PDA

View Full Version : Nets get hosed by refs

Jimcs50
04-23-2006, 02:44 PM
Refs bail out Anthony Johnson on last sec shot on a very very questionable call.

And this is in New Jersey.
That put back by VC to tie game, before this foul possession was awesome though.
:smokin

Jimcs50
04-23-2006, 02:44 PM
0.9 left for NJ to try to tie game

Jimcs50
04-23-2006, 02:45 PM
I think VC will get the shot

Jimcs50
04-23-2006, 02:45 PM
Pacers win

reaking refs...that was horrible

CubanMustGo
04-23-2006, 02:46 PM
Total fouls Indiana 25 NJ 26

yah that's a hosing. NJ couldn't win at home despite a 17-5 TO advantage.

Vince Carter, 12-33. Jason Kidd, 2-11. NJ sux.

ChumpDumper
04-23-2006, 02:47 PM
You bitch about Nick's shot selection?

VC's kept Indy in the game.

Jimcs50
04-23-2006, 02:48 PM

Hey dickweed, did you see the last foul call???? That should not have decided the game. Any moron would know that, so I am surprised that you did not know it.

Jimcs50
04-23-2006, 02:49 PM
You bitch about Nick's shot selection?

VC's kept Indy in the game.

VC is the star of the team, not the 10th player depth chart.

:rolleyes

braeden0613
04-23-2006, 02:49 PM

that doesnt matter...the last call decided the game

CubanMustGo
04-23-2006, 02:50 PM
The Nuts should have never been in the position so that one bad call made the difference. If you'd quit sucking VC's dick once in a while you might realize that.

themvp
04-23-2006, 02:51 PM
NJ will response.

ChumpDumper
04-23-2006, 02:52 PM
VC is the star of the team, not the 10th player depth chart.Yeah, that makes poor shot selection better.

Jimcs50
04-23-2006, 02:52 PM
The Nuts should have never been in the position so that one bad call made the difference. If you'd quit sucking VC's dick once in a while you might realize that.

I am not a VC fan at all. I have never ever said anything good about him, I can't stand the prick, but I know basketball, and I can recognize a great NBA play when I see one...take off those homer glasses and stop the hating, you fuckfaced prick.

jochhejaam
04-23-2006, 02:53 PM
I don't particularly care who wins the series but it looked Johnson got grabbed pretty good to me. Even if they hadn't called a foul I think the clock would have run out.

Pretty evenly matched series.

SequSpur
04-23-2006, 02:54 PM
That was fukkin bullshit.

1Parker1
04-23-2006, 02:55 PM
Where's all those posters who said that the Nets will give the Pistons a run for their money? :angel

Horry For 3!
Most of those calls don't happen but it was an obvious foul so they called it.

Jimcs50
Yeah, that makes poor shot selection better.

Numbnuts, every star has poor shot selection in big games. TD does, Kobe does, Lebron does, DRob did, they try to make plays and make the refs make calls, that is NBA basketball. 10th men off the bench should be given the hook when they make poor decisions and shoot outof the flow of the offense. NVE gets more leeway and gets more slack than anyone ever in Pop's history and I am dumfounded by it.

Jimcs50
04-23-2006, 02:56 PM
Most of those calls don't happen but it was an obvious foul so they called it.
Even Steve Kerr said it was bullshit call. It was not a foul, period.

boutons_
04-23-2006, 02:57 PM
Steve Kerr could have been more analytically "colorful" by stating more strongly that a finger caught on the shooter's jersey that doesn't alter the shot in the last second of a playoff game is "letting the refs win the game".

Nets wuz robbed.

Jason and Vince were cold, and Nets lost the boards, too. A losing combo.

ChumpDumper
04-23-2006, 02:58 PM
they try to make plays and make the refs make callsFrom the three point line?

Eight times?

Horry For 3!
04-23-2006, 03:00 PM
Even Steve Kerr said it was bullshit call. It was not a foul, period.
Uhhh, you could see that he was held :lmao get the fuck over it, the game is over

Jimcs50
From the three point line?

Eight times?

He makes plays. He is the star, the Nets win because of him, not in spite of him. Every star has bad games. Learn the game.

themvp
From the three point line?

Eight times?

btw. Kobe once had 18 attempts :lol

Kori Ellis
04-23-2006, 03:01 PM
Where's all those posters who said that the Nets will give the Pistons a run for their money? :angel

The Nets matchup very well with the Pistons. No one said anything about how they play against the Pacers. (I don't know why you are obsessed with the subject though :wtf)

ChumpDumper
He is the star, the Nets win because of himAnd they lose because of him.

genghisrex
Whether you think it's a call or non-call, I'm not sure it made much of a difference. Krstic got beat and Johnson had a wide open lane to the bucket. Carter was rotating over, but he was coming from the opposite side of the rim, and I don't think he would have got there in time. Johnson missed the layup, but he flipped it up as soon as he heard the whistle. With no whistle, I think he makes that shot and the Pacers still go up 2 with 0.9 left (or maybe even less).

Jimcs50
04-23-2006, 03:02 PM
Uhhh, you could see that he was held :lmao get the fuck over it, the game is over

I could care less that NJ lost, but had that been SA getting that call against them, every one of you assholes, would be crying to the heavens that the refs sucked and that the NBA had a conspiracy against the low ratings, small market Spurs and blah blah blah.........

You know it, so STFU.

jochhejaam
04-23-2006, 04:04 PM
The refs called the foul with .9 seconds left. If they don't blow the whistle to stop the clock the .9 runs off the clock and the games over anyway.

