot the ball or turn it over. If Pop didn't want anyone taking a shot, he very well could have given that instruction, because his mentality about wins is apparently different than most everyone else in the world. Taking a low percentage shot is perfectly acceptable; it's been done a million times before. It doesn't get much lower percentage than a shot the dude has never made in a game before. Besides, if Pop was that worried about it, he shouldn't have been playing his starting cetner in garbage time.

A center taking a 3 point shot when the Spurs are ahead is NOT classy if it's done with any malice whatsoever. Is there anyone that even remotely believes that? Please.

T Park
04-23-2006, 04:07 AM
If Pop didn't want anyone taking a shot, he very well could have given that instruction

Thats prob what he did, and thats prob why he was so pissed.

Great post Melmart.

Your 100% exactly correct.

Bravo.

ChumpDumper
04-23-2006, 04:07 AM
A center taking a 3 point shot when the Spurs are ahead is NOT classy if it's done with any malice whatsoever. Is there anyone that even remotely believes that?Maybe the Kings do. That's the only real point.
If Pop didn't want anyone taking a shot, he very well could have given that instruction.Really, do you know anything about Pop? Are you feigning ignorance here?

Obstructed_View
04-23-2006, 04:10 AM
It's only a big deal to you because you're getting so worked up about it. I've said more than once that it probably isn't a big deal in the long run, but it's not something you want to happen. No amount of whining and name calling will change that.
It's only a big deal because you guys made a big deal about it and started calling Nazr "bush league" and "stupid" after what should be a great win, and it annoys the fuck out of me that you guys can't ever be happy with a goddamn win and have to nit pick. I'm only worked up about it because what Nazr did was perfectly acceptable, and anyone who has played competetive sports knows that. If Nazr was a remotely decent three point shooter, I'd be slightly inclined to agree that it was anything other than a way to get the ball out of his hands and bring the game to an end.

Obstructed_View
04-23-2006, 04:12 AM
Thats prob what he did, and thats prob why he was so pissed.
Apparently Bowen was the only one listening in the huddle when that instruction was given, because Duncan was laughing about it.

ChumpDumper
04-23-2006, 04:13 AM
It was a great win.

Nazr had a good game.

It was a stupid shot.

The Godfather
04-23-2006, 04:17 AM
Nasty was wide open, doesn't he have a right to take that shot

I would of took the shot if it was me!!! :fro

Obstructed_View
04-23-2006, 04:19 AM
Maybe the Kings do. That's the only real point.
Why? Are you afraid Ron Artest is going to come out and take Manu's knees out to punish the Spurs for Nazr's three? Are you just afraid the Spurs hurt their feelings? Or should we as fans feel so guilty that the Spurs had a day where everything goes so right that Nazr hit a freaking three in garbage time that we have to look down our noses about it, making sure everyone knows we're "better than that".

Really, do you know anything about Pop? Are you feigning ignorance here?I have no idea what you are talking about. Do you mean to imply that Pop gave the instruction and Nazr chose to completely disobey it, or that everyone, even starters left in the game, are supposed to understand Pop's rules at the end of blowouts.

If Pop bitched at Nazr, it was for show.

ChumpDumper
04-23-2006, 04:21 AM
Why?You don't give the opponenet a reason if you don't have to. Ever.
I have no idea what you are talking about.So you aren't feigning ignorance. Your ignorance is real. OK.

Obstructed_View
04-23-2006, 04:22 AM
It was a great win.

Nazr had a good game.

It was an unfortunate shot that realistically wasn't intended to do anything other than cause a change of possession. If he'd clanged it, it would have been a nice classy way to just let the game hurry up and end.

Melmart1
04-23-2006, 04:22 AM
If Pop bitched at Nazr, it was for show.

I respectfully disagree. Pop is not a good actor. You ever seen the HEB commercial he did with Tim?

