PDA

View Full Version : Artest to be suspended for Game #2

Pages : [1] 2 3

SenorSpur
04-24-2006, 11:55 AM
Just heard on Jim Rome that the league has suspended Ron Artest (without pay) for his flagrant foul on Manu Ginobili. Don't yet have a link on the official word.

Rome stated he just received an email from the NBA office confirming the suspension.

FreshPrince22
04-24-2006, 11:56 AM
Well, this series is over. IMO, the Kings needed to take game 2 to make it even semi-competitive.

zeleni
04-24-2006, 11:57 AM
www.nba.com

Sacramento’s Ron Artest Suspended

NEW YORK, April 24, 2006 – Ron Artest of the Sacramento Kings has been suspended one game without pay for making forearm contact to the head of Manu Ginobili of the San Antonio Spurs, it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Senior Vice President Basketball Operations.
The incident occurred with 9:07 remaining in the third period of the Spurs’ 122-88 win over the visiting Kings at AT&T Center on April 22. Artest will miss Game 2 of the series, which will be played at the AT&T Center on Tuesday, April 25.

polandprzem
04-24-2006, 11:57 AM
Why?

:pctoss

2centsworth
04-24-2006, 11:58 AM
Just heard on Jim Rome that the league has suspended Ron Artest (without pay) for his flagrant foul on Manu Ginobili. Don't yet have a link on the official word.

Rome stated he just received an email from the NBA office confirming the suspension.They are just trying to send a message. I didn't think the foul was bad enough for a suspension. Of course that wasn't me getting hit in the mouth.

rayray2k8
04-24-2006, 12:00 PM
Are you fucking kidding me??!!
This is the playoffs!!
Theres gonna be some contact!
I think a fine would of been more suitable.

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-24-2006, 12:01 PM
Wow. I'm no Ron fan, but that's pretty excessive. I figured they'd just make it a F1 and fine him to put him on notice. Maybe Stern's a Spurs fan after all.

boutons_
04-24-2006, 12:02 PM
Great, the NBA stuck to their guns, esp with this sick mofo repeat offender, and enforced the rule about no contact from neck up.

SAS knew, Sac was warned, but they took risk and signed him anyway, and lost.

celldweller
Don't Worry! It's just a small bump in the road for us!

http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/7867/ronartest5uy.jpg (http://imageshack.us/?x=my6&myref=http://imageshack.us/)

Solid D
"The NBA is out to get me" comments are sure to follow.

austinfan
04-24-2006, 12:03 PM
I actually think this is a little extreme. They could have just fined him and/or issued a statement to the effect that this kind of behavior will not be tolerated in the NBA, yadda, yadda, yadda. Besides, the Kings were going to be out of the picture by the end of this week, beginning of next, anyway.

Now they're going to be loaded for bear for the first game in Sacramento. Well, at least it'll make for interesting viewing.

Extra Stout
04-24-2006, 12:03 PM
Why did the league have to suspend him? He's on such a short leash, I tell you. It was Manu Ginobili he hit, not Cry Allen.

Solid D
04-24-2006, 12:04 PM
I think it should have been a fine, no suspension.

FromWayDowntown
04-24-2006, 12:05 PM
I haven't gone back to look at the play again, but from what I saw, a suspension seems excessive. An upgrade to a flagrant was probably too much, but I guess with Artest there's a concern about making sure the boundaries are well-defined.

I thought the matchup between Battier and Stackhouse last night was chippier than anything that went on between Manu and Artest.

He's going to be an interesting character to watch in Game 3.

Borosai
04-24-2006, 12:05 PM
I need to see a replay of this incident because I missed it during the game. I guess Artest has no room for error anymore...he will serve as an example to the young'uns thinking about playing in the NBA...take your meds motherfuckers!

MoSpur
04-24-2006, 12:06 PM
That is good to hear. I believe physical basketball is cool. However, when you intentionally hit another player out of revenge then that is another thing. Was the elbow hard? Maybe not. Doesn't matter though. Ron's purpose for the elbow was to hurt Manu. No doubt. Good job to the NBA.

ducks
if it was not artest it would be a fine
imo he does this crap all the time
this is the playoffs this is when everone watches basketball
they do not like players to play dirty
ron can thank the newspaper lady for this
stern read the newspaper then looked at the elbow
it is a wonder he does not get suspened for 3 games

CubanMustGo
F1 (if anything), not an F2. Bad call, NBA.

DJREN37
04-24-2006, 12:07 PM
Let's see what the Queens will do, lay down or fight harder without fArtest.

greyforest
04-24-2006, 12:07 PM
i think a fine would have been suitable as well.

now that this has happened, kings are going to blame their (now inevitable) loss 100% on it. i wanted to see them get beatdown with artest playing his hardest the whole time.

boutons_
04-24-2006, 12:08 PM
Ron is, will be ETERNALLY "on notice".

The NBA did exactly The Right Thing.

2centsworth
I thought a fine would have been good enough, but with Artest maybe a suspension is all that will prevent an ugly brawl between both teams. Artest earned his short leash. He's obviously one fight from being thrown out of the league. I'm changing my tune and agreeing with butons on this one.

orhe
yeah no shit... this destroys the game

fuck the nba! poor artest

spur219
Its better that the NBA did this. If not who knows what Artest would of done. I see him of being capable of serious injuring one of the Spurs players.

easjer
04-24-2006, 12:09 PM
Wow.

Unnecessary and uncalled for. Manu hit Ron just as hard (incidental contact or no).

Bad call by the NBA, and unfortunate, since this will make conspiracy theorists nuts.

A-Train
04-24-2006, 12:11 PM
Damn, these suspensions are epidemic...

SAN ANTONIO (DP) - The San Antonio Spurs today announced that they have suspended center Nazr Mohammed indefinitely for taking a three-point shot attempt in the final minute of the Spurs' win in Game 1 of their opening playoff round series with the Sacramento Kings.

orhe
:( man and i think i get to watch the game on tuesday
don't blow them out san antonio!

boutons_
"Manu hit Ron"

... in the head? The rule is specific about "above the shoulders".

Has Manu ever caused a riot? ever got a flagrant 2? ever been suspended for violence?

travis2
The NBA is obviously not putting up with any bullshit.

Udonis Haslem was suspended as well. http://www.nba.com/news/haslem_060424.html

2centsworth
Wow.

Unnecessary and uncalled for. Manu hit Ron just as hard (incidental contact or no).

Bad call by the NBA, and unfortunate, since this will make conspiracy theorists nuts.
that's a little much. Though I could have lived with a fine, Ron's elbows were intentional. Now with the Sac Media calling for injuries, NBA is going to crack down hard and fast.

fred33
it's extreme it was suspended because it's ron artest it's not normal

greywheel
04-24-2006, 12:12 PM
based on reputation??? Artest was prob already warned to be on his best behaviour for the rest of his career.

A-Train
Artest also threw a bow at TD's head earlier in the game. Frankly, the crazy mofo should be happy he's even back in the league.

polandprzem
I'm fuckin' pissed (NBA shouldn't suspend him dammit)

Now imagine what does Artest think?

Game 3 will be a scary game. And I see very much more competitive team in G#2

SAGambler
They are just trying to send a message. I didn't think the foul was bad enough for a suspension. Of course that wasn't me getting hit in the mouth.

And had it been anyone but Artest, there would not have been a suspension. The league has had enough of this guy. You can only pull shit so many times before it catches up with you.

Pistons < Spurs
I've never felt a need to defend Artest, but IMO this is a terrible call.

Fine his ass if you need to punish him, but a suspension is sooo way overboard.

However, at the end of the day, it doesn't really matter as the Kings never had a chance of winning this series.

2centsworth
04-24-2006, 12:14 PM
I'm fuckin' pissed (NBA shouldn't suspend him dammit)

Now imagine what does Artest think?

Game 3 will be a scary game. And I see very much more competitive team in G#2
not at all. Ron is one misstep away from being thrown out of the league. $60 mil or so down the drain.

spurastic
04-24-2006, 12:15 PM
I think he got what he deserved. I was at the game and it looked like his only defense was to see how many opponents he could hit in the head thruout the night. manu was the most obvious. If he got by with this, he would eventually really hurt someone. There's more to defense then Artest's (and others) method of trying to knock the crap out of someone.

lil'mo
good, one less opportunity for Artest to (seriously) injure a spurs player

GrandeDavid
I didn't see it, but from I've derived from reports of the incident, it sounds like the Kings got jobbed big time. You'd think the L would at least consider that Manu had busted his lip earlier. Oh well, go Spurs! And in the playoffs you take any break you can and run with it.

boutons_
04-24-2006, 12:17 PM
"NBA not putting up with any bullshit."

That Ron is even allowed to sign an NBA contract is putting up with his bullshit.

MoSpur
04-24-2006, 12:17 PM
Damn, these suspensions are epidemic...

SAN ANTONIO (DP) - The San Antonio Spurs today announced that they have suspended center Nazr Mohammed indefinitely for taking a three-point shot attempt in the final minute of the Spurs' win in Game 1 of their opening playoff round series with the Sacramento Kings.
:lol

2centsworth
04-24-2006, 12:18 PM
I've never felt a need to defend Artest, but IMO this is a terrible call.

Fine his ass if you need to punish him, but a suspension is sooo way overboard.

However, at the end of the day, it doesn't really matter as the Kings never had a chance of winning this series.
the guy is lucky to be back in the league and maybe the NBA wanted to remind him of that. I guess it's a good way for the league to send a message without changing the outcome of a series.

ploto
It is really hard to believe an upgrade from a simple foul call to a flagrant 2. I could see a flagrant 1- but not a 2. I have to believe it is GREATLY influenced by who it is.

lil'mo
Artest did it out of revenge and anger that his teams ass was being handed to it by the spurs.

