PDA

View Full Version : Quote From Yesterday

SAGambler
04-23-2006, 01:11 PM
During one of the breaks during the Miami-Chicago game, they were showing a few clips of the Cleveland game and the Spurs game.

Someone said (not sure, think it was Walton).....

"If you are a coach of an NBA team in the playoffs, and you watched the Spurs play today, you need to be very, very, frightened."

Then one of the sidekicks chimed up and said:

"Yeah, I'm picking the Spurs"....

Couple of days ago, ESPN analyst were saying Spurs would go down.

Now they are starting to do the backtracking.

bigfundamental21
04-23-2006, 01:15 PM
During one of the breaks during the Miami-Chicago game, they were showing a few clips of the Cleveland game and the Spurs game.

Someone said (not sure, think it was Walton).....

"If you are a coach of an NBA team in the playoffs, and you watched the Spurs play today, you need to be very, very, frightened."

Then one of the sidekicks chimed up and said:

"Yeah, I'm picking the Spurs"....

Couple of days ago, ESPN analyst were saying Spurs would go down.

Now they are starting to do the backtracking.

These guys never know what the hell they are talking about and they are the biggest bandwagon jumpers ever. And Walton is number one. He often changes his mind five times in a single game. For those guys it's only cool to pick the Spurs when they whoop ass like they did yesterday. We don't need their blessing to go out and prove them wrong. GO SPURS GO!

A-Train
04-23-2006, 03:19 PM
Those were different guys. Walton, Snapper Jones and I forget who else. It was SAS, Greg Anthony and Legler who were dumping on the Spurs and jocking the Pistons the other night. So much for the regular season.

SenorSpur
04-23-2006, 03:37 PM
Those were different guys. Walton, Snapper Jones and I forget who else. It was SAS, Greg Anthony and Legler who were dumping on the Spurs and jocking the Pistons the other night. So much for the regular season.

Someone even went as far as picking a Sac upset. I don't remember who it was.

Anyway, I can't wait to hear what these guys will say at the next NBA Shootaround. They'll probably fall all over themselves backing off their prediction.

exstatic
04-23-2006, 03:40 PM
Writer Charlie Rosen has picked against SA several times recently, including this series.

A-Train
04-23-2006, 04:06 PM
Most of the media buzz about the vulnerability of the Spurs was based on 3 regular season games (the 2 against Detroit and the loss to the Kings).

We saw how significant the regular season was yesterday.

bigbendbruisebrother
04-23-2006, 04:17 PM
Bill Walton = mute button

yeahone
04-23-2006, 05:30 PM
well the wagon still have room for them,,,once stevn a jumps on i would be worried

gospursgojas
04-23-2006, 05:40 PM
And then if the Spurs loose they will be talking about how they are garbage