Obstructed_View
04-23-2006, 04:24 AM
So you aren't feigning ignorance. Your ignorance is real. OK.
Since, in addition to being superior, you are all-knowing, and apparently have some intimate knowledge of Gregg Popovich, how about you enlighten me?

ChumpDumper
04-23-2006, 04:25 AM
If Pop bitched at NazrWhat's this "if" crap? He did. Watch the tape.
it was for show.A show for whom?

Obstructed_View
04-23-2006, 04:25 AM
I respectfully disagree. Pop is not a good actor. Have you ever seen him go after an official while the assistant coaches hold him back?

Melmart1
04-23-2006, 04:26 AM
Have you ever seen him go after an official while the assistant coaches hold him back?

You think that's acting? Even his wife has said it's not acting and is embarassed by it.

Obstructed_View
04-23-2006, 04:26 AM
A show for whom?Apparently for the Kings who you are so afraid might get mad and come back to eliminate the poor wittle Spurs.

ChumpDumper
04-23-2006, 04:27 AM
Since, in addition to being superior, you are all-knowing, and apparently have some intimate knowledge of Gregg Popovich, how about you enlighten me?No, I know enough about Pop to know he wouldn't want anyone jacking up a three with 10 left on the shot clock at that point of a blowout.

ChumpDumper
04-23-2006, 04:28 AM
Apparently for the KingsBut wait, it doesn't matter, does it? Why would you just agree with me after whining all this time that there was nothing wrong with the shot?

You aren't very good about this, are you?

Big Show 12
04-23-2006, 04:29 AM
It was a great win.

Nazr had a good game.

It was a stupid shot.

I don't think it was a stupid shot. Nazr has so many problems with his coach this season, because he wasn't in the starting lineup early this season. Pop thought he didn't do the effort he supposed to do with his first ring of championship. And now, i think he is like Malik Rose, for Pop. Someone he didn't like to understand. I was very surprised to see Nazr stay in this team in July...Thanks Pop to terrify this player. :spin

polandprzem
No, I know enough about Pop to know he wouldn't want anyone jacking up a three with 10 left on the shot clock at that point of a blowout.

It would be whole a lot different story when it was the last game of season.

Obstructed_View
You think that's acting? Even his wife has said it's not acting and is embarassed by it.
That is absolutely acting. Is Pop going to go beat up the officials? How is it that the assistant coaches always happen to be there to hold him back? How many times has Pop gotten away from them and physicaly confronted an official? I'm embarassed by it just because it's so overly theatrical.

Melmart1
04-23-2006, 04:31 AM
I don't think it was a stupid shot. Nazr has so many problems with his coach this season, because he wasn't in the starting lineup early this season. Pop thought he didn't do the effort he supposed to do with his first ring of championship. And now, i think he is like Malik Rose, for Pop. Someone he didn't like to understand. I was very surprised to see Nazr stay in this team in July...Thanks Pop to terrify this player. :spin

Nazr being in the starting lineup at the beginning of the season had nothing to do with a problem with Pop. It was because he missed half of training camp and apparently just recently figured out what defensive rotations are.

ChumpDumper
04-23-2006, 04:32 AM
It would be whole a lot different story when it was the last game of season.Regular season or postseason?

I would say it would be less of an issue were it the last game of a series, but Pop still wouldn't like it.

Obstructed_View
04-23-2006, 04:35 AM
But wait, it doesn't matter, does it? Why would you just agree with me after whining all this time that there was nothing wrong with the shot?

You aren't very good about this, are you?

I didn't agree with you and I don't agree with Pop for bitching at Nazr. That makes the two of you in agreement and me on the other side. Try to keep up.

ChumpDumper
04-23-2006, 04:37 AM
Try to keep up.Way ahead of you. Thanks for your support. I'm glad you cleared that up for yourself.

