PDA

View Full Version : Question about interracial dating.

T Park
04-24-2006, 01:39 AM
I ask this, because of two reasons,

1, the only interracial couple I know is Kori and LJ, and I dont want to bother them with bothersome questions, I bug the shit out of em enough on their forum :lol

Has anyone here dated, interracially?

I say this because of point 2.

Ive met prob the most fantastic woman I've ever met.
She reminds me of my fiance, but well this may sound bad, but better.

I think I'm falling for her pretty bad, and I couldnt be happier.

Well, the reason for the thread, is shes black.

I don't really care what race she is.

The only thing weve discussed is she doesn't care about my race either, she said that we have to be carefull of people's remarks, and people's judgements.

I of course said I don't care and I don't.

Is there anything, that I can do, special, to make this work right?

or should I just treat it like any other relationship?

Thanks for your help guys.

T-Pain
04-24-2006, 01:48 AM
i just went out with a white girl this past weekend (im hispanic) and I treated her like i would any other girl. I would just treat it like any other relationship and not do anything "special" because of the difference of race. If you got feelings for her, then race really shouldnt matter.

sa_butta
04-24-2006, 01:49 AM
Seriously, man I havent dated within my race since 7th grade. If you dig the girl and yall have good times together enjoy it and disregard the critics Treat her with respect just like other girls, there will be a time when something comes up Im sure but you will know what to do. It may feel akward at first but aint nothin but a color man.
Good luck, Im sure you will both learn alot of new things along the way.

T Park
04-24-2006, 01:50 AM
Like I said, it doesn't.

But I just wondered if there ways to handle things different.

Its prob a stupid question to ask.

Ive just never dated outside of my race before, and, didn't know if there were dos and donts to interracial dating.

KEDA
04-24-2006, 01:55 AM
probably wouldnt do Popeyes on the first date.

Seriously bro, who cares, if you like her and she likes you, so what.

now if she had a third arm, well then, that might be different!

sa_butta
04-24-2006, 01:57 AM
Like I said, it doesn't.

But I just wondered if there ways to handle things different.

Its prob a stupid question to ask.

Ive just never dated outside of my race before, and, didn't know if there were dos and donts to interracial dating.In here lies the problem dont be so conscience about does and donts just be yourself and have fun with her. You dont have to walk on eggs shells because she is black. Enjoy your self and each other (lol sounds like Jerry Springer).

T Park
04-24-2006, 02:02 AM
probably wouldnt do Popeyes on the first date.

ya know whats cool about her.

We can crack on each others race and we both laugh.

Shell even crack on being black, its hilarious.

we both share the same sense of humor, so I know were gonna have an amazing time tommarow.

Thanks Butta, yeah I know, its just, this woman, from talking to her, is just soo amazing, I didn't want to do anything to screw it up.

Im walking on eggshells in the sense that I dont want to F this great oppurtunity up :lol

T Park
04-24-2006, 02:04 AM
T PORK HAS A LITTLE JUNGLE FEVER!

On a more serious note TPark, I have read a couple threads of you saying you "have met the girl of ur dreams" or stuff like that....hmmmm

Thank you very much for the intelligent remarks GIG..

T Park
04-24-2006, 02:07 AM
Why dont you mind your own business if your going to make stupid snide remarks like that......

Vashner
04-24-2006, 03:21 AM
I don't think anyone in this town cares anymore. Everyone is sleeping together one way or another. :)

Don't worry about other people it's 2006 don't let anyone treat you like it's the 1906.

ChumpDumper
04-24-2006, 03:45 AM
All I can say is if she ever talks seriously about race, you just have to accept and respect it. She knows things you don't and never will.

Otherwise, don't worry. Enjoy.

Samr
04-24-2006, 06:41 AM
Fortunately, it's becoming more and more acceptable. There will be the typical stereotypical remarks towards both of you, largely because you will now be drawing criticism from the racists in both groups, instead of avoiding them alltogether, and that is something you're just going to have to deal with.

I think the key isn't doing or acting any differently, it is just learning to have thick skin.

There will always be those people in the extremes wherever you go: extremely right or left, extremely religious or athiest, extremely sexist or racist or Lakers fans. So just learn to deal, laugh, and move on.

MaNuMaNiAc
04-24-2006, 06:53 AM

1, the only interracial couple I know is Kori and LJ, and I dont want to bother them with bothersome questions, I bug the shit out of em enough on their forum :lol

The only thing weve discussed is she doesn't care about my race either, she said that we have to be carefull of people's remarks, and people's judgements.

just don't quit if/when the things turn sour, you know what I'm saying?

