PDA

View Full Version : The upper deck...

T-Pain
04-25-2006, 10:31 AM
ive had a bad experience once already in the upper level of the ATT Center - screaming kids, drunk parents (and adults), overhearing conversations not relevent to the game, basically just obnoxious people. Comparing to the lower level when i sat in sec. 112, the people around me were actually more relaxed. Will the upper level be different in a playoff game? im goin to the game tonight with my dad (courtesy of TPark) and I dont want to watch the game with my dad with screaming and fighting kids and drunk people around us. so i thought id ask yall.

Trainwreck2100
04-25-2006, 10:32 AM
ive had a bad experience once already in the upper level of the ATT Center - screaming kids, drunk parents (and adults), overhearing conversations not relevent to the game, basically just obnoxious people. Comparing to the lower level when i sat in sec. 112, the people around me were actually more relaxed. Will the upper level be different in a playoff game? im goin to the game tonight with my dad (courtesy of TPark) and I dont want to watch the game with my dad with screaming and fighting kids and drunk people around us. so i thought id ask yall.

No, Viva La Rasa homes

midgetonadonkey
04-25-2006, 10:34 AM
I only sit in the upper deck because I'm one of the drunken bastards shouting vulgarities and being obnoxious.

Solid D
04-25-2006, 10:37 AM
There is no way to know who will be around you if the seats aren't held by season or package ticket holders. The top 8-10 rows aren't very good for watching games, regardless of who is around you It's always better to get lower if you can get tickets and your budget has room for you to sit there. You are so much more a part of the excitement the lower you get.

cheguevara
04-25-2006, 10:39 AM
God damn just be thankful you can attend a playoff game. I'd take my grandma if I had to just to watch the playoffs.

T-Pain
04-25-2006, 10:42 AM
There is no way to know who will be around you if the seats aren't held by season or package ticket holders. The top 8-10 rows aren't very good for watching games, regardless of who is around you It's always better to get lower if you can get tickets and your budget has room for you to sit there. You are so much more a part of the excitement the lower you get.
yeah, thats true. i think we'll have a good time anyways, cuz when my dad took us to the game, we always sat in the upper deck at the alamodome when Sprite had the $5 "specially marked can" ticket promotions :hat so its nothin different, i just want to have a good experience.

Solid D
04-25-2006, 10:43 AM
:tu

Clandestino
04-25-2006, 10:45 AM
shit, when i sat row 2 once, i was pissed.. all stuffy corporate level holders who didn't cheer and obviously didn't really enjoy being there... midlevel the crowd seemed happy, but not wild or anything.. but fuck.. it is a madhouse up in the upper deck.. it is pretty cool.. you can feel the enthusiasm up there..

2centsworth
04-25-2006, 11:44 AM
When I sit LL I don't care who's around me because I'm getting rowdy. Secondly, I tried the Upper Deck last game and I hated it. I almost fell because the levels are too steep, I could barely see and I suppossedly had very good UD tickets. Next time I'm shelling out the extra $300 for two LL tickets or I'm staying home.

My 2cents.

CubanMustGo
04-25-2006, 12:25 PM
Actually, sounds like your $300.02 :lol

jn77
04-25-2006, 12:28 PM
My wife and I have only sat on the upper level. I perfer to sit there. It is a great view of the court and I can follow the game better, I do understand what you are saying about the people up there though. Just remember that the fans who aren't afraid to let themselves go and have fun are the ones who are sitting around you. The lower level is usually all the coorporate people who don't care about the outcome of the game. The higher you go the more the passion, The real fans sit in the upper level! So you can look at it as a negative experiance or soak up the atmosphere and enjoy the game. The ball really is in your court!

thispego
04-25-2006, 12:38 PM
for real tpain, you twat. deal with it and be thankful for the FREE ticketS you got
is there really anything that could have been said in this thread that would convince you to not go to the game because they were UD?

Jimcs50
04-25-2006, 12:43 PM
The players look like ants from up there, and the seats are so steep, that if you are drunk, you can fall on the people in front of you. Some rather large girl did just that at the Indy game I was at. She was seated 1 row below me, thank god.

