PDA

View Full Version : Artest on Friday...

CosmicCowboy
04-26-2006, 12:48 PM
Damn. what would you do if you were Adelman? Artests offensive post-up style play works right into the Spurs defensive strengths...and Kevin Martins slashing was killing us last night...Would you start Artest Friday or go with the lineup that almost won game 2?

ducks
04-26-2006, 12:50 PM
I would start artest hope he goes explodes gets thrown out then go with martin

ducks
04-26-2006, 12:51 PM
martin will be contained more next game he suprised spurs last night

you start artest then go to martin if it is not working

Jimcs50
04-26-2006, 12:52 PM
Damn. what would you do if you were Adelman? Artests offensive post-up style play works right into the Spurs defensive strengths...and Kevin Martins slashing was killing us last night...Would you start Artest Friday or go with the lineup that almost won game 2?

I do not think SA would have had the open looks from downtown, had Artest been in the game. I think Artest starts.

boutons_
04-26-2006, 12:53 PM
KMart was effective, but it was he, plus Bonzi and SAR, three together who killed us for 81 points

Will we see so much from SAR, especially, again?

And Artest has a hurt-shooting hand.

I'd be surprised if Kevin starts, but he might get a lot of minutes if he keeps playing like that.

SAGambler
04-26-2006, 01:12 PM

You go back to your starting five. You really can't expect Martin, SAR, and Bonzi to have another "game of their life" type effort.

I will say this though. I actually think the Spurs are better off WITH Artest in the lineup, because he will take a lot of shots that won't fall. That's what happens when you have a guy that is a "legend in his own mind" playing.

CosmicCowboy
04-26-2006, 01:17 PM
You go back to your starting five. You really can't expect Martin, SAR, and Bonzi to have another "game of their life" type effort.

I will say this though. I actually think the Spurs are better off WITH Artest in the lineup, because he will take a lot of shots that won't fall. That's what happens when you have a guy that is a "legend in his own mind" playing.

Thats exactly what I mean. Kings clearly had better ball movement with Artest out of the lineup.

101A
04-26-2006, 02:12 PM
DO YOU want Artest on your bench feeling slighted for minutes.

I'm sure this is going to work out great for Addelman.

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-26-2006, 02:15 PM
Given the way Nazr has played at times I'd start Martin, Artest, and Thomas as my frontcourt, and put Martin on Nazr. It's gimmicky but they have nothing to lose, and I haven't seen anything that would make me think that Nazr could really make them pay for that line up.

ducks
04-26-2006, 02:30 PM
whatever he does and it does not work he might get canned