POP wouldnt call out artest and chide him directly on the court about the dirty shit if it want going on or excessive

ducks
seems spur fans would rather face the kings at full strength
I do to but what he did was wrong so he has to pay

George Gervin's Afro
04-24-2006, 12:19 PM
let's just hope ron ron does not hurt any of our players.. :depressed

Johnny_Blaze_47
I agree with the general consensus.

It should have been upgraded to a F1 and he should have been given a fine. No suspension.

Borosai
After Artest went to the bench to have his lip looked at, he had that crazy look in his eye...I swear...when he was walking back onto the court, as if he was ready to throw a few himself. He's a twin away from being in a scrotum.

SenorSpur
04-24-2006, 12:20 PM
I agree in that the suspension may be excessive. However if you factor in his forearm shiver to the head of Duncan that drew a personal foul and how he spent the entire game trying to get revenge on anyone for that "pop in the chops" given by Manu, I feel the league did the right thing.

Furthermore, his reputation as a crazy mofo doesn't help either. Dude got what he deserved.

The league is clearly trying to send a message to players to knock off the extra cirricular activities.

boutons_
"simple foul"

... was a bad call by the ref. Please read:

http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_12.html?nav=ArticleList

l. A player, coach or trainer must be ejected for:
(1) A punching foul
(2) A fighting foul
(3) An elbow foul which makes contact above shoulder level

The suspension was very probably Stern's call, Artest having given Stern and the NBA a huge image problem, around the planet, an image that Stern had been trying his whole NBA career to enhance.

If this was "personal" from Stern to Artest, it's fine with me.

Solid D
Now, Ron has 3 stitches AND a suspension to stew over.

CubanMustGo
04-24-2006, 12:21 PM
Here's the problem with the F2. If you are Ron Artest, does a one-game suspension (WITH LOSS OF PAY) make you want to hurt someone more, or less? And does the fact that you get game 3/4 at home make it more or less likely that you're going to try something?

sa_butta
really too bad for the Kings those will be hard shoes to fill for game two.

1Parker1
I believe they're doing it becuase of Artest and his history. If Bibby had done that...I doubt he would have gotten suspended. But such is the price you pay when you run into the stands and attack a fan.

BTW, Haslem has also been suspended for Game 2? He was already ejected that game for throwing his retainer or whatever the heck he wears in the ref's direction.

IceColdBrewski
04-24-2006, 12:22 PM
I thought a fine would have been good enough, but with Artest maybe a suspension is all that will prevent an ugly brawl between both teams. Artest earned his short leash. He's obviously one fight from being thrown out of the league. I'm changing my tune and agreeing with butons on this one.

:tu

sa_butta
Here's the problem with the F2. If you are Ron Artest, does a one-game suspension (WITH LOSS OF PAY) make you want to hurt someone more, or less? And does the fact that you get game 3/4 at home make it more or less likely that you're going to try something?I dont think he is going out to hurt someone, but he will play with more intensity and more physical, should be an interesting game 3.

spurs_fan_in_exile
It will be interesting to see what the national reaction to this is. Someone in another thread said that the league might upgrade the foul and fine him as a deterrent to him REALLY nailing someone. They'd much rather have the first round story lines to be about Lebron coming out, Kobe vs. the Suns, etc., rather than Sportscenter leading off with footage of Artest giving Manu a concussion. But this runs the risk of becoming its own story line, rather than simply trying to corral a potential problem.

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-24-2006, 12:23 PM
I believe they're doing it becuase of Artest and his history. If Bibby had done that...I doubt he would have gotten suspended. But such is the price you pay when you run into the stands and attack a fan.

BTW, Haslem has also been suspended for Game 2? He was already ejected that game for throwing his retainer or whatever the heck he wears in the ref's direction.

On the flip side, it sets a precedent for the actions the NBA will allow the rest of the playoffs.

Maybe a move to squash any chances of negative publicity (like Artest/Detroit) before it gets close?

Slinkyman
04-24-2006, 12:25 PM
Good move by the league, it's time they try to clean up their image. It's called sportsmanship and kids are at home watching these players and mimicking everything they do. If they see sore losers who try to hurt players kids will emulate that on the playground or in youth leagues.

And what's up with spurs fans and their fear of artest and the kings? "oh no now we're gonna get spanked in game 3 because now sac is mad, thanx nba." "thanx nazr, that 3 is gonna really piss sac off now and they're gonna come out with emotion and beat us." what? what the hell is wrong with you guys? We're the number 1 seed, sac is number 8! Please start acting like you're the fans of the defending champs and not some team that was lucking to make the playofffs.

pache100
good, one less opportunity for Artest to (seriously) injure a spurs player

Are you kidding? He'll be loaded for bear when he comes back. He will probably wind up getting suspended for the remainder of the playoffs. But, he is going to hurt someone first. He's like a crazy man when he gets rattled; well, he's always a crazy man, but even more so when he's pissed. This is just fuel for the fire http://i3.tinypic.com/wbf1w9.gif and unnecessary. For anyone else, it would not have been a suspendable offense. I don't believe in making examples of people; wait until they deserve it before doling out the harshest punishment.

01Snake
Anyone have a clip of the incident?

austinfan
One thing's for sure: Manu is going to be dealing with some serious hating from the Sacto crowd in Game 3.

Extra Stout
Here's the problem with the F2. If you are Ron Artest, does a one-game suspension (WITH LOSS OF PAY) make you want to hurt someone more, or less? And does the fact that you get game 3/4 at home make it more or less likely that you're going to try something?
OTOH, the officials will be on high alert in G 3/4 and will throw him out at the drop of a hat.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-24-2006, 12:26 PM
This suspension will probably cause the other SAC players to come out with a lot more effort in game 2. The Spurs better realize this and keep their intensity up, because game 2 now has the smell of an upset.

sa_butta
04-24-2006, 12:26 PM
On the flip side, it sets a precedent for the actions the NBA will allow the rest of the playoffs.

Maybe a move to squash any chances of negative publicity (like Artest/Detroit) before it gets close?makes sense since there is more on the line during the playoffs. Players are more emotional, and inclined to play more physical.

shyne
04-24-2006, 12:27 PM
Well Kobe got fined for the same shit on Mike Miller.

Tigole Bitties
I'm guessing the league office saw it as retaliation for Manu's elbow. Fines really don't hurt the pocketbooks of players who make beaucoup bucks. They need penalize them in some other fashion.

pache100
And what's up with spurs fans and their fear of artest and the kings? "

WTF? http://i3.tinypic.com/wbf37t.gif Your comments are more those of someone hiding behind the league instead of taking care of your own business. I haven't seen any comments here that indicate anyone is afraid of the Kings or Ron Artest.

1Parker1
04-24-2006, 12:30 PM
One thing's for sure: Manu is going to be dealing with some serious hating from the Sacto crowd in Game 3.

:lol I didn't even think of that.

lil'mo
Are you kidding? He'll be loaded for bear when he comes back. He will probably wind up getting suspended for the remainder of the playoffs. But, he is going to hurt someone first. He's like a crazy man when he gets rattled; well, he's always a crazy man, but even more so when he's pissed. This is just fuel for the fire http://i3.tinypic.com/wbf1w9.gif and unnecessary. For anyone else, it would not have been a suspendable offense. I don't believe in making examples of people; wait until they deserve it before doling out the harshest punishment.
no im not, i think artest gets spurned on by road fans alot and he lets it get to him.
plus, i dont really expect the Spurs to blowout the kings in arco

2 things that fire artest up the most wont factor in to games 3 and 4

Slinkyman
WTF? http://i3.tinypic.com/wbf37t.gif Your comments are more those of someone hiding behind the league instead of taking care of your own business. I haven't seen any comments here that indicate anyone is afraid of the Kings or Ron Artest.

what do you call this?

This suspension will probably cause the other SAC players to come out with a lot more effort in game 2. The Spurs better realize this and keep their intensity up, because game 2 now has the smell of an upset.

translation:

oh no now sac is mad and we're gonna lose, oh well we had a good season but sac is just too good for us

polandprzem
04-24-2006, 12:31 PM

That's what I'm afraid of. This crowd this anger and his psycho

I haven't seen this (probably in 12 hours I will watch it) but I don't think (from what I heard) that that was such a big crime he did.
For now , to me it's unfair. (The suspension)

Roscoe and the Body
04-24-2006, 12:33 PM
Artest just has to learn not to be so obvious. He just needs to stick his foot under Gino when he goes up for a jumper next time...

I do understand your hesitation about playing Artest in games three and four though, kid is unstable as they come. He already feels that the league is out to get him, he might be stupid enough to say "screw it - league is out to get me, I might as well go down thuggin" sorta deal, and then look to his music career.

What's better, sweeping the series and getting away from Artest as fast as possible, or having the series go five so Artest has a glimmer of hope while playing in Sacto(and stays reasonably sane), and you get to close the series in San Antonio(players on the road are very often less "brave")?

pache100
04-24-2006, 12:33 PM
what do you call this?

Normal fare from EHJ and the other guy's SN tells me everything I need to know (not to take him seriously).

Sportcamper
04-24-2006, 12:34 PM
This is so ridiculous...I know the Spurs need help if they are going to repeat as champions but it was Ginobili who threw an elbow at Artest & caused Artest to get stitches! You have to wonder if the NBA office even sees these games! Poor Kings! :depressed

BigVee
04-24-2006, 12:35 PM
I am surprised by the suspension, but do not necessarily disagree with it. Artest is a huge, strong man. Imangine his elbow in the temple, or eye socket, etc. He just can't do intentional stuff like that on the court. It will be interesting to see how the Kings respond and whether the Spurs let down because he won't be on the court.

picnroll
04-24-2006, 12:35 PM
This and Haslem is probable intended as strong message to the players early in the playoffs that Jackson and Stern will tolerate no crap. Message sent.

pache100
04-24-2006, 12:36 PM
Artest just has to learn not to be so obvious. He just needs to stick his foot under Gino when he goes up for a jumper next time...

