PDA

View Full Version : KMart suspended indefinitely

DDS4
04-26-2006, 12:23 AM
had a spat with Georgie. Nuggs are done.

yeahone
04-26-2006, 12:26 AM
they did not havea chance in the first place and martin was not a contributor

missmyzte
04-26-2006, 12:50 AM
Nuggets suspend Martin indefinitely
ARNIE STAPLETON
Associated Press

DENVER - Kenyon Martin was unhappy about his limited playing time in Denver's playoff series against the Los Angeles Clippers. Now he won't be suiting up for the Nuggets at all.

The Nuggets suspended their forward indefinitely on Tuesday night for what they called detrimental conduct.

"This is an internal matter that we will deal with in-house," coach George Karl said in a statement.

Martin, who has been bothered by knee tendinitis all season, was dejected over his limited playing time in Game 2 Monday night, when he played sparingly in the first half and sat out the second half of Denver's 98-87 loss to the Clippers.

Martin didn't arrive on the Nuggets bench until several minutes into the third quarter and then sat with a towel over his head. He left the arena without comment, but teammate Ruben Patterson suggested Martin felt he could have played and was frustrated that he had been held out.

Hours before suspending him, Karl seemed miffed that Martin was upset over his benching.

"I will talk to him and see what's happening," Karl said Tuesday afternoon. "He told me and the staff at halftime that he couldn't go. Now, there's stuff filtering out that there's frustration there. We'll see."

Martin apparently banged his bothersome left knee in the first half while going against Elton Brand.

"He's got a heck of a matchup," Karl said. "The guy is a very physical player. I don't think people understand how big that man is. He's 260, maybe 270 pounds. I'm sure he not only hit Martin's knee, but probably hit a lot of other parts of the body."

Besides, "it's been a year of frustration for everybody," said Karl, who watched forward Nene go down for the season with a knee injury in the opener, then had to juggle his lineup all season with injuries to Martin and center Marcus Camby.

"We've always worked through it. We've always picked ourselves up," Karl said. "I trust this team is going to do the same thing on Thursday."

Before deciding to suspend Martin, Karl was asked why he wasn't giving him more minutes.

"Well, it is hard for me to visualize him actually playing 20 minutes of basketball again because he doesn't participate in practice very often. He just wants to play in the games," Karl said. "That philosophically doesn't make any sense to me. I think he has a big-time heart. I think he is a big-time competitor and he did a heck of a job in the second half against Brand for Game 1.

"Right now I evaluate all my players. I think Carmelo is going to go a lot of minutes, Andre (Miller) is going to get a lot of minutes, Marcus is going to get a lot of minutes. After that I have no idea who is going to get the minutes. It's the guy who earns the minutes and who plays the way we want him to play."

Game 3 of the best-of-seven series is Thursday night at the Pepsi Center.

The Nuggets are accustomed to playing without Martin, who has been bothered all season by his surgically repaired left knee and began regularly sitting out games over the last month in hopes he'd be better for the playoffs, where he has traditionally stepped up his game.

He had six points and two boards in the Nuggets' 111-109 loss in Game 1, and was scoreless with one rebound in just under seven minutes in Denver's loss in Game 2.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/basketball/nba/golden_state_warriors/14428807.htm

Bloodline666
04-26-2006, 01:22 AM
I thought the reason he was benched the whole second half was a bad knee. Apparently, what happened behind the scenes didn't leak out until just a few hours ago...yep, the Nuggets had better pray that the altitude works to their advantage these next two games, or they are finished.

Third player suspended during the playoffs already, and there hasn't been a Game 3 in any series yet.

Sec24Row7
04-26-2006, 01:50 AM
George Karl vs K-Mart:

When Huge egos and small brains collide.

