PDA

View Full Version : Hot & Sour incident

Vashner
04-25-2006, 07:13 PM
Tell me if this is wrong or not in your opinion.

Today I went to lunch at a Chinese place and this guy in front of me spills a bunch of hot in sour on his left hand. Then he reaches his hand forward. Points his finger down and let's all the soup drip back into the pot...

Not on the drain part but back into the soup.

Tell him.
1. Hey WTF are you doing?
2. Hey man don't drip that back in the soup (is what I told him)
3. Yum your skin must make it taste better.
4. When and where is the last time you went to the bathroom and please tell me you washed.

So was this guy being a dumbass or am I just to sensitive and should STFU and just eat the soup? (I did eat it).

thispego
04-25-2006, 07:15 PM
oh hell no, i'd be like sir... do you mind if i just step in front of you inline before you contaminate the sesame chicken?

SoCalSpursFan
04-25-2006, 07:15 PM
Hey, if his hand is the ONLY thing foreign in that soup...consider yourself lucky.

bigzak25
04-25-2006, 07:17 PM
you still ate the soup? :lmao

Vashner
04-25-2006, 07:21 PM
Yea 3 bowls of it lol.
:vomit:

RandomGuy
04-25-2006, 10:06 PM
That Dude Was Nasty.

The sone
04-26-2006, 12:16 AM
hey if you were in china the doode wouldnt even be wearing a shirt...just count your blessings.

spurs=bling
04-26-2006, 12:19 AM
now i know why i don't like chinese food

jman3000
04-26-2006, 01:17 AM
thing about that is you have no idea what he was doing before he went to the restaurant :jack ... if he has even taken a shower in the past few days :monkey or maybe he hadn't washed his hands after taking a crap/pee :stirpot: .... way too many things that coulda happened IMO

atxrocker
04-26-2006, 02:04 AM
won-ton soup rules!

slayermin
04-26-2006, 08:46 AM
Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode when George double dipped the chip.

I have a soup story too. Here in Cali, Vons has gourmet soups in heated pots for self serve. It's an inexpensive lunch. But one day I saw a homeless guy spit in the soup and stir it into the pot. I told a Von's employee what I saw. I'm not sure what they did but needless to say, I stopped eating the soup there and pretty much at all buffets that has soup on.

SpursWoman
04-26-2006, 08:53 AM
oh hell no, i'd be like sir... do you mind if i just step in front of you inline before you contaminate the sesame chicken?

:tu :lol

Sunshine
04-26-2006, 09:13 AM
There's a Chinese place I love to eat at (not a buffet), and whenever I order, I always ask for fried wontons instead of an egg roll. Well, they always forget and bring me a plate with an egg roll perched on the edge. So I tell the waitress, and she will pick the egg roll up with her fingers and walk back to the kitchen with it. You KNOW she doesn't throw it away!

At any other restaurant, they'd leave the item on your plate and bring you what you requested. But not here. :oops

Once, at this same place, a girl who was with me found something floating in her egg drop soup and called the waitress over. She came over, examined it and said "it's either a worm or maybe a piece of a noodle." Then said she had to get to owner to come to the table. The owner comes over, looks at it, and says she thinks it just a piece of bamboo and starts to walk away. So my friend calls after her and asks if she's going to bring her a new bowl of soup. She got all huffy and said "It not a bug, it's just a piece of bamboo, you can eat it." :rolleyes

And yeah, I still eat there, it's my favorite place. But I just don't look at my food while I'm eating it :lol

CosmicCowboy
04-26-2006, 09:15 AM
When you eat at chinese buffets you just have to assume that all the food had been grossed on by someone.

Sunshine
04-26-2006, 09:36 AM
When you eat at chinese buffets you just have to assume that all the food had been grossed on by someone.

Which is precisely why I won't eat at a Chinese buffet. Not that what goes on in the kitchen is any better, but there's just something about a Chinese buffet that just says "NO" to me.

I'm not too keen on other types of buffets either. I've actually seen people scrape food from their plate BACK into a pot in the buffet.

CosmicCowboy
04-26-2006, 09:55 AM
I've seen couples browsing down the line and one ask "what is that?" and the other one dipped the ladle in and took a bite and said "I think it's pork" and then put the ladle back in the pot...

TDMVPDPOY
04-26-2006, 06:02 PM
tangy in between

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-26-2006, 06:40 PM
Which is precisely why I won't eat at a Chinese buffet. Not that what goes on in the kitchen is any better, but there's just something about a Chinese buffet that just says "NO" to me.

I'm not too keen on other types of buffets either. I've actually seen people scrape food from their plate BACK into a pot in the buffet.

Do a little experiment. . .pour a sugar packet into the corner of one of the bins of food that looks like is not the most popular menu item. Go back the next day and see if your sugar is still in the corner of that tray of food.

I've done it, and lo and behold that same tray of food was set out again the next day. Fast food places are required to throw away burgers that are over 30 minutes old (or at least put them in the chili), these chinese buffets probably never throw anything out.

It's friggin' disgusting. If you eat at them I pity your stomach. I have a friend who lives for them, even after I showed him the results of my experiment. :lol

kris
04-26-2006, 07:00 PM
I've pretty much given up on Chinese food outside of nice places like PF Changs and others. The nice places may do it too, but the probability that the 4.95 lunch special is loaded with rat and dog is too high for me.

ShoogarBear
04-26-2006, 07:00 PM
You guy are just trying to keep me from going back to the Golden Phoenix. Won't work. :nope