PDA

View Full Version : Barry's desperation heave at the end of regulation

grjr
04-26-2006, 02:42 AM
I don't think anyone has mentioned this so I thought I'd throw it out there for those that have the game on tape.

At the end of regulation when Barry heaved the 3/4 court shot with time running out he actually got it off before the red light came on. HOWEVER, if you watch the clock on the backboard it counts down to .1 and STAYS THERE FOR ABOUT A SECOND before finally reaching zero and allowing the red light to light up.

If Brent would have made that shot somehow, it would have spawned discussion for quite a while. :spin ,

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-26-2006, 02:45 AM
IIRC, I thought I saw Bavetta wave the shot off immediately, even during Barry's throwing motion.

kris
04-26-2006, 02:52 AM
If the refs were paying attention, I think he got excited and traveled before he even shot the ball ala David Robinson traveling out the clock in Game 2 99 Western Conference Finals AKA Memorial Day Miracle.

Darrin
04-26-2006, 02:54 AM
I don't think anyone has mentioned this so I thought I'd throw it out there for those that have the game on tape.

At the end of regulation when Barry heaved the 3/4 court shot with time running out he actually got it off before the red light came on. HOWEVER, if you watch the clock on the backboard it counts down to .1 and STAYS THERE FOR ABOUT A SECOND before finally reaching zero and allowing the red light to light up.

If Brent would have made that shot somehow, it would have spawned discussion for quite a while. :spin ,

I noticed that and immediately thought that was some serious home cooking. But the referees waived off the shot even before Barry raised.