Vinny was 10-20 in the paint and 1-8 from beyond the arc. If you're going to play the gunner and take 41% of your teams shots then you need to make more than 35% of your teams FG's.

LittleGeneral
04-23-2006, 04:10 PM
Nets will win the next 4.

exstatic
04-23-2006, 04:15 PM
The caveat was ALWAYS that they get to the matchup, although I though Miami would be the roadblock.

pooh
04-23-2006, 04:30 PM
I'll take the ugly win!

Jimcs50
04-23-2006, 06:00 PM
The refs called the foul with .9 seconds left. If they don't blow the whistle to stop the clock the .9 runs off the clock and the games over anyway.

Hellooooo?????? The game was tied at the time.

Damn, what ingeniuos arguments I am getting.

romsey31
04-23-2006, 06:20 PM
Nets will win the next 4.

So will Sacto

Jimcs50
04-23-2006, 06:31 PM
So will Sacto

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

RON ARTEST
04-23-2006, 09:50 PM
Where's all those posters who said that the Nets will give the Pistons a run for their money? :angelwell its just one game i think new jersey will win the series but as far as giving the pistons a run for thier money i dont know about that.

RON ARTEST
04-23-2006, 10:06 PM
So will Sacto
thanks.

RON ARTEST
04-23-2006, 10:07 PM
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
but they will win game 2. i dont care if its duncans birthday or not.

ChumpDumper
04-24-2006, 03:24 AM
After seeing it 30 times, I conclude it was a good call. Maybe had Kidd not poked him twice before Nenad hooked the jersey, the call wouldn't have been made -- but it was fine as was.

Darrin
04-24-2006, 04:01 AM
Refs bail out Anthony Johnson on last sec shot on a very very questionable call.

And this is in New Jersey.
That put back by VC to tie game, before this foul possession was awesome though.
:smokin

Let's put the blame on the Nets for not boxing out the first Indiana shot attempt and for attempting to take Anthony Johnson's jersey off his back as he came down the lane. Did it affect the shot? Probably not. In 9 out of 10 playoff games does that call decide a game? No. It was a foul.

Anthony Johnson stepped up and made both free throws. If it had gone the other way, we would be talking about why Johnson didn't get a foul call. The referees have been horrible this season, but you don't get to bitch that they aren't uniform enough and then bitch when a foul call decides a game.

This is a needless controversy. The rules are the rules, and if we're going to call ticky-tack fouls in the beginning of the game, if we're going to stop the hard fouls from back in the day because it may hurt the player, and in effect, hurt TV ratings and ticket sales, don't start bitching now.

This is the NBA today.

romsey31
04-24-2006, 07:33 AM
Let's put the blame on the Nets for not boxing out the first Indiana shot attempt and for attempting to take Anthony Johnson's jersey off his back as he came down the lane. Did it affect the shot? Probably not. In 9 out of 10 playoff games does that call decide a game? No. It was a foul.

Anthony Johnson stepped up and made both free throws. If it had gone the other way, we would be talking about why Johnson didn't get a foul call. The referees have been horrible this season, but you don't get to bitch that they aren't uniform enough and then bitch when a foul call decides a game.

This is a needless controversy. The rules are the rules, and if we're going to call ticky-tack fouls in the beginning of the game, if we're going to stop the hard fouls from back in the day because it may hurt the player, and in effect, hurt TV ratings and ticket sales, don't start bitching now.

This is the NBA today.

Well said...no one talks about those bullshit calls VC got all game, and how he hung on the rim like a monkey for the last put back dunk while the refs swallowed their whistle. NJ lost this game because their superstar is to lazy to drive to the hoop. I hope he continues to think his jump shot is ill and keeps gunning.

easjer
04-24-2006, 08:56 AM
Even if it had been the Spurs - I don't think you get to throw out the rule book in the last minute of the game because of some bullshit mistaken notion that the refs don't decide the game.

He was clearly fouled by Kidd (which is where the call should have gone, imo), and Krstic clearly grabbed his jersey. You can't do that. The NJ players decided the game when they didn't maintain a lead in the closing of the fourth, when they didn't pick up that rebound (ridiculous), when they grabbed the shooter (dumb), when they didn't hit the shot to tie at the end.

There was no other disparity in calls. The rules that apply in the first minute of the game should also apply to the end, or the result is chaos and unfairness. I don't like it if the Spurs get that call at the end of a game, but you know damn well that I'm pissed as hell when they don't (Rasheed's timeout last year in Game 5 anyone - shouldn't have gone to overtime, because that was a blatant rules violation that the refs chose not to see).

CubanMustGo
04-24-2006, 08:58 AM
:tu

RON ARTEST
04-24-2006, 03:31 PM
That was fukkin bullshit.so are most of your posts. :lol

Obstructed_View
04-24-2006, 04:40 PM
Hey dickweed, did you see the last foul call???? That should not have decided the game. Any moron would know that, so I am surprised that you did not know it.
It was a foul. If they didn't want the call, maybe they shouldn't have committed it. If they didn't want the game to come to that, maybe Vince should have stopped jacking up shots. Officials will let teams play, but not calling a legitimate foul when an offensive player gets by TWO defenders on the way to the basket for a last shot doesn't make sense, no matter whose house it's in.

nkdlunch
04-24-2006, 04:48 PM
:lol why is this even an issue? Carter shot the Nets out of the game. He is a fucking selfish asshole.