Bloodline666
04-26-2006, 01:55 AM
George Karl vs K-Mart:

When Huge egos and small brains collide.
Coach/player clashes are nothing new in the NBA. Larry Brown vs. AI and Stephon Marbury, anybody?

atxrocker
04-26-2006, 02:02 AM
wow, martin has been very quiete this year. the nugz are done. he needs to be moved.

mavsfan1000
04-26-2006, 02:34 AM
Kenyon Martin is an idiot. What a selfish bastard. Yeah he definitely should be moved but who would want him? The nets?

ChumpDumper
04-26-2006, 04:21 AM
Rod Thorn is a fucking genius.

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-26-2006, 04:28 AM
i bet he is gone for marbury in the offseason or Jalen Rose or francis.......

nuggets will do anything to get rid of him now and only the knicks would take him on

baseline bum
04-26-2006, 04:32 AM
What a moron. I'd S&T him for Gooden before I'd ever trade big for small (especially when small is Marbury, Francis, or Rose).

Bruno
04-26-2006, 05:32 AM
Kenyon Martin is an idiot. What a selfish bastard. Yeah he definitely should be moved but who would want him? The nets?

Overpaid ...
Injury prone ...
Bad attitude ...

I want this guy on my team
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2004/writers/marty_burns/08/06/knicks/p1_thomas_getty.jpg

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-26-2006, 05:37 AM
What a moron. I'd S&T him for Gooden before I'd ever trade big for small (especially when small is Marbury, Francis, or Rose).

cavs wouldnt want him

they dont need an injury prone big man who has attitude issues

jochhejaam
04-26-2006, 06:39 AM
Quote = George Karl: I think he has a big-time heart. I think he is a big-time competitor...

And a big time baby. Way to support the rest of your team and the fans K-Mart.

ObiwanGinobili
04-26-2006, 07:52 AM
Wait, this guys is 1/2 way injured all season, gets his injury banged again in the 1st half and wants to bitch aboput not playing the 2nd half??? :wtf
Where are his concerns about staying healthy?? Whre are his concerns about playing the rest of the playoffs not just ONE game??? Whrere are his concerns for the viability of his career if he picks up a persistant non-healing injury???

Point #1 - KMart is a fucking moron.

He's lucky he was on the playoff roster at all with that attitude. Who the hell does he think he is hardly ever showing up for practice?? KMart is far far far form being god's gift to basketball. Does this guy have any idea what kind of hell he would be in if he pulled that shit while playing for Coach Pop?

Point #2 - KMart is a egotistic fucking moron.

ducks
04-26-2006, 08:43 AM
elson is good
the nuggets record without martin is aweoms
elson has not done much in playoffs
it is too bad this happened because he was going to get traded anyhow

bdubya
04-26-2006, 12:43 PM
Just read this in the Denver Post, and it SHOCKED me:

"In the wake of Martin's actions, two prominent Nuggets players, who agreed to talk on the condition of anonymity, said they had lost faith in the power forward as a teammate."

Unbelievable. Only TWO?

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_3751293

Trainwreck2100
04-26-2006, 12:53 PM
And the WC SIXTH seed is easily the best seed to have, this playoffs, good fucking job you idiot Stern.

baseline bum
04-26-2006, 02:12 PM
Look at the positive side, Nuggets-Fan... at least you won't have to deal with his 3-for-23 performances in elimination games.

boutons_
04-26-2006, 02:24 PM
IIRC from one TV comment recently, the Nuggs were like 28 - 6 without KMart this season. :lol

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-26-2006, 04:22 PM
yeh its no major loss

its not worth messing up the morale and chemistry of the team

game 3 is a must win and its better to have this stuff sorted out now b4 the game.......

mike detroit
04-26-2006, 07:46 PM
are his tattoos ok?

Vinnie_Johnson
04-26-2006, 07:53 PM
K- Mart = Cancer

exstatic
04-26-2006, 09:42 PM
KMart has a horrible attitude, a horrible knee and a horrible contract. He'll be almost impossible to move. MOST in the league knew he had health issues, yet Denver breaks the fucking bank for him.