PDA

View Full Version : What has Bruce Bowen been teaching NVE?!

Bloodline666
04-26-2006, 01:35 AM
First, Bruce does his pre-game ritual of throwing towels at Sean Elliott, and now, Nick Van Exel throws not one, but TWO towels at special guest TNT sideline reporter Jalen Rose; while he's giving his sideline report.

Even the Chuckster was joking about it, and got towels thrown at him during Halftime. :lol

Seriously...what has Bruce Bowen been teaching Nick Van Exel?

Borosai
04-26-2006, 02:34 AM
That was freaking hilarious!!! They cut away from Rose when that happened, but when they showed the full video...WOW...that's some funny shit right there. And those were Nick's best shots of the night...imagine if he bricked those too.

SenorSpur
04-26-2006, 02:36 AM
He was more accurate throwing those towels that he was shooting his jumper tonight.

timvp
04-26-2006, 02:36 AM
I thought this thread was going to be about how Nick Van Exel was picking up Bibby full court. I haven't seen Van Exel try that hard on defense .... ever.

:smokin

cs100
04-26-2006, 05:22 AM
That was hilarious. :lmao TNT has a larger audience so they may not be familiar with Bruce's antics. Give Rose credit, it didn't change his monotone reporting. :lol

TDMVPDPOY
04-26-2006, 06:07 AM
to those that watch, what you think of jalen rose commentary?

Tigole Bitties
04-26-2006, 11:21 AM

Stephen Hawking's speaker has more personality.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
04-26-2006, 11:24 AM

The real question is, What's worse? Listening to Jalen Rose or Looking at one of Craig Sager's suits

Jimcs50
04-26-2006, 12:48 PM
Nick is much better at shooting towels than bballs...unfortunately.

The guy needs to be put out to pasture.

Borosai
04-26-2006, 04:31 PM
Jalen Rose needs to find something else to do. Although I will give him credit for not acting nervous as all hell and fumbling his words, as well as not losing it when Nick tossed him towel style, but he just doesn't have the personality to be on tv like that.

SpursWoman
04-26-2006, 04:32 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about how Nick Van Exel was picking up Bibby full court. I haven't seen Van Exel try that hard on defense .... ever.

:smokin

Me, too. :spin

rayray2k8
04-26-2006, 04:46 PM
He was more accurate throwing those towels that he was shooting his jumper tonight.
You know, I was thinking the exact same thing last night when I saw the repeat. :lol :rolleyes

jman3000
04-26-2006, 04:50 PM
I'm not saying he's great or anything, but he has a lot more experience doing this than a lot of yall think. He does this type of stuff quite often for BDSSP.

SenorSpur
04-26-2006, 05:06 PM
I'm not saying he's great or anything, but he has a lot more experience doing this than a lot of yall think. He does this type of stuff quite often for BDSSP.

Yeah, he was the BDSSP roving reporter during the NBA finals last year.

If he keeps playing for the Knicks, that will guarantee he'll always be available to de sideline duty during the playoffs.

phyzik
04-26-2006, 05:10 PM
ya, Even Popavich was laughing pretty good when that second towel hit.

TDMVPDPOY
04-26-2006, 05:21 PM
NVE still has a long way to go b4 gettin a blackbelt in the school of bruce lee bowen.

Obstructed_View
04-26-2006, 06:37 PM
That makes it downright inexcusable. He's worse than Eric Dickerson, and that's saying something. I could have set up a Mac with a text to speech program running that would do a better job. The only person more incompetent than Rose is someone that would hire him.

Obstructed_View
04-26-2006, 06:39 PM
ya, Even Popavich was laughing pretty good when that second towel hit.
I don't know about the regular feed, but on the HD feed you can see Nick's face as he throws the towels. He absolutely never cracked a smile. We were howling.

By the way, I bagged on Jalen for the job he did, but the fact that he kept going despite getting hit with towels and was good natured about it was awesome.

ashbeeigh
04-26-2006, 07:01 PM
I'm so glad y'all talked about this, and I know I'm way late...but I had no idea who it was and I was at home by myself watching the game....dying laughing. So. Ahahahaha. K. done.

exstatic
04-26-2006, 08:38 PM
NVE will win a ROAD playoff game that we need this year. Book it. He is a streak shooter, meaning he never shoots his FG%. He'll shoot 65% or 25% and not fucking much in between. One of those 65% games is going to waste Dallas or Detroit...

blaze89
04-26-2006, 09:01 PM
We need a video of the towel. I saw it and was laughing. Then laughed harder at the entire footage.

SequSpur
04-26-2006, 10:33 PM
That shit was hilarious.