PDA

View Full Version : Tucker to enter NBA draft.

Ginofan
04-24-2006, 06:15 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2006/news/story?id=2419947

Texas junior forward P.J. Tucker announced Monday that he is putting his name in the NBA draft but will not hire an agent.

"I'm keeping my options open," Tucker told ESPN.com. "I want to see what will happen from here."

Tucker led the Longhorns in scoring (16.1 points per game) and rebounding (9.5). Despite that productivity and improving his overall versatility, the 6-foot-5 inside player is considered a tweener by NBA standards.

Tucker acknowledged that he's not yet guaranteed a spot in the league's pre-draft camp in Orlando from June 6-10. He knows he'll have to prove to NBA scouts before then that he has a perimeter game.

"I need to work on my long ball," he said. "I've got to be able to knock down NBA 3s, that's the biggest thing.

"[But] I bring it every day, play hard, make my teammates better. I'm getting better every day, improving my versatility," he said.

Tucker's teammate, 7-foot sophomore LaMarcus Aldridge, has already declared for the draft and is considered a prime lottery candidate. Sophomore guard Daniel Gibson said at the Texas team banquet he planned to return to school.

However, Gibson's father told the Austin American-Statesman that Gibson was likely to submit his name for the draft as well. Like Tucker, Gibson also planned to keep his college eligibility while testing his draft status, Byron Gibson said.

If either or both interior players return to Austin, Texas will be considered a legitimate 2007 national title candidate. They'd be joined by 2005-06 reserves A.J. Abrams and Mike Williams and another strong Rick Barnes recruiting class, highlighted by McDonald's All-American Kevin Durant.

"I like school, like what we've got going here," Tucker said. "I just want to know where I stand."

In a statement released by the school, Barnes said his has "no problem" with Tucker's decision.

"This is a good rule put in place for players to explore their draft position," Barnes said.

Texas finished the 2005-06 season 30-7, losing in the Atlanta Region final to LSU.

Horry For 3!
04-24-2006, 07:13 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2006/news/story?id=2419947

Texas junior forward P.J. Tucker announced Monday that he is putting his name in the NBA draft but will not hire an agent.

"I'm keeping my options open," Tucker told ESPN.com. "I want to see what will happen from here."

Tucker led the Longhorns in scoring (16.1 points per game) and rebounding (9.5). Despite that productivity and improving his overall versatility, the 6-foot-5 inside player is considered a tweener by NBA standards.

Tucker acknowledged that he's not yet guaranteed a spot in the league's pre-draft camp in Orlando from June 6-10. He knows he'll have to prove to NBA scouts before then that he has a perimeter game.

"I need to work on my long ball," he said. "I've got to be able to knock down NBA 3s, that's the biggest thing.

"[But] I bring it every day, play hard, make my teammates better. I'm getting better every day, improving my versatility," he said.

Tucker's teammate, 7-foot sophomore LaMarcus Aldridge, has already declared for the draft and is considered a prime lottery candidate. Sophomore guard Daniel Gibson said at the Texas team banquet he planned to return to school.

However, Gibson's father told the Austin American-Statesman that Gibson was likely to submit his name for the draft as well. Like Tucker, Gibson also planned to keep his college eligibility while testing his draft status, Byron Gibson said.

If either or both interior players return to Austin, Texas will be considered a legitimate 2007 national title candidate. They'd be joined by 2005-06 reserves A.J. Abrams and Mike Williams and another strong Rick Barnes recruiting class, highlighted by McDonald's All-American Kevin Durant.

"I like school, like what we've got going here," Tucker said. "I just want to know where I stand."

In a statement released by the school, Barnes said his has "no problem" with Tucker's decision.

"This is a good rule put in place for players to explore their draft position," Barnes said.

Texas finished the 2005-06 season 30-7, losing in the Atlanta Region final to LSU.
That is for sure. He never shoots from the outside.

It seems as PJ is just checkin it out and probably not going to be in the draft.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-24-2006, 07:16 PM
weak

JMarkJohns
04-24-2006, 11:52 PM
I think he stays. This draft is going to be very kind to borderlines like him. Next year's draft won't be nearly as forgiving and no matter what kind of season he has, he could really slip, being he still won't be played at SF at Texas, the position most want to ween him into for the NBA.