PDA

View Full Version : What are the Parker homers gonna do when Pop lets him go?

IceColdBrewski
10-05-2004, 10:12 PM
Hope they don't do anything drastic.

Regardless, Pop will soon confirm what I've been saying for years now. That Parker can't get it done in the clutch and is easily replaceable. He'll confirm it by letting him walk.

Parker better do something spectacular this year. Otherwise he'll be takin his act somewhere else. The Spurs did the smart thing by giving the big bucks to their true second best. Manu.

I can't beilieve there are still Spurs fans out there who would pay Parker "whatever it takes" to keep him around. I guess they like watching him disappear in the playoffs every season.

ducks
10-05-2004, 10:20 PM
he will not let him walk

I want you to put your money where your mouth is
I have $100 saying he will resign with the spurs

SequSpur
10-05-2004, 10:24 PM
Parker is one of the best first 3 quarter point guards in the NBA. We just need a solid backup for the last quarter.

I have been saying this for years.... Here is the list from the last 2.....

Beno... lol
Anthony Carter
Shane Heal
Garcia
I can't remember the rest that is how bad they are, they can't even get their names recognized....

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-05-2004, 10:46 PM
If Tony walks Pop will be strung up at the Alamo the day after.

Solid D
10-05-2004, 10:50 PM
:oops

IceColdBrewski
10-05-2004, 10:50 PM
If Tony walks Pop will be strung up at the Alamo the day after.

Depends on how Beno looks this year. If he bails out Parker as good as Speedy and Kerr did, He'll prdobable tell Parker to go piss up a rope.

Kori Ellis
10-05-2004, 10:58 PM
I don't know why everyone is sure that Parker is a Spur for life. IceColdBrewski isn't stating an unreasonable viewpoint (I'm not saying I agree with him).

Nobody is a lock to return to the roster from year-to-year. The only person who is a lock is Tim Duncan.

If Parker and the Spurs can't find a contract amount they agree on, then I'm sure that he will explore free agency next summer. And I'm not so sure that the Spurs will match ANY offer. They have repeatedly said they have a number in mind for him; they aren't going to pay more than that.

That all being said, I think it would be a very stupid move to not get a deal done now.

Kori Ellis
10-05-2004, 11:00 PM
Depends on how Beno looks this year. If he bails out Parker as good as Speedy and Kerr did, He'll prdobable tell Parker to go piss up a rope.

I don't think Beno, Speedy or Kerr could fill Tony's shoes on a full-time basis. If the Spurs end up without Parker, they'll go get another point guard -- I don't think Beno is the man.

crellis
10-05-2004, 11:06 PM
what IceColdBrewski needs to remember is that TP is young, and is going to be a superstar! We do not need him walking out on the Spurs and then burning us. Sign him to the max (or more realistic, just below that max)

IceColdBrewski
10-05-2004, 11:06 PM
he will not let him walk

Deal.

IceColdBrewski
10-05-2004, 11:13 PM
what IceColdBrewski needs to remember is that TP is young, and is going to be a superstar!

Now where have I heard that before? Oh yeah. It was a year ago on the spursreport.com forums. Everyone told me that "this will be his breakout year." But he still pulled the same ol' disappearing act in the playoffs.

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-05-2004, 11:31 PM
Parker is already one of the top 5 points in the league. Damn, as much as Spurs fans have had to put up with shitty ass point guards in the past, you'd think that'd mean something to them.

ducks
10-05-2004, 11:39 PM
this is not spursreport.com
this is spurstalk.com

SequSpur
10-05-2004, 11:40 PM
Parker is not leaving now. Kidd made that happen.

IceColdBrewski
10-05-2004, 11:41 PM
Parker is already one of the top 5 points in the league....

During the regular season maybe. When he starts to become consistent in the playoffs, that's when I'll jump on the Tony Parker bandwagon.

IceColdBrewski
10-05-2004, 11:42 PM
Parker is not leaving now. Kidd made that happen.

Don't remind me.

IceColdBrewski
10-05-2004, 11:46 PM
this is not spursreport.com
this is spurstalk.com

Your point?

ducks
10-05-2004, 11:50 PM
posters here are more inteligent then over there
some post at both places though

ducks
10-05-2004, 11:52 PM
Don't remind me.
would you rather have a injured kidd making the max
then a healthy parker?

and kidd scored 0 points in the last postseason game he played in
parker has never ever ever did that

Solid D
10-05-2004, 11:53 PM
The Spurs will resign Parker next season unless another contract offer is so outrageous it diminishes the fiber of the TEAM. Pop won't jettison TP that easily, either. The guy is barely voting age. The harshness by some of you on TP's playoff ups and downs (and there have been some major playoff ups, need I remind?) is rather wreckless and basically ridiculous, if indeed seriously directed at him.

