PDA

View Full Version : Cuban to host weekly Sirius show

CubanMustGo
04-25-2006, 08:38 AM
http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/14419053.htm

Mavericks owner getting 2-hour show on Sirius Satellite Radio
By SCOTT SOSHNICK
Bloomberg News Service

Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban is getting his own two-hour weekly show on Sirius Satellite Radio, adding an outspoken personality to a stable of hosts that includes shock jock Howard Stern.

“Howard Stern won’t have anything on me,” :rolleyes Cuban wrote in an e-mail. “I’m going to cover everything and anything, from sports to business to technology, movies and entertainment. I’m going to take full advantage of the no-holds barred opportunity that Sirius is offering me.”

Cuban, 47, who has been fined more than $1 million for criticizing National Basketball Association referees and who drew the ire of Commissioner David Stern for saying the Kobe Bryant rape case would bolster the league’s popularity, will host his weekly talk show beginning this summer.

Mark Cuban’s Radio Maverick will air on Sirius - the official satellite radio partner of the NBA - Sundays from 11 to 1 p.m. CDT.

“Mark Cuban is candid, animated and incredibly accomplished, having achieved extraordinary success at a young age in the worlds of business and sports,” Scott Greenstein, president of entertainment and sports for New York-based Sirius, said in a statement.

Cuban co-founded the Broadcast.com multimedia Web service and sold it to Yahoo! for $4.7 billion in 1999. Later that year, he bought the Mavericks. In 2001, Cuban co-founded HDNet, an all high-definition TV network. He’s also the owner of 2929 Productions, which makes movies with $10 million to $40 million budgets.

11AM-1PM CDT (10-noon EDT) Sundays? That's some prime radio real estate :lol

Sec24Row7
04-25-2006, 11:22 AM
Good.

He is about to have a lot more free time.

yeahone
04-25-2006, 04:50 PM
haha

Obstructed_View
04-26-2006, 02:53 AM
vBookie on how many minutes until he uses it as a forum to complain about the officiating...

LEONARD
04-26-2006, 09:15 AM
I can't remember the last time he complained about officiating publicly???

Obstructed_View
04-26-2006, 01:23 PM
I can't remember the last time he complained about officiating publicly???
Is that a question? You put three question marks at the end of it, but it seems to be a declaration. However you bring up an interesting truth: Mark Cuban hasn't complained about the officiating lately. For a reason, just look at the Mavericks record. Proof that, for all his claims of a desire to make the NBA the best it can be, Mark Cuban doesn't complain about officiating when his team is winning games. By some extraordinary coincidence, his desire to do something about the integrity of the game increases after his team loses.

Just wait a couple of weeks. When the Mavericks lose a game or a series, rest assured he will use any means at his disposal to voice his displeasure of the "system" which is really just bully tactics by a nuveau riche ignorant fan whose words carry weight because he happens to own an NBA team.

davi78239
04-26-2006, 02:21 PM
Hey, is anyone thinking of getting the new sportster replay due out this summer? It looks really cool and is about the size of the xm audiovox xpress. Finally, Sirius comes out with a smaller cradle unit.