JoeChalupa
04-24-2006, 07:28 AM
TPark, You must not have seen any of the pics of my wife and I at the GTG's. I'm married to a beautiful African-American woman and wouldn't have it any other way. Love is blind and it is a good thing. It has never been an issue for us at all.
Marriage rocks!!!!

Taco
04-24-2006, 08:26 AM
TPark, You must not have seen any of the pics of my wife and I at the GTG's. I'm married to a beautiful African-American woman and wouldn't have it any other way. Love is blind and it is a good thing. It has never been an issue for us at all.
Marriage rocks!!!!

Yes she is my Tortilla brother!!!

My sister in-law is married to a African-American man

He's pretty cool

I have a cool Brutha - in - law :fro

desflood
04-24-2006, 08:32 AM
I'm white and my husband is Hispanic. We crack all the time about how our three half-breed offspring just look like little white kids anyway. It's just a part of life, like anything else.

mookie2001
04-24-2006, 08:37 AM
gtown asks her to stop using her vote to further the homosexual agenda

2Blonde
04-24-2006, 08:51 AM
My husband is Hawaiian/Pacific Islander/Korean & part causcasian. He calls me his white woman. :spin

We're all a melting pot anymore so I don't really see the big deal. Great people come in in all shapes, sizes and ethnicities.

Taco
04-24-2006, 08:54 AM
Remember the 99.5 Kiss Drop

"White Meat!!!

I love White Meat!!!"

angel_luv
04-24-2006, 09:13 AM
My parents dated inter racially. He birthfather is black. My birthmom is white. Personally, I'm happy with the result. Anything that involves me can't be all bad. hehehe :)

:lol

Seriously though I think you should be with whomever you fall in love with regardless of race.

T Park
04-24-2006, 09:41 AM
My parents dated inter racially. He birthfather is black. My birthmom is white. Personally, I'm happy with the result. Anything that involves me can't be all bad. hehehe

Yeah her mom is black, and her dad is half black half white.

Thanks for the advice guys, Im off right now to pick her up, were gonna do some shopping at the Shops @ La Cantera and have lunch at PF Changs..

Cupid
04-24-2006, 09:59 AM
I'm on this like white on.....never mind.

Vashner
04-24-2006, 12:11 PM
This is the best town for it tolerance wise. Because we came together as Tejano's from the begining white, native, spanish and black since the Alamo and Mission's days.

It was never just a one color organized society. Well except for some of the indian tribes we wasted but hey you know what I mean.

Melmart1
04-24-2006, 12:38 PM
I have dated men of other races, and the best thing to do is not even make it an issue. If you don't make it an issue, it won't be one. If other people have a problem wiht it, it is THEIR issue, not yours. Don't pick up and carry someone else's baggage.

That being said, good luck to you! I hope you guys had an awesome friggin time!

ObiwanGinobili
04-24-2006, 12:52 PM
I dated a black guy for 2 years before I met & married my mexican husband.

There's no difference.

then again I've never dated a white guy... so maybe there is. :lol

Are there alot of instances of disparafing remarks and so forth for interracial couples in Texas?? When I was dating LaJarvis I lived in Connecticut.. hardly anyone dated inside their own race ... almost every girl/boy, boy/boy or girl/girl couple around was interracial.

Horry For 3!
04-24-2006, 01:08 PM
I dated a black guy for 2 years before I met & married my mexican husband.

There's no difference.

then again I've never dated a white guy... so maybe there is. :lol

Are there alot of instances of disparafing remarks and so forth for interracial couples in Texas?? When I was dating LaJarvis I lived in Connecticut.. hardly anyone dated inside their own race ... almost every girl/boy, boy/boy or girl/girl couple around was interracial.
There can be conflict in Texas, yeah. In dealing with white/black relationships, I know a lot of white people who hate blacks. My friend saw this black guy with this white girl and he went crazy, he wanted to whip his ass. So yeah there will be conflicts but that is life.

Yet, he could be pissed because at A&M-Kingsville, most of the good looking white girls are dating the black football/basketball players :lol

ObiwanGinobili
04-24-2006, 01:11 PM
I'm white and my husband is Hispanic. We crack all the time about how our three half-breed offspring just look like little white kids anyway. It's just a part of life, like anything else.

:lol so do our two. they look so white.... untill one asks where the bano is or if they can have papa fritas with dinner.
Isabella counts like this: one dos tres four five seis seven ocho nine. :lmao

ObiwanGinobili
04-24-2006, 01:13 PM
There can be conflict in Texas, yeah. In dealing with white/black relationships, I know a lot of white people who hate blacks. My friend saw this black guy with this white girl and he went crazy, he wanted to whip his ass. So yeah there will be conflicts but that is life.
Yet, he could be pissed because at A&M-Kingsville, most of the good looking white girls are dating the black football/basketball players :lol

:huh :wtf your friends withthis shithead?????