He improved year-over-year and it took a major strategy change to slow him down versus the Lakers. TP will learn how to deal with the "Beat on him and pack the lane" tactics as he matures.

IceColdBrewski
10-06-2004, 12:06 AM
would you rather have a injured kidd making the max
then a healthy parker?

This one always makes me laugh. Who's to say that Kidd would have even been injured had he signed with the Spurs? He would have been somewhere else other than where he sustained his injury on the court.

SequSpur
10-06-2004, 12:07 AM
posters here are more inteligent then over there
some post at both places though

I want some of those cheap group tickets that they are selling.. Go ask them if I can go. DG has banned me, so I can't ask. Appreciate it.

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-06-2004, 12:48 AM
When he starts to become consistent in the playoffs, that's when I'll jump on the Tony Parker bandwagon

Well maybe he'd be a little more consistent if a certain coach would expect him to do something besides beat the Lakers team by himself. After the first two games it was collapse on Tony time, and we did nothing to relieve him of that burden (smart things, like letting Manu set up the O and bringing Tony off a screen - see Hamilton, Richard).

SpursFanInAustin
10-06-2004, 07:00 AM
Brewski should worry more about his Eagles team not choking in the playoffs this year.

spurster
10-06-2004, 08:45 AM
The one thing I can't understand is why Pop is forcing a early deadline on extension negotiations. He says that he doesn't want any distraction during training camp, but aren't they all big boys by now? It's not like the playoffs will be in November, or that the Spurs won't have their usual slow start. I also guess Pop is fortunate that the Evil El Bow made a decision and won't distract training camp either.

bigzak25
10-06-2004, 08:53 AM
as much credit as TP deserves for helping us get a 2-0 lead on the Lakes, he needs to shoulder his share of the blame for letting our Spurs drop 4 straight....

they collapsed on the paint...i remember TP being wide open for many an outside shot.....he learns to make those...and he's the troof, and should be paid accordingly.

and his tear drop plays hide and go seek way too much for my taste....and what good is TP if Pop doesn't let him run?

I hope the Spurs resign him though....and I hope TP earns all those millions starting this year.....cuz he hasn't yet.

spur219
10-06-2004, 09:04 AM
I think Tony Parker will be asking for too much money. After the deal that Steve Nash got I am pretty sure he thinks that he can get the same. I am pretty sure other teams that are desperate for a PG will over pay Parker. I hope he stays in SA but I don't see the Spurs over paying for his services.

bigzak25
10-06-2004, 09:08 AM
here's a question?

if the spurs don't sign him this month, are they being cheap and just trying to underpay him for one more year, or is the writing on the wall?

ducks
10-06-2004, 09:35 AM
SequSpur check you pm!

timvp
10-06-2004, 01:56 PM
if the spurs don't sign him this month, are they being cheap and just trying to underpay him for one more year, or is the writing on the wall?

The Spurs will pay Parker the same amount this coming season whether he signs an extension or not. The "being cheap" is in regards to waiting for the new CBA to come along. The Spurs know that the salaries will be tightened and the length of contracts will probably be shortened. They can, in theory, save millions by waiting a year.

Classic Holt move. This from the same guy who stole $200M+ from Tim Duncan.

Marcus Bryant
10-06-2004, 02:05 PM
The Spurs have more to gain by dragging this out. At least in what I've read, Parker wants to get something done now, which is understandable given that this might be the last time he could get 6 guaranteed seasons.

Holt Cat knows what he is doing. He has a number in mind for Parker.

bigzak25
10-06-2004, 02:15 PM
cool....thanks for the 411 timvp.

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-07-2004, 03:14 PM
What are the Parker homers gonna do when Pop lets him go?

The amazing thing is that I never knew Tony had a soft drink endorsement contract. The commercials must run in France I guess.

If he lost the deal I could care less, his fans in France might object though.

Good thread. . .reeaaalllly gooood.

