PDA

View Full Version : Argentineans are funny

Kori Ellis
04-23-2006, 12:35 AM
Small story:

At halftime my cell phone rings and when I answered, it was someone (a reporter) calling me from Argentina.

"Kori, is Oberto on the active list tonight?"

Me: "Yes, he is."

"The Spurs are up by 30. Why hasn't Pop played him?"

:lmao @ Argentineans calling long distance DURING a game to find out about one of their own.

T Park
04-23-2006, 12:36 AM
omg........

nkdlunch
04-23-2006, 12:37 AM
Is it just me or does Oberto always does positive things when he gets on the floor, even if its mostly garbage mins.

Das Texan
04-23-2006, 12:42 AM
lol @ Argentineans.

Thats classic.

T Park
04-23-2006, 12:45 AM
Is it just me or does Oberto always does positive things when he gets on the floor, even if its mostly garbage mins.

Its just you.

Kori Ellis
04-23-2006, 12:56 AM
how does one get our number from that country kori? :lol

The reporter and I are friends and talk on the phone from time to time. I just thought it was especially funny that he called DURING the game.

I guess they were following the game online in Argentina and thought maybe that Oberto wasn't active.

Spurologist
04-23-2006, 01:01 AM
:lol talk about devotion

exstatic
04-23-2006, 01:11 AM
Oberto may be the most physically UNGIFTED big man to ever play for SA. That being said, he has a great knowledge of the game. He's always in the right place, and never in the wrong one. He knows how to set great picks (amost a lost art) and has a nose for the ball, both off the glass and on the floor.

Kori Ellis
04-23-2006, 01:20 AM
I like Oberto because he likes to tap out rebounds. Some of the Spurs other players, if they don't have a good handle on pulling down the rebound, just let it go. Oberto always looks to tap out if he can get a hand on it.

JamStone
04-23-2006, 01:21 AM
Fucking Argentinians.

Nothing changes.

timvp
04-23-2006, 01:22 AM
When Mohammed signs with another team in the summer, Oberto will start next year.

Fact.

Not really, but perhaps.

SequSpur
04-23-2006, 01:22 AM
When Mohammed signs with another team in the summer, Oberto will start next year.

Fact.
Not really, but perhaps.

Oberto couldn't start for the Knicks.

greyforest
04-23-2006, 01:58 AM

:owned

yes probably not starter material. he is the worst player on our bench, but honestly, our bench is not your average fuckin bench, so he is comparatively a decent player to all other benches.

timvp
04-23-2006, 02:05 AM
Fucking Argentinians.

Nothing changes.

Hey now, Argentina is one smooth country. The basketball players they produce are hard asses. All the talk was about how Manu shouldn't go at Artest and 10 seconds into the game Manu has Artest bloody.

Manu is one tough mofo.

SequSpur
04-23-2006, 02:07 AM
Manu and Horry were taking care of Artest.

Horry stepped right through him a few times. I was waiting for the fireworks to start, probably next game.

genghisrex
04-23-2006, 02:09 AM
The basketball players they produce are hard asses.
Well, maybe not Delfino. :lol

T-Pain
04-23-2006, 02:15 AM
Hey now, Argentina is one smooth country. The basketball players they produce are hard asses. All the talk was about how Manu shouldn't go at Artest and 10 seconds into the game Manu has Artest bloody.

Manu is one tough mofo.

exactly. I love their Tarheel blue color they use as one of their nations colors.

Marhq
04-23-2006, 03:22 AM
Fucking Argentinians.

