PDA

View Full Version : USOC screwed Team USA

rr2418
08-27-2004, 08:16 PM
Without the best players playing the game, TUSA had to round up last minute players including "marketable players" like Carmelo Anthony and Lebron James. USOC obviously had "market value" in mind instead of GOLD. Without star players like Shaq and Kobey and no outside shooters, USOC again thought any "American" players would do just fine! Well USOC, you have 4 years to right this sinking ship and let who ever is the coach pick his "own" players, players that will fit his system. Not players like Anthony and James who obviously didn't care about winning and representing the United States of America. Not players who wanted to show the world that they are the next "MJ". But players that will listen to instructions from the coach and play a team concept game. Players who have the skills to dribble, pass, and shoot a basketball. Players who know that their's more to this great game then a "high wire dunk". Yes the whole world has caught up to the US. But have they? What if the US had a team like in '92 playing in Athens? Those players like MJ and Magic had that burning passion for the game; any game of basketball. Be it the NBA playoffs, Olympics, or a pickup game.That team would've demolished Argentina today, not b/c of the stars on that team, but b/c everyone of those players wanted to "win gold" for America! Somewhere in Athens, Tim Duncan must be feeling alone, since IMOP he was the only one who showed that "passion for winning"! The attitude of Duncan's teammates was summed up in one camera shot; Carmelo and Lebron were talking and smiling while Duncan looked upset and concerned b/c they were losing.

adidas11
08-27-2004, 08:29 PM
A lot of you people just aren't getting it. :bang

rr2418
08-27-2004, 08:31 PM
I guess I fall in that catagory! Soooo, what am I not "getting"? :wtf