Lebowski Brickowski
04-24-2006, 01:29 PM
nm

dougp
04-24-2006, 03:01 PM

You're down in Kingsville? That's where I was born ... my dad graduated from there when it was A&I ... too bad they got bought out :(

Duff McCartney
04-24-2006, 03:05 PM
I'm against interracial relationships but only if the guy is white.

LittleGeneral
04-24-2006, 03:10 PM
Most important question: Is she a Spurs fan?

Just kidding...good luck, T Park.

tlongII
04-24-2006, 03:20 PM

Just buy her lots of stuff as usual and things should be fine.

2Blonde
04-24-2006, 03:26 PM
I'm against interracial relationships but only if the guy is white.

:wtf

T Park
04-24-2006, 03:31 PM
2blonde.

does it surprise you that shithead would utter such verbal idiocy?

JoeChalupa
04-24-2006, 03:42 PM
Good luck. :tu Be yourself.

ALVAREZ6
04-24-2006, 03:46 PM
does she got junk in da trunk?

ALVAREZ6
04-24-2006, 03:48 PM

And that doesn't only happen in Texas lol, I have friends that are like that.

CosmicCowboy
04-24-2006, 03:52 PM
What about T-Long's inter-species dating? Anyone else gone there?
http://www.demochoice.org/img/zoo/sheep.jpg

IX_Equilibrium
04-24-2006, 03:54 PM
I think a black/white couple is different than say a white/hispanic couple because most of society accepts white/hispanic couples. White/black couples seem to draw more controversy because there are alot of whites who don't like to see another white with a black and vice versa.

Kori Ellis
04-24-2006, 03:58 PM
I think a black/white couple is different than say a white/hispanic couple because most of society accepts white/hispanic couples. White/black couples seem to draw more controversy because there are alot of whites who don't like to see another white with a black and vice versa.

I agree with this statment.

But my thoughts to TPark ... race doesn't really matter. A small number of people will always be ignorant and say crass things to you no matter what kind of relationship you are in, so just have fun, treat her with the same respect you'd treat any woman, and don't rush things. You'll be fine.

ALVAREZ6
04-24-2006, 04:14 PM
Props to T Park! Good luck dude

:tu

tlongII
04-24-2006, 04:17 PM

CUTE picture!

SpursWoman
04-24-2006, 04:24 PM

User is a damned German Italian ... but I treat him as I would any other Irish Indian and we've been pretty happy for over a year and a half now. :lol

Good luck! :)

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-24-2006, 04:25 PM

:lmao

Damnit, I hadn't but I was about to!!

I was just going to advise T not to limit himself merely to interracial relationships!! :lol

StrongPersuader
04-24-2006, 05:05 PM
Be strong and you may persuade her to continue seeing you.

2Blonde
04-24-2006, 05:24 PM
User is a damned German Italian ... but I treat him as I would any other Irish Indian and we've been pretty happy for over a year and a half now. :lol

Good luck! :)
:lmao

T Park
04-24-2006, 05:27 PM
Well we went on the date today, and it was fantastic. We had a great time walking around the Shops at La Cantera.

Got me some sweet shades, wich, she picked out, (shes got great taste in fashion, I told her unfortunately the fashionable stuff doesnt come in the size "Oh my god its coming tword us" so shell have to wait on me after the summer and my dieting.

But we had a great time, we had some cross looks at the PF Changs at lunch, wich I found weird, but, when we walked along, people smiled to us and nodded as if everything was cool.

Annndddd

after the Fiesta theres another date, so, I didnt T Park it up :lol

Thanks for the advice guys!!!!

Allan Rowe vs Wade
04-24-2006, 05:37 PM
buy a BMW, all girls like them.
They don't care about material things, what car you drive, looks, anything like that. But they LOVE BMWs!

ShoogarBear
04-24-2006, 05:54 PM
Just buy her lots of stuff as usual and things should be fine.

:tu

Duff McCartney
04-24-2006, 06:12 PM
2blonde.

does it surprise you that shithead would utter such verbal idiocy?

It's obvious you've never seen National Security....bah. Figures.

Brodels
04-24-2006, 06:14 PM
Yeah, race shouldn't be a barrier to anything and it shouldn't make much a difference. I couldn't imagine that you would want to do anything differently because of race.

If nothing else, it might help to simply be aware that there are jugheads out there who are still against such things, and that you'll have to take anything like that you come across in stride and not let it affect you.

I kinda dug a black girl once, but it wasn't the right time to make a move. Best of luck.

gameFACE
04-24-2006, 07:24 PM
Yeahh you're going to get looks but as long as you are yourself and are comfortable with it you will be happy.

