PDA

View Full Version : Eva plans romantic comedy to be filmed in S.A. in 2007

METALMiKE
04-23-2006, 10:07 PM
Eva plans romantic comedy to be filmed in S.A. in 2007

Web Posted: 04/22/2006 12:00 AM CDT

Jeanne Jakle
Express-News Media Columnist

Actress Eva Longoria said she and Touchstone Pictures would make a movie next year in her second home of San Antonio.

"It's huge, huge, huge!" the "Desperate Housewives" star said by phone from Los Angeles, adding her goal, for a long time, has been to encourage more filming in her native Lone Star State. Besides, it will allow her to spend extended time with her beau, San Antonio Spur Tony Parker.

Longoria said the romantic comedy, "Deep in the Heart of Texas," will include San Antonio's weeklong party, Fiesta; the River Walk; and lots of other picturesque locales. She said filming likely will take place in April, May and June of next year.

According to Hollywood trade publications, Longoria will play a spoiled ad executive in Beverly Hills who is transferred to San Antonio to run the new Latin arm of her agency. Out of touch with her Mexican roots and unable to speak Spanish, she's like a fish out of water. Worse, the story has her Anglo S.A. boss speaking fluent Spanish and more in touch with the Hispanic culture than she is.

It's a dream come true, she said. She not only will be showing off her city, but also will be working days here and spending nights with Parker. Her mom and dad also live in the Alamo City.

Longoria

"San Antonio is such a character in itself," she added, so it had to be the right project. When writers Pam Buchignati and Lynnette Ramirez pitched her the concept, she jumped. It was sold to Touchstone on Thursday, she said. According to an article in the Hollywood Reporter, Rachel Pfeffer will produce it through her Disney-based Pfeffer Film banner.

Longoria is executive producer; she said that gives her a say in picking the director, the cast and locations. She said the first two weeks of the shoot would take place in Los Angeles, because that's where the story begins. As for other actors, "we have some offers out," she said. "It will be a fun cast."

San Antonio Film Marketing Manager Drew Mayer-Oakes said: "I'm pleased Longoria is so keen to bring the film and its economic impact to our city, a place she obviously cares about." He was a little concerned because most big-studio projects go to states with financial incentives.

San Antonio just lost a Disney project — "Daddy's Little Girl" with The Rock — because of that issue, he said.

Longoria is confident that won't happen with "Deep in the Heart of Texas." Since it's based in San Antonio, she said, "they couldn't film it in New Mexico or anywhere else."

[email protected]
-----------------------------------------
I searched for this to see if anyone posted.Sorry if there is another thread about this. :fro

1Parker1
04-23-2006, 10:13 PM
:lol That's pretty cool. I wonder who her co-stars will be. Seems like a cute chick-flick.

Ohh, what would be cooler is if Tony made a cameo appearance in the film! Like Eva and her love interest in the film could take in a Spurs game in the movie...and they can show clips of Tony, Tim, Bruce, etc. :lol

METALMiKE
04-23-2006, 10:16 PM
I just hope it doesn't flop. :)

spurs=bling
04-23-2006, 10:20 PM
i would go and see it. sound like a fun movie.

SA210
04-23-2006, 10:23 PM
cool :tu

Trainwreck2100
04-23-2006, 11:28 PM
I'm offended by her using the metaphor of a mexican as a "fish out of water", what exactly is she implying?

METALMiKE
04-23-2006, 11:38 PM
I'm offended by her using the metaphor of a mexican as a "fish out of water", what exactly is she implying?
It was implying that,by living in San Antonio she is a fish out water due to the fact she doesn't speak spanish,as many ppl here in SA do.

Trainwreck2100
04-23-2006, 11:43 PM
It was implying that,by living in San Antonio she is a fish out water due to the fact she doesn't speak spanish,as many ppl here in SA do.

Mexican water, do all mexicans come from water?

Melmart1
04-24-2006, 12:16 AM
Oh, quit yer bitching and post the damn tunnel pic, trainwreck :lol

METALMiKE
04-24-2006, 12:20 AM
:wtf

Trainwreck2100
04-24-2006, 12:27 AM
Oh, quit yer bitching and post the damn tunnel pic, trainwreck :lol
There is a time and place for everything, and I have something "special" planned

http://www.ezekielbearsports.com/bbs/images/yahoo/devil.gif

So until my certain events come to fruition. Here's a bird stealing something from a joey

http://gifdepot.com/albums/Animals/SadRoo.gif

Trainwreck2100
04-24-2006, 12:29 AM
http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/8269/evalongoriatongue9eh8md6bg.gif

prosecution rests

angel_luv
04-24-2006, 12:31 AM
Maybe Eva will give me a role in her film- or at least bring me in as an extra. :)

E20
04-24-2006, 12:58 AM
Operation Wetback.

