PDA

View Full Version : Fan from orlando

kellog
04-24-2006, 09:14 PM
So glad I found this! I have been a fan of the Spurs since David Robinson started in 89. I went to high school with him in Manassas Va. I thought after he retired I would not be such a fanataic...but I am now a fan for life!

Thanks for whom ever posted this on AOL!!! If I could I would sell my house and move to San Antonio! Go Spurs!!!!

SAGambler
04-24-2006, 09:16 PM
So glad I found this! I have been a fan of the Spurs since David Robinson started in 89. I went to high school with him in Manassas Va. I thought after he retired I would not be such a fanataic...but I am now a fan for life!

Thanks for whom ever posted this on AOL!!! If I could I would sell my house and move to San Antonio! Go Spurs!!!!

Hell, if you own a house in Va., you could probably sell it, move here, buy another one, and have enough left over to retire on...
:spin

ALVAREZ6
04-24-2006, 09:17 PM
The relief of finding www.spurstalk.com

It's a great feeling!

You went to HS with D-Rob??? That's awesome!

Welcome to the forum!

Kori Ellis
04-24-2006, 09:19 PM
Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your time here.

kellog
04-24-2006, 09:25 PM
I live about 30 min outside orlando now. I did go see the the Magic and the Spurs when they where here in Dec and even got Manu's autograph.

Not a Magic fan but if the Spurs are there so am I!

alamo50
04-25-2006, 05:27 PM
Welcome kellog!
Always good to see more Admiral fans up in here.

Did you take any classes with David?

It must have been weird for you guys at Osbourn High to see another 6"7 kid come in for his senior year huh?

SpursWoman
04-25-2006, 05:35 PM
Welcome to the forum! :)

T-Pain
04-25-2006, 05:35 PM
welcome to the boards

kellog
04-25-2006, 06:46 PM
Thanks for the welcomes.

I didn't have any classes with David I was a year behind him. We also had another 6'7" guy on the team and the coach would only put David in for half
the game and the other guy for the other. My dad would get so mad. He tryed talking to the coach and the coach said he wanted to be fair to the other guy who had been there for 4 years. The coach did not like my dad very much he was quite vocal in the stands. The bad thing was the coach was also my guidance counselor so I knew him and he flat out told me he thought my dad was crazy.

My dad ran into David out shopping and even asked David to ask Coach Payne
to play him more and David thanked him for his support but told him it is the coach team and he knows what is best.

Friendly Freddy
04-25-2006, 06:57 PM
Spurstalk.com is a great site with great posters!!!

alamo50
04-25-2006, 07:10 PM
Great story kellog!

David wouldn't have asked his coach to play him more that period of time because he didn't realy like playing basketball during that timeframe anyway.