You're no better and make no more sense than that woman who wrote that stupid article in the SacBee. Why do you have to wish injury on someone else to make a point? I'll tell you what it does for me...it invalidates anything else you might say that could make sense.

Cherry
04-24-2006, 12:36 PM
www.nba.com

Sacramento’s Ron Artest Suspended

NEW YORK, April 24, 2006 – Ron Artest of the Sacramento Kings has been suspended one game without pay for making forearm contact to the head of Manu Ginobili of the San Antonio Spurs, it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Senior Vice President Basketball Operations.
The incident occurred with 9:07 remaining in the third period of the Spurs’ 122-88 win over the visiting Kings at AT&T Center on April 22. Artest will miss Game 2 of the series, which will be played at the AT&T Center on Tuesday, April 25.

http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/7169/images8ef.jpg Ha! Ha!

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
04-24-2006, 12:37 PM
let's not forget about that elbow intended for Duncan that Artest threw, that looked intentional as well.

pache100
04-24-2006, 12:37 PM
This is so ridiculous...I know the Spurs need help if they are going to repeat as champions but it was Ginobili who threw an elbow at Artest & caused Artest to get stitches! You have to wonder if the NBA office even sees these games! Poor Kings! :depressed

Your post pissed me off until I realized who you were (Lakers fan) and then I just LMAO! :lol

smeagol
04-24-2006, 12:38 PM
Artest has nobody to blame but himself. He created his "bad boy" image. Now he will have to live with it.

polandprzem
Eeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhh screw this --->>> move on

NASpurs
This is so ridiculous...I know the Spurs need help if they are going to repeat as champions but it was Ginobili who threw an elbow at Artest & caused Artest to get stitches! You have to wonder if the NBA office even sees these games! Poor Kings! :depressedDid you even watch the game? They were both going for the ball and Manu swung his arm around and hit him unintentionally.

Artest in the other hand was setting a pick or something inside the lane and forearmed Manu right in the head, then after that he hit Timmy with an elbow in the head and decked Tony Parker afterwards. This punk ass deserves it and I'm glad he got it!

Shows the league is always watching him.

pache100
04-24-2006, 12:39 PM
This and Haslem is probable intended as strong message to the players early in the playoffs that Jackson and Stern will tolerate no crap. Message sent.

I think Haslem should have been suspended (and I LIKE him); I don't think temper tantrums on the court that involve throwing things (from mouthpiece to chairs is a short leap) should EVER be tolerated. I don't think Artest should have been suspended (DON'T like him); fined, yes, suspended, no. We're talking about two different kinds of crap here.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-24-2006, 12:39 PM
what do you call this?

translation:

Slinkyman, you have to always respect your opponent, and the Spurs need to respect the Kings. That's my point. You and your 64 posts will likely be the first to jump should the Spurs lose. Now slink away, ye of inactive neurons.

shelshor
04-24-2006, 12:40 PM
I'd say that, given Artest's history, he got off light

IceColdBrewski
04-24-2006, 12:40 PM
You have to put yourself in Stern's position. Any other player would be looking at a fine. But we're talking about the player who started the ugliest fan/player brawl in the league's history. A player who was no doubt warned that he would be on a very short leash for the rest of his career. Sucks for him, but I've got no symathy for the guy.

It does suck in a way though. I'm sure a lot of Kings fans will use this as a crutch when making excuses after the seires. Even though the Kings never stood much of a chance.

Still can't help but laugh about it. Manu gives Artest a fat lip that needs stitches, and he gets suspended on top of it. :lmao

SpursWoman
04-24-2006, 12:41 PM
Your post pissed me off until I realized who you were (Lakers fan) and then I just LMAO! :lol

Sportcamper is like the Sequ Jr. of Laker fans, btw. :drunk

pache100
04-24-2006, 12:43 PM
Sportcamper is like the Sequ Jr. of Laker fans, btw. :drunk

:lol

picnroll
I think Haslem should have been suspended (and I LIKE him); I don't think temper tantrums on the court that involve throwing things (from mouthpiece to chairs is a short leap) should EVER be tolerated. I don't think Artest should have been suspended (DON'T like him); fined, yes, suspended, no. We're talking about two different kinds of crap here.
I don't agree with the suspension either. I just think Stern wants to make sure that the tone is set that nothing in the playoffs escalate to a Detroit - Pacers brawl type scenario. NBA can't afford a black eye like that when their on the stage.

MoSpur
I can't believe who are in shock about Artest getting suspended. This guy deserves it. He has been in a lot of problems before this. This isn't the first time he has done something like this. He actually threw two elbows in Game 1. One at Duncan and the other at Manu. There is no need to defend Ron Artest. He deserved it. His intention was to hurt both Tim and Manu. Swinging an elbow after grabbing a board is different than throwing your elbow out there to hit someone in the neck or head.

To be surprised he got the suspension is stupid. What would we be saying if that elbow actually had opened up a cut on Manu's head?

NASpurs
04-24-2006, 12:44 PM
I can't believe who are in shock about Artest getting suspended. This guy deserves it. He has been in a lot of problems before this. This isn't the first time he has done something like this. He actually threw two elbows in Game 1. One at Duncan and the other at Manu. There is no need to defend Ron Artest. He deserved it. His intention was to hurt both Tim and Manu. Swinging an elbow after grabbing a board is different than throwing your elbow out there to hit someone in the neck or head.

To be surprised he got the suspension is stupid. What would we be saying if that elbow actually had opened up a cut on Manu's head?I agree with you man. I'm not surprised at all and I'm actually glad the league was watching all the shit he was dishing throughout the game.

Slinkyman
04-24-2006, 12:44 PM
artest has a rap sheet from here to california, anyone remember when paul pierce nearly got his head ripped off my artest?

http://www.athleticreporter.com/images/stories/78_6016.jpg

what happens when, not if artest hurts someone? what if that player is a spur? remember howard taking out D.A.? there's nothing the league can do after a player gets hurt which is why they have to take steps to prevent it from happening.

polandprzem
04-24-2006, 12:45 PM
You have to put yourself in Stern's position. Any other player would be looking at a fine. But we're talking about the player who started the ugliest fan/player brawl in the league's history. A player who was no doubt warned that he would be on a very short leash for the rest of his career. Sucks for him, but I've got no symathy for the guy.

It does suck in a way though. I'm sure a lot of Kings fans will use this as a crutch when making excuses after the seires. Even though the Kings never stood much of a chance.

I don't get it.

Why the past has to have something incommon to that situation? When you are suspending you suspend for the thing someone did now not then.

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-24-2006, 12:45 PM
I don't get it.

Why the past has to have something incommon to that situation? When you are suspending you suspend for the thing someone did now not then.

I can't agree with that argument.

What of criminals who have committed and been convicted multiple times? Their sentences are usually enhanced because of previous crimes.

boutons_
04-24-2006, 12:47 PM
Fuck the Kings fans and their crutches, excuses, etc.

Artest got them to the playoffs. The Kings weren't going to advance with Artest playing all the way.

The Maloofs, Rick, and Geoff knew they were, desparately heading for the lottery, signing a ticking bomb. It blew up.

You people sound like you've never heard of Ron Artest's long and nasty history, that he deserves the same leeway and consideration as another player.

He was effectively on probation, and committed another crime.
Stern is his probation officer.

MoSpur
04-24-2006, 12:49 PM
I don't get it.

So what if the elbow to Manu's face or head would have caused Manu to miss the rest of Round 1? You would want Ron Artest suspended right? What good would that do? Manu would be out of Round 1 and Ron would get a suspension. You have to do all you can to prevent from such things happening.

Trainwreck2100
04-24-2006, 12:49 PM
Anyone have a clip of the incident?

i do

Horry For 3!
04-24-2006, 12:50 PM
That has to suck for him and the Kings.

pache100
04-24-2006, 12:50 PM
I can't believe who are in shock about Artest getting suspended. This guy deserves it. He has been in a lot of problems before this.

I'm NOT in shock. I don't agree with it. Two different things. I happen to disagree that he deserves it. His past problems should not enter in here. Punishment should be based on the act itself, not history. If he should have been suspended before, they should have done it then. This infraction would not have been suspendable FOR ANYONE ELSE. I don't know how to make that any plainer. Next, if we're gonna punish a guy for everything he's ever done wrong in his life over a simple infraction, we'll be punishing people for what we are afraid they MIGHT DO IN THE FUTURE. Slippery slope.

mavsfan1000
04-24-2006, 12:51 PM
Fuck you David Stern. Fucking short leash shit.

Horry For 3!
04-24-2006, 12:51 PM
I feel no pity for him being suspended though. I hate him and he was pissing me off with all the dirty moves he was making during the game.

polandprzem
04-24-2006, 12:52 PM
So what if the elbow to Manu's face or head would have caused Manu to miss the rest of Round 1? You would want Ron Artest suspended right? What good would that do? Manu would be out of Round 1 and Ron would get a suspension. You have to do all you can to prevent from such things happening.

:lmao

So play volleyball or the leauge should suspend most of the players and leave few soft and nice guys and if then something happen ?????????? Suspend the leauge to prevent that kind of situacions?

SenorSpur
04-24-2006, 12:52 PM
I don't get it.

