PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal?

jman3000
04-26-2006, 01:26 AM
Is it normal for someone to view almost an entire game chat on an opposing teams forum just to see how heartbroken they got when Barry hit that 3? I just found myself spending a good 45 minutes going through the entire 4th quarter and OT of the Kings game chat.... is that bad? :angel

I know that the game log on this site was probably just as bad... but to see someone go from the peak of cloud 9 to the feeling like crud is rather enjoyable(only when it doesn't envolve you or your favorite team)

spurs=bling
04-26-2006, 01:30 AM
yes it is. you are okay nothing is wrong with you.

Trainwreck2100
I

I know that the game log on this site was probably just as bad... but to see someone go from the peak of cloud 9 to the feeling like crud is rather enjoyable(only when it doesn't envolve you or your favorite team)

I saw that in person, cause there were these kings fans in the luxury box below where I was sitting, just seeing their reactions was awesome

T-Pain
i dont think its bad. in fact i probably wouldve switched between windows, one here and one there

SilverPlayer
04-26-2006, 01:31 AM
It's pretty cold of you to do it. I remember being on the other side of it with Utah and Houston so many times that I feel for the Kings. They played with heart and this is as big a heart breaker as you can be served in the playoffs.

But it was a good win, and it's something the spurs can build upon and draw upon later against bigger foes.

Spurologist
04-26-2006, 01:31 AM
Hence the word trolls :troll

Darrin
04-26-2006, 01:32 AM
Why would you ask such a ridiculous question?

jman3000
04-26-2006, 01:36 AM
Why would you ask such a ridiculous question?

Why is it a ridiculous question? It's not like I'm really asking if something is wrong with me... I'm just asking if other people do this from time to time. Plus, it's nice to know I'm not the only sadist around here :drunk (not really, but you get the point)

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-26-2006, 01:36 AM
There's nothing wrong with that. It's really funny to see the natural "WOO! :blah to " ...." :depressed utter silence in a matter of seconds. . But, I remember being on the other side when Tim Made that impossible shot in 04'....Imagine the gameblogs on that game was much worse for the Kings...I pretty much fear Karma now, so I don't think I could do that anymore and relish the pendulum shifts fanboys undergo.

Sucks for the Kings' side, but the players already rebounding saying "They did what they're supposed to do, win Homecourt. on the 2-0 hole"

Solid D
04-26-2006, 01:42 AM
Do you stop and stare at car crash sites, too?

Darrin
04-26-2006, 01:45 AM
Sucks for the Kings' side, but the players already rebounding saying "They did what they're supposed to do, win Homecourt. on the 2-0 hole"

I hate that line. Hey geniuses - they are supposed to win the series, too. In a series where they are as heavy an underdog as they are, playing as well as they did...I think the Spurs may find their next run an little easier to put down. It would have to take a very strong-willed team to come back from losing a game like that and win this series, or even believe they can win a game.

Kobe_514
04-26-2006, 01:48 AM
http://www.kingsfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12116&page=56

HAHA read from page 56-60 HAHAH it's hilarious! :spin

jman3000
04-26-2006, 01:51 AM
It would have to take a very strong-willed team to come back from losing a game like that and win this series, or even believe they can win a game.

Makes me think of the Portland Trailblazers, circa '99. Losing a game in which you should have won, takes a lot out of you. They have 2 options: To bounce back, make adjustments and come out with the same passion they did today..... or crumple and get the plane tickets ready for Cabo like the aforementioned Blazers.

Darrin
04-26-2006, 02:14 AM
There's nothing wrong with that. It's really funny to see the natural "WOO! :blah to " ...." :depressed utter silence in a matter of seconds. . But, I remember being on the other side when Tim Made that impossible shot in 04'....Imagine the gameblogs on that game was much worse for the Kings...I pretty much fear Karma now, so I don't think I could do that anymore and relish the pendulum shifts fanboys undergo.

I remember all the talk about how Tim Duncan was choking down the stretch. I remember the bad shot by Chauncey that I was sure was going in (It's Mr. Big Shot). I wasn't worried. It was the Pistons at home, just one more defensive stop and they have a 3-2 series lead.