Buddy Holly
04-24-2006, 01:22 AM
I bet Linday Lohan plays the mean and slutty co-worker.

timvp
04-24-2006, 01:31 AM
San Antonio is too small a market to make a movie in.

sa_butta
04-24-2006, 01:44 AM
Mexican water, do all mexicans come from water?I didnt think Mexico had water.

T Park
04-24-2006, 01:45 AM
Too late TIMVP

they filmed Ms Congeniality here.

slayermin
04-24-2006, 02:29 AM
Too late TIMVP

Don't forget Rolling Thunder and Cloak and Dagger.

T Park
04-24-2006, 02:31 AM
never heard of either of those.....

Buddy Holly
04-24-2006, 02:37 AM
Timvp was joking at my expence.

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-24-2006, 02:48 AM

You're my age and hadn't heard of Cloak and Dagger?!?

To Blockbuster with you!

Vashner
04-24-2006, 03:17 AM
So many neat places around here to film.

We should all pitch in and make a movie. But hire Vanessa Macias as the star.

Eva way too expensive.

slayermin
04-24-2006, 06:23 AM

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/6303471617.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/630018370X.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

boutons_
04-24-2006, 06:44 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068638/

MaNuMaNiAc
04-24-2006, 06:49 AM
I'm sorry, but it sounds like its going to be a flop to me :( Nothing against Eva, but I don't think she is that great of an actress. Plus the plot sounds boring as hell!

MaNuMaNiAc
04-24-2006, 06:50 AM
Too late TIMVP

yeah... I wouldn't go spreading that around, that movie SUCKED!

NASpurs
04-24-2006, 06:54 AM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/6303471617.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Whoa that's Secretary of Defense James Heller :lol

boutons_
04-24-2006, 07:28 AM
"The Getaway" and "Ms. Congenitality" both were stinkers from San Antonio.

Eva's sounds like a C of C/tourist board storyline. Her pretty face won't be enough to carry it.

Jimcs50
04-24-2006, 09:24 AM
:lol That's pretty cool. I wonder who her co-stars will be. Seems like a cute chick-flick.

:lol

My agent is currently in negotiations as we speak.

:smokin

alamo50
04-24-2006, 09:27 AM
Just one more movie and she's outta here.

1Parker1
04-24-2006, 10:05 AM
I'm sorry, but it sounds like its going to be a flop to me :( Nothing against Eva, but I don't think she is that great of an actress.

There's plenty of actors in hollywood who can't act but are stars, Eva isn't the only one.

Anyways, they filmed Mrs. Congenialty there!? I didn't know that...1 and 2? Or just the first?

SA210
04-24-2006, 10:14 AM
San Antonio is perfect for filmmaking. Over the next ten years you will see how things have changed movie-making wise here in SA.

1Parker1
04-24-2006, 10:16 AM
I got to see Stallone live in person a few months ago when he was here filming the next Rocky 6 or whatever the heck they're up to. I'm not a fan so I didn't really care, but it was the top news story on the local channel:lol

Also, they just finished shooting a new Extreme Makeover: Home Edition here in Philly. :)

SA210
04-24-2006, 10:27 AM
I actually wanted to get on that crew for Rocky 6, titled "Rocky Balboa", but I had other business.

I'm a huge fan, I'll be looking forward to it's release in December. :tu

Trainwreck2100
04-24-2006, 11:03 AM
All these movies, nobody mentioned

http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/movie/coverv/30/205230.jpg

SA210
04-24-2006, 11:06 AM
^^^ or "Selena", which I was a stand-in/photo double on. That was a great experience.

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-24-2006, 11:08 AM
Bad move by Eva. Doesn't she know that things based in San Antonio tend to flop?

http://www.mysanantonio.com/multimedia/slideshows/show_581/SPURS_SONICS_C_KMH_1.8334.jpg

fred33
04-24-2006, 11:12 AM
eva want to be next to tp

Vashner
04-24-2006, 11:55 AM
Eva can act she just needs the right script and director. Running around with a full sized Sig pistol next to Jack Bauer is kinda odd.

AlamoSpursFan
04-24-2006, 12:12 PM
They filmed Ace Ventura 2: When Nature Calls near here as well.