C'mon dude. Past history has everything to do with how fines, suspensions and sentences are levied.

NoMoneyDown
04-24-2006, 12:53 PM
I'm NOT in shock. I don't agree with it. Two different things. I happen to disagree that he deserves it. His past problems should not enter in here. Punishment should be based on the act itself, not history. If he should have been suspended before, they should have done it then. This infraction would not have been suspendable FOR ANYONE ELSE. I don't know how to make that any plainer. Next, if we're gonna punish a guy for everything he's ever done wrong in his life over a simple infraction, we'll be punishing people for what we are afraid they MIGHT DO IN THE FUTURE. Slippery slope.

Then I guess criminals should be prosecuted on the charges at hand with absolutely no regard to their historic behaviour/actions.

pache100
04-24-2006, 12:53 PM

That's exactly what I was talking about, punishing people for something they might do in the future...or what might have happened. If we go there, we're in big trouble.

travis2
04-24-2006, 12:54 PM
On the bright side...

You gotta believe that psycho bitch mod in Sacramento is probably popping nitroglycerine pills like candy right about now...

Trainwreck2100
How did you find that
:madrun

boutons_
"His past problems should not enter in here"

WTF? He was on effective probation for his past crimes.
He committed yet another ejectable/FF2 offense, an arm shot above the shoulders.

Roscoe and the Body
04-24-2006, 12:55 PM
You're no better and make no more sense than that woman who wrote that stupid article in the SacBee. Why do you have to wish injury on someone else to make a point? I'll tell you what it does for me...it invalidates anything else you might say that could make sense.

I'm not wishing injury, I'm asking Ron Artest to enroll in the Bruce Bowen school of cheapshots is all, just to make my point. I don't wish injury on anybodythis time of year, because the Pistons are long overdue(Rip Hamilton did sprain his ankle in game one vs the Bucks already and is listed as day-to-day).

Artest is a nutter. I was extremely happy when he was traded out of the East. You just never know with the kid, and with all the heat and drama with him and the Pistons you always thought it was not a question of if but when.

pache100
04-24-2006, 12:55 PM
Then I guess criminals should be prosecuted on the charges at hand with absolutely no regard to their historic behaviour/actions.

Gee, I didn't realize Ron was on trial in court. I thought we were still talking about the NBA.

But, as a matter of fact, unless it has some bearing on the current case, information regarding prior crimes is almost always ruled out as evidence in court.

NASpurs
04-24-2006, 12:56 PM
Look at that shit. He extended his elbow and arm out instead of keeping it still at least. He saw Manu coming and boom

MoSpur
04-24-2006, 12:56 PM

So someone who drives drunk should be given chance after chance until he/she actually wrecks into some family and takes them all out before he is actually punished?

polandprzem
04-24-2006, 12:57 PM
C'mon dude. Past history has everything to do with how fines, suspensions and sentences are levied.
That's why I'm getting banned even if I'm not doing anything wrong( on other forums)

SenorSpur
04-24-2006, 12:58 PM

First of all, Artest is no first time offender to league policy. He's got a history. So if you think it's unfair that his history came into account, then Artest should try to change his history by playing and acting in accordance with league rules. If he were to do this, perhaps the negative history would go away.

Second, I can't believe any Spurs fans would feel sorry for this guy. Were you feeling sorry for Tim and Manu when he deliberately elbowed them in the head? What if one of both of those guys sustained some sort of injury as a result of Artest's blow? What would have been your reaction then?

Finally, Artest is like a lot of athletes and/or celebrities. They fail to take responsibility for their actions. Nothing they do is ever their fault. It's always someone else's fault.

On the bright side, Ron can use the time off to further promote his rap label "True Warier"

byrontx
04-24-2006, 12:59 PM
With Sac sportswriters advocating hurting Spurs players and Artest's history, the NBA is clamping down. The message, to everyone in the NBA, is that excessive violence will not be tolerated.

Artest is a liability. Just trouble waiting to happen.

Horry For 3!
04-24-2006, 01:00 PM
One poster was like you can't even tell he did it on purpose...uhh I guess they don't know the antics that Artest does to try to get away with. He elbows Manu then looks away like nothing happened.

101A
04-24-2006, 01:00 PM

smdanss
04-24-2006, 01:01 PM
I think this is a clear notice to those want to play rugh. Physical is ok, but don't try to hurt or intentionly hurt back to other players. Just play hard for the game only.

MoSpur
04-24-2006, 01:02 PM
Was Tim also being pushed into Ron Artest at the same time Ron gave the elbow?

101A
04-24-2006, 01:02 PM
Motive? Yes.
Opportunity? Yes.
Action? Yes.
Evidence? Yes.

Guilty.

IceColdBrewski
04-24-2006, 01:03 PM
Now THAT is a cool Kings forum. The circle-jerkers at kingsfan.com (or whatever the hell it is) would be better off escaping the psycobitch dictatorship, and becoming a member there.

Trainwreck2100
04-24-2006, 01:03 PM
dammit that's my vid cap, take it off right now, cause we are not supposed to link that stuff here

Supergirl
04-24-2006, 01:05 PM
Why was he suspended? Um, because this is the guy who was suspended for the ENTIRE SEASON last year. Any flagrant contact is going to be clamped down on, as it should be. If he gets in much more trouble, he could be booted out of the league.

polandprzem
04-24-2006, 01:05 PM
What a flopper Manu is

sheesh :rolleyes

NoMoneyDown
04-24-2006, 01:06 PM
But, as a matter of fact, unless it has some bearing on the current case

And past aggressions leading to physical violence don't? Thanks for proving my point.

Slinkyman
04-24-2006, 01:08 PM
Any spurs fans remember this elbow:
http://mud.mm-a3.yimg.com/image/837094011

How many spurs fans felt sorry for Karl Malone after that? And how is that cheap shot any different then this one other then the fact that manu wasn't knocked unconscious.

Bottom line is if you're out there trying to hurt people you don't belong on the court.

SAGambler
04-24-2006, 01:10 PM
One poster was like you can't even tell he did it on purpose...uhh I guess they don't know the antics that Artest does to try to get away with. He elbows Manu then looks away like nothing happened.

Yeah, that's funny. You look at that clip and there is no doubt he purposely did it. And then turn his head and throw up his hands like "who me"?

He had probably been waiting for a chance to get a good shot in on Manu since the first play. He found the chance and took it. And got caught. Now he can pay the price.

Borosai
04-24-2006, 01:10 PM
Now that I have seen the elbow, my verdict is : GUILTY!

That is clearly an intentional elbow to the head.

sa_butta
04-24-2006, 01:11 PM
One of the guys on that site sayed
"Freakin argentinian DRAMA QUEEN. Acting like he got hit by a baseball bat" lol

SenorSpur
04-24-2006, 01:14 PM

How many spurs fans felt sorry for Karl Malone after that? And how is that cheap shot any different then this one other then the fact that manu wasn't knocked unconscious.

Bottom line is if you're out there trying to hurt people you don't belong on the court.

Does anybody remember what, if any, fines Karl Malone received for this vicious elbow?

SpursWoman
it has the video of the elbow

That forearm was intentional like a mofo .... damn nutjob. Thanks for the link. :spin :lol

NASpurs
"Freakin argentinian DRAMA QUEEN. Acting like he got hit by a baseball bat" lolThe guy is around 250 right? He's built like a brick wall and I doubt he has small forearms. Manu was going forward and Artest's forearm was moving towards Manu... I doubt that was an actual Manu flop.

infinite styles
Kingsfan.com is going crazy. They're like "I didn't see him do anything wrong, what did he do?" Of course if I was a Kings fan I would have turned the game off by that time too.

My opinion, Ginobili's elbow was incidental contact, Ron just got the worse of it. Ron's was intentional and meant at the least to send a message. Ron was going after peoples head for a good part of the game and I already knew that he was gonna try something crazy come game 2 but I guess we'll have to wait for that in game 3 with Bavetta and Palmer holding the whistles. So to me though extreme the suspension was what was needed.

SpursWoman
04-24-2006, 01:16 PM
"Freakin argentinian DRAMA QUEEN. Acting like he got hit by a baseball bat" lol

Considering that I'm pretty sure Manu wasn't expecting that one at all...I'm not sure how much time he had to manufacture a decent flop. And Artest's arm does look like a baseball bat ... I was within 10 feet of it and I saw it. :lol

Sportcamper
04-24-2006, 01:16 PM
You Spursies are such Homers...You see everything through Silver & Black lenses...Even Coach Pop knows that this suspension is ridiculous, Artest gets stitches & “HE” gets a suspension? HOW FAIR IS THAT? :depressed

BTW- Ailene Voisin is one of the finest sports writers in America...She is objective & yes she is HOT! :smokin
http://www.sacbee.com/static/images/columnists/voisin_new.jpg

Trainwreck2100
04-24-2006, 01:17 PM
That forearm was intentional like a mofo .... damn nutjob. Thanks for the link. :spin :lol

You're thanking him? I'm the one that made that

HAHA-That'sYourTeam??
Fuck you David Stern. Fucking short leash shit.

Sounds like someone's pissin' his undies looking at round two!! :lol :lol

spurschick
One poster was like you can't even tell he did it on purpose.

You can totally see Artest eyeballing Manu as he came around Miller. Even though Manu didn't intentionally bust him in the mouth at the start of the game, you had to figure Artest would retaliate somehow. A lot of players wouldn't, but Artest is unfortunately that kind of guy.

Winnipeg_Spur
My first reaction was the suspension seemed a little excessive, but it looks like by the rules he should've been ejected on the spot. In that case since ejecting him from a blowout loss wouldn't have been much of a punishment, throwing him out of the next game seems like a fair punishment.

