PDA

View Full Version : Which loss hurt the Kings more?

nkdlunch
04-26-2006, 09:45 AM
which loss do u think hurt the kings more? game 1 or game 2?

I think game 2 'cause if hurts so much more, when you had the game in your pocket and its taken from you in the last seconds. (.4 ?)

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-26-2006, 09:47 AM
Game 4 will.

Samr
04-26-2006, 09:48 AM
Game 2. .4 seconds all over, except the decimal was in the wrong place. And they missed.

Losing a game you should have lost is digestible -- Ok, we did something wrong and we paid the price. Let's fix this. But losing a game you should have won? Sisyphus had more chance of recovering from that.

Jimcs50
04-26-2006, 09:49 AM
Game 4 will.

No, they will win game 4

Spurs will win game 3, then close it out in SA....just like I predicted from the getgo.

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-26-2006, 09:49 AM
It's got to be two. Professionals can shrug off a loss when they just didn't show up for the game. But here they playing nearly as well as they could possibly be expected and they couldn't hold on down the stretch. That's got to feel a lot worse to know that even your best may not be enough.

nkdlunch
04-26-2006, 09:51 AM
No, they will win game 4

Spurs will win game 3, then close it out in SA....just like I predicted from the getgo.

u think? I think if they will win one, it will be game 3. We still will win it in 5 or 6(as I predicted)

ObiwanGinobili
04-26-2006, 09:58 AM
game 2 loss has to hurt more sincethey were soooooo close.
they actually did have a chance & lost it.

davi78239
04-26-2006, 10:03 AM
I say Sac takes Friday's game by a margin of 5-10 points, and then the Spurs edge by in a nailbiter on Sunday to go up 3-1 coming back to SA.

CosmicCowboy
04-26-2006, 10:07 AM
No, they will win game 4

If the Kings lose game 3 Friday they will fold like a cheap lawn chair.

Hook Dem
04-26-2006, 10:14 AM
Hammer down!!!!!! It's time for some more rest! :lol

Gin N Juice
04-26-2006, 10:26 AM
Game 2 reminds me of the Portland series in 99. They kept it pretty close but then when Elliott hit the MDM, kinda took all the wind out of their sails.

Gin N Juice
04-26-2006, 10:27 AM
Game 2 reminds me of the Portland series in 99. They kept it pretty close but then when Elliott hit the MDM it kinda took all the wind out of their sails.

bejanicek
04-26-2006, 10:32 AM
game 2 was a killer to sac. we will have the momentum from that game, but sac will get some back since Artest will be back and they are at home. think it will be another nail bitter friday, will decide it this goes 4 or 6.

Kori Ellis
04-26-2006, 10:34 AM
34-point beatdown or a dagger leading to an overtime win?

I think it's a toss up.

They can't be in good mental shape.

That being said, the Spurs need to come out very aggressive at Arco. Getting off to a good start is key in Game 3.

Supergirl
04-26-2006, 11:08 AM
I think the Spurs will win Game 3, but I think they may struggle to close them out in Game 4. It's very tought to sweep a team and close them out on their own floor, and Sacramento has a lot of pride. I predict Spurs will win the series in Game 5.

In terms of the question, I think the blowout probably hurt more, based on the postgame quotes. They're seeing Game 2 as "we played hard, just came up short, now we're going home" - they had no excuses to make about Game 1. But the impact of the two losses together has to be tough.

101A
04-26-2006, 01:16 PM
Game 2 reminds me of the Portland series in 99. They kept it pretty close but then when Elliott hit the MDM it kinda took all the wind out of their sails.

Did you see game 2 WCF '99?

It wasn't close at all; Portland was up by tons. The Miracle was so huge because it capped an almost impossible comeback.

This one is tough on the Kings, but not MDM or .04 tough....because arguably their best player wasn't there.

Mentally they have that to fall back on.

ie: We could have won that w/o Artest - we'll get 'em when he gets back.

Spurs still have some psyche crushing to do in this one IMO.

SAGambler
04-26-2006, 02:55 PM

That's my thoughts. If the Kings are going to win one, it has to be game three I think, or they will fold like a cheap suit Sunday.

Supergirl
04-26-2006, 03:08 PM
That's my thoughts. If the Kings are going to win one, it has to be game three I think, or they will fold like a cheap suit Sunday.