My girlfriend is white. And i'm talking the casserole eating white type, too, who lives up in Cibolo. White people from NE San Antonio seem to be the whitest. And I grew up a wannabee vato on the soufside. When we've had disagreements, though, they've been colorless. Love has no color. But we still probably wont stop for gas in Vidor, Texas.

Glad you had a good time on your date and I wish you the best.

usckk
04-24-2006, 07:28 PM
I'm Asian and everyone in TN is pretty much white. haha, so yes, there's no problems with race, especially nowadays.

SpursWoman
04-24-2006, 07:31 PM
White people from NE San Antonio seem to be the whitest.

I went to Roosevelt High School, which was only about 5 miles away from Judson High School. And I'm working on my spray-on tan, thankyouverymuch.

:fro

gameFACE
04-24-2006, 07:38 PM

Do you turn pink if you try and tan? My GF is a redhead so I tell her not even try it. If I could lend y'all some pigment I would. I turn into island boy during the summer.

Brodels
04-24-2006, 07:40 PM
And i'm talking the casserole eating white type, too, who lives up in Cibolo.

:lol I think this is probably funny, but I don't think I really get it. Casserole-eating type?

I like casseroles, and I'm about as white as one can be, but I still don't get it.

SpursWoman
04-24-2006, 07:40 PM
I turn lobster red & freckled. :lol

Melmart1
04-24-2006, 07:48 PM
Hector, share some with me! This Mexican looks like Morticia Addams :depressed This is probably why it's no problem if I date a white guy, everyone thinks I am dating within my race anyways :lol

ObiwanGinobili
04-24-2006, 08:00 PM
:lol I think this is probably funny, but I don't think I really get it. Casserole-eating type?

I like casseroles, and I'm about as white as one can be, but I still don't get it.

a casserole eating type white person would also be voted most likely to:
own a buick or oldsmobile
wear Lee jeans
shop exclusivly at Walmart.
for special occasion items they may shop at Fashion Bug or Casual Corner
have a room or rooms in their home decorated in mid-80's country, heavy on the williamsburg blue
eat white bread
think taco bell is too spicey

SpursWoman
04-24-2006, 08:14 PM
Well this casserole eating white person:

Has owned 2 Buicks, 2 Fords, and 2 Pontiacs
Wears Levi's and Gap jeans
Shopped yesterday at Old Navy, Bath & Body Works, Foleys and Target
Special occasions I usually go to Dillards or Macy's
My house is primarily a reddish-maroon
We eat whole wheat bread
Thinks the secret ingredient in Taco Bell could trigger a nuclear explosion.

:fro

ALVAREZ6
04-24-2006, 08:24 PM
Now that the subject is here, I might as well ask for people's opinions on things.

I'm not saying I don't know the answers, they are just interesting questions to talk about.

Why do people consider all Mexican-white relationships interracial?

Do you consider a white person w/ a person with spanish background interracial? (after all, Spain is in Europe, people seem to forget)

I know that the % of native american influence is high in Mexico and most countries of Latin America, but what about those Mexicans that are 100% spanish decent? If they date a white person, is that interracial???

Aren't all people who originate from Europe supposed to be classified as caucasian? Or is it only Irish/English/German/Italian/anything other than Spanish?

I get pissed off by people who are italian that consider spanish interracial, I mean, what's the difference between an Italian and Spanish person? You look the same, almost talk the same, and Italy is next to Spain.

I'm just trying to stir up some conversation.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-24-2006, 08:26 PM
Now that the subject is here, I might as well ask for people's opinions on things.

I'm not saying I don't know the answers, they are just interesting questions to talk about.

Do you consider a white person w/ a person with spanish background interracial? (after all, Spain is in Europe, people seem to forget)

I know that the % of native american influence is high in Mexico and most countries of Latin America, but what about those Mexicans that are 100% spanish decent? If they date a white person, is that interracial???

Aren't all people who originate from Europe supposed to be classified as caucasian? Or is it only Irish/English/German/Italian/anything other than Spanish?

I get pissed off by people who are italian that consider spanish interracial, I mean, what's the difference between an Italian and Spanish person?

Technically we're all supposed to be descended from Adam and Eve, so you could say we're all a bunch of incestual inbreds.

ALVAREZ6
04-24-2006, 08:33 PM
Technically we're all supposed to be descended from Adam and Eve, so you could say we're all a bunch of incestual inbreds.
That's not scientific, that's religion.

NASpurs
04-24-2006, 08:38 PM

I get pissed off by people who are italian that consider spanish interracial, I mean, what's the difference between an Italian and Spanish person?

