PDA

View Full Version : Artest's Artful Elbows

RandomGuy
04-23-2006, 01:39 PM
I just got around to watching the first game and Artest's elbows really cheesed me off.

The first contact with Ginobli was very obviously an accident. Ginobli was trying for the ball and moving his arms as part of his running motion. Artest's head was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time, and moving in the wrong direction. I felt for him, as it obviously looked like it hurt.

BUT

Thing is, when you have a guy with a big ego, that guy will think that EVERYTHING is about him, and it is obvious that Artest thought that was intentional.

After that, you can see a very obvious pattern that Artest would target a Spur and made sure that his elbows were at head level of his intended target. He made it look accidental by making sure he was looking the other way when contact was made. There wasn't enough of a camera angle to see that when he did it to Tim, but watch the bit where he hit Ginobli.

Artest was looking RIGHT AT Ginobli, who didn't even have the ball, and then looked away, and raised his elbow to the level of Ginobli's head.

That was the bit that Pop was getting on him at, and the officials were looking at Artest the third time he tried it so he didn't get away with it the third time.

I really hate the big egos that come with a lot of NBA stars. On the good side is that because Artest was concentrating on getting his payback, he wasn't concentrating on playing good basketball. :cuss Dumbass.

Of course Sacramento's loss made me think that Pop and company seem to have taken a page from Conan the Barbarian's philosophy on the best things in life:

[The best thing in life is t]o crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!

SAGambler
04-23-2006, 01:50 PM
I can only hope those two quick fouls he got after that sent him a message that this is not going to be tolerated from him.

I'm betting the refs come into Tuesday nights game with instructions to keep a close eye on Artest, and eject him immediately if he starts any crap at all.

I'm guessing the leauge is probably taking a close look at the game film today. I think they are just about fed up with this guy.

CubanMustGo
04-23-2006, 02:18 PM
Since he's not doing anything else at this point of the season, maybe we could get RayRay to call up StuJ about Artest. :lol

RandomGuy
04-23-2006, 03:22 PM
Heh, hopefully Arty will keep worrying more about his ego than scoring points... :lol

SenorSpur
04-23-2006, 05:11 PM
Yeah not only that, but his busted lip began giving him problems. He seemed to checking it for blood ever few possessions. Clearly, that shot to the mouth altered his concentration somewhat.

yeahone
04-23-2006, 05:15 PM
ohh porrr arty

Dre_7
04-23-2006, 08:47 PM
But the elbows were NOTHING compared to Nazr's blatant cheap shot, three pointer!!! How dare he!?!?

slayermin
04-24-2006, 12:55 AM
[The best thing in life is t]o crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!

I used this Conan quote as a playoff signature a couple of years ago. Great quote from a great movie. :lol

As far as the artful elbows of Artest, I didn't like that elbow on TD.

Trainwreck2100
04-24-2006, 12:57 AM
Awful Elbows? Hardly, in fact you can say he's an elbow Atest

RandomGuy
04-25-2006, 07:05 PM
Looks like the NBA agrees with me...

KingsFanWithoutName
04-25-2006, 07:23 PM
Looks like the NBA agrees with me...
Did you happen to mail them your little whiny rant?

Was it thrown intentionally..........................sure.

Was it malicious................................nope.

Did it deserve a suspension............................nope.

This stuff happens all the time. He's suspended for his past actions and that is bullshit. A flagrant should have been called, nothing more.

One question, how can you complain about Artest's actions when you have one of the so called "dirtiest" players on your own team?

What was the excuse around here for Bowen kicking that dude in the face when he fell for the pumpfake? What were your thoughts when he kicked Ray Allen in the back?

thispego
04-25-2006, 07:27 PM
Go Bruce!!

Cant_Be_Faded
04-25-2006, 07:31 PM
That quote by conan seems to be a ripoff of a quote from Ghengis Khan

RandomGuy
04-25-2006, 07:48 PM
Did you happen to mail them your little whiny rant?

Was it thrown intentionally..........................sure.

Was it malicious................................nope.

Did it deserve a suspension............................nope.

This stuff happens all the time. He's suspended for his past actions and that is bullshit. A flagrant should have been called, nothing more.

One question, how can you complain about Artest's actions when you have one of the so called "dirtiest" players on your own team?

What was the excuse around here for Bowen kicking that dude in the face when he fell for the pumpfake? What were your thoughts when he kicked Ray Allen in the back?

Your answer to the first question, "was it thrown intentionally" is true. Let's start from there.

How is an intentional elblow NOT malicious? Aren't you being a *tad* hypocritical?

Assuming all your assertions are true, does the NBA then allow ALL elbows to the head, if they can be proven to be non-malicious?

I think the NBA was about right. This guy IS being punished for his reputation, but how did he get that reputation to begin with?

It was only one game, and sent a message that this shit is not to be tolerated. The officials on the spot weren't looking at the tape, the NBA was, and obviously saw the same thing I did.

ChumpDumper
04-25-2006, 08:21 PM
Was it thrown intentionally.Of course.
Was it malicious.Of course.
Did it deserve a suspension.Had the refs caught it at the time, he would've been ejected. He wasn't and there was no way he was going to get off without missing game time. Period.
This stuff happens all the time.Yes, players get suspended for contact to an opponents' head all the time.
What was the excuse around here for Bowen kicking that dude in the face when he fell for the pumpfake?If you can tell me how Bruce could change his line of flight in midair, you'd probably have a Nobel on your mantle. There was a foul.
What were your thoughts when he kicked Ray Allen in the back?I thought he should get a fine, just like I thought Kevin Willis should serve a game's suspension for intentionally hitting Scott Williams in the neck with his forearm.

RandomGuy
04-25-2006, 08:54 PM
What were your thoughts when [Bowen] kicked Ray Allen in the back?

I thought he should have gotten a one game suspension. Spur or no Spur it was wrong. An elbow to the head is worse than a temper tantrum tho'...