I think there are two additional factors that played a bit part in this. First, Artest looked to be retaliating against Manu for the unintentional elbow he caught on the first play of the game, and that makes the act seem premeditated not something that just happened in the heat of the moment.

Second, the fact that Artest seemed to be "sending a message" the entire second half, since the game was out of reach. You can't have guys deciding that once the scoreboard is against them it's time to go headhunting and see if you can intimidate (or injure) some opposing players. If Artest wants to send a message, good for him, David Stern is perfectly capable of sending a message as well.

NASpurs
04-24-2006, 01:18 PM
BTW- Ailene Voisin is one of the finest sports writers in America...She is objective & yes she is HOT! :smokin
http://www.sacbee.com/static/images/columnists/voisin_new.jpg*edit* oops wrong person

RON ARTEST
04-24-2006, 01:19 PM
if it was karl malone this would never happen. i think this is all about reputation. thats bullshit. but i think the game tomorrow will be that much more competitive trust me.

SpursWoman
04-24-2006, 01:19 PM
You're thanking him? I'm the one that made that

Are you Pimp? If so, how the hell was I supposed to know that? He posted the link to the forum it was posted on.

Sorry. :wtf

Trainwreck2100
04-24-2006, 01:21 PM
Are you Pimp? If so, how the hell was I supposed to know that? He posted the link to the forum it was posted on.

Sorry. :wtf

dammit that's my vid cap, take it off right now, cause we are not supposed to link that stuff here

I posted it here 12 hours ago (the gif), but it was taken down

Sportcamper
Seriously Ailene Voisin is an awesome writer...she gets down on her own team & has even wrote, “stop playing like queens”...

td4mvp21
I think he should have been fined to be honest, but the NBA has made it very very crystal clear to Ron Artest that they will not put up with even the lightest crap. He knows this, so why was he intentionally trying to elbow people? If he knows the NBA is stricter on him, he shouldn't put himself into situations that would warrant that. It's his fault, unfortunately the Kings have to deal with it.

Slinkyman
04-24-2006, 01:22 PM
You Spursies are such Homers...You see everything through Silver & Black lenses...Even Coach Pop knows that this suspension is ridiculous, Artest gets stitches & “HE” gets a suspension? HOW FAIR IS THAT? :depressed

Who's ailene voisin and why did you post a pic of howard stern?

by the way senorspur, malone got a one game suspension for hitting David.

sa_butta
04-24-2006, 01:23 PM

http://www.sacbee.com/static/images/columnists/voisin_new.jpgRon got hit with an unintentional elbow, Ron then went after Manu this is retalitation and revenge. How fair is that? Ive seen people get worse injuries unintentionally but doesnt mean suspension will follow. The point is he did it on purpse and the NBA did what they had to. Cant blame the Spurs for the NBA's action. Besides have you seen the Kings site they are looking through purple and gold as well.

greyforest

its not a "vid cap", its just an animated .gif

there are plenty of people here with animated .gif sigs from the NBA, i think they are just fine. they are not like .mpg or .avi

that being said i'd like to see an animated .gif of the bow that gino gave artest as well, and compare them. its pretty obvious that artest's is intentional, but i want to see gino's.

NASpurs
Who's ailene voisin and why did you post a pic of howard stern?

by the way senorspur, malone got a one game suspension for hitting David.http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39121

Read the first post and the name of the columnist who wrote the article

NASpurs
04-24-2006, 01:25 PM

there are plenty of people here with animated .gif sigs from the NBA, i think they are just fine. they are not like .mpg or .aviNo Kori said we can't post stuff like that here. She deletes posts that have them because the NBA is in hunt down mode when they find something like that.

SpursWoman
04-24-2006, 01:25 PM
I posted it here 12 hours ago (the gif), but it was taken down

12 hours ago I was asleep and didn't see it. And I wasn't interested enough in that other forum to read the whole thread. So, I'm sorry you feel somehow slighted. :spin

Trainwreck2100
04-24-2006, 01:26 PM

there are plenty of people here with animated .gif sigs from the NBA, i think they are just fine. they are not like .mpg or .avi

that being said i'd like to see an animated .gif of the bow that gino gave artest as well, and compare them. its pretty obvious that artest's is intentional, but i want to see gino's.

I don't care what the hell it's called, when it was first posted here the mod took it down

MoSpur
04-24-2006, 01:26 PM

You have to be joking. From that picture she looks nothing close to hot. Oh yeah. The suspension was not too much. It was just right. The dude has to learn his lesson, which I doubt he will.

greyforest
04-24-2006, 01:28 PM
No Kori said we can't post stuff like that here. She deletes posts that have them because the NBA is in hunt down mode when they find something like that.

guess they gotta go through everyones sigs and remove everyone's animated .gifs

like the bowen flying karate kick, the wallace dunk with the cheesy lightning-bolt effect added, etc

pretty ridiculous though. pictures are ok but animated .gifs arent? can we just post a series of pictures, frame by frame?

SenorSpur
04-24-2006, 01:28 PM
Ron got hit with an unintentional elbow, Ron then went after Manu this is retalitation and revenge. How fair is that? Ive seen people get worse injuries unintentionally but doesnt mean suspension will follow. The point is he did it on purpse and the NBA did what they had to. Cant blame the Spurs for the NBA's action. Besides have you seen the Kings site they are looking through purple and gold as well.

Well said.

Also, you didn't hear of Manu calling up Stu Jackson to lobby for the suspension (a la Ray Allen) and you didn't hear of Peter Holt sending replay tapes to or contacting the NBA office to "bitch and moan" (a la Cubano).

This is the NBA's action only - not the Spurs.

HAHA-That'sYourTeam??
04-24-2006, 01:29 PM
if it was karl malone this would never happen. i think this is all about reputation. thats bullshit. but i think the game tomorrow will be that much more competitive trust me.

Karl Malone should have been suspended many times as well. I agree that Artest deserves the suspension - he's a nut who has been told enough times to "behave" and yet doesn't do it. And don't give me this crap about Manu's elbow. It was a loose ball and Artest went in face first, that happens - but let the refs handle it. Retaliation will get you in trouble in any sport. What I don't like is that the NBA treats repeat offenders differently. Karl Malone used to elbow people in the head and go for lay-ups with his knee driving into people's chest, but the NBA never did a damn thing about it. The NBA needs to now be consistent - if you crack a guy on the nugget or take out his legs or rack him in the nuts then be prepared to be fined and suspended, even in the playoffs. This is a multi-billion dollar business here, not a street corner in Harlem.

But with that said I think the NBA should decide what to do with Artest for the future and make that public. What about the next time he does it? Another suspension? Lifetime Ban? It's a good question because you can't just let a guy go around nailing people in the head INTENTIONALLY. That's the difference. People get hurt on accident all the time, but you can't try to hurt people on purpose. I say send his ass to Sing Sing Prison. See how tough he really is. :lol

infinite styles
04-24-2006, 01:30 PM
Forearms and elbow throwing to another players head will always get you ousted in the NBA. Kobe's been suspended, Malone, hell Kevin willis against PHO during the 1st round of the playoffs. Artest is just the latest. His was just overshadowed by the 34 point ass kicking that they recieved.

NASpurs
04-24-2006, 01:32 PM
guess they gotta go through everyones sigs and remove everyone's animated .gifs

like the bowen flying karate kick.

pretty ridiculous though. pictures are ok but animated .gifs arent? can we just post a series of pictures, frame by frame?Lots of sites have gotten warnings and have actually been closed down due to that. So yeah this site isn't taking any chance.

gameFACE
04-24-2006, 01:33 PM
Yeah that gif on page 5 clearly shows it was intentional. Manu flopped, sure. But the blow was far from accidental. I agreed with the general concensus in that he shouldn't be suspended only fined. But when I saw the gif and considering his history it makes sense.

If this were the regular season I would be concerned about the Spurs facing an undermanned team coming off a high but they'll do fine. Game 3 will be interesting.

SenorSpur
04-24-2006, 01:34 PM
Yeah that gif on page 5 clearly shows it was intentional. Manu flopped, sure. But the blow was far from accidental. I agreed with the general concensus in that he shouldn't be suspended only fined. But when I saw the gif and considering his history it makes sense.

If this were the regular season I would be concerned about the Spurs facing an undermanned team coming off a high but they'll do fine. Game 3 will be interesting.

Can we limit this thread to the topic at hand?

NASpurs
04-24-2006, 01:35 PM
Yeah that gif on page 5 clearly shows it was intentional. Manu flopped, sure. But the blow was far from accidental. We all know Manu is a flopper. But do you really believe he flopped there? Go play a game against Ron and see how huge of a man he is and let him forearm you in the head while you're trying to cut... let's see if your head doesn't whip back.

greyforest
04-24-2006, 01:36 PM
Lots of sites have gotten warnings and have actually been closed down due to that. So yeah this site isn't taking any chance.

well its either all or none

there are plenty of animated .gifs around with nba content, they all need to go. lots of people have them, shit, look on page four at user "Cherry" - their sig has two animated gifs.

.gifs are in a grey area i'd say. they need to define the line for what is acceptable.

if a still picture is ok, then a series of pictures is ok. an animated .gif is nothing more than a series of pictures that animate in a loop. these usually contain about 20 frames.

going further would be full video, with sound (such as .mpg, .avi, things you find on google video, youtube, etc). this is obviously not allowed. but see how there are varying levels?