I'm just trying to stir up some conversation.Yeah I know what you mean by those questions. I'm a white hispanic... I was born with blonde hair and everything. My sisters were blonde as well and one is still blonde with green eyes (she used to have blue eyes). All of us with the same parents yet if I dated a "white" girl, you know American, I'm dating outside the race? WTF

I even know my great grandparents came from Spain and everything.

ALVAREZ6
04-24-2006, 08:48 PM
Yeah I know what you mean by those questions. I'm a white hispanic... I was born with blonde hair and everything. My sisters were blonde as well and one is still blonde with green eyes (she used to have blue eyes). All of us with the same parents yet if I dated a "white" girl, you know American, I'm dating outside the race? WTF

I even know my great grandparents came from Spain and everything.
Exactly dude.

I was born in Argentina, and most Argentineans are purely European, not many "mestizos" as most other latin american countries.

My ancestors are mainly from Italy, then Spain, then France.

If I marry a white American girl, is that interracial?

What I love about being a minority and having an extremely Spanish name is college acceptance! :lol

NASpurs
04-24-2006, 08:55 PM
Exactly dude.

I was born in Argentina, and most Argentineans are purely European, not many "mestizos" as most other latin american countries.

My ancestors are mainly from Italy, then Spain, then France.

If I marry a white American girl, is that interracial?

What I love about being a minority and having an extremely Spanish name is college acceptance! :lolWeren't Italians not considered white a long time ago? The thing with Latinos is that we can be black, white, asian and all shades of colors in between so it's hard to categorize us. It's not like all Americans are white you know? But these Americans are classifying us as a race and that's where they go wrong. It's more of a culture than anything else.

Anyway have you seen in news reports or whatever when they talk about Latinos and white Americans.... they say non-white Hispanics to refer the white Americans as? :lol At least some things are changing.

NASpurs
04-24-2006, 08:57 PM
You know what? It's like saying if a black latino dates a black person from here in the US, is that interracial dating?

ALVAREZ6
04-24-2006, 09:04 PM
Weren't Italians not considered white a long time ago? The thing with Latinos is that we can be black, white, asian and all shades of colors in between so it's hard to categorize us. It's not like all Americans are white you know? But these Americans are classifying us as a race and that's where they go wrong. It's more of a culture than anything else.

Anyway have you seen in news reports or whatever when they talk about Latinos and white Americans.... they say non-white Hispanics to refer the white Americans as? :lol At least some things are changing.
Oh I know, I know all the answers to my questions, it's just for people to think about.

Where people get these ideas...I don't know.

For all those bullshit standarized tests that you take in HS, like the SAT's and crap like that, they have you fill out information like birthdate, gender, and then race.

They have a bunch of options for race, but I fit into two of them: Latino/hispanic and caucasian.

I don't even remember which I put down anymore, I think I change it every time! :lmao

I mean, I'm considered latino/hispanic from where I am born, but all of my ancestors are from Europe, mainly Italy, so I could be considered caucasian.

I better keep putting down Latino/hispanic though, it will get the colleges' attention if my name itself doesn't already.

NASpurs
04-24-2006, 09:06 PM
Oh I know, I know all the answers to my questions, it's just for people to think about.

Where people get these ideas...I don't know.

For all those bullshit standarized tests that you take in HS, like the SAT's and crap like that, they have you fill out information like birthdate, gender, and then race.

They have a bunch of options for race, but I fit into two of them: Latino/hispanic and caucasian.

I don't even remember which I put down anymore, I think I change it every time! :lmao

I mean, I'm considered latino/hispanic from where I am born, but all of my ancestors are from Europe, mainly Italy, so I could be considered caucasian.

I better keep putting down Latino/hispanic though, it will get the colleges' attention if my name itself doesn't already.Funny thing is if we were back in our respective countries and they asked us that, we would put caucasian down since being Latino over there is obvious:lol

ALVAREZ6
04-24-2006, 09:10 PM
Funny thing is if we were back in our respective countries and they asked us that, we would put caucasian down since being Latino over there is obvious:lol

Where are you from??

Did you mean that you are white hispanic as in you have both backgrounds but you were born in the US, or where were you born?

NASpurs
04-24-2006, 09:14 PM

Where are you from??

Did you mean that you are white hispanic as in you have both backgrounds but you were born in the US, or where were you born?I'm from Costa Rica. Over there there's not that many mestizos since the Spaniards killed almost all the few Indians that were there (yeah harsh but true). Ton of Spanish descendents there.

As for your other question, no I'm full Latino... no American in me unless you wanna start with the whole argument we Latinos go through with Americans in saying that all Americans are people born in North, Central and South America but that's another argument :lol

I just meant that if we were back in Argentina for example, they wouldn't ask you if you were Latino in a question... they would ask you if you were black, white, asian...etc

ALVAREZ6
04-24-2006, 09:19 PM
I'm from Costa Rica. Over there there's not that many mestizos since the Spaniards killed almost all the few Indians that were there (yeah harsh but true). Ton of Spanish descendents there.