Obstructed_View
04-23-2006, 04:41 AM
Way ahead of you. Thanks for your support. I'm glad you cleared that up for yourself.So when your circular logic breaks down, do you just go into self-congratulatory mode, or are you just that impressed with yourself?

toosmallshoes
04-23-2006, 04:42 AM
What the hell!!!??? This is the stupidest thread I've ever seen on here. He shot a random three at the end of the game. It went in. We won by 34 instead of 31. Man. I cannot believe the lengths some people will go to find something to complain about just to make sure they are always unhappy. I give that basket two emphatic thumbs up.

ChumpDumper
04-23-2006, 04:42 AM
So when your circular logic breaks down, do you just go into self-congratulatory mode, or are you just that impressed with yourself?Hey, you're the one who agreed with me.

TDMVPDPOY
04-23-2006, 04:58 AM
that 3 shows, nazr has increased his range :D contract year!

aaronstampler
04-23-2006, 05:53 AM
Chump, I agree with what you and TPark and Manny are saying. I completely understand your points. I'm the guy who tries to tell people there's more to being a Spurs fan than wins and losses. I got really pissed at Bruce for that kick against Allen.

But...

As far as the Nazr 3 giving the Kings material for game 2, I just don't buy it, for one reason.

You could just as easily say that all of Artest's elbows, (not to mention one by Garcia against Manu) and it being Tim's b-day will inspire the Spurs to really come out intense and chippy in game 2 as well. I'm sure Pop and RC will have sent the league a nice little video between now and then, and they'll have refs on the lookout for anything for the next game.

mikejones99
04-23-2006, 06:56 AM
Nazr and Rasho were hot. YOu should always throw up a shot at the end of the shot clock.

polandprzem
04-23-2006, 07:26 AM
Regular season or postseason?

I would say it would be less of an issue were it the last game of a series, but Pop still wouldn't like it.

I agree with Pop on that one. Cause he knows it's not gonna be as easy as last year and spusr had 7 game series vs the Champs.
So now it's about mental toughness and killer instinct. Play 48 on the same way. No time to relax. Compite all the time

SouthernFried
04-23-2006, 08:04 AM
Pop was wrong to chew Nazr out for this. If it was a close game, then Pop should have chewed him out for taking a stupid shot when we have better 3 point shooters...but, this was just a prayer. Like someone just throwing up a shot from half court at the end of the game... why the hell not?

"But..but...You don't want to show up an opponent!!"

Give me a fucking break. This whole damn game was showing up an opponent.

I will say this. Pop chewing Nazr out does have one good side effect...the idiots now think the Spurs and Pop have "class" for getting on one of our own players for making them look bad. They get embarrassed...and leave feeling all warm 'n fuzzy cus we chewed out Nazr.

:rollin :rollin :rollin

angel_luv
04-23-2006, 08:06 AM
! I understand now why Nazr should not have taken that shot- even though it was a really fun moment.

That said, while reading this thread the following quote and thought came to mind. I know it is a wicked, wicked interpretation, but still the idea cracked me up. I'll repent at church this morning. :angel

"Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate,
but that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant,
gorgeous, handsome, talented and fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.

Your playing small does not serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking
so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God within us.
It is not just in some; it is in everyone.

And, as we let our own light shine, we consciously give
other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our fear,
our presence automatically liberates others. "

In this case, liberate others to go on an early vacation. :lol

ploto
04-23-2006, 08:07 AM
I'm amazed that people who claim to be Spurs fans have no clue how mad something like this would make Pop. As Kori said, Pop's opinion is the one that matters and he was not happy. I laughed when Nazr did it, but it was only because I was in shock that he was really clueless enough to do it! I was like- "I can't believe he just did that!" I knew what was coming. It was obviously important enough to Pop that he was on the court chewing Nazr out before the game even ended. Writers who cover the NBA and reporters as well knew because they asked questions and wrote stories. Nazr has been in the league for 8 seasons. He simply should have known better. His comments after the game seem to point to the idea that even after what happened, he still did not get it, and that is what concerns me.

angel_luv
04-23-2006, 08:34 AM
From my perspective as a fan, the shot situation reminded me of one of those times a parent catches a kid doing something naughty but ends up laughing about it that one time cause the kid looks so cute.