-pictures
-series of pictures
-animated series of pictures
-video w/ sound

it seems as though if pictures are allowed, then its ridiculous to not be able to post a series of pictures frame-by-frame, or an animated .gif of said series of pictures.

sa_butta
04-24-2006, 01:37 PM
We all know Manu is a flopper. But do you really believe he flopped there? Go play a game against Ron and see how huge of a man he is and let him forearm you in the head while you're trying to cut... let's see if your head doesn't whip back.Manu didnt even see it coming as mentioned before he didnt even have time to flop, he was coming around a screen.

pache100
04-24-2006, 01:37 PM
Second, I can't believe any Spurs fans would feel sorry for this guy.

I don't feel sorry for him. Never said I did. And I'm done having my words twisted and reordered to suit other posters.

Trainwreck2100
04-24-2006, 01:38 PM
Knevermind

BigVee
04-24-2006, 01:38 PM
We all know Manu is a flopper. But do you really believe he flopped there? Go play a game against Ron and see how huge of a man he is and let him forearm you in the head while you're trying to cut... let's see if your head doesn't whip back.

No shit. How many of you who are quick to say he flopped have ever been going quickly to an offensive spot and been surprised by the forearm of a guy 6'7'' and 260lbs, with the intention of fucking you up? Thought so.

Mixability
04-24-2006, 01:41 PM
I can hear the Sac excuses now....

We would've won the series if Ron played GM 2......

Just fine him, don't go overboard.

:pctoss

ChumpDumper
04-24-2006, 01:46 PM
My first reaction was the suspension seemed a little excessive, but it looks like by the rules he should've been ejected on the spot. In that case since ejecting him from a blowout loss wouldn't have been much of a punishment, throwing him out of the next game seems like a fair punishment.I just think the refs didn't see the whole thing at the time, so they didn't eject him. When they reviewed it, they saw that Ron should have missed game time, so the league made it game 2.

angel_luv
04-24-2006, 01:50 PM
Wow. I was not expecting this.

It never occured to me that Artest might be suspended.

When Gino said in postgame that Artest did not hit him hard- that it was just in the game contact, I considered the matter settled.

Wow.

SA210
04-24-2006, 01:52 PM
Ron Artest shouldn't even be in the league, period.

NASpurs
04-24-2006, 01:52 PM
Wow. I was not expecting this.

It never occured to me that Artest might be suspended.

When Gino said in postgame that Artest did not hit him hard- that it was just in the game contact, I considered the matter settled.

Wow.Not surprising as Manu isn't Ray Allen. Manu takes his hits and doesn't complain.

CosmicCowboy
04-24-2006, 01:56 PM
funny...looking at the gif it looks like Duncan whacked Manu with his left elbow a half second after Artest did...

CubanMustGo
04-24-2006, 01:58 PM
Having seen the slow-mo replay, the elbow appears to have been quite deliberate. I rescind my earlier support for the FF1 and now believe the FF2 was justified.

polandprzem
04-24-2006, 01:59 PM
Knevermind

Hey did you get the permission from Chuck?

http://spurstalk.com/forums/image.php?u=2320&dateline=1145549017

pache100
04-24-2006, 02:00 PM
Ron Artest shouldn't even be in the league, period.

I see they didn't consult you, either. Fact is, he is in the league. So, he should be treated accordingly. If no other player in the league would have been suspended for this infraction, then Artest shouldn't either.

Dre_7
04-24-2006, 02:07 PM
I cant believe they are suspending Artest and not suspending Nazr for his vicious three point shot!!!!!!!!!!!!

austinfan
04-24-2006, 02:10 PM
I'm just worried now that the Kings are gonna decide to take Manu out in the last game of the series. I mean, so they get a suspension for the first few games of next season. That's probably not enough of a deterrent to stop them. There's a meanspiritedness about Sacto and its fans that you don't find with some other clubs. Spurs, please sweep this series so we can get over the manufactured melodrama and on with the rest of the playoffs.

NASpurs
04-24-2006, 02:11 PM
I see they didn't consult you, either. Fact is, he is in the league. So, he should be treated accordingly. If no other player in the league would have been suspended for this infraction, then Artest shouldn't either.Sounds like you should be protesting somewhere outside for Ron Artest's equal treatment rights http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirolleyes.gif

Trainwreck2100
04-24-2006, 02:12 PM
Hey did you get the permission from Chuck?

http://spurstalk.com/forums/image.php?u=2320&dateline=1145549017

Haha

The knevermind was a quickie edit cause I posted something stupid

SA210
04-24-2006, 02:13 PM
I see they didn't consult you, either. Fact is, he is in the league. So, he should be treated accordingly. If no other player in the league would have been suspended for this infraction, then Artest shouldn't either.
Considering that, obviously, the elbow to Manu's head WAS deliberate, Had he given Manu a concussion or broken his socket, I'm glad you see Artest as just another NBA player, especially given his selfish violent childish acts of the past.

He is lucky to be in the NBA, and anyone would love that opportunity to play in the league and show class. He was warned and he continues his antics.

Throw him out. We don't need wanna-be thugs in the NBA trying to hurt players sending the wrong message to kids. Perhaps people wouldv'e loved to see Manu's head bleeding all over the court or something to understand how dirty this guy is and why he shouldn't even be on the court.

pache100
04-24-2006, 02:17 PM
Sounds like you should be protesting somewhere outside for Ron Artest's equal treatment rights http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirolleyes.gif

I'm expressing an opinion...just like you. :rolleyes :rolleyes

sanman53
04-24-2006, 02:17 PM

Looking at that guy STILL makes me want to puke!

pache100
04-24-2006, 02:21 PM
Considering that, obviously, the elbow to Manu's head WAS deliberate, Had he given Manu a concussion or broken his socket,

Once again, this is mythical. Didn't happen.

He is lucky to be in the NBA, and anyone would love that opportunity to play in the league and show class. He was warned and he continues his antics.

Throw him out. We don't need wanna-be thugs in the NBA trying to hurt players sending the wrong message to kids. Perhaps people wouldv'e loved to see Manu's head bleeding all over the court or something to understand how dirty this guy is and why he shouldn't even be on the court.

I've already said all that. It's too late to expel him from the league for the Detroit rumble, though. He's already served the punishment the NBA saw fit to award for that. We have to operate with the reason we have now.

I didn't think Mike Tyson should have ever been allowed to fight again, after Holyfield, either. But, like I said, unfortunately, the powers that be rarely listen to me.

SA210
04-24-2006, 02:26 PM
Once again, this is mythical. Didn't happen.

I've already said all that. It's too late to expel him from the league for the Detroit rumble, though. He's already served the punishment the NBA saw fit to award for that. We have to operate with the reason we have now.

I didn't think Mike Tyson should have ever been allowed to fight again, after Holyfield, either. But, like I said, unfortunately, the powers that be rarely listen to me.
Well this isn't boxing, it's not supposed to be a brutal fight. It's basketball.
And his past applies because his suspension was not only punishment, but a warning and message to him and the rest of the league that this would no longer be tolerated.

But what do you know, the head case is at it again. I want to agree with you, but this guy is out to hurt people when he's upset. You can't have that.

Jimcs50
04-24-2006, 02:26 PM
This could play into Sacto's hands. They will be pissed and play harder, and SA might have a letdown.

Beware!

angel_luv
04-24-2006, 02:29 PM
Sacto may play harder than they did last game but still we will prevail.

Believe!

101A
04-24-2006, 02:29 PM
This could play into Sacto's hands. They will be pissed and play harder, and SA might have a letdown.

Beware!

They simply don't have enough talent, sans Artest, to beat the Spurs, regardless of how motivated they might be. Then, after being down 0-2; they need 4/5. Not gonna happen.

pache100
04-24-2006, 02:30 PM
Well this isn't boxing, it's not supposed to be a brutal fight. It's basketball.
And his past applies because his suspension was not only punishment, but a warning and message to him and the rest of the league that this would no longer be tolerated.

But what do you know, the head case is at it again. I want to agree with you, but this guy is out to hurt people when he's upset. You can't have that.

Thanks, smartass. I was just using the Mike Tyson thing as another example. Can't you just agree to disagree and let this go? We are not going to change each other's minds. Your point is as valid and I understand why you feel the way you do. My point is valid too, and it does not make me wrong because I disagree with you (and others). All it means is that we have differing opinions.

LilMissSPURfect
04-24-2006, 02:33 PM
WOW! surprised at the decision! but better safe than sorry....

GO SPURS!!!!!

AceProfits
04-24-2006, 02:38 PM
As I sit here and read this thread I wonder if any of you even watch the games?

Stern suspended Artest to send him a message: "Hey Artest you will lose the series you will get blown out every game, but you will NOT hurt these players!"

Artest did not got suspened from that play alone. Thats the only one they have a call on, so thats the one they have to say he got suspended for. He got suspended for all these:
1. Elbow to Duncan's Head (which POP was fighting with Artest about)
2. Elbow to Manu's Head
3. The way he knocked down Parker on his drive.
4. Kocks down Parker again on insuing drive!
5. Got wrapped up with Horry under basket.

I mean it was so obvious. Even the announcers after parkers two take-downs were saying "Artest has been called for his third and fourth foul, sending a message to Adelman to take him out of the game as this will not stand"

So I don't know what all you fakers in here are talking about. Artest is a thug from ridgewood, ny (about 10 miles from where I live) He's a loser who will take a shot at somebody when he realizes he will not win the series.

In my opinion Artest will not finish his career in this league. He will get explelled. And with all due respect this league does not need un-educated thugs like this one. He can go back to Ridgewood and deal some crack rather than play ball.

He should be proud to be playing in this league rather than bringing his street mentality to the big leagues. I mean what does he think he is going to scare people? He is going up against millionaires he don't give a rats ass about Artests elbows to the face. They just shrug it off and wonder what a retard Artest is. Artest reminds me of that bully on the basketball court when you were young and would always knock you down when you drove in. Yes Artest I always wanted to be that guy to you loser! :lol

bonesinaz
04-24-2006, 02:46 PM

To be surprised he got the suspension is stupid. What would we be saying if that elbow actually had opened up a cut on Manu's head?