That's basically the same thing that happened in Argentina.

katyon6th
04-24-2006, 09:24 PM
I'm 1/2 Filipino and the rest of me is made up of Irish, European Spanish, and a small amount of Cherokee. I clearly don't look caucasian, after all, I am nicely browned. And I've never dated anyone of Asian decent, I love the white guys.

I do believe interracial couples produce the best looking babies too.

And T Park, if you're into her and she's into you, fuck with other's think. Ignorance isn't bliss, it's fucking lame.

SequSpur
04-24-2006, 09:29 PM
tpark must have a big weiner.

scott
04-24-2006, 09:34 PM
I'm interracial, which is great because it means I have access to minority business grants at taxpayer's like T Park expense.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-24-2006, 09:34 PM
Lol

Extra Stout
04-24-2006, 09:43 PM

I get pissed off by people who are italian that consider spanish interracial, I mean, what's the difference between an Italian and Spanish person? You look the same, almost talk the same, and Italy is next to Spain.

Careful... whoever breaks the news to Mexicans that they're really basically white people is going to have a coalition of racist rednecks and race-baiting liberals hunt him down and lynch him. There's a lot of money and power vested both in making people fear those who are different, and in creating an aggrieved victim class in the USA.

scott
04-24-2006, 09:47 PM
My grandmother makes it very clear she is proud to be Mexican-American, but is also white (by virtue of hispanic being white).

Jekka
04-24-2006, 10:01 PM
Weren't Italians not considered white a long time ago?

Yes - racial categorization in the US has a pretty fucked up history. Basically, even past the period of eugenics, everything that wasn't nordic wasn't white - that includes olive complexions traditionally from the Mediterranean, etc. Actually, even South Asians (Indians, etc), who were considered caucasoid and not mongoloid like the rest of Asia, were not granted citizenship until almost the middle of the 20th century because they were brown. They also weren't allowed to marry white women (this was decided on a case by case basis by a local judge), but could marry Mexican-American women, because both parties were brown. Thus the population of Stockton with names like Jose Ali Ahkmed or Maria Singh.

Moral of story - who cares what society thinks, because society has been stupid for a really long time. Date whomever makes you happy.

davi78239
04-24-2006, 10:09 PM
I'm one of those "white latinos" too. Funny, because in school enrollment( I went to Roosevelt too, like someone else mentioned before) I was marked White and not hispanic. I believe they go by what you look like and not even your last name makes a difference. People with Williams or other names like that would be marked Hispanic. In my honest opinion, I think they should just leave race and ethnicity out of things because we are all americans and that's all that should matter. This race/ethnic thing has become too complicated over the years and more people are mixing with each other and the damn thing gets pretty wild when you try to evaluate it.

gameFACE
04-24-2006, 10:32 PM
I don't remember who he was interviewing about interacial relations but on his show Bill Maher asked the question "aren't we eventually going to fuck our way into one race anyway?" :lmao

My stepson, who I raised, was half black. He had green eyes from his mom (my ex) who was 1/2 white + 1/2 hispanic. He is one good lookin' kid. Blacks refer to his type as a Redbone because he turns red when he sweats.

Just for the record there are a few casseroles I will eat like king ranch chicken. But tamale casserole is heresy. No way, man.

PizzaDeliveryGuy
04-24-2006, 10:34 PM
I'm not Italian but I love pizza...it's the delivering part that sucks.

baseline bum
04-24-2006, 11:08 PM
The blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice.

jcrod
04-24-2006, 11:24 PM
I'm a Mexican-American, my wife is mostly Mexican-American, with about 1/4 Itilian and some Irish. Her moms side consists of her family (half Mexican-American and Itilian) marrying mostly Caucasians. I'm basicaly the only person that looks Mexican there.

Her dad side mostly stayed Mexican-American all the way, as well as my side of the family.

It's all good, don't even sweat the race thing.

I tell you what I never liked Itilian food until I meet my wife.

MrChug
04-24-2006, 11:35 PM
I don't know...I used to think this was a deal when I was younger, like a young teenager but now I realize it's all about who you have chemistry with. You probably have already figured out that you have a "type"...and if not, you're probably redefining it by the minute. Just be happy with what you get and don't let it go. If yall can talk for hours and have PHYSICAL chemisty (yes, it's PARAMOUNT), then let it ride. I know that personally I have types, colors, races, ethnicities, that I'm not ATTRACTED to, but it's just that...I'M NOT ATTRACTED TO THEM. So, to that end...it wouldn't work anyway cuz you couldnt even FORCE me to date them. I do know, however that I'm not predisposed to avoiding anyone just because of their ethnic, racial, or other background. Just do it.

