PDA

View Full Version : NBA/Stern love the Spurs???

ObiwanGinobili
04-24-2006, 12:28 PM
Since when???

check this out:
www.kingsfans.com

West_Gunslinger16

MY CONSPIRACY IS TRUE! The NBA is really strengthening the Texas Franchise in order to get more fans and viewers as possible to attain the same number of fans since the "Jordan Era". The move is PATHETIC! But really, they're the same ******** running the NBA.

Franchises they have strengthening over the years:

Rockets - due to number of fans of Yao and Grady
Lakers - charismatic player/s
Spurs - same as Lakers
Heat - Shaq fans over the world (also Wade is becoming popular)
Cleveland - so true they get to the free throw line often but they're my second fave team (wow, the NBA guys' plans are working)

I think that's about it. See you guys whenever the playoffs finish.

:lol
I guess they didin;t get teh memo that Stern practically vomits everytime he hears the name Spurs.
If the NBA couls have a Lakers/Heat finals I think Stern would have the biggest joygasm ever.

Charismatic players?? uhm yeah... every little kid from New York to bangkok has a Tim Duncan poster on his wall and stands in line for days to get the new pair of Bruce Bowen tennies... :rolleyes
hahahahhahahh Then NBA hates the Spurs.
Our last reg. season game wasn;t even nationaly televised.

But I guess things look a bit different when you are a Queens fan.

Trainwreck2100
04-24-2006, 12:33 PM
If Ron was playing the Charlotte Bobcats and he pulled this, he would still be suspended. It's more Stern still paying him back for the Malice in the Palace then Spurs favoritism

ObiwanGinobili
04-24-2006, 12:37 PM
If Ron was playing the Charlotte Bobcats and he pulled this, he would still be suspended. It's more Stern still paying him back for the Malice in the Palace then Spurs favoritism

thats what I think too.
I'm surprised it went to a FF2.... I would've expected a FF1 since they reviewed it after the game.

If he had been given a FF1 at hte time and then after review they handed down a FF2.... makes more sense to me.
But to jump from F to FF2 smacks of Stern retaliation.

Don't get me wrong. I thought he deserved a FF at the time.... but this far after the fact ... eeeehhhhhh. Manu was cool with it and so was Pop... shoulda let it be or move it to FF1. Not FF2.

LilMissSPURfect
04-24-2006, 02:49 PM
I thought it read STERN (hard) love for the SPURS!
hmmmmm
?
?
?

jman3000
04-24-2006, 04:43 PM
This is the way it will always be. Spurs fans blamed the refs during our troubles with the Lakers, Lakers fans blame the refs for..... basically anything. Usually when a team loses the first reaction of a fan is to not blame the players, coaches, or even the opposing team.... it's always the ref's fault. Always has been, always will be.

nkdlunch
04-24-2006, 04:53 PM
This all started when Brent Barry kissed Stern. He's had the hots for the Spurs since then

smeagol
04-24-2006, 05:07 PM
Estupido Kings fan.

Vashner
04-24-2006, 05:08 PM
He's a little good luck doll with his east coast"Champ EEN" instead of champion.

As long as he keeps saying that for the Spurs he can stay commish :)

Obstructed_View
04-24-2006, 05:10 PM
The only thing funnier than the fact that Kings fans didn't realize Artest forearmed Duncan, elbowed Ginobili and body slammed Parker all within about ten minutes is the notion that somehow the Kings would have had a chance in the series if not for the suspension.

Vashner
04-24-2006, 05:17 PM
Maybe he wants to have dinner with Eva or something.

Now with TP on ET every night Spurs are "the in crowd" now :)

mavsfan1000
04-24-2006, 05:38 PM
Stern is a bitch. The kings would've won this series if it weren't for this. Stern loves Ginobili I guess. Fuck Stern.

Obstructed_View
04-24-2006, 05:40 PM
Stern is a bitch. The kings would've won this series if it weren't for this. Stern loves Ginobili I guess. Fuck Stern.
Dude, you need to put emoticons in your posts when you post stuff like this. Considering some of the stupid stuff you actually mean someone might believe you are serious. Even I don't think you are stupid enough to mean this.

T Park
04-24-2006, 05:43 PM

Been drinking your bong water again?