You would think that, on the surface, but I've seen these series go this way - one team goes up by 3, on the verge of being swept, and they fight and claw for their pride and dignity and pull out a win, and then lose the series in 5 or 6 games. It's not logical, but it's what happens most of the time when you are facing a quality team. Sacramento has a lot of pride. They're going to fight like hell to not get swept if they go down 3-0. The pressure is MORE on the Spurs at that point, because Sacramento has nothing to lose.

If we lose game 3, on the other hand, Sacramento will believe they've got a chance to get back in the series. It's more important to win game 3, I think, to maintain psychological advantage.

ALVAREZ6
04-26-2006, 03:55 PM
They obviously weren't hurt by the game 1 loss considering they deserved to win that game, and they almost did.

ShoogarBear
04-26-2006, 03:57 PM

Except the Kings have one crutch they can lean on: Artest was out.

If they can convince themselves that all they have to do is play like this again with Artest and they'll win, then game 3 will be a huge dogfight.

So I say neither wins hurts them more. The one that will hurt them will be game 3.

It's the same old situation to this point--nothing remarkable has happened until a home team loses.

yeahone
04-26-2006, 04:15 PM
game two hasd to hurt the most because they were never in game one in the first place

SAGambler
04-26-2006, 06:32 PM
Except the Kings have one crutch they can lean on: Artest was out.

If they can convince themselves that all they have to do is play like this again with Artest and they'll win, then game 3 will be a huge dogfight.

But remember, for that to happen Artest has to step up and cover the twenty some points that Martin put up last night. With that bum thumb, and Bowen all over him, I don't think he can do that, unless of course he takes about 40 shots getting there.

I actually like the Spurs chances better with Artest than without him.

Not that I would expect Martin to have another career night though.

And I haven't checked the stat sheet, but I know that kid had to be shooting an out of sight percentage. I just don't see Ron Ron doing that.

ShoogarBear
04-26-2006, 06:42 PM
There are certainly arguments for why the Kings might be worse on the offensive end with Artest out, because he has a prediliction for overestimating his offensive abilities and dominating the ball.

I'm just saying if the Kings play like they did last night and have Artest they're going to be very tough. Manu is unlikely to have another game like that if Artest is on him.

spurs=bling
04-26-2006, 06:42 PM
gm2

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-26-2006, 06:45 PM
game 4.

TDMVPDPOY
04-26-2006, 07:01 PM
i blame rasho for the kings loss

Scobe
04-26-2006, 07:30 PM
Did you see game 2 WCF '99?

It wasn't close at all; Portland was up by tons. The Miracle was so huge because it capped an almost impossible comeback.

This one is tough on the Kings, but not MDM or .04 tough....because arguably their best player wasn't there.

Mentally they have that to fall back on.

ie: We could have won that w/o Artest - we'll get 'em when he gets back.

Spurs still have some psyche crushing to do in this one IMO.

They would not have played that well WITH Artest. No way Martin gets 26 and Wells gets 28. And SAR wouldnt have gone nuts because Artest would have taken most of the shots that SAR took. They played well because three guys had the game of the year at the same time. Artest can't do that by himself, and those guys won't do that again. Just like the Spurs won't shoot 80% and score 73 points in a half again this year.

Scobe
04-26-2006, 07:33 PM
There are certainly arguments for why the Kings might be worse on the offensive end with Artest out, because he has a prediliction for overestimating his offensive abilities and dominating the ball.

I'm just saying if the Kings play like they did last night and have Artest they're going to be very tough. Manu is unlikely to have another game like that if Artest is on him.

The way for Manu to handle Artest is for Pop to put Manu at the point in certain situations and let him take Artest off the dribble. Artest isn't nearly quick enough to stay in front of him, and if the refs keep calling tight games Artest won't be able to push and hand check to keep Manu in front of him. Manu can completely abuse Artest when he handles the ball from the point.

SAGambler
04-26-2006, 08:05 PM
Bonzi, Sar, and Martin all had career night.
With Artest in the lineup, that doesn't happen.

What I did find strange though, was the kid with the hot hand all night long, did not take one shot in the overtime period.

word
04-26-2006, 11:00 PM
A loss is a loss, a win is a win.