SA210
04-24-2006, 12:29 PM
San Antonio Film History
http://www.sanantoniocvb.com/film/history.asp

FEATURES

A Tall Tale of Texas - A New Repulblic
Anthony Henslee, director, Cottonwood Entertainment

August Evening
Chris Eska, director, Doki-Doki Films

El Escape de los Santos
Ricardo Mendoza, director, Digital Works Studios

OFFICIAL SELECTION HOLLYWOOD DV FILM FESTIVAL

The Separated
Thomas Uncles, director, TRB Entertainment

Ringo and the Monkeyman
Brad Blank, director, Ramblin' On Productions

La Tragedia de Macario
Pablo Veliz, Director

OFFICIAL SELECTION SUNDANCE FILM FESTIVAL

Oil Storm - FX Network
James Erskine, Director

Syriana - Warner Bros.
Stephen Gaghan, Director

Pico de Gallo
Brad Blank, director

Foto-Novelas II
PBS

Texas: The Big Picture (IMAX)
Scott Swofford, Director

EvenHand, Spy Kids 2

Spy Kids, Miss Congeniality
American Outlaws

All the Pretty Horses
Starring Matt Damon and Henry Thomas; directed by Billy Bob Thornton. Locations: The Gallagher Ranch, Scottish Rite Cathedral and the Cadillac Bar

Living the Life
Produced by Shapiro Entertainment - Rich/Es Productions. Directed by Alex Munoz. Book by Lynne Ewing. Locations: Westside homes, streets and schools

Too Good to Be True - University Productions
Barbacoa - Cevallos Productions

William's Book - Iittle Rog IV Films

The Newton Boys
Starring Matthew McConaughey, Ethan Hawke, Julianna Marguiles, Skeet Ulrich, and Vincent D'Onofrio. Locations: King William District, Koehler House, Menger Hotel, Peacock Alley, St. Anthony Hotel, St. Paul Square, Scottish Rite Cathedral

Still Breathing (http://www.stillbreathing.com/) - Zap Productions
Starring Brendan Fraser, Annette Going, Celeste Holm, Ann Magnuson, and Lou Rawls. Locations: Alamo Plaza, SA Int'l Airport, The Argyle Club, Monte Vista Historic District, Martin-Rathburn Gallery, Mission San Jose

Selena - Selena Productions
Starring Jennifer Lopez and Edward James Olmos. Locations: The Alamodome, Best Western Continental Inn, Encino Motel, Robt. B. Green Elementary, Ingram Mall, Karam's Restaurant, SA Public Library, Omni Hotel, Splashtown

Lolita - Lolita Productions
Starring Jeremy Irons, Melanie Griffith and Frank Langella. Locations: The Gallagher Ranch, SAKE Studios

Eddie - Hollywood Pictures
Starring Whoopi Goldberg. Locations: Alamo Plaza, The Alamodome.

Ace Ventura 2 - Morgan Creek
Starring Jim Carrey. Locations: 777 Ranch (http://www.777ranch.com/) in Hondo, Tx, SAKE Studios

8 Seconds - New Line/Jersey/Katja
Starring Luke Perry, Stephen Baldwin and Cynthia Geary. Real-life story of bull rider Lane Frost. Locations: Bluebonnet Palace, Boerne Fairgrounds, Floore Country Store, Grey Moss Inn, Helotes Fairgrounds, Park Motel, Radisson Hotel, Stinson Field, SAKE Studio

Blank Check - Buena Vista
Starring Brian Bonsall. Locations: Six Flags Fiesta Texas, Bank One, Alamo Plaza, Rivercenter Mall.

Father Hood - Hollywood Pictures
Starring Patrick Swayze, Halle Berry and Diane Ladd. Locations: Cascade Caverns, Aloha Motel, Floore Country Store, downtown Post Office.

Toy Soldiers - Island World
Starring Louis Gossett, Jr., Sean Astin and Wil Wheaton. Locations: downtown Post Office became a courthouse in La Paz, Bolivia

Lost Angels - Orion
Starring Donald Sutherland and Beastie Boy Adam Horowitz. Shot SA for LA. Locations: Crossroads Mall, SA State Hospital, Zarzamora Street

Johnny Be Good - Orion
Starring Anthony Michael Hall, Robert Downey, Jr., and Uma Thurman. Football recruiting film. Locations: SA Int'l Airport, Alamo Heights High School, Alamo Stadium, Olmos Pharmacy, Monte Vista, Blossom Athletic Center, Cambridge Elementary, Concord Athletic Club, downtown Post Office, St. Mary's University, Incarnate Word University, Institute of Texan Cultures, Jefferson High School, Stinson Field, Park Motel