Kori Ellis
04-24-2006, 05:45 PM
Nothing new.
Since 2003 fans of other teams think that Stern loves the Spurs. I've seen similar posts for 3 years.

Hook Dem
04-24-2006, 05:49 PM
Whoa! I guess they're serving peyote at AA Center. :lol

samikeyp
04-24-2006, 05:51 PM
Nothing new.
Since 2003 fans of other teams think that Stern loves the Spurs. I've seen similar posts for 3 years.

"Paging Laker Lanny!" :lol

ALVAREZ6
04-24-2006, 05:51 PM
Whoa! I guess they're serving peyote at AA Center. :lol
Knowing Cuban, I wouldn't doubt it!

Obstructed_View
04-24-2006, 05:52 PM
Nothing new.
Hey, the three lowest ratings for NBA finals ever, and the third smallest market. What's not to love?

jman3000
04-24-2006, 06:23 PM
Hey, the three lowest ratings for NBA finals ever, and the third smallest market. What's not to love?

I don't believe there is any sort of conspiracy theory for or against the Spurs, but the routine excuse that Lakers fans come up with when confronted with the abysmal ratings the Spurs produce is that the Spurs are international and that it is in the NBA's best interest to give them exposure as much as possible. The problem with this thinking is that if that were the case, you would never see a team such as the Rockets miss the playoffs... if they truly wanted Yao to make the playoffs couldnt they just fix the games so that would happen? Anyway, some fans are so dillusional that any excuse to take the blame off of their team is prefered over reality.

Leetonidas
04-24-2006, 06:28 PM

Damn you're like a woman, you change your mind to fucking much.

exstatic
04-24-2006, 06:51 PM
Sacto fans yet again looking for an excuse to jump ship....

exstatic
04-24-2006, 06:55 PM
Oh, and even if it were upgraded to a FF2, that doesn't neccessarily mandate a suspension, just an ejection if it's called in a game. A suspension is only automatic at 3 FF points. What sucks for the Kings is that Psycho Ronnie could have been suspended on general principals of unsportsmanlike conduct, then assessed a FF1 or FF2 (the league doesn't announce them). The clock could be ticking for another suspension.

SAGambler
04-24-2006, 07:00 PM
Artest singlehandedly cost the Pacers a shot at a championship two years in a row.

Why are the Kings fans so surprised that he is at it again?

Obstructed_View
04-24-2006, 07:01 PM
Artest singlehandedly cost the Pacers a shot at a championship two years in a row.

Why are the Kings fans so surprised that he is at it again?
At least now the Kings fans have a reason to claim that they actually had a shot at a championship.

Jimcs50
04-24-2006, 07:04 PM
Kings fans = Spurs fans of 8+ years ago.

You have to blame someone for 20+ yrs of playoff futility.

Obstructed_View
04-24-2006, 07:12 PM
Kings fans = Spurs fans of 8+ years ago.

You have to blame someone for 20+ yrs of playoff futility.
I still blame Dennis Rodman and John Lucas. :)

Samr
04-24-2006, 07:33 PM
I like to think of the Artest suspension being Stern's way of giving a makeup call for his remarks about the Spurs in the NBA Finals.

It's not that he doesn't like the good guys, it's just that the good guys don't draw strong ratings, and that isn't good for Stern.

Tek_XX
04-24-2006, 10:09 PM
Yeah i don't blame stern, i'd hate the Spurs too if i was commissioner. What's not to love about Spurs playoff ratings.

caŽlo
04-24-2006, 10:10 PM
that West_Gunslinger16 guy is a fucking idiot.

i wonder where in the phil does he live

MaNuMaNiAc
04-24-2006, 10:11 PM
http://www.kingsfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12112&page=8

LMAO!! I can't believe some idiots in that forum are actually blaming Artest suspension on Manu, stating that if Manu hadn't exagerated the blow nothing would have happened. They are even going so far as to call Manu dirty for having done that Bunch of dumbasses!

They are completely missing the point! Artest should NOT have purposely hit Manu PERIOD! Perhaps the suspension was over the top, I don' know, but there sure is a lot of hate brewing against Manu simply because he "pulled his head back a bit TOO much" Seriously, some people are just too dumb for thoughts!

jackasses