T Park
04-24-2006, 11:51 PM
It's obvious you've never seen National Security....bah. Figures.

pardon me, Im not up on my B Movie watching lately...

kris
04-25-2006, 12:03 AM
I myself have encountered your very quandry. I'm a full fledged medium darker skinned white person and my girlfriend is a very light white person. Basically our theory is if you want to be together, just be together and don't worry about the haters. People probably talk, but so what? If you aren't accepting in this day and age you are just going to get left behind anyways.

We accept ourselves and know if we ever got married and had kids they could turn out all sorts of shades of white, but hey sometimes you just gotta accept who you are and move on. We're from two different worlds and two different cultures but one thing we're not going to do is let the color of our skin seperate us.

Lady Marmalade
04-25-2006, 02:05 AM
Most important question: Is she a Spurs fan?

Just kidding...good luck, T Park.

For the 1st time EVER I'm dating someone who is not a Spurs fan. (Well I've dated non-Spurs fans who just didn't watch NBA before.) This guy is a Lakers fan.

Darrin
04-25-2006, 03:48 AM
Forgive me for my naive attitude, but I don't see what the big deal is. If the woman is attractive, fun to be around, and reciprocates those feelings, isn't it just a part of a person's baggage, their background and experience up to this point?

I'm as lilly-white as they come - German, Dutch, and Scottish background with about 1/16th Shashawnee Indian. I'm transparent, I'm so "fair-skined." I've had exactly one "white" girlfriend in my lifetime. My first crush was on a 3rd-generation Indian-American. My longest relationship was with a full-blooded Italian American. Her Grandmother spoke very little English, but my girlfriend was just as Southeastern Michigan suburbanite as myself. She nuked her meals just like me, and the only time she spoke about her racial heritage is when she referred to how she was teased as a child. No one ever glared at us in public or anything like that.

My experience is that it's not that big of a deal.

andrea
05-22-2006, 12:40 AM
What is an hispanic anyway? is that a race? just asking because i'm argentinian and most of people here look just white, true whites I mean, not like the ligh mestizos from Mexico.

I'm blondes, redheads, brunettes with blue, green, hazel and brown eyes.

Take a look for yourselves

http://cometoargentina.tripod.com/id5.html

For the argentinian who asked before who is french-spanish-italian and married another white but from Us. No, of course that is not an interracial couple for god's sake a Mexican-Argentinian couple is probably a true interracial couple.

valluco
05-22-2006, 12:49 AM
Mexicans fuck everything. We've tainted white, black, asian, native american, etc. with our seed.

Melmart1
05-22-2006, 12:50 AM
Andrea, you seem to be pulling up threads about race- are you here to talk basketball or stir shit up?

Trainwreck2100
05-22-2006, 01:38 AM
Mexicans fuck everything. We've tainted white, black, asian, native american, etc. with our seed.
You forgot "other mexicans"

Trainwreck2100
05-22-2006, 01:42 AM
What is an hispanic anyway? is that a race? just asking because i'm argentinian and most of people here look just white, true whites I mean, not like the ligh mestizos from Mexico.

I'm blondes, redheads, brunettes with blue, green, hazel and brown eyes.

Take a look for yourselves

http://cometoargentina.tripod.com/id5.html

For the argentinian who asked before who is french-spanish-italian and married another white but from Us. No, of course that is not an interracial couple for god's sake a Mexican-Argentinian couple is probably a true interracial couple.

That's great, but what does it have to do with TPark banging a black girl.

MissAllThat
05-22-2006, 01:47 AM
Pretty funny, I just watched "Something New" (its a movie with Sanaa Lathan in which she dates a white guy), and then I get on here and this thread is up. Maybe you should check it out TPark. I'm not saying it will help with your relationship, but some of the things in that movie are true. They also did an Oprah special back when the movie came out about the same topic.

T Park
05-22-2006, 08:03 AM
We arent dating anymore.

She got a job offer to work in houston, and I told her shed be nuts not to take it.

No biggie, we just started dating, so its no heartbreak or anything.

valluco
05-22-2006, 08:27 AM
You forgot "other mexicans"
That my friend, is a given.

valluco
05-22-2006, 08:27 AM
We arent dating anymore.

She got a job offer to work in houston, and I told her shed be nuts not to take it.

No biggie, we just started dating, so its no heartbreak or anything.
Sorry to hear that man.

ObiwanGinobili
05-22-2006, 09:05 AM
in 100 years Mexicans will have fucked the world into one race. Mexican.