Nadine - Tri-Star
Starring Jeff Bridges, Kim Basinger, Rip Torn, and Gwen Verdon. Locations: King William Historic District

Pee Wee's Big Adventure - Warner Bros
Starring Pee Wee Herman. Locations: Alamo Plaza

Cloak and Dagger - Universal
Starring Dabney Coleman and ET's Henry Thomas. Locations: Alamo Plaza, the Riverwalk, Japanese Sunken Gardens, Tower Life Building. Thomas lives in SA

Wrong is Right - Columbia
Starring Sean Connery, Katharine Ross. Shot an assassination attempt on US Presidential candidate. Location: Alamo Plaza

Honeysuckle Rose - Warner Bros
Starring Willie Nelson. Location: HemisFair Arena

The Big Brawl - Weintraub Prods
Starring Jackie Chan and Jose Ferrer. Shot SA for 1930's Chicago. Locations: St. Mary Street (downtown), downtown Post Office, Floresville

Rolling Thunder - Lawrence/Gordon
Starring William Devane and Tommy Lee Jones. Jones lives in SA

The Great Waldo Pepper

Race With the Devil - Saber Prods
Starring Peter Fonda, Warren Oates and Loretta Switt

Sugarland Express - Universal
Starring Goldie Hawn and William Atherton. Spielberg's first major directorial debut. Locations: Floresville

Prelude to Happiness - Independent Feature

The Getaway - Landau/Unger
Starring Steve McQueen and Ali McGraw. Directed by Sam Peckinpah...great chase on SA's RiverWalk

Viva Max - National-General
Starring Peter Ustinov, Jonathan Winters and John Astin. Comedy depicting Mexican Army trying to re-take the Alamo

Air Cadet - Universal
Starring Stephen McNally, Richard Long and Rock Hudson. Location: Randolph AFB

I Wanted Wings - Paramount
Starring Ray Milland, William Holden, Veronica Lake. Received Oscar for Special Effects. Locations: Randolph AFB

High School - 20th Century Fox

The Fall of the Alamo - Vitaphone

West Point of the Air - MGM
Starring Wallace Beery, Robert Young, Maureen O'Sullivan, Rosalind Russell and Robert Taylor

Wings - Paramount
Starring Clara Bow, Buddy Rogers and Gary Cooper. William Wellman directed this movie which was awarded the first Academy Award for Best Picture...also Cooper's debut in movies...some of the best flying sequences ever filmed...Silent Motion Picture

The Big Parade - MGM
Starring John Gilbert, and Renee Adoree. One of King Vidor's finest

The Warrens of Virginia - Fox Films
Locations: Brackenridge Park

SA210
04-24-2006, 12:36 PM
San Antonio TELEVISION PROJECTS

2003 Miss USA Pageant
Foto-Novelas 2 - PBS
Two for Texas - Turner
Si TV - Valdez Productions
Lone Star Know It Alls
A Night on the Riverwalk - Almadon Prods.
True Women - Signboard Hill Prods.
Rough Riders - Levinson/Turner - TNT
Latino Laugh Festival - Viacom/Showtime
Heaven Help Us - Spelling Prods.
Gambler V - CBS
Heaven & Hell, North & South Book III - ABC
Bob Hope's 4-Star Christmas Fiesta - NBC
Knight Rider 2000 - Desperado/NBC
Just Good Friends - Desperado/ABC
Fast Lane - Desperado/ABC
Live with Regis & Kathie Lee - Buena Vista
Totally Pauly - MTV
Attitudes - Lifetime Network
American Chronicles - Lynch/Frost
America's Most Wanted - Fox
Unsolved Mysteries - Cosgrove-Meurer
Under Fire - Landsburg Prods.
Unholy Matrimony - Scherick Co.
Bill: On His Own - Landsburg Prods.
J. J. Starbuck - Cannell/NBC
Perry Como Christmas Special - ABC
My Two Loves - ABC
General Hospital - ABC
Two Hundred Miles for Stephanie - NBC

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
04-24-2006, 01:50 PM
San Antonio TELEVISION PROJECTS
America's Most Wanted - Fox
Unsolved Mysteries - Cosgrove-Meurer
[/b]

You probably would have been better off if you left those off the list.

ploto
04-24-2006, 01:57 PM
How can you forget this guy being in town?

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_8_3/images/movie-all-the-pretty-horses.jpg

Phenomanul
04-24-2006, 03:23 PM
Another Gigli flop???

Vashner
04-24-2006, 03:26 PM
Eva's love interest has been announced!

http://images.amazon.com/images/G/01/dvd/lost/100441_8404-lg.jpg

(I like this guy just thought it was funny)