PDA

View Full Version : Hockey does it, so I'll do it. Game 1: 3 Stars

aaronstampler
04-23-2006, 03:30 AM
Your third star: Nazr Mohammad. Monster game from him, (18-8-3) and he completely dominated his matchup with Miller, which was supposed to be a big edge for the Kings. The 3 pointer at the end...eh. Not Spurs basketball, IMO, but the karma fairies can't be too upset, since Artest did throw a bunch of elbows...

Your second star: Nick Van Exel. I've dogged him the whole year. I've questioned his presence on the roster. But I'll eat crow today and gladly give him credit. He did what he promised he'd do and gave the team a boost in the playoffs, like a mini-me Horry. His 3 threes in the 2nd quarter all but ended the game and ensured that the starters would get plenty of rest.

Your first star: Tony Parker. Another guy I pick on occasionally, but he was a monster, especially in the 1st quarter. He made it clear, definitively, that Mike Bibby has no prayer of guarding him. At all. Expect the entire Kings front court to be sagging near the rim the rest of the series, so Tony better either hit jump shots or pass to the wings for 3s. Incredible first half TP, keep it up.

So yeah, it makes all the sense in the world, the three guys on the team I slammed the most the whole year, were the keys to a blowout game 1 win. But, in my defense, if they played like this the whole year, I wouldn't have slammed them, now would I? :smokin

Already countin' down the hours til game 2.

T-Pain
04-23-2006, 03:32 AM
Your third star: Nazr Mohammad. Monster game from him, (18-8-3) and he completely dominated his matchup with Miller, which was supposed to be a big edge for the Kings. The 3 pointer at the end...eh. Not Spurs basketball, IMO, but the karma fairies can't be too upset, since Artest did throw a bunch of elbows...

Your second star: Nick Van Exel. I've dogged him the whole year. I've questioned his presence on the roster. But I'll eat crow today and gladly give him credit. He did what he promised he'd do and gave the team a boost in the playoffs, like a mini-me Horry. His 3 threes in the 2nd quarter all but ended the game and ensured that the starters would get plenty of rest.

Your first star: Tony Parker. Another guy I pick on occasionally, but he was a monster, especially in the 1st quarter. He made it clear, definitively, that Mike Bibby has no prayer of guarding him. At all. Expect the entire Kings front court to be sagging near the rim the rest of the series, so Tony better either hit jump shots or pass to the wings for 3s. Incredible first half TP, keep it up.

So yeah, it makes all the sense in the world, the three guys on the team I slammed more the whole year, were the keys to a blowout game 1 win. But, in my defense, if they played like this the whole year, I wouldn't have slammed them, now would I? :smokin

Already countin' down the hours til game 2.

good picks. i kinda wish the NBA did that too. But dont they pick at least one player from the losing team?

HAHA-That'sYourTeam??
04-23-2006, 04:26 AM
good picks. i kinda wish the NBA did that too. But dont they pick at least one player from the losing team?

When the losing team gets pasted 122-88 I think they lose that honor. :lol

xcoriate
04-23-2006, 04:34 AM
good call and nice post :tu

aaronstampler
04-23-2006, 05:42 AM

yeah dude, if it's like a 6-0 hockey game, the other team isn't gonna have any of the three stars. Altough the people who award do play really close attention to the games. I've seen guys get awarded one of the three stars even when they didn't score a point in the game (and no, I don't mean the goalies).

ploto
04-23-2006, 08:16 AM
Manu- he set the tone from the tip-off.