PDA

View Full Version : question for spurs fans about the game

ponky
04-22-2006, 11:09 PM
First off, congrats for the win tonight. I'm simplifying this question --> Who do YOU think is the most important Spurs player for THIS season's playoff run? Please, name one player only. I'm just curious.

RoyerReptiles
04-22-2006, 11:16 PM
Been awhile since I last posted, but I gotta answer. I linger, never post. This has been answered many times in these forums. NOBODY on the spurs....Parker, Ginobili, Horry, Finley....NOBODY would produce without Duncan down low. He is a fantastic passer, and even though his offense has slowed, he still commands much respect. Without this, the floor would not be open for our jump shooters or for Manu and Tony to drive. It's a very simple, yet effective formula. Look at the Rockets in 94 and 95. Same blueprint, only with Hakeem. Tim Duncan is without a doubt the most important player on the Spurs.

SAGambler
04-22-2006, 11:16 PM
This team still runs through Tim. Yes, Tony has put a lot of the scoring on his back. And Manu, well, Manu just does what only Manu does.

But without Tim, they would have a harder road to go down.

A lot of people point to the fact that Tim isn't scoring as much as he used to. The truth is....he doesn't have to...

There was a time, when it was crunch, it all was on Tim's shoulders. He has been relieved of that burden with Tony and Manu.

What you see now is about the truest "team concept" you will ever see in an NBA team.

nkdlunch
04-22-2006, 11:18 PM
Duh, duh duh Duncan

snowboarder
04-22-2006, 11:18 PM
Parker's explosivness to me is what won us the game early today.

baseline bum
04-22-2006, 11:20 PM
Duncan

Kori Ellis
04-22-2006, 11:21 PM
Who do YOU think is the most important Spurs player for THIS season's playoff run?

If I can only pick one, it's Titobrunu Dunparkbowobili.

snowboarder
I don't think there's one player

It's a group thing.

T Park
^^^ Dude had a hell of a day :lol

ponky
04-22-2006, 11:26 PM
I don't think there's one player

It's a group thing.

Nah, this doesn't count. Sure everyone knows it's a team effort that matters in the end but I just want one player. Keep in mind I'm just asking about this playoff run, not the future or the past. Like let's say the Spurs won it alll (HAHAHAHAH, sorry :rolleyes) then who do you think would probably DESERVE MVP?

bigbendbruisebrother
04-22-2006, 11:30 PM
No Tim, no trophies.

Winnipeg_Spur
04-22-2006, 11:33 PM
It's got to be Duncan, if only because we seriously lack competent big men. Nazr looks great every now and again, but I don't even want to think about what our playoff rotation would look like without Horry, let alone Tim Duncan.

slayermin
04-22-2006, 11:49 PM
Sean Marks.

You can only hope to contain him.

Vinnie_Johnson
04-23-2006, 01:04 AM
As a Piston fan I say it's TP and the way he is playing so much better then last year.

FromWayDowntown
04-23-2006, 10:56 AM
Everything with the Spurs -- EV-ERY-THING -- begins and ends with Tim Duncan. If there is no Tim Duncan, the Spurs are likely casting at the Coast. Tim makes it possible for other players to excel and, in that context, to give the team the support that is necessary to make (hopefully) a long playoff run.

But, IMO, anyone who will name a most important Spur and doesn't name Tim Duncan hasn't been watching very closely for the last 9 years or so.

SAGambler
04-23-2006, 11:09 AM
Like let's say the Spurs won it alll (HAHAHAHAH, sorry ) then who do you think would probably DESERVE MVP?
I think that is yet to be decided, since only one game has been played.

I'm guessing if Tony continues the stellar play like we saw yesterday, he will probably be named the MVP.

But then again, maybe we should wait and see what happens. Lot of games to go yet.

LilMissSPURfect
04-23-2006, 11:11 AM
timmmayy!

ShoogarBear
04-23-2006, 11:12 AM
Without Tim Duncan we would be talking about what losers Tony, Manu, and Bruce are.