I agree that the suspension was deserved.

The guy is mentally ill and admittedly does not like taking his meds. He can either be a great asset to his team and the league or a huge liability.

The NBA can't suspend Artest for being mentally ill or not taking his meds. They would have every mental health advocacy group trying to sue their pants off. The only thing that they can do is suspend Artest when he becomes a danger to himself or to others. He knew that the league was looking at him and he intentionally threw more than one elbow anyway. He knows that he is more aggressive w/out his meds and he doesn't take them anyway.

The NBA's actions are a natural consequence of Ron Artest's behavior.

IceColdBrewski
04-24-2006, 02:48 PM
Thanks, smartass. I was just using the Mike Tyson thing as another example. Can't you just agree to disagree and let this go? We are not going to change each other's minds. Your point is as valid and I understand why you feel the way you do. My point is valid too, and it does not make me wrong because I disagree with you (and others). All it means is that we have differing opinions.

[AUOTE=NBA FOUL RULES]Section IX--Punching Fouls
a. Illegal contact called on a player for punching is a personal foul and a team foul. One free throw attempt shall be awarded, regardless of the number of previous fouls in the period. The ball shall be awarded to the offended team out-of-bounds on either side of the court at the free throw line extended whether the free throw is suc-cessful or unsuccessful.
b. Any player who throws a punch, whether it connects or not, has committed an unsportsmanlike act. He will be ejected immediately and suspended for a mini-mum of one game.
c. This rule applies whether play is in progress or the ball is dead.
d. In the case where one punching foul is followed by another, all aspects of the rule are applied in both cases, and the team last offended is awarded possession on the sideline at the free throw line extended in the frontcourt.
e. A fine not exceeding $35,000 and/or suspension may be imposed upon such player(s) by the Commissioner at his sole discretion. [/QUOTE]

Give it up already pache. I can see that you're one of these kinds of people who just can't ever admit to being wrong. But in this case, you're just going to have to deal with it.

Let me guess. Here comes the part where you attempt to retort by trying to differentiate between a "thrown elbow", and a "thrown punch." Spare me. You're wrong.

Kori Ellis
04-24-2006, 02:50 PM
Pretty weak by the NBA.

They should have just fined him.

IceColdBrewski
04-24-2006, 02:52 PM
Pretty weak by the NBA.

This is a guy who is still throwing elbows to the head after being suspended for ONE YEAR. Do you really he's going to give two shits about a little fine?

Kori Ellis
04-24-2006, 02:54 PM
This is a guy who is still throwing elbows to the head after being suspended for ONE YEAR. Do you really he's going to give two shits about a little fine?

No. And he won't care about getting suspended. But Manu flopped (or exaggerated the contact, if you are offended by flopped) so I don't think it warranted a suspension. IMO, it just should have been a flagrant in the game, a fine and that's it.

Vashner
04-24-2006, 02:55 PM
It didn't look that intentional to me. It does kinda ruin the 2nd game without him cause we want to make him witness the destruction...

Sportcamper
04-24-2006, 02:55 PM
http://www.losanjealous.com/img/colonelphil.jpg

Ginobili’s antics may have worked in getting the Kings best player thrown out.... But Don’t count on it in the later play-off rounds... A triangle has three sides but one straight line...

Kori Ellis
04-24-2006, 02:57 PM
BTW, since I deleted all your video links.

Here's a freeze frame of the contact -- not really an elbow.

http://cctvimedia.clearchannel.com/woai/artestelbowmanu160.jpg

Ben Wallace
04-24-2006, 02:57 PM
http://www.losanjealous.com/img/colonelphil.jpg

Ginobili’s antics may have worked in getting the Kings best player thrown out.... But Don’t count on it in the later play-off rounds... A triangle has three sides but one straight line...

whet is a triangel?
Sined,
Ben Walace.

romsey31
04-24-2006, 02:58 PM
if it was not artest it would be a fine
imo he does this crap all the time
this is the playoffs this is when everone watches basketball
they do not like players to play dirty
ron can thank the newspaper lady for this
stern read the newspaper then looked at the elbow
it is a wonder he does not get suspened for 3 games

Haslem was suspended also

RON ARTEST
04-24-2006, 02:59 PM
Pretty weak by the NBA.

i agree. it makes me sick. :depressed

Trainwreck2100

Even in the NBA's press release they call it a forearm

timvp
I didn't even think Artest should be fined. The NBA went too far on this one.

Manu is a notorious flopper and just pulled the greatest flop in NBA history. It has to be the first time a flop ended with the suspension of another player.

If Manu actually was punched by Artest's forearm, he would have gotten in Artest's face. Manu isn't one to back down in such circumstances. Manu felt the contact and flopped to draw the foul. Should have been the end of the story.

Manu also flopped earlier in the game pretty hardcore ... but it turned out it was Nazr Mohammed and not a Kings player who ran into him. :lol

Sorry Kings fans, you got screwed.

Kori Ellis
04-24-2006, 03:00 PM
Even in the NBA's press release they call it a forearm

I know. Many people here are calling it an "elbow to Manu's head". That's why I mentioned it.

Kori Ellis
04-24-2006, 03:02 PM
Manu also flopped earlier in the game pretty hardcore ... but it turned out it was Nazr Mohammed and not a Kings player who ran into him. :lol

That was one of the funniest plays of the game. Nazr accidentally tapped Manu and he flopped like a fish. Then quickly regained his composure when he realized it was Nazr and ran back down. :lmao

101A
04-24-2006, 03:02 PM

Manu is a notorious flopper and just pulled the greatest flop in NBA history. It has to be the first time a flop ended with the suspension of another player.

If Manu actually was punched by Artest's forearm, he would have gotten in Artest's face. Manu isn't one to back down in such circumstances. Manu felt the contact and flopped to draw the foul. Should have been the end of the story.

I think you're wrong - and Kori's "freezeframe" is the evidence. That ain't no "Flop" - Manu got popped - and Artest did it intentionally. He deserved what he got.

Kori Ellis
04-24-2006, 03:03 PM
I think you're wrong - and Kori's "freezeframe" is the evidence. That ain't no "Flop" - Manu got popped - and Artest did it intentionally. He deserved what he got.

It's a flop. A flop is exaggerating contact. Manu does it all game every game. It's part of what he does. A flop doesn't mean he wasn't touched.

timvp
04-24-2006, 03:04 PM
Shiiiyit, I don't even think it's forearm. It was more like wrist.

Congrats, Manu.

Playoff Manu > All

PM5K
04-24-2006, 03:05 PM
Can some of you guys donate some cash so I can get some glasses, because I've seen the play, I recorded it on my DVR, and it sure as shit looks like a forearm above the shoulders to me...

Even if Manu did flop, it shouldn't matter, you can't make contact above the shoulders to another player with your forearm....

Sportcamper
As can clearly be seen by Kori’s Freeze Frame...Tim Duncan slammed into an unsuspecting Ron Artest from behind causing the contact...Why isn’t Tim Duncan Suspended? :depressed

polandprzem
Intentional: ofcourse

And manu always put a little theather on th court, that's his play, that the way he is.

But Ron did it on purpose

RON ARTEST
04-24-2006, 03:06 PM
It's a flop. A flop is exaggerating contact. Manu does it all game every game. It's part of what he does. A flop doesn't mean he wasn't touched.
do you think the spurs might have a let down in game 2? and the kings play harder after getting embarrased? i think the starting lineup will be bonzi at smallforward and kevin martin at shooting guard.

timvp
you can't make contact above the shoulders to another player with your forearm....

Since when? It happens at least a dozen times each game.

Kori Ellis
Can some of you guys donate some cash so I can get some glasses, because I've seen the play, I recorded it on my DVR, and it sure as shit looks like a forearm above the shoulders to me...

Even if Manu did flop, it shouldn't matter, you can't make contact above the shoulders to another player with your forearm....

If you go by that theory, then I guess they should suspend Manu too for busting Artest's lip with his elbow on the first play.

PM5K
04-24-2006, 03:07 PM
Shiiiyit, I don't even think it's forearm. It was more like wrist.

Congrats, Manu.

Playoff Manu > All

You must be fucking blind, the muscle part of his forearm, right before you get to the eblow hits Manu on the head...

Sec24Row7
04-24-2006, 03:08 PM
Manu flopped, but Artest carried that elbow through.

I've watched the link on a ton of other more naive message boards.

You can also see artest watching Manu come through the screen, get in position... set his arm up, look away and follow through.

It was totally intentional.

The one that was MORE intentional was the one he tried to hit Duncan with, but that he whiffed on.

PM5K
04-24-2006, 03:08 PM
If you go by that theory, then I guess they should suspend Manu too for busting Artest's lip with his elbow on the first play.

It was obviously inadvertent, I don't see how you could possibly say the same about Artests contact...

PM5K
04-24-2006, 03:09 PM
Manu flopped, but Artest carried that elbow through.

I've watched the link on a ton of other more naive and message boards.

You can also see artest watching Manu come through the screen, get in position... set his arm up, look away and follow through.

It was totally intentional.

The one that was MORE intentional was the one he tried to hit Duncan with, but that he whiffed on.

Thank you, apparently you have 20/20 vision....

Kori Ellis
04-24-2006, 03:10 PM
I'm not even disputing that it was intentional or not. I think he should be fined, but suspension is excessive.

Manu even said in the postgame that it wasn't a hard hit and it was just normal in game contact.

