PDA

View Full Version : If Pop's so smart ...

picnroll
04-23-2006, 02:44 PM
If Pop is so smart why was he, out of desperation to get Kidd, reportedly willing to throw Parker into the deal.

Indianna - NJ game NJ lost and Kidd has 5 points on 2 - 11 shooting, 8 assists and 5 rebounds.

Man, if Parker was with the Nets and Kidd with SA now Pop should have been fired.

Jimcs50
04-23-2006, 02:47 PM
If Pop is so smart why was he, out of desperation to get Kidd, reportedly willing to throw Parker into the deal.

Indianna - NJ game NJ lost and Kidd has 5 points on 2 - 11 shooting, 8 assists and 5 rebounds.

Man, if Parker was with the Nets and Kidd with SA now Pop should have been fired.

Hellooooo???

This was 2 yrs ago. I did not want the trade, but still at that time, Kidd was better than TP.

ChumpDumper
04-23-2006, 02:48 PM
If Pop is so smart why was he, out of desperation to get Kidd, reportedly willing to throw Parker into the deal. What report was that?

I never read anything of the sort.

SAGambler
04-23-2006, 02:49 PM

I still say to this day that was a bunch of BS to get Parkers attention, and that deal never had a snowballs chance in hell of going down.

rayray2k8
04-23-2006, 02:52 PM
Your gonna bring this shit up again??

ploto
04-23-2006, 02:53 PM
Excuse me- the Spurs had the money to sign Kidd outright. The only way Parker was going to get traded was if he had a hissy-fit. Spurs wanted BOTH.

polandprzem
04-23-2006, 02:55 PM
Jeeeezzzzz - the playoffs, the spurs, and the thread like that?

Kori Ellis
04-23-2006, 02:55 PM
The deal never involved sending out Parker.

themvp
04-23-2006, 02:56 PM
The deal never involved sending out Parker.

That is absolutely right.

ChumpDumper
04-23-2006, 02:57 PM
Pic is just pissed that Nick did well yesterday.

picnroll
04-23-2006, 02:57 PM
AS I recall there were reports in the paper as the deal wasgoing south that Spurs talked about throwing in Parker. Am I wrong? I distinctly remember those reports.

Kori Ellis
04-23-2006, 02:58 PM
You are wrong. :lol There was never talk of sending Parker in the deal that I recall at all. Not even rumors.

usckk
04-23-2006, 02:59 PM
Completely wrong.

SenorSpur
04-23-2006, 03:00 PM
AS I recall there were reports in the paper as the deal wasgoing south that Spurs talked about throwing in Parker. Am I wrong? I distinctly remember those reports.

The Nets' Rod Thorn was and is a fairly astute GM. I'm quite sure he would not have allowed Kidd to simply walk without attempting a sign and trade.

If so, then to make the salaries work, they may have had to throw Parker in. You can rest assured the Nets would have likely wanted Manu too. This is just my opinion.

timvp
04-23-2006, 03:02 PM
The plan was to run a Parker and Kidd backcourt.

picnroll
04-23-2006, 03:02 PM
Hope Nick continues to prove me wrong. But I do remember discussion about Parker.

Kori Ellis
04-23-2006, 03:03 PM
The Nets' Rod Thorn was and is a fairly astute GM. I'm quite sure he would not have allowed Kidd to simply walk without attempting a sign and trade.

If so, then to make the salaries work, they may have had to throw Parker in. You can rest assured the Nets would have likely wanted Manu too. This is just my opinion.

There was no talk of a sign and trade at the time. Kidd was a free agent and was just considering signing with the Spurs. I don't know what picnroll is remembering, but all the talk was of playing Kidd ahead of Parker or possibly alongside him in two point guard backcourt. There was no talk of Parker being sent to NJ.

sa_butta
04-23-2006, 03:04 PM
http://www.dailytexanonline.com/media/storage/paper410/news/2003/07/08/Sports/Kidd-Visits.San.Antonio.Spurs-493159.shtml?norewrite200604231601&sourcedomain=www.dailytexanonline.com

would have been a FA aquisition no trade involved. Parker was only afraid of losing his starting role if we picked him up.

timvp
04-23-2006, 03:05 PM
If so, then to make the salaries work, they may have had to throw Parker in.

Parker was making $10/hour then.

ChumpDumper
04-23-2006, 03:05 PM

If so, then to make the salaries work, they may have had to throw Parker in. You can rest assured the Nets would have likely wanted Manu too. This is just my opinion.The Spurs were under the cap. No salary matching would ever be necessary. A draft pick would've satisfied a sign-and-trade. If Kidd was going to walk, the Nets wouldn't have had much leverage.

TDMVPDPOY
04-23-2006, 03:06 PM
that season we couldve sign brand, jermaine, and another players, all i know is that we had the opportunity to sign another 2 allstar calibre players.

JO got done by the pacers organization, signin max with them cose of IT, then IT gets fired within the month....

polandprzem
04-23-2006, 03:11 PM
The plan was to run a Parker and Kidd backcourt.

Yup and Parker said he don't want to play SG and that he belives he is the best PG for the this team.

What is this thread about?

timvp
04-23-2006, 03:12 PM
The Spurs have got lucky over the years, no doubt.

If Pop's so smart ...

why did the Spurs try to sign Chris Webber?
why did the Spurs sign Rasho to such a huge contract?
why did the Spurs try to sign Tyrone Nesby?
why did the Spurs let it be known that they wanted Nenad Krstic?
why did the Spurs not have Bowen on the court during .4?
why did the Spurs not extend Speedy's contract for peanuts?

However, "why did the Spurs try to trade Parker for Kidd?" is not one of them.

1Parker1
04-23-2006, 03:14 PM
Who the heck's tyrone nesby? :lol

timvp
04-23-2006, 03:15 PM

Exactly.

:smokin

1Parker1
04-23-2006, 03:16 PM
Exactly.

:smokin

:lol :lol

picnroll
04-23-2006, 03:16 PM
Maybe it was a dream but here's factors I recall. 1) Kidd was playing the "I feel guilty leaving the Nets with nothing card". 2) Parker was taking the stance that there was no way (rightly so) he wanted to have his development stifled by playing behind Kidd as a PG. Things were unraveling with Mourning and Pop tried to peak Thorn's interest in giving up on Kidd with Parker and I believe another like Rose. Maybe it was a dream but that's what I recal being written about or talked about as what the Spurs were thinking by some media-types.

Speedy was a victim of the Kidd follies as was, it appars, Josh Howard I believe

T Park
04-23-2006, 03:17 PM
tyrone nesby played for the clippers

nuff said

Kori Ellis
04-23-2006, 03:17 PM
Maybe it was a dream but here's factors I recal. 1) Kidd was playing the "I feel guilty leaving the Nets with nothing card". 2) Parker was taking the stance that there was no way (rightly so) he wanted to have his development stifled by playing behind Kidd as a PG. Things were unraveling with Mourning and Pop tried to peak aThorn's interest in giving up on Kidd with Parker and I believe another like Rose. Maybe it was a dream but that's what I recal being written about or talked about as what the Spurs were thinking by some media-types.

Speedy was a victim of the Kidd follies as was, it appars, Josh Howard I believe

:lol

It was a dream. That was never written in the press.

polandprzem
04-23-2006, 03:21 PM
Who is derek Anderson?

ChumpDumper
04-23-2006, 03:27 PM
Speedy was a victim of the Kidd follies as was, it appars, Josh Howard I believeNow that's true.

The Parker trade is not.

Das Texan
04-23-2006, 03:49 PM

One of Ghostwriter's favorite players if I recall.