:)

Kori Ellis
04-25-2006, 12:44 PM
deal with it and be thankful for the FREE ticketS you got

I agree. There's not really any bad seats in the AT&T Center. And you are in row 9 in the upper deck -- not even close to the top.

thispego
04-25-2006, 12:59 PM
I agree. There's not really any bad seats in the AT&T Center. And you are in row 9 in the upper deck -- not even close to the top.
thats the exact thing I tell everyone about SBC/AT$T that asks, there really isnt a bad seat in the house. maybe 1 or 2 behind a support beam or something(i remember a poster mentioning this, once) but nothing bad

Scobe
04-25-2006, 01:10 PM
If you think the ATT has a steep upper deck you should go to reunion arena in dallas. ATT is a rolling plain compared to that steep bastard. I liked the upper deck. The last time I was there was for the April game with Dallas, and the only thing I didnt like was the woman sitting behind me with the high pitched voice screaming "Dirk, you ugly mother F***er!! Go back to the ZOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" and the drunk guy next to her yelling "Dirk!! I F***ed your wife you bastard!!!" over and over again. Not that I really care what they said, but that damn high pitched voice right in my ear sucked. Thankfully they were drunk enough not to find their way back for the 2nd half.

On another note, if someone GAVE me the tickets then I don't care if I have to sit behind the support beam with 30 twelve year old girls yelling "Bibby's a BITCH!!". Free is Free man.

Dingle Barry
04-25-2006, 01:17 PM
Upper deck is all about being drunk my friend

ShoogarBear
04-25-2006, 01:18 PM
The last time I was there was for the April game with Dallas, and the only thing I didnt like was the woman sitting behind me with the high pitched voice screaming "Dirk, you ugly mother F***er!! Go back to the ZOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" and the drunk guy next to her yelling "Dirk!! I F***ed your wife you bastard!!!" over and over again.

You got some kinda problem with my parents? :flipoff

T-Pain
04-25-2006, 01:20 PM
o im very thankful for the tickets and im not complaining at all. i was just asking if its different up there during the playoffs. sheesh

Scobe
04-25-2006, 01:22 PM
You got some kinda problem with my parents? :flipoff

Your parents? Holy shit - i'm 26 and they were younger than me. I think you need to go off to school now... :lol

Shawn Carter
04-25-2006, 03:30 PM
i sit courtside :hat

UtownSpur
04-25-2006, 04:12 PM
i sat in sec 206 row 11 on saturday and had a great time and view. I sat in the upper deck 3 times last year in the playoffs and never had a problem. Hope you have a great time!

ploto
04-25-2006, 04:16 PM
Just remember that the fans who aren't afraid to let themselves go and have fun are the ones who are sitting around you. The lower level is usually all the coorporate people who don't care about the outcome of the game. The higher you go the more the passion, The real fans sit in the upper level! So you can look at it as a negative experiance or soak up the atmosphere and enjoy the game. The ball really is in your court!
Don't make generalizations about me and I won't about you. :rolleyes

T-Pain
04-25-2006, 04:19 PM
i sat in sec 206 row 11 on saturday and had a great time and view. I sat in the upper deck 3 times last year in the playoffs and never had a problem. Hope you have a great time!
thanks UTown, I will!!!

Drive Like Jehu
04-25-2006, 04:28 PM
ive had a bad experience once already in the upper level of the ATT Center - screaming kids, drunk parents (and adults), overhearing conversations not relevent to the game, basically just obnoxious people.

Am I the only fan who wishes that we could move some of the upper deck fans to the seats behind the visiting team's bench?

ShoogarBear
04-25-2006, 04:31 PM
It's not just the lower deck fans. I remember when the Baseline Bums were loud, and you could hear what they were yelling.

I've heard maybe one good "Rooty-toot-toot" in the last ten years.

SequSpur
04-25-2006, 04:33 PM
I will be at the game and there maybe some F bombs in section 210, so you might want to give those tickets to some interracial kids or something.

RashoFan
04-25-2006, 04:34 PM
For those going to the game tonight, The RashoFan will be making an appearence...I'll meet y'all at half time down by sec 101. I look forward to meeting y'all.

thispego
04-25-2006, 05:12 PM
I will be at the game and there maybe some F bombs in section 210, so you might want to give those tickets to some interracial kids or something.
:lol
hopefully the game wont resort to needing to drop f bombs

ShoogarBear
04-25-2006, 05:14 PM
F bombs will be dropped if the Spurs win big.
F bombs will be dropped if the Spurs lose big.
F bombs will be dropped if it's a close game either way.

Pretty much an all-purpose weapon these days.

Despot
04-25-2006, 05:15 PM
Am I the only fan who wishes that we could move some of the upper deck fans to the seats behind the visiting team's bench?

Doesn't Mark Cuban do something like that?

thispego
04-25-2006, 05:25 PM
Flock