Nothing changes.
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060423/capt.saa11204230131.kings_spurs_basketball_saa112. jpg

TDMVPDPOY
04-23-2006, 03:35 AM
you dont see slovenian fans complaining about victory cigar warmin the bench for our starters......:(:( make some noise!!! FREE BENO MOVEMENT!!!! :D:D

HAHA-That'sYourTeam??
04-23-2006, 03:43 AM

That's damn funny. I don't know, i mean if you dig up will perdue, cherokee parks, and vinny del negro they could probably start for the knicks. Hell spike lee should start for the knicks. And he's like 3'3"

HAHA-That'sYourTeam??
04-23-2006, 03:45 AM
you dont see slovenian fans complaining about victory cigar warmin the bench for our starters......:(:( make some noise!!! FREE BENO MOVEMENT!!!! :D:D

Something tells me the slovenians don't really give a $hit. I mean if your national treasures were Rasssssssho and Beno, would you? Not exactly olympic gold material. :lol

Pero
04-23-2006, 03:50 AM
Something tells me the slovenians don't really give a $hit. I mean if your national treasures were Rasssssssho and Beno, would you? Not exactly olympic gold material.

And you know that we don`t give a shit how? Also Beno and Rasho played yesterday.... And your comment about national basketball just shows how much (or little to be exact) you know....

HAHA-That'sYourTeam??
04-23-2006, 03:54 AM
If I were on a king's forum I would have gotten a spanking for that last one that would go something like this:

"ONE WARNING: If some of you cannot control yourselves, then you need to take a time out. Either you do it voluntarily or I'll help you out.

No one is happy about what's happening to our team right now but that doesn't mean you have to post whatever drivel or asinine comment comes into your head. If you don't want to follow the game any longer, step away from your computer...or at least away from Kingsfans.com."

TAKE A TIME OUT!!!!!!!!!! That still kills me. I think i'll e-mail her and ask her for a kiss...

HAHA-That'sYourTeam??
04-23-2006, 03:59 AM
And you know that we don`t give a shit how? Also Beno and Rasho played yesterday.... And your comment about national basketball just shows how much (or little to be exact) you know....

Settle down Pero. I like Rasho and Beno as much as the next guy. They do a good job while they are in. Just messin' around man, don't take this so seriously. It'll give you a stroke one day. Sit back and have a sip of vodka before you blow a gasket. And not quite sure what you mean by national basketball? NBA? Never played in the NBA. But I did play as a youth through college. A coaches son. I know the game VERY well.

Vashner
04-23-2006, 04:06 AM
Who cares. As long as Manu keeps signing on his Contracts he can keep his little Buddy...

As far as the Phone call. I think it's neat.

Pero
04-23-2006, 04:09 AM
Settle down Pero. I like Rasho and Beno as much as the next guy. They do a good job while they are in. Just messin' around man, don't take this so seriously. It'll give you a stroke one day. Sit back and have a sip of vodka before you blow a gasket. And not quite sure what you mean by national basketball? NBA? Never played in the NBA. But I did play as a youth through college. A coaches son. I know the game VERY well.

I`m actually quite relaxed. Sorry, national basketball was a typo, I meant national treasure. But even national basketball should be OK, because every country has it. I was saying how litlle you know about our basketball. Anyways, if you were just messing around, then it`s OK. Now I won`t have to hire an assasin. :lol
Oh and I won`t drink untill next weekend. :)

HAHA-That'sYourTeam??
04-23-2006, 04:13 AM
I`m actually quite relaxed. Sorry, national basketball was a typo, I meant national treasure. But even national basketball should be OK, because every country has it. I was saying how litlle you know about our basketball. Anyways, if you were just messing around, then it`s OK. Now I won`t have to hire an assasin. :lol
Oh and I won`t drink untill next weekend. :)

It's cool, to be honest with you I don't know the first thing about slovenian basketball. Obviously it's important to you and your countrymen and Rasho and Beno surely have done a lot to get to where they are at. I was talking more as a jab at how fanatical the argentinians have become over basketball with ginobili, the national team and the gold medal. I remember when that used to be futbol only territory. I didn't know that basketball was that big in slovenia.

Pero
04-23-2006, 04:18 AM
I didn't know that basketball was that big in slovenia.

Well, maybe it really isn`t, right now anyway. It went a bit downhill with our clubs doing poorly in international competitons this year. But the national team made it to the world championship for the first time, so basketball will become big again, if only for a while. Can`t wait to see how we play with the US.

