PDA

View Full Version : Sports Guy Chat

leemajors
04-26-2006, 02:26 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=11510&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos2

Blofeld (San Antonio, Tx): Hey Simmons, what's up with your hate for the Spurs? You must know that we San Antonians are rabid for this team down here, so we take any slight personally. Come on Simmons, don't be scared to answer this question. Mercy is for the weak, the weak deserve no mercy, what is the problem Mr. Simmons?

SportsNation Bill Simmons: (1:50 PM ET ) That couldn't be further from the truth - I really admire the Spurs and think they have the best coaching staff in the league. That play they ran to set up Barry's game-tying 3 was absolute genius, that was the highlight of the playoffs so far. I just don't think they can win a title with Duncan putting up 13-10's.

Is this enough to convince people that the Sports Guy doesn't hate the spurs?

Obstructed_View
04-26-2006, 02:29 PM
Is it actually possible not to hate someone who refers to himself as "The Sports Guy"?

SA210
04-26-2006, 02:29 PM
Pop should always be talked about in the Coach of the Year runnings.

baseline bum
04-26-2006, 02:38 PM
Dan Ribolzi (Minneapolis): How long before Selig calls Stern and asks "Remember that time you had MJ retire to avoid the gambling scandal? I need to get Bonds out before he breaks Aaron's record. How do I do it?" Has this conversation already happened?

SportsNation Bill Simmons: (1:29 PM ET ) I think the Bonds situation is going to resolve itself. Have you seen him? He's limping around like Fred Sanford. Any ball hit to left field is legitimately embarrassing to watch - I don't think there's any way he will break Aaron's record unless he gets traded to the AL so he can DH. He's the slowest, gimpiest outfielder in the history of baseball - even a hobble Mickey Mantle with 9 ACL surgeries and a .34 blood alcohol level was a better bet to reach a flyball in the gap.

:lmao

Chad Day, Charlottesville, VA: Could the Barry Bonds from 10+ years ago who couldn't throw out Sid Bream throw out the Barry Bonds from today?

SportsNation Bill Simmons: (1:30 PM ET ) No, I think the throw is still wide to the right.

:lmao :lmao

mikejones99
04-26-2006, 02:45 PM
Simmons and all the doubters think if Tim doesn't get 25 n 10 we can't we in all. They forget how many quality players SA has.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
04-26-2006, 03:14 PM
Simmons and all the doubters think if Tim doesn't get 25 n 10 we can't we in all. They forget how many quality players SA has.

Against teams like the Mavs and Pistons, we will need more from Duncan.

CubanMustGo
04-26-2006, 03:59 PM
Against teams like the Mavs and Pistons, we will need more from Duncan.

:tu

18 and 12 should do it. More would be nice.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-26-2006, 04:02 PM
:tu

18 and 12 should do it. More would be nice.

i agree with that post!