But now that I see Pop's perspective and understand his greater wisdom, I understand why he was right to be mad.

It won't happen again- which is why I am glad I was there to see it. :lol

A-Train
04-23-2006, 10:29 AM
Maybe next game the Spurs can avoid beating them by such a large margin. After all, we wouldn't want to see the Kings find any motivation to win in this series. Maybe the Spurs can give them a game to make their desire to win feel sated.

Anyways, if Pop was pissed because he didn't want any shots with more than 5 seconds left on the shotclock at the end, fine. But this crap about winning nice or whatever is absurd. This is the playoffs. This is a professional league. If the other team doesn't perform well, that's their problem, not yours.

It also doesn't translate to the River parade/Game 6 matter. At least then, that's tied to counting a series win before it happens. The Spurs competed until the end. Sacto did not. I'd rather see a Spurs team play hard until the end of the game instead of trying to follow some Marques of Queensbury rules for basketball.

boutons_
04-23-2006, 10:43 AM
Pop had already been merciful and had the JVs in long before the game was over. And Rick responded in kind.

I'm sure Rick and his losers understood that Nazr's 3G screwup was only speaking for Nazr himself, not for Pop and all the Spurs.

ObiwanGinobili
04-23-2006, 10:48 AM

[frozen day in hell forum]

callo1
04-23-2006, 10:49 AM

No, bush league is talking shit, and then bringing that kind of defense to a playoff game. The Kings should be ashamed.

I have zero issues with that shot by Nazr. He was wide open, Naz couldn't run out the shot clock without a violation, so he took a heat check.

So the Spurs win by 34 instead of 33 or 31...big freaking deal.

The biggest reason some people have issue with this is because Nazr isn't a 3 point shooter, so it draws more attention to the shot.

It wasn't like the Naz called a timeout and they ran a play for him, or he shot the ball as time was running out. There were 11 seconds on the shot clock, and there were 25 seconds left in the game.

After he shot it, he turned around and walked away. He never taunted any Kings players in the least.

I can see why Nazr's teamates and coaches may have wished he would have not taken it, but again, blame the Kings lack of defense all day, not Nazr.

In the end, it really is POETIC JUSTICE in my opinion for all the shit talking and disrespect by Artest. Maybe now he will learn a lesson from this (I doubt it).

This is the NBA playoffs. If the Kings have their little egos hurt ummm...oh well...sorry...maybe we can send them some tissue and a copy of Terms of Endearment to watch so satisfy their sensitivity needs. Maybe send them a "How to play NBA level defensive basketball" video too.

"Mess with the bull and get the horn"

"You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting."

angel_luv
04-23-2006, 10:52 AM
This is my thinking. You should never talk smack before a game. You need to let your game speak for itself.

Also you should also never rest on your laurels after a win. Like Coach said, we just did what we were supposed to yesterday and got the win. Now we are up one but we still need three more.

That said, if we are in rhythm and shots are falling, I am entirely for beating up on a team as much as we can in the 48 minute game period.
If they don't want their tails kicked, best play some defense.

I am really ruthless- especially when it comes to the play offs. This is war. I say go for the kill.

:makemyday

:angel :lol

erica_who?
04-23-2006, 10:54 AM
This is silly. I thought it was funny too. I doubt the Kings will be giving Nazr's accidental 3 much thought after a 34 point loss.

Slo spurs fan
04-24-2006, 01:47 PM
I know it doesn't matter but there was 11 sec left on that possession.

CubanMustGo
04-24-2006, 01:49 PM
WGAF forum (two days late)

Slo spurs fan
04-24-2006, 02:00 PM
WGAF forum (two days late)
Thank you mister forum policeman. I just watch game again and it was just a random thought.

