PDA

View Full Version : last 2 minutes of regulation

charmie21
04-26-2006, 02:03 AM
What were you doing during the last 2 minutes of regulation?

Me, I was doing a lot of screaming.. as in i was really nervous.. plus they were taking a lot of time outs so every second of waiting was really an agony for me.. but then when Brent hit his amazing shot, I knew right there and then, there's no way we could lose that game! I was really happy that I can't help but burst into tears..! What a perfect birthday gift for Timmy..! Oh, I just love the Spurs..! :flag:

Thank you everyone, for delivering another big win! :elephant

Thank you for holding on to the game Timmy! :clap

Thank you for the great game Manu! :king

Thank you for the spark you provided Tony! :spin

:worthy: And most of all, thank you for the game saving shot Brent!

Despot
04-26-2006, 02:05 AM
I was thinking that there was no way that they were going to win by more than 11 points.

toosmallshoes
04-26-2006, 02:14 AM
Did anyone forget that Nazr is the reason this game was so close because he shot that three at the end of the last game, and that Brent Barry sucks and we should trade him for a WNBA player? I have just this to say to you... :nutkick:

missmyzte
04-26-2006, 02:17 AM
I paused my TV (have a DVR), walked around screaming and freaking out, then came back to the TV and played it in fast-forward until it caught up, then paused it again, etc.

I was so freaked out I couldn't just sit and watch, I had to walk away and then fast-forward watch it.

T-Pain
04-26-2006, 02:27 AM
Did anyone forget that Nazr is the reason this game was so close because he shot that three at the end of the last game, and that Brent Barry sucks and we should trade him for a WNBA player? I have just this to say to you... :nutkick:
i started to think the spurs would fall apart and lose. But I agree Nazr was a key player down the stretch. I really think the Spurs should re-sign him otherwise i would be very upset

mavsfan1000
04-26-2006, 02:59 AM
I was figuring out how the kings would choke this game. I shouldn't have got emotionally involved in this game to the point that it felt like the mavs lost.

DieMrBond
04-26-2006, 03:10 AM
In a meeting with the boss, wishing it would finish to see if the spurs could pull out a win. Talk about bad timing, down by 3, with 17 seconds to go and get called into a meeting!!

WORST. TIMING. EVER.

ChumpDumper
04-26-2006, 03:16 AM
When I say Barry's shot, I thought I had accidentally switched over to a rerun of Hoosiers on AMC.

carina_gino20
04-26-2006, 03:20 AM
i was scanning my Math notes. during the game, i wasn't studying when i was supposed to and the spurs were down.

so i played the responsible student, then gave up after 10 seconds..:lol

then i just stared at the live update which took forever to load and i see the Barry three....:spin

GoSpurs21
04-26-2006, 03:22 AM
I was hoping to god that nve wasnt going to get the ball and shoot it

flipcritic
04-26-2006, 03:29 AM
Slamming every soft object in sight. Neighbors (I live in an apartment) surely must have been pissed. Thought Barry missed that last three...

And was absolutely stunned when it went through.

Chris
04-26-2006, 03:33 AM
I was at work listening to the radio. Shouting loud enough to shatter windows.

caŽlo
04-26-2006, 05:57 AM
the last 2 minutes was basically the longest two minutes i ever held food a spoon with my food without eating it.

GrandeDavid
04-26-2006, 06:14 AM
I was following the game via ESPN Gamecast wondering how the hell the Spurs could be on the verge of such an embarrassment...only to have my worries abated by Brent Barry at the end of regulation and by Manu in overtime.

TDMVPDPOY
04-26-2006, 06:19 AM
was puttin pins in voodoo queen dolls hahahaa

birdy219
04-26-2006, 07:03 AM
I was pacing the floor and talking to the TV, then my husband came in saying, "They can't hear you!". (He thinks I'm crazy when it comes to the Spurs.) :spless: So, I had to check him. :frying: When he left, I started praying. :angel Then, Barry hit the three and I was :elephant :spin :clap :D :cheer . I could barely sleep last night so now I'm :wakeup and :sleep . I love our Spurs. :flag:

Extra Stout
04-26-2006, 08:06 AM
I was relatively calm. The Spurs frequently split the first two games of their first-round series, but win anyway, so it wasn't like I was fearing an upset. Besides, several Kings played exceptionally well, far above and beyond their usual output.

When Barry hit that 3, I pitied the Kings, remembering from the distant past how that felt, when the superior team always made the plays to win it, even when the Spurs outplayed them on a given night.

angel_luv
04-26-2006, 08:12 AM
Praying, pacing, yelling at the refs, and cheering.

I don't think I did a lot of breathing, come to think of it. :)

dmac
04-26-2006, 10:15 AM
I paused my TV (have a DVR), walked around screaming and freaking out, then came back to the TV and played it in fast-forward until it caught up, then paused it again, etc.

I was so freaked out I couldn't just sit and watch, I had to walk away and then fast-forward watch it.
I did the same thing. Pause, pace, deep breaths, play. It was the same way last June in game 7. Pause, pace, deep breaths, play. It all works out!