PDA

View Full Version : Anybody thinking about looking for a new job in Austin?

Mark in Austin
04-26-2006, 01:28 PM
Thought I'd see if anybody in the SpursTalk family is interested in working in Austin. My company is looking for experienced Civil Engineers, AutoCAD technicians, and drafters. (Also survey techs.) We're a small to medium sized consulting firm w/ offices on all three coasts specializing in Civil Engineering, Land Planning and Surveying.

If you want additional info, post here and I can PM you or shoot you an email.

CosmicCowboy
04-26-2006, 01:35 PM
Duff might be able to hold the stick for the transit guy.

MannyIsGod
04-26-2006, 01:47 PM
:lol

I woudln't hire Duff to be a rodman if there wasn't anyone else out there. I'd tell the crew cheif to find a way to do it himself.

ShoogarBear
04-26-2006, 02:00 PM
How much time per day do you get to goof off on the Intenets?

Vashner
04-26-2006, 02:02 PM
Yea air conditioning... office overlooking the Lake. Mini fridge. Good internet with no monitoring. And managers that like to do surveys all day long.

davi78239
04-26-2006, 02:18 PM
What exactly do the survey techs do and how much would it pay? I'm kinda interested.

Mark in Austin
04-26-2006, 05:36 PM
A basic definition of a survey tech would be: a survey tech uses AutoCAD/ Land Desktop to create in cyberspace what the field crew actually measured and recorded when they took their measurements. You're basically "connecting the dots" on the survey data.

Sounds simple, but it takes a lot of detailed, exacting work to do it right.

The pay depends on your level of experience.

Vashner
04-26-2006, 11:14 PM
They still have that Nude beach "hippy hollow"?

helwardman
04-30-2006, 10:09 AM
If you know anyone that needs an experienced, degree-qualified electrical engineer please let me know. I've been trying to find a job in Texas for a while now but to no avail.