Rick Von Braun
10-07-2004, 04:12 PM
Classic Holt move. This from the same guy who stole $200M+ from Tim Duncan.<Honest question>
Could you explain how you came up with that number?
</Honest question>

Marcus Bryant
10-07-2004, 04:17 PM
Holt was one of the primary instigators behind the push for a revamped CBA, one with maximum annual salaries. Given the contract that Garnett received was well over $20 million per year in 1999 (IIRC), it's not hard to believe that the new CBA cost Duncan about an average of $20 million per season, if not more, from the 2000-01 through 2009-10 seasons (age 24 to 34). So $200 million (in nominal $) is a pretty good estimate.

Think about it, if Duncan hit the open market in the summer of 2003 without a maximum limit on his starting salary what kind of offers would he have received?

sickdsm
10-07-2004, 09:24 PM
If i was McHale i'd rather overpay for a Parker than have Sam and Troy's contract. This is based on a completly healthy sam and troy also.

Parker is PROBABLY not going to get worse. His contract wouldn't be as big of a bust as a Malik or Tariq Abdul Wahad even if he was getting $10 mill playing at his current level.

timvp
10-07-2004, 09:26 PM
Parker is 22 years old. He should be a rookie in the league. His potential is still amazing and I believe his chances of making it there are good.

22 years old. Repeat that a couple times.

annetteresendez
10-11-2004, 04:04 PM
parker homers aren't gonna do a thing about tony leaving becuz he is not going to leave. pop is a smart man and wont let him go. tony belongs in S.A alongside tim and manu. they make a dangerous trio. tony haters need to back off becuz he will be better this year and his playoff performance will be more consistent. he is very mature, smart, and too talented to allow another poor performance in the playoffs.

his regular season play has been on par and he will get quicker and more consistent each year. tony has had to deal with trade talks and jason talk ever since he helped win the championship last year and hasnt been able to enjoy life as a spur. every player has poor performances in the playoffs.

tony and his gorgeous self is going to resign a san antonio spur.
:spin

timvp
10-11-2004, 04:07 PM
Welcome, Ms. Resendez.

slayermin
10-11-2004, 07:09 PM
I will start a "fire pop" thread. :lol

Tony Parker will become nearly unstoppable once he develops a consistent perimeter game. He singlehandedly ripped Memphis a new one and spotted the Spurs to a 2-0 lead in the semis against LA. The Spurs need Tony Parker and Tony Parker needs the Spurs. I hope the extension gets done now.

IMO, the Spurs lost the series against LA because they let the Lakers off the mat in game three. If they approached that game like a seventh game, the Lakers might have folded and surrendered. But since the Spurs didn't really fight back, the Lakers kinda of gangstered the next three games from the Spurs.

SaTown_Spurs_210
10-11-2004, 09:01 PM
ok,lemme start off by sayin tony parker iz soooooooo fine!newayzzz.....i hope pop makes a good decision n doesnt let go of tony.he's one of the best point guards in the league.i saw a poll on a website n it said that he was the point guard u had to keep in the 04 playoffs.i think its true,he does need someone to back him up in the 4th quarter bcuz he does really good in the 3rd,but gets a little rusty in the 4th.o well,we'll see what happens.......GO SPURS! :angel :fro

Marcus Bryant
10-11-2004, 09:10 PM
Oh God no not this forum too.

Rick Von Braun
10-12-2004, 01:47 AM
Oh God no not this forum too.:lol

timvp
04-06-2012, 10:37 AM
he will not let him walk

Deal.

ducks, did you ever get your money?

rasho8
04-06-2012, 10:51 AM
holy fucking thread necro LJ

Mugen
04-06-2012, 10:53 AM
ducks was actually coherent back then :lol

Spur|n|Austin
04-06-2012, 11:02 AM
Hope they don't do anything drastic.

Regardless, Pop will soon confirm what I've been saying for years now. That Parker can't get it done in the clutch and is easily replaceable. He'll confirm it by letting him walk.

Parker better do something spectacular this year. Otherwise he'll be takin his act somewhere else. The Spurs did the smart thing by giving the big bucks to their true second best. Manu.

I can't beilieve there are still Spurs fans out there who would pay Parker "whatever it takes" to keep him around. I guess they like watching him disappear in the playoffs every season.

:stirpot:

xapatan2
04-06-2012, 11:15 AM
I remember this thread...
Nice find Timvp !
Xap'

Slo spurs fan
04-06-2012, 01:23 PM
Damn, those were the times, without bullshiting lakerfan trolls. :(