PDA

View Full Version : was this the most impressive spurs postseason win ever

ducks
04-22-2006, 10:48 PM
they total destroyed the kings
I know the spurs beat the pistons bad 2 last year in the finals and then got destroyed 2 in detroit
but today was a downright beating

theroc5
04-22-2006, 10:52 PM
was a great win and probaly our best win for the 1st round but our best wins were game 5 vs knicks game 6 vs nets and game 7 vs pistons

SilverPlayer
04-22-2006, 10:52 PM
Um hell no.

SAGambler
04-22-2006, 10:53 PM
I know the spurs beat the pistons bad 2 last year in the finals and then got destroyed 2 in detroit

Yeah. I think what surprised everyone is that that didn't look like the Spurs team we have been watching all year.

Maybe they really have just been sleepwalking through the regular season, and now that the real season is here, they are ready to turn it on.

efrem1
04-22-2006, 10:54 PM
First: They removed the doubt from the loss of two weeks ago and set a record for worst postseason loss handed to the Kings.

Second: They got important rest for Timmy and with a bonus two days rest, it provides the team with an excellent opportunity to go up 2-0.

Third: With Pop chewing out Nazr, he knows that Adelman will make his adjustments and try to make a game of it in game 2.

ducks
04-22-2006, 10:55 PM
kings must stop tp and manu from getting to the basket
easier said then done :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

JamStone
04-22-2006, 11:15 PM
The most impressive part of the Spurs game was not the first half, but the second half. Almost every NBA team can have some crazy shooting explosion from 3-pt range and just be red hot. In the regular season, I saw teams like Atlanta and Toronto just go off from the arc.

But after going up 30+, for the Spurs to basically maintain that lead for the second half was even more impressive. Generally, NBA teams, especially in the playoffs, will make a run in the second half to at least cut down a lead considerably. But, the fact that the Spurs could maintain such a wide margin lead was extremely impressive, especially since I don't believe the Kings gave up until about 5 minutes left in the game.

nkdlunch
04-22-2006, 11:16 PM
a great shooting game was bound to happen. we were due. I expect we'll be back to reality but still be able to pummel the Kings. Do Artest's balls shrink in the playoffs or what?

baseline bum
04-22-2006, 11:23 PM
Nah... game 5 of the Finals is the most impressive win in the franchise's history. Detroit was amazing in that game, and the Spurs needed a once in a career performance from one of the greatest clutch players in NBA history to eek out a 1-point win.

bigbendbruisebrother
04-22-2006, 11:25 PM

No. But it was up there. Unfortunately, our guys always seem to have a way of letting the other team back up off the mat when they open a series like this. Sean Elliot said it best tonight when he brought back the playoff loss to Golden State in 90-91. The beat the crap out of the Warriors in game one, and didn't win another game.

I hope they don't let this go to their heads.

That being said, it sure was a fun game to watch.

ducks
04-22-2006, 11:30 PM
I agree with jamstone
the spurs never let the kings back in the game lead got done to 27 not 15
it was trully remarkable that the kings did not make a run

T Park
04-22-2006, 11:36 PM
Game 6 VS the Lakers to end the dynasty in 03.

slayermin
04-22-2006, 11:47 PM
Nah... game 5 of the Finals is the most impressive win in the franchise's history. Detroit was amazing in that game, and the Spurs needed a once in a career performance from one of the greatest clutch players in NBA history to eek out a 1-point win.

Well said.

Melmart1
04-22-2006, 11:47 PM
I am not sure about most impressive, but definitely in the running for most dominant.

JamStone
04-23-2006, 12:00 AM
Funny, from what I remember of game 5 last year, the Spurs could have won easily even without Robert Horry's amazing performance if Tim just made his free throws.

But, I don't know if I remember or recall all that clearly.

baseline bum
04-23-2006, 12:04 AM
Funny, from what I remember of game 5 last year, the Spurs could have won easily even without Robert Horry's amazing performance if Tim just made his free throws.

But, I don't know if I remember or recall all that clearly.