TDMVPDPOY
04-23-2006, 05:03 AM
seriously we should offer rasho+barry+pick for nacioni+BG.

Slo spurs fan
04-23-2006, 05:11 AM
It's cool, to be honest with you I don't know the first thing about slovenian basketball. Obviously it's important to you and your countrymen and Rasho and Beno surely have done a lot to get to where they are at. I was talking more as a jab at how fanatical the argentinians have become over basketball with ginobili, the national team and the gold medal. I remember when that used to be futbol only territory. I didn't know that basketball was that big in slovenia.
Don't mess with sleeping giant! ;)

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
04-23-2006, 05:46 AM
FUCK YALL, IT'S SUNDAY MORNING, I HAD AN ARGUMENT WITH MY GIRLFRIEND IM DRUNK AND THIS MESSAGE TOOK ME TOO DAMN LONG TO BE WRIITTEN

AND OBERTO RU,LES!!!1!

:drunk :elephant

xcoriate
04-23-2006, 05:56 AM
oh goody....

Pero
04-23-2006, 07:50 AM
FUCK YALL, IT'S SUNDAY MORNING, I HAD AN ARGUMENT WITH MY GIRLFRIEND IM DRUNK AND THIS MESSAGE TOOK ME TOO DAMN LONG TO BE WRIITTEN

AND OBERTO RU,LES!!!1!

:lol :lol :lol

ALVAREZ6
04-23-2006, 08:13 AM
Fucking Argentinians.

Nothing changes.
http://clicksmilies.com/s0105/sauer/angry-smiley-002.gif http://clicksmilies.com/s0105/sauer/angry-smiley-023.gif http://clicksmilies.com/s0105/sauer/angry-smiley-049.gif

ALVAREZ6
04-23-2006, 08:14 AM
Small story:

At halftime my cell phone rings and when I answered, it was someone (a reporter) calling me from Argentina.

:lmao @ Argentineans calling long distance DURING a game to find out about one of their own.
:lol

that is pretty fuckin funny

JamStone
04-23-2006, 10:00 AM
ALVAREZ6,

Watch the movie "THE BIG LEBOWSKI" with Jeff Bridges and John Goodman. Goodman's character WALTER says a few times in the movie: "Fucking Germans. Nothing changes."

My post was a play off of that line.

I figured most of you would have gotten that.

Samr
04-23-2006, 10:24 AM
It's crazy, but I'm not surprised. Argentineans are a loyal breed, and I am always assured of a laugh when I go over to some of their forums (Manu's, for example), when Manu is on the bench. I've never seen such blind loyalty and following of a player. It's crazy. But it's cool.

That being said, Oberto is one of my favorite players, and I would not be disappointed to see him start. He has the basketball IQ (shameless cliche), he just needs to become more familiar with the system (again...).

angel_luv
04-23-2006, 10:54 AM
Small story:

I think that's cool. :)

bdubya
04-23-2006, 11:10 AM
Well, maybe not Delfino. :lol

Didja see his highlights from the Wiz game? (Not sure if posting the link here is kosher or not....)

Cherry
04-23-2006, 11:18 AM
ALVAREZ6,

Watch the movie "THE BIG LEBOWSKI" with Jeff Bridges and John Goodman. Goodman's character WALTER says a few times in the movie: "Fucking Germans. Nothing changes."

My post was a play off of that line.

I figured most of you would have gotten that.

Not really. This is an international forum and i think you was serious:lol :lol :lol

JamStone
04-23-2006, 11:19 AM
Sorry Cherry ...

You should watch THE BIG LEBOWSKI. It's a really good movie.

angel_luv
04-23-2006, 11:21 AM
Can`t wait to see how we play with the US.

Slovenia is http://i3.tinypic.com/w9btqb.jpg

:D

LilMissSPURfect
04-23-2006, 11:24 AM
Oberto is cool!

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-23-2006, 11:29 AM

Fact.

Not really, but perhaps.

Way to go out on a limb. :lol