The ball leaves Manu's hands...I just see a black jersey with number 5 on it. Before the ball hits Horry's hands I thought OH, SHIT NOT AGAIN! NO! By the time he was squaring for the shot I verbally let out a "FUCK NO!" infront of 8 people and a 60" LCD HD screen as I jumped off my seat on the couch, and as the shot went down, I pounded my fists against my forehead.

It's funny how much information can go through one's brain in fractions of seconds, and how many simultaneous thoughts can go through ones' mind. When Horry hit the three against the Kings in 2002, I heard Marv go "Horry for the win...Yes!" and I got up, turned off the TV, and saw none of the celebration, the interviews, or the postgame. I just muttered to myself "The damn Lakers are going to win another Championship." That flashed in my mind as Horry leaned with his follow-through arm dangling in the air at the Palace. My second thought was "that bastard Sean Elliott" I know, I know; he's beloved around here. But I saw the FOX50 sports crew 10 years earlier telling me that the Elliott trade for Robert Horry and Matt Bullard has been recinded. "He should be doing that for us," I thought.

But I had just adopted the Kings because the Pistons had been eliminated, this time it was my team. I had said "The Pistons need to win all three games at home (which I was confident they could do since they swept games 3-5 in each of their last two Finals appearances) in order to have a chance in the series. They can win one in San Antonio, but they won't get both of them and the longer the series goes on, the worse their chance to get this thing will be."

In Game 4 vs. the Lakers, I knew the Pistons had won the title. Shaq went for 36 and 20 and Chauncey and Rip hadn't played exceptionally well. The game was tied entering the fourth, and they won by 8. It was then and there I stopped worried about awaking the beast. Shaq was awake, and the Pistons had a 3-1 lead.

In Game 5 vs. the Spurs, I knew the Spurs had won the title. They had used all that 3-2 comeback magic on the Miami Heat. This team was nowhere near as inexperienced as the Heat, and they wouldn't collapse down the stretch of games. Barring an injury, I was going to watch the Spurs hoist the 2004-05 Championship trophy, probably with Manu Ginobili or Tim Duncan as MVP. I didn't sleep that night. It was an hour drive back from downtown Detroit to my apartment in Pontiac, MI. I didn't say a word during the whole trek. "Fuck NO!" was the last thing I said, with exception to goodbyes, until about 12PM the next day. I was awake all those hours.

All my fears, all my bitching earlier in the season about not having homecourt, not being able to take the easy path to the NBA Finals because they didn't have the number one seed...all of that was realized. And I was devastated.

So there's my experience on June 19, 2005. I hope you all you trolls got a kick out of it. :)

T-Pain
04-26-2006, 02:57 AM

hahaha!
Guard Horry
Guard Horry
Guard Horry
Guard Horry
Guard Horry
Guard Horry
Guard Horry
Guard Horry
Guard Horry
Guard Horry
Guard Horry
Guard Horry
Guard Horry

theyre all too familiar with Horry!

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-26-2006, 03:02 AM
Remember that scene in The Simpsons where Bart is playing back the tape from the Krusty Anniversary Show after Lisa went off on Ralph Wiggum?

Bart: "Watch this, Lis, you can actually pinpoint the second when his heart rips in half."

Yeah, that's Kings fan right now.

Chris
04-26-2006, 03:05 AM
I enjoy reading opposing team's forums and game blogs when we win.

sghspurs
04-26-2006, 03:43 AM
man i feel for them. they're passionate and it kind of reminds me of the times before the spurs started winning titles. We spurs fans have seen our fair share of these kinds of losses in the past.

Obstructed_View
04-26-2006, 04:00 AM
Remember that scene in The Simpsons where Bart is playing back the tape from the Krusty Anniversary Show after Lisa went off on Ralph Wiggum?

Bart: "Watch this, Lis, you can actually pinpoint the second when his heart rips in half."