I don't think so without those 21 points in the 4th, OT, and the last 0:01 of the third. Duncan missed like 7 ft, but Horry answered every shot by Billups. I'm so hyped already at the thought of another Spurs-Pistons series.

itzsoweezee
04-23-2006, 12:07 AM

yeah, that was the best. complete blowout of the lakers in LA. duncan going up against shaq and schooling him. and kobe and fisher reduced to tears after a humiliating elimination. nothing's beating that.

JamStone
04-23-2006, 12:16 AM
baseline_bum,

Thanks for refreshing my memory. I guess it's just that game-winning play that is emblazen in my memory banks. I did remember the Horry dunk and another 3-pointer, but I didn't remember it being 21 pts. I guess it would have been a lot more comfortable had Tim made his free throws. But, certainly, Horry was incredible now that I recall the game. I can't hate on a performance like that.

Incredible.

In many ways, that probably was more impressive, more so because it was a pivotal game 5 of an NBA Finals, as opposed to an ass whooping in the first round.

Vashner
04-23-2006, 12:22 AM
I think it was to send a message that this is a team game. Not a game for people like Artest. Who is the scum of the league.

TDMVPDPOY
04-23-2006, 05:35 AM
i think we should continue what we did in game 2, dont fix it if it aint broken, if the kings start to fix there strategy, we can always go down low to duncan again and go back to runnin into the lane in the 2nd half.

i wanna see rasho outplay miller in this series

polandprzem
04-23-2006, 06:13 AM
:tu

28 points as I remember correctly.
That was beautifull :)

hey congrats on your 22 000 posts TPark

mikejones99
04-23-2006, 06:28 AM
That was the greatest first half of any team.

FromWayDowntown
04-23-2006, 11:52 AM
The most impressive part of the Spurs game was not the first half, but the second half. Almost every NBA team can have some crazy shooting explosion from 3-pt range and just be red hot. In the regular season, I saw teams like Atlanta and Toronto just go off from the arc.

But after going up 30+, for the Spurs to basically maintain that lead for the second half was even more impressive. Generally, NBA teams, especially in the playoffs, will make a run in the second half to at least cut down a lead considerably. But, the fact that the Spurs could maintain such a wide margin lead was extremely impressive, especially since I don't believe the Kings gave up until about 5 minutes left in the game.

I agree with that. As the Kings made a mini-run in the early stages of the 3rd, Pop called a timeout and seemed to reset the tone. Up 34, the Kings never got closer than 25. 3-4 years ago, that game would have been a sweaty palms affair for Spurs fans by the end of the game.

Samr
04-23-2006, 11:59 AM
Bleh. You all suck. The best franchise win was on a certain Memorial Day in 1999.

The day that, for all intents and purposes, won San Antonio their first championship. The day that turned Sean Elliot into an adverb. And the day that will forever be remembered, in the hearts and minds of everyone that watched it, as, truly, a miracle.

gameFACE
04-23-2006, 12:00 PM
As much as I enjoyed yesterday's game I wouldn't say it's the most impressive. I would agree with Mel and say it was the most dominant. They were in sync and never let up. Game 5 last year was impressive. There was so much at stake. Blowouts are fun, though.

What I really liked about yesterdays game was that, despite the 34 point lead, the Kings were still held to 39 at the half. The second half was mostly garbage time.

ShoogarBear
04-23-2006, 01:29 PM
There are about three different definitions of impressive going on in this thread.

To me, the most impressive win was game 3 of the 1999 WCF against Portland.

The game after the MDM, and Tim Duncan's worst playoff game ever. And the Spurs just ripped the hearts out of the Blazers IN PORTLAND. Tim played only like 20 minutes and spent the fourth quarter waving a towel on the bench.

That was essentially the game that decided the championship that year.

infinite styles
04-23-2006, 02:08 PM

Thats the game that I would have chosen. To see the lakers in tears on their home court was priceless.

CubanMustGo
04-23-2006, 02:30 PM
Bleh. You all suck. The best franchise win was on a certain Memorial Day in 1999.

The day that, for all intents and purposes, won San Antonio their first championship. The day that turned Sean Elliot into an adverb. And the day that will forever be remembered, in the hearts and minds of everyone that watched it, as, truly, a miracle.

:tu

The game that redefined SA as "clutch" instead of "choke."

You younguns that don't believe that need to brush up on your Spurs history.