PDA

View Full Version : Try the lamb and other musings from Saturday night...

Summers
04-23-2006, 05:12 PM
We decided to spend Saturday as a family day since my husband sees so little of our little boy during the week, so we drove into Austin (we live in San Marcos) to take him to Radijazz. I DVR'd the game, so when we picked up some friends of our to go to dinner the first thing I said was "Don't tell me the score! I'm going to watch it when I get home!!" But the dude told me the half-time score anyway, and I didn't believe him. I think I actually rolled my eyes at him. :lol

So, we went to PF Chang's and our friend ordered the chengdu lamb. I would've never ordered it myself, but I have to tell you... Oh, my! So good. You should give it a try.

We got in really late and I opted for a really decent night's sleep instead of watching the game, so I went to bed. This morning I got up and took my little boy to McDonald's for breakfast before going grocery shopping. For some reason, they had the volume up really loud to the TV and playing through the sound system, so I couldn't escape it. It was on headline news, and when they started talking about sports scores, I started panicking. I hadn't watched the game yet and I didn't want to know the score. Should I have a violent coughing fit? Should I cover my ears? But headline news didn't give the Spurs score. I heard all about LeBron's 32 points or whatever and his no-look pass... I heard how Haslem did something stupid, and Shaq took over the fourth quarter. But I heard zip about the Spurs. Good for me, but weird, right?

Horry For 3!
04-23-2006, 05:21 PM
Lamb huh.......

Never had that before.

Samr
04-23-2006, 06:39 PM
Yeah, really, the Spurs delivered the biggest ass-whooping in Kings' history and no one even notices. The Kings were supposed to be a good matchup against the Spurs, and then everyone acted like it was supposed to happen. Which it was. But not to that extent.

Oh well. I noticed, and that's all that matters to me.

Vashner
04-23-2006, 06:53 PM
Didn't you get the message? PF Changs is over rated.

Summers
04-23-2006, 07:19 PM

:lol Yeah, I saw that; that's what made me think of it.

Oh!! And another thing. This morning at the grocery store, in the card/toys section, I found a little Spurs match-box pick-up. I meant to put it on top of my TV for good luck, but my son got it and started eating the tires, so I'll have to go back and get another one. Anyway, it's cute, and if you're into collectibles, I thought you might like to know. :)

Vashner
04-23-2006, 10:47 PM
Stash it till he get's a couple more years and won't eat the tires :)

atxrocker
04-23-2006, 11:45 PM

and finally, someone gets it!