Did anyone expect SAC to take out the Spurs in round 1 ?

We've got bigger fish to fry. Much bigger fish....

T Park
04-26-2006, 11:04 PM
A loss is a loss, a win is a win.

deep.......

hat I did find strange though, was the kid with the hot hand all night long, did not take one shot in the overtime period.

Thank Mike Bibby.

He made a couple shots, then bricked i think 1 and turned it over.

SAR, and Martin wont go off like that again.

Bonzi? Maybe, theyve found something that works in putting him in the post against the Spurs.

Duncan should be able though to work against them a little more, but they are hardcore on denying him a shot by doubling him hard and quick.

KingsFanWithoutName
04-26-2006, 11:20 PM
It's the same old situation to this point--nothing remarkable has happened until a home team loses.
Exactly.

T Park
04-26-2006, 11:25 PM
:lol @ king fan holding on....

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-27-2006, 12:37 AM
u think? I think if they will win one, it will be game 3. We still will win it in 5 or 6(as I predicted)
I don't see why the Spurs should think they can't get the 2 early wins, to avoid unnecessary games. They've beaten them when the Kings fought all out, they've slaughtered them with an Artest Run Offense. Spurs will lose a game if they let off a little on the Kings, but I think this game 2 steal of a win, will give the Spurs the confidence to put it away and go home early. They realize now that the King are not as dimensional yet this year, to put up a struggle as they thought. We'll need the extra rest against Dallas. If Dallas is looking to have their way with Memphis. Which looks like an iffy-yet-favorable matchup. So I say, Spurs shouldn't shy away from going for the sweep if health is their concern. Nuggets got swept after the fluke loss. Kings think they're better than they really are.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-27-2006, 12:44 AM
That's deluded optimism-- we always get that from the opponents in the playoffs. Some win a game saying it. Some still lose a game saying it . It means nothing to us and the Spurs. Spurs have best Road-Record. Spurs are playing the Playoffs and should have dropped a game 1, or 2 by now. They haven't. They've come in stronger into the postseason than before.

The only time that was a valid statement was fromthe Pistons in June. Pistons were actually, the Championship Pistons. Kings are not! :lol They're an 8th seed (arguably 4th,5th)that has been a successful work in progress but still need another year to fill out with the Artest acquisition.

ShoogarBear
04-27-2006, 01:07 AM
That's deluded optimism-- we always get that from the opponents in the playoffs. Some win a game saying it. Some still lose a game saying it . It means nothing to us and the Spurs. Spurs have best Road-Record. Spurs are playing the Playoffs and should have dropped a game 1, or 2 by now. They haven't. They've come in stronger into the postseason than before.

The only time that was a valid statement was fromthe Pistons in June. Pistons were actually, the Championship Pistons. Kings are not! :lol They're an 8th seed (arguably 4th,5th)that has been a successful work in progress but still need another year to fill out with the Artest acquisition.
What are you talking about?

2004: Spurs win 1 and 2 at home vs. Lakers, lose next 4.
2005: Spurs win 1 and 2 at home vs. Sonics, lose 3 and 4 on road.
2005: Spurs win 1 and 2 at home vs. Pistons, lose 3 and 4 on road.

The Spurs always end up struggling because they relax and underestimate how hard things are going to be. Maybe Spur fans deserve that because they seem to have the same attitudes.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-27-2006, 01:16 AM
I guess I was thinking about the previous First Rounds. The Spurs have not been a Sweep Team since 1999, and it's kind of funny how they've developed into the kind of championship team that looks beatable, but ends up on top.

but as far as this Kings series goes..I don't see why the Spurs should settle. They're the better team than the Kings. Sure the Mavs will be a tough matchup. But if they know a loss comes because they're complacent. Then all they have to do is, well Don't be Complacent this time! They admit it. They know their past. And yet they accept it, instead of correcting it. It's not like they've got anything to lose from staying awake the next to games. They'll earn rest actually.. The only reason we got the game 2 win was because Manu's relentless attacking. He's one of the few players that doesn't get satisfied or complacent since he's come in for us in 2003. He's very in the moment, with urgency. Barry was awake last night too. If we're ever looking awful, it's all because mentally, half the team is asleep.