HAHA-That'sYourTeam??
04-24-2006, 03:13 PM

I don't agree with that. I played high school and college basketball and got popped several times coming over screens. As you are cutting over the screen you can't see the opposing defender who is guarding the guy setting the screen until you actually come around the screen. Even then you are most likely looking for the ball. I know that Manu has good acting skills, but from past experience I can honestly say that it is almost impossible to see that shot coming enough to be able to flop the hit. This game moves fast, and to flop the hit he would have to have made up his mind before the contact. As well, there was no way for Manu to know that Artest was gonna lay a forearm on him before the contact. If you really think about it, every time manu flops it's when he can see the contact coming. If he would have flopped that forearm there would have been a slight delayed reaction.

polandprzem
04-24-2006, 03:14 PM
I'm not even disputing that it was intentional or not. I think he should be fined, but suspension is excessive.

Manu even said in the postgame that it wasn't a hard hit and it was just normal in game contact.

We saw it wasn't hard

Kori Ellis
04-24-2006, 03:15 PM
He didn't have to see it coming. He exaggerates contact the instant he's hit. He's done it his whole life. :lol

nkdlunch
04-24-2006, 03:16 PM
:lol at Artest, this is the 2nd franchise he sinks in a season. That's gotta be a Guiness Record. The message is clear, the NBA is not gonna take his shit no more.

Why should the NBA keep taking shit from Artest without disciplining him???

Who the fuck is he? yeah he's good and plays hard but he ain't worth THAT much for the NBA to stand his shit. I'm dissapointed he's suspended 'cause we could have waxed the king's ass w/him on the court to witness. But fuck it. and book this, the Kings are gonna put up a hell of a game w/out Artest. They're better off w/out him.

PM5K
04-24-2006, 03:17 PM

Yeah it's not an elbow if you wait until after he hits him with his elbow and then freeze the frame...

ducks
I think he got suspened because it looked like it was intentional
that is what cost him the game
manu did not do his intentional therefore no suspened
end of story

Sec24Row7
Any intentional elbow or forarm to the neck or head area is an automatic 1 gamer.

Ask Kobe.

Ron is lucky he didn't get more because of his past history of playoff flagrants.

I don't care how hard it was.

His INTENT was to elbow/forearm both Ginobili AND Duncan in the head.

That ALONE is worth the suspension.

The fewer games we have our players on the same court as that nutcase the better.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
04-24-2006, 03:18 PM
:lol at Artest, this is the 2nd franchise he sinks in a season. That's gotta be a Guiness Record. The message is clear, the NBA is not gonna take his shit no more.

Why should the NBA keep taking shit from Artest without disciplining him???

Who the fuck is he? yeah he's good and plays hard but he ain't worth THAT much for the NBA to stand his shit. I'm dissapointed he's suspended 'cause we could have waxed the king's ass w/him on the court to witness. But fuck it. and book this, the Kings are gonna put up a hell of a game w/out Artest. They're better off w/out him.

Sink?? I didn't know the Kings were above water before he showed up

Kori Ellis
I'm dissapointed he's suspended 'cause we could have waxed the king's ass w/him on the court to witness. But fuck it. and book this, the Kings are gonna put up a hell of a game w/out Artest. They're better off w/out him.

I'm disappointed that he is suspended too. It gives the Kings something else to be upset about.

But I'll still stick to Spurs in Five.

jn77
The NBA is sending a message not only to Ron Artest, but to any player that resorts to throwing elbows out of frustration or retalliation. The officials were in position to call Manu on that elbow to Ron's face and obviously they have had time to review it. If it warranted further action the NBA would've taken further action. Artest has a bad history and a short fuse, I am glad he will not be playing tomorrow, I believe if he did someone would've gotten hurt.

IceColdBrewski
04-24-2006, 03:19 PM
He didn't have to see it coming. He exaggerates contact the instant he's hit. He's done it his whole life. :lol

And I still don't see what the hell that has to do with why Artest shouldn't be suspended for a premeditated forearm to the head.

Sec24Row7
Sink?? I didn't know the Kings were above water before he showed up

LoL... well the big boat had sunk... now this clown comes along and is playing darts in their life raft.

HAHA-That'sYourTeam??

If you don't see it coming there will be a delayed reaction. You're basically saying he moved his head when Artest hit him, which isn't a flop. If he would have gone sprawling across the floor then that part would be the flop, but the head movement was a result of the contact. I've been hit the exact same way and even if the hit isn't hard anyone with any reflexes would still moved their head away from the forearm on impact. That's also not a flop.

timvp
04-24-2006, 03:20 PM
Extreme Homer Alert.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
04-24-2006, 03:20 PM
What's funny is, everyone expected Udonis Haslem to get suspended. But personally I'd much rather, have a mouth piece thrown at me than a forearm.

nkdlunch
04-24-2006, 03:21 PM

:lol this should increase the love Kings fans have for Manu :lol

Manu, my hat goes off to you. He probably planned the whole thing from the beginning. Manu is a machiavellic genius

ChumpDumper
Intentional contact like that calls for ejection. That's black-letter.

Since the refs missed it, he's basically being ejected retroactively. He has to miss game time. Since the NBA doesn't have a wayback machine, he's missing game two.

polandprzem
NEW YORK (AP) -- Ron Artest of the Sacramento Kings was suspended one game without pay for hitting Manu Ginobili of the San Antonio Spurs in the head with his forearm.

The suspension was announced Monday by the league. Artest will miss Game 2 of the Western Conference series on Tuesday.

The contact occurred in the third period of the Spurs' 122-88 win Saturday night against the visiting Kings.

Artest was hit in the mouth by Ginobili's elbow on the game's opening possession. The cut inside his upper lip required three stitches

Kori what about the clippers vbookie?

Kori Ellis
04-24-2006, 03:22 PM
Any intentional elbow or forarm to the neck or head area is an automatic 1 gamer.

Is it? I think the NBA rules read that an elbow above the shoulders is an automatic ejection.

I don't think it says forearm and I don't think it says automatic 1 game suspension. But I haven't checked.

PM5K
04-24-2006, 03:23 PM
Extreme Homer Alert.

Yeah I know you are a Homer, no need to tell us all.

You obviously didn't see what happened if you are going to come in here and say that he hit Manu with his wrist, and freeze frame your wife posted is AFTER AFTER AFTER Artest hit him with his forearm in the head...

HAHA-That'sYourTeam??
Extreme Homer Alert.

You talkin' to ME?

nkdlunch

oh come on, that looks so intentional. and it also looks like a flop. :D

Artest got caught w/his hand in the cookie jar. I don't agree w/the suspension but I do agree that the NBA has had enough of Artest's psychotic behaviour.

Kori Ellis
04-24-2006, 03:24 PM
Yeah I know you are a Homer, no need to tell us all.

You obviously didn't see what happened if you are going to come in here and say that he hit Manu with his wrist, and freeze frame your wife posted is AFTER AFTER AFTER Artest hit him with his forearm/elbow...

The wrist comment was a joke - thus the context. It is definitely a forearm.

timvp
04-24-2006, 03:24 PM
He probably planned the whole thing from the beginning.

He probably did. Everyone in the building knew Artest was going to come out aggressive in the third quarter. The Spurs were up by 60 and the Kings were being soft. Manu knew Artest was going to get a little dirty to try to send a message to the Spurs.

Manu was hit and made it look much worse than it was.

If you don't think that's the case, you must not follow the Spurs much.

PM5K
04-24-2006, 03:25 PM
The wrist comment was a joke - thus the context. It is definitely a forearm.

At least post the freeze frame before that, when Artest actually made contact with Manus head with the meat of his forearm.

Kori Ellis
04-24-2006, 03:26 PM
At least post the freeze frame before that, when Artest actually made contact with Manus head with the meat of his forearm.

I don't have any freezeframes. That's just the one that is up on WOAI.com

PM5K
04-24-2006, 03:26 PM
He probably did. Everyone in the building knew Artest was going to come out aggressive in the third quarter. The Spurs were up by 60 and the Kings were being soft. Manu knew Artest was going to get a little dirty to try to send a message to the Spurs.

Manu was hit and made it look much worse than it was.

If you don't think that's the case, you must not follow the Spurs much.

The question is though, does it matter?

I'm sure the L watched the video and realized that Manu exaggerated the contact, but it's the contact itself that matters...

Extra Stout
04-24-2006, 03:27 PM
Oh, just stop. Manu is a saint. All Spurs are perfect and saintly and without blemish. Any hard contact by a Spur is inadvertant; in fact, any time it happens, it's because an opponent intentionally and aggressively got his face or other body part in the way. For example, in the first quarter, Artest hit Manu's elbow with his lip. That savage act alone should have gotten Artest thrown out of the league. But nooooooo, the rigged anti-Spurs NBA calls a foul on Manu!

Artest's forearm is just as bad as a punch. No, it's just as bad as attempted murder. It's the most outrageous act I've ever seen. And you know as well as I do that Spurs fans never exaggerate. It's worse than Kermit Washington. Manu could have been decapitated!

And how dare you say Manu flops? Manu is intrinsically incapable of deceit. The Spurs uniform washes away all sin and makes players holy. I've seen cases where players were able to manipulate air pressure to cause Manu to flail wildly without actually touching him. Clearly that shows the NBA has a problem with players dabbling in the occult. It does NOT mean Manu flops. It means that the Spurs are on the side of Jesus, and the opponents worship Satan.

It's a sign of the anti-Spurs conspiracy that Artest was only suspended one game. If the NBA were fair, they would just call off the NBA playoffs and crown the Spurs NBA champions. Even that's not enough. In addition, the Kings should have to subsidize it so Southside fans can go to Spurs games for $5 and get free beer. Anything less is proof of the conspiracy.