PDA

View Full Version : Give TP some Love!!

Scobe
04-24-2006, 10:52 PM
How about Tony?? All of the talk has been about Manu's flopping and Artest's dumb, childish antics. How about the fact that TP owned Sac with only a few minutes of game time. Do you think this is the start of a monster post season for TP that will follow his break out year??

SequSpur
04-24-2006, 10:55 PM
Sure Eva. Welcome to the Forum. :D

Vashner
04-24-2006, 10:55 PM
It will all come with time. Tony's got plenty of visibility right now..

ducks
04-24-2006, 10:56 PM
7 for 7 from the stripe last game!

MaNuMaNiAc
04-24-2006, 10:57 PM
I don't see how anyone can be surprised at what TP is doing, he has been doing it ALL SEASON LONG! the guy has become a true superstar

Scobe
04-24-2006, 10:57 PM
Sure Eva. Welcome to the Forum. :D

Thank you sequ... wanna romp?? :lol

................... silence................

Oh well, maybe i'll just go to alvarez...

signed,
Eva Loooooongoria

Scobe
04-24-2006, 10:59 PM
Do you think that at TP playing at this level will be the deciding advantage over detroit, seeing how they are basically the same team from last year with the bulk of production coming from the same people?

thispego
04-24-2006, 10:59 PM
yeah, tony has proved his dominance throughout the season, proved all-star bid watsnt a fluke, etc. I'm ready for him to maintain throughout the playoffs, i KNOW he can do it, so does he

thispego
04-24-2006, 11:01 PM
Do you think that at TP playing at this level will be the deciding advantage over detroit, seeing how they are basically the same team from last year with the bulk of production coming from the same people?
YES
last season, chauncey was superior to tony
this year, tony = chauncey
if not tony > chauncey

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-24-2006, 11:29 PM
YES
last season, chauncey was superior to tony
this year, tony = chauncey
if not tony > chauncey

Tony has been the anchor for this team, well not Tim Duncan anchor, but he's picked up our offensive slack this whole season.

But I don't think Tony does the same things as Chauncey, sorry. We have to see, hopefully, if they meet for a rematch how much Tony will bring.

Tony's been amazing though, I hope he keeps his unstoppable speed throughout the playoffs, he'll have averaged 22 ppg in the postseason.

Scobe
04-24-2006, 11:38 PM
Tony has been the anchor for this team, well not Tim Duncan anchor, but he's picked up our offensive slack this whole season.

But I don't think Tony does the same things as Chauncey, sorry. We have to see, hopefully, if they meet for a rematch how much Tony will bring.

Tony's been amazing though, I hope he keeps his unstoppable speed throughout the playoffs, he'll have averaged 22 ppg in the postseason.

TP and Billips are different players. Billips is the bigger guard and the better shooter while TP is by far superior in driving the lane and creating off of the bounce. TP has also become an amazing finisher at the rim. Two different types of players.

samikeyp
04-24-2006, 11:45 PM
Good call Scobe.....TP shredded that "improved" Kings defense.

RON ARTEST
04-24-2006, 11:48 PM
I don't see how anyone can be surprised at what TP is doing, he has been doing it ALL SEASON LONG! the guy has become a true superstar
hes an all star ill give you that but until he continues this great play consistently i dont know if i would call him a superstar. but in a couple years he will be for sure. i think he is already the best player on the team.

RON ARTEST
04-24-2006, 11:48 PM
Good call Scobe.....TP shredded that "improved" Kings defense.
we will see if he does that tomorrow. hopefully he doesnt.

samikeyp
04-24-2006, 11:49 PM
He was pretty consistent this season...which is why he was an all star.

Fabbs
04-24-2006, 11:55 PM
:worthy: on TPs season and Game 1.
While many of us think he can and will keep it up thru the playoffs and Finals, until he does it he will have a small monkey on his back.
Going for three titles before age 25. That's sweet.

RON ARTEST
04-24-2006, 11:56 PM
He was pretty consistent this season...which is why he was an all star.
i mean in the playoffs.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-24-2006, 11:59 PM
Some people are reluctant to give Tony Props just yet, because of his inconsistent showings last year. So i guess it's reasonable to wait and hold off the props, he's been getting them all year. I think Tony's gonna be trying to prove himself. Last year Manu proved himself with his crazy playoff stats, and he did it all with groundhog day-Tim Duncan at his side.

I think Tony at times feels like he's young and got everything to prove and that focus might hurt him in a couple games when things aren't falling for him.

Hoy
04-25-2006, 12:54 AM
I think it's about time we give Tony a nickname. I propose Tony "The Money (as in Moneyshot) Parker." If you shoot 55%, you've earned money moniker.

samikeyp
04-25-2006, 07:03 AM
I think the props he has been given he has earned so far. The next test is the playoffs. Game 1 was awesome, but it was one step. Hopefully he will continue his upward progress.

LilMissSPURfect
04-25-2006, 07:28 AM
I think it's about time we give Tony a nickname. I propose Tony "The Money (as in Moneyshot) Parker." If you shoot 55%, you've earned money moniker.

I liked San AnTONY_OH SPURS! :spin

CosmicCowboy
04-25-2006, 07:53 AM

It certainly can't hurt that TP is a lot more consistent this year but I don't see it being the "deciding advantage" over Detroit. Ben and Sheed are NOT gonna let TP go to the rack uncontested.

Jimcs50
04-25-2006, 08:34 AM
How about Tony?? All of the talk has been about Manu's flopping and Artest's dumb, childish antics. How about the fact that TP owned Sac with only a few minutes of game time. Do you think this is the start of a monster post season for TP that will follow his break out year??

I'd rather give Eva some love.

:)

Scobe
04-25-2006, 08:36 AM
It certainly can't hurt that TP is a lot more consistent this year but I don't see it being the "deciding advantage" over Detroit. Ben and Sheed are NOT gonna let TP go to the rack uncontested.

That's a good point. There is no way he is going to shred every team (especially Det.) at the rim the way he did in game one. What I am waiting to see is if his improved ability to finish at the rim will suck the Wallaces + Prince under to help, therefore leaving open shooters. If he can penetrate, there is no doubt that Det. has the length and defensive chops to take away the finish at the rim, but will they still be able to challenge the shooters effectively? That pretty much goes for any team, not just Det. If TP's improved decision making and assist skills continue throughout the post season, AND the Spurs shooters continue to find the spots and shoot well, it will force other teams to match that kind of scoring ability. That's why I think it all starts with TP and even Manu. Pop can also put Manu at the point as in game 1 and we all saw his ability to beat Artest to the paint. Manu is capable of finishing as well as hitting guys for open jumpers, just not quite as adept at the latter as TP is right now. If the Spurs cans consistently score at even 70% the efficiency of game 1 they are going to be very hard to beat by anyone.