Trainwreck2100
05-22-2006, 11:42 AM
in 100 years Mexicans will have fucked the world into one race. Mexican.

Don't forget the "you're mexican?" race.

John Doe
05-22-2006, 12:03 PM
My great grand father was from Mexico but when someone asks me what I am my reply is..... American. I usually get a blank look momentarily then they change the subject.

JoeChalupa
05-22-2006, 12:31 PM
I'm human.....most of the time.

Steve Javie
05-22-2006, 12:44 PM
Im Dating A Cuban... And Hes Fitly Rich And Owns The Mavericks....

CavsSuperFan
05-22-2006, 01:09 PM
Race or Religion has nothing to do with it!

If a gal looks like this (http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:SKWlHDEt7rYxIM:http://mcmi.com/vd/imageworld/gallery/asiangirls/001_030.jpg), or this (http://www.bravesbeat.com/photos/rap/030104/r103.jpg) and she is dating a guy that looks like this (http://spurstalk.com/forums/image.php?u=267&dateline=1100212558), you have to ask yourself why?

Most guys will think that, they should have explored interracial dating before, how could they have been blind to it all these years, this beautiful girl loves me for who I am, not what I look like....

Riiiiiight....Then you sign on the dotted line and learn that her real name is She-Needa...As in She-Needa new car, She-Needa big diamond ring, She-Needa big house etc etc...

johnsmith
05-22-2006, 01:34 PM
Vashner, get off your soapbox for once.

Vashner
05-22-2006, 01:49 PM
Interracial dating is good. San Antonio is a good place to do it..

If haters don't like it they should move.

I "almost" guaransheed a lock.

johnsmith
05-22-2006, 01:52 PM
What makes San Antonio a good place for it? I don't really care if someone dates outside their race, who cares? But what makes SA any better then anywhere else?

ObiwanGinobili
05-22-2006, 01:58 PM
San Antonio is a much better place to interracial date then say... well most of Alabama or East Texas.

Vashner
05-22-2006, 02:00 PM
Love knows no color...

johnsmith
05-22-2006, 02:01 PM
San Antonio is a much better place to interracial date then say... well most of Alabama or East Texas.

Ok, agreed. I forgot about the Jackass sections of America. Let me rephrase my question then, why is SA any better then for example, Denver or Boise or Minneapolis?

johnsmith
05-22-2006, 02:02 PM
Love knows no color...

Dude, get off your soapbox.

tlongII
05-22-2006, 02:17 PM
How about inter-species dating?

JoeChalupa
05-22-2006, 02:18 PM
Love knows no color...

I concur.

jman3000
05-22-2006, 03:06 PM
Because there is a higher tolerance for it here then in other places? Since San Antonio already has a majority minority population there is less stigmas associated with interracial dating/marriage. I'm hispanic and have dated a white girl, a half white half hispanic, and a hispanic. Neither times have their parents been cautious of me or the like... I can't be 100% sure that would always be the case in other parts of the country (or even here) where the white population is partially an enclave unto itself.

katyon6th
05-22-2006, 03:08 PM
jman3000 strikes me as an intelligent guy.

tlongII
05-22-2006, 03:11 PM
I would like to date a hispanic female. Unfortunately they keep turning me down.

1Parker1
05-22-2006, 03:31 PM
We have a lot of inter-racial couples here in Philly too. I see nothing wrong with it. To each his own.

BTW, Mixed couples make the most beautiful babies :wow

JoeChalupa
05-22-2006, 03:35 PM
Because there is a higher tolerance for it here then in other places? Since San Antonio already has a majority minority population there is less stigmas associated with interracial dating/marriage. I'm hispanic and have dated a white girl, a half white half hispanic, and a hispanic. Neither times have their parents been cautious of me or the like... I can't be 100% sure that would always be the case in other parts of the country (or even here) where the white population is partially an enclave unto itself.

I concur. Back in the early 80's I fell for this girl who was white, Southern-Baptist and from Indiana. My family was cool with her but she couldn't even tell her brothers since they'd probably want to kick my ass. We got kind of serious but I knew that unless she confronted her family it would never work. Years later we saw each other again and admitted that if she wasn't so young at the time and if we had met later or in a different place..things may have been different.

But I am very happy the way things turned out. Thank God for unanswered prayers.

JoeChalupa
05-22-2006, 03:36 PM
We have a lot of inter-racial couples here in Philly too. I see nothing wrong with it. To each his own.

BTW, Mixed couples make the most beautiful babies :wow

Not to mention great sex!! :smokin

1Parker1
05-22-2006, 03:54 PM
^:lol Speaking from experience there, Mr. Chalupa?

JoeChalupa
05-22-2006, 04:04 PM
You know it! :tu