PDA

View Full Version : Spurs can't get no respect

jn77
04-24-2006, 04:08 PM
Why does the national media shrug off the Spurs? Did they forget that the Spurs are the defending NBA Champs? TNT, ESPN, and ABC are all over the Mavs jock latley. Event the Sportscenter coverage spent more time on hockey than on the Spurs blowout of the Kings :madrun Is it because the Spurs don't have any players with wrap sheets that are as long as their stat sheets? Is it because the Spurs are not Ghetto faboulous? Should Brett Barry go down to the riverwalk and mug somebody? I don't think so. Doesn't a team that goes out and plays hard everynight and wins 63 games on the heels of an NBA championship deserve some respect?

Geno Billy
04-24-2006, 04:10 PM
Should Brett Barry go down to the riverwalk and mug somebody? I don't think so. Doesn't a team that goes out and plays hard everynight and wins 63 games on the heels of an NBA championship deserve some respect?

It's Brent Barry. Prognosticators are flavor-o'-the-day, no worries.

CharlieMac
04-24-2006, 04:11 PM
Well, if it was a closer game, I'm sure there would have been better coverage. I don't mind the coverage on television as long as Rome, the boys at PTI and Around the Horn cover it.

But I'll admit, it's a little frusterating waiting for highlights and seeing the Clipper/Nuggets highlights beforehand.

CharlieMac
04-24-2006, 04:12 PM
Oh, but TNT is the answer. Every ABC playoff promo is just a Kobe/Lebron mini-highlight.

RON ARTEST
04-24-2006, 04:12 PM
why the fuck would they wanna talk about a game that wasnt even close to being competitive for a long period of time?

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-24-2006, 04:14 PM
If your double-negative is implying that the Spurs can, in fact, get some respect, despite fans negative opinions to the contrary, and if you're trying to spin this negative into a positively negative positive light, and if you're trying to garner support for this ill-fated, yet negatively positive campaign through the negative use of a positive poll. . .well then you sir, are an idiot, and I couldn't agree with you more.

angel_luv
04-24-2006, 04:15 PM
Aren't Espn and ABC affiliated?

RON ARTEST
04-24-2006, 04:17 PM
If your double-negative is implying that the Spurs can, in fact, get some respect, despite fans negative opinions to the contrary, and if you're trying to spin this negative into a positively negative positive light, and if you're trying to garner support for this ill-fated, yet negatively positive campaign through the negative use of a positive poll. . .well then you sir, are an idiot, and I couldn't agree with you more.
to many big words for me to understand sorry. i guess thats why my screen name is what it is. :lol

RON ARTEST
04-24-2006, 04:18 PM
yeah.

ashbeeigh
04-24-2006, 04:21 PM

Disney owns ABC and ESPN.

Geno Billy
04-24-2006, 04:22 PM
:lmao

Chopper speaks volumes and I couldn't not agree with him less.

CubanMustGo
04-24-2006, 04:22 PM
Rotfl.

Espn: 0
Abc: 0
Tnt: 7

nkdlunch
04-24-2006, 04:23 PM
WGAF. Just win baby

jn77
04-24-2006, 04:25 PM

I am dizzy just reading your reply, :spin but for those of you who read too much into what the title of the post was: Why can't the spurs gain any respect from the national media? That is what I meant. Congrats on your english degree chopper ;)

jn77
04-24-2006, 04:30 PM
I did not know that ESPN and ABC were owned by Disney. That really does explain alot about the coverage.

mikejones99
04-24-2006, 04:31 PM
TNT wins again. Barkley usually gives Spurs some respect. When Spurs play same night as Lebron it will be difficult to get any pub.

Spurologist
04-24-2006, 04:33 PM
Is this a serious question. FUCK ABC. Espn doesn't know half the shit they are talking about. Charles lays down the truth on TNT

CosmicCowboy
04-24-2006, 04:36 PM
Why does the national media shrug off the Spurs? Did they forget that the Spurs are the defending NBA Champs? TNT, ESPN, and ABC are all over the Mavs jock latley. Event the Sportscenter coverage spent more time on hockey than on the Spurs blowout of the Kings :madrun Is it because the Spurs don't have any players with wrap sheets that are as long as their stat sheets? Is it because the Spurs are not Ghetto faboulous? Should Brett Barry go down to the riverwalk and mug somebody? I don't think so. Doesn't a team that goes out and plays hard everynight and wins 63 games on the heels of an NBA championship deserve some respect?

http://www.trashcity.org/BLITZ/BLIT0796.JPG

those damn bad boys and their wrap sheets!

Vashner
04-24-2006, 04:38 PM
Spurs = Texas = ABC = Hate Texas cause of Bush = Spurs suck to them.

Btw did Dubya ever host the Spurs this year? I know he did last 2 ships.

myhc
04-24-2006, 04:40 PM
<--------prays for Pistons-Spurs final for next 5 years

Sense
04-24-2006, 04:51 PM
why the fuck would they wanna talk about a game that wasnt even close to being competitive for a long period of time?

Because they want to make at the fact that Ron Artest was talking alot of stupid nonsense, like always and not backing it up on the first game...

The blowout was something they could've capitalized on.

Scobe
04-24-2006, 04:55 PM

Although I am not positive that this is negative I am positive that this negative topic was intended to illicit a positive response from the fans who feel negatively affected. The lack of negative or positive coverage of the Spurs leads some positive fans to feel slighted in a mostly negative way. The positive poll you speak of includes bias of a negative nature since the positive poll is conducted on a fan site. Bias is negative when positive polls are used because negative and positive fans illicit both negative and positive results, but mostly positive. Conversely, if a positive poll is on a negative fans site then the negative results would be a result of the positive poll being negatively affected by negative fans. WTF?? :blah

ShoogarBear
04-24-2006, 06:01 PM
It's Brent Barry.

Talk about no respect. :lol

ShoogarBear
04-24-2006, 06:03 PM
Disney owns ABC and ESPN.

Actually Disney pwns!!!! ABC and ESPN.

mikejones99
04-24-2006, 07:02 PM
Games should move to Comedy central with Charles Barkley doing play by play.

Horry For 3!
04-24-2006, 07:27 PM
TNT easily

spurs=bling
04-24-2006, 07:29 PM
Tnt

LilMissSPURfect
04-24-2006, 08:38 PM
spurs never GET respect....THEY've EARNED everything they've gotten and don't get it (pub & coverage)handed to them!

DDS4
04-24-2006, 10:01 PM
Trying to understand their point of view....

ABC/ESPN are trying to hype up Lebron and Kobe to get ratings as much as possible before their respective teams get eliminated. Nothing new.

They'll be on the Spurs jock and hypin' them up soon enough. Probably won't start until the semi's or the finals.

RON ARTEST
04-24-2006, 10:24 PM
nuggets getting killed in LA right now 38-13! i feel so much better now. :lol so far the most exciting series has been miami and chicago.

bigfundamental21
04-24-2006, 11:01 PM
This is nothing new. The media never will give us the respect we deserve, but that doesn't matter. All that matters is who is wearing the rings at the end of the season. Spurs are about business and basketball, not about popularity and sound bites. BELIEVE!!! :flag:

Hoy
04-25-2006, 12:43 AM
Why bother seek respect from lesser minds?

T-Pain
04-25-2006, 02:13 AM
TNT by a longshot. Charles Barkley is a spurs fan.