Jimcs50
04-24-2006, 02:46 PM
From the kings board

Pop is way too politically correct, IMO. He is always worried about playing the "right" way and always chastizes the players for any perceived showmanship. The Spurs have been victimized by a lot worse that what they have done, such as this shot by Nazr, so he needs to just STFU.

CubanMustGo
04-24-2006, 02:55 PM
Thank you mister forum policeman. I just watch game again and it was just a random thought.

No worries. Yours truly,

http://www.copforum.de/navi/cfl.jpg

ChumpDumper
04-24-2006, 03:08 PM
"There were plenty of moments where I was embarrassed," [Malik] Rose said, citing the final game against the Nets as an example when 7-foot center Jason Collins playfully took two three-point shots before going to the bench to rest for the playoffs.

"Him shooting threes and laughing about it going down the court? Stuff like that just eats away at me and gets under my skin," said Rose, who owns two championship rings from his years with San Antonio.http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/ny-spknix234714051apr23,0,7559750.story?coll=ny-basketball-headlines

Slydragon
04-24-2006, 04:16 PM
I just watch the game again with my brother who was out of town and after the shot when they show the bench Duncan is smiling his ass off and Bowen taps him and you see his lips clearly say twice "Pop Is Piss"

That's funny he already knew, he was kinda telling Tim to cool it with the cheer.

Hook Dem
04-24-2006, 06:18 PM
Much to do about nothing! Leave "nasty" alone! :lol

SAGambler
04-24-2006, 06:52 PM
I can understand Pop not wanting to "run up the score", but to single out Nazr for one shot is just wrong.

If he is worried about embarassing them, then the thing to do would be to just tell the guys on the floor for the final five minutes to take the ball down, run the shot clock to 1 second, and shoot 5 feet wide of the basket. Let them score 20 and that way they won't be so embarassed.

I also hope this public ass chewing doesn't send Nazr into a shell for the rest of the playoffs.

Sometimes you can just get too goddamned PC.

gameFACE
04-24-2006, 07:32 PM
I don't see what the big deal is. I heard the interviews with SAR, Bibby and Adelman today. They were obviously more concerned with being shat upon by 30+. Go listen to them. This Nazr thing is so fluffy. Enjoy the win, man.

ploto
04-25-2006, 07:16 AM
Here is one more quote. Wonder if this will change misti's mind?

Spurs players hardly were in a satisfied mood after Saturday's victory, not after watching Popovich rail at center Nazr Mohammed about the 3-point shot Mohammed made with 25.9 seconds remaining, a shot that pushed the Spurs' lead from 31 points to 34.

"Yeah, that's like dumping gasoline on a fire," Horry said. "Guys in this league have a lot of pride. They're (Kings) going to come out with a lot more determination.

"It's amazing. When you say 'a little more determination,' people don't realize that you have determination, and some things just fuel you even more. It's unexplainable. They're going to be more aggressive and attack. We know that."

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA042506.4D.BKNspurs.sider.4f01123.html

ploto
04-26-2006, 06:42 AM
Let us end this discussion with some humor:

Mohammed's rare 3-pointer:

Nazr Mohammed made the second 3-pointer of his career near the end of Saturday's game. After the piercing rebuke it earned him from Popovich, it also may be the last one he takes.

"I think it will most likely be a cold day in hell before Nazr shoots another three," Popovich said. "That's just a guess."

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA042606.6C.BKNspurs.notebook.aa8979a.html

TDMVPDPOY
04-26-2006, 06:52 AM
i dont think it was wrong at all, there was still plenty of time on the clock, what would u do if u were in nazrs position, cause a turnover or just shoot it, dude is in a contract year he needs to pad that stat sheet :D:D

winnin by 31 or 34 didnt matter, it was still a +30pt drubbin, they should explain to stern why isnt there a mercy rule yet...:D:D