Yeah, that's Kings fan right now.
As much as it pains me to post this. My grandfather and George Maloof were good friends...

https://home.comcast.net/~scottjhepple/Pictures/gavin2.jpg

T Park
04-26-2006, 04:19 AM
thats the worst call i have ever seen... I hate Genobli... worst flop ever!!!!!

:lol

typical asshat kings fan.

Ball Game Im Gonna Be Sick..SCREW U BRENT BARRY

Finley, Van Exel, Barry, all coat tail riding peices of @#$%^#$&&...

Spurs = Yankees

way to blow our chance bibby

:lol what an asshat this clown is.

well of course mike couldn't guard barry, duncan tripped him

ahhh thats why.....

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-26-2006, 10:17 AM
Bra-fucking-vo!

https://home.comcast.net/~scottjhepple/Pictures/gavin2.jpg

angel_luv
04-26-2006, 10:36 AM

It was fun seeing the sequence through the Kings fans watery eyes.

Hahaha :owned

Silver was telling me that there were two suites of Kings fans in the house last night.

You know our defense towels that we handed out? They were using those as a door mat- stepping on it whenever they entered or left the suite.

:loser

nkdlunch
04-26-2006, 10:51 AM
U should be ashamed of yourself. you probably watch Smut films also

CosmicCowboy
04-26-2006, 11:17 AM
my favorite was...

"god hates Kings"

:lmao

CosmicCowboy
04-26-2006, 11:19 AM
this was pretty good too...

"implosion time.....

i think i'm going to vomit"

:lmao

angel_luv
04-26-2006, 11:50 AM
Excuse me will i go look for the tallest building around here to jump off.

I guess every team has them.

I would love to make Brent Barry's face alittle more crooked right now...
brb, im gonna go throw

This isn't the worst thing that has happened to us.

Well call it a series. They made an attempt tonight, but if they can't do it with the effort they made tonight, it can't be done...

angel_luv
04-26-2006, 12:01 PM
One of them said Brent had just become the 8th Spur he/ she doesn't like. I wonder who the other seven are? :lol

I know they are the Kings enemy but as far as sites and posters go, their seem aiight.
Of course, we own everybody! :)

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-26-2006, 12:06 PM
One of them said Brent had just become the 8th Spur he/ she doesn't like. I wonder who the other seven are? :lol

I know they are the Kings enemy but as far as sites and posters go, their seem aiight.
Of course, we own everybody! :)

We were discussing this in the "Where does Barry's shot rank..." thread.

Robert Horry
Nick Van Exel
Michael Finley
Tim Duncan
Tony Parker
Manu Ginobili
Sean Marks :lol

angel_luv
04-26-2006, 12:17 PM
We were discussing this in the "Where does Barry's shot rank..." thread.

Robert Horry
Nick Van Exel
Michael Finley
Tim Duncan
Tony Parker
Manu Ginobili
Sean Marks :lol

I think you meant Sho not Sean. :)

Ithink even Rasho had a big game against them one time (I think his career high 9 blocks came against the Kings)... they'll remember,

They remember cause they fear the Sho! :fro

jman3000
04-26-2006, 12:19 PM
Another thing I found interesting is that before the series started there seemed to be so much goodwill towards the 2 team's fan's. That quickly deteriorated into each side calling the other sides players dirty/bla bla/ whatever. I just find it funny because as soon as Ron leaves Sacramento via free agency (almost no doubt he will, I mean how is he going to become a platinum artist there?) they are going to be blaming most of this on him anyway. See other big name stars who have left their city: Shaq/Peja/Gary Payton/Finley/Nash etc. All of them are basically turned into scape goats for their teams problems.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-29-2006, 01:41 AM
THE OP of this thread Needs to rePENT. YOU BROUGHT US BAD KARMA MAN...

I can't believe you teased the basketball gods by relishing in the Kings Fans misery Tuesday Night. Now Our GAME 3 BLOG is hilarity to the Kings fans. From Finley's Three, To Manu's Choke. To the Bitching about Referees. It went from "YEAHHH... " to "WtF!?!" The Responses cut any Spurs fan up. Thanks a lot.