PDA

View Full Version : Miami’s Udonis Haslem Suspended

Pistons < Spurs
04-24-2006, 12:14 PM
http://www.nba.com/news/haslem_060424.html

NEW YORK, April 24, 2006 – Udonis Haslem of the Miami Heat has been suspended one game without pay for throwing his mouthpiece at an official, it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Senior Vice President Basketball Operations.

The incident occurred with 4:11 remaining in the second period of the Heat’s 111-106 win over the Chicago Bulls on April 22 at American Airlines Arena in Miami. Haslem will miss Game 2 vs. Chicago when the series resumes tonight.

bdubya
04-24-2006, 01:29 PM
Damn, I guess the league isn't taking any chances. I woulda thought Haslem getting tossed in the first place was enough. Guess I better check the replay; maybe there was "intent to injure"? :lol

ShoogarBear
04-24-2006, 03:59 PM
I wonder if Joey Crawford called up Stu to complain?

RON ARTEST
04-24-2006, 04:03 PM
Damn, I guess the league isn't taking any chances. I woulda thought Haslem getting tossed in the first place was enough. Guess I better check the replay; maybe there was "intent to injure"? :lolthe nba is so fuckin stupid. they treat the refs like they are fucking royalty that should be treated as such. damn they make me sick! he got ejected thats enough! its a mouthpiece not a grenade.

Obstructed_View
04-24-2006, 04:46 PM
The NBA sent out a memo last week to all teams essentially telling them that they didn't want anyone doing anything to embarass themselves or the league. The